Author's note

"K.K. Slider"

Author’s note: I have named this café, Cadenza.
'Cadenza':  Initially an improvised cadence by a soloist; later becoming an elaborate and written out passage in an aria or concerto, featuring the skills of an instrumentalist or vocalist.
            I named it Cadenza with the hopes of turning this story into a Cadenza. Since the name is ‘K.K. Slider’ I wanted to honor two important components in my life: music and food. I created this story for Kfanfiction’s writing competition (2014) and I wanted it to be unique. The story is to be focused on the oc, Kana, who is an extraordinary chef and pastry chef. She works at Cadenza and holds a place of high authority- she’s in charge of the daily menus and specials- and while she’s working there she forms a special bond with one of Cadenza’s most popular performers, Jongin who goes by the stage name Kai.
            And so, like the initial definition of ‘Cadenza’ I wrote this story with the idea of Kana being “the improvising soloist” and Kai being the one to be “featuring the skills of an instrumentalist or vocalist.” Though this story is only short and sweet, I was hoping that you –as my reader(s) – will be able to take away the feeling that Kana and Kai’s story doesn’t stop at this initial stage. As you all have read, Kai and Kana see each other on a weekly basis. Yes, they are friends but they could also be something more. And because our dear Kana thinks of Kai has her beloved RPG character, K.K. Slider, she’s all the more attached to this café and all the people in it.