Strawberry Bubblegum

Sweet

    Changmin just watched silently as Yunho skipped into the room happily, like a crazed hyper child, and skip right back out.  Changmin rolled his eyes and shook his head before he turned back to the magazine that he was looking at.  He was skimming through the pages, stopping to look at pictures here and there.  Really he was just waiting to look at his photos that he knew was going to be in the magazine.  He wanted to see how the pictures came out.

    Changmin had just reached the photo spread covering him and Yunho when the older skipped into the room again.  Changmin sighed and put the magazine down.

    “What are you doing?” Changmin asked, already impatient.

    Yunho stopped moving and turned to Changmin, smiling.  He shrugged and started making his way over to Changmin.  “I’m not doing anything.  What are you doing?”

    Changmin ignored Yunho’s question.  “Why are you so happy… and skippy?” he asked as Yunho sat next to him and peered at the magazine in his lap.

    “Oh is that from the last photo shoot?” Yunho asked, leaning over to see the magazine better.

    Changmin sighed again, realizing that Yunho wasn’t going to answer his question.  The older had the attention span of a toddler, and now he was interested in their photo spread.

    Yunho was leaning against Changmin.  The sides of their bodies were pressed up against each other, and Yunho had his head tucked to see the magazine better, placing his head in the way of Changmin’s view of the magazine.  Yunho’s hair was tickling Changmin’s chin and cheek, but just as he was about to complain he heard something.

    Changmin frowned when he realized the noise was coming from Yunho.  “What are you eating?” he asked.

    Yunho sat up straight and looked at Changmin.  He opened his mouth to respond, but Changmin interrupted him.

    “You’re smacking,” Changmin said, looking straight at Yunho’s chewing mouth, “a lot.”

    Yunho stopped chewing before he smiled brightly.  “It’s chewing gum,” Yunho said, before he turned completely towards the younger and pulled on Changmin’s arm.  “Guess what flavor it is!  Guess!”

    Changmin just eyed how hyper Yunho was acting again.  He didn’t know whether to laugh or to chastise the older.  “How am I supposed to know what flavor it is?”

    “It’s strawberry!” Yunho shouted happily before he started chewing the gum again, smacking as well.

    “Is that why you were skipping all over the place?” Changmin asked, flinching at Yunho’s smacking.

    Yunho nodded his head enthusiastically and replied, “It tastes so good!  You know that I like strawberries, but this is just… it tastes so good!”

    Changmin chuckled and turned back to the magazine.  “I guess I’ll just have to take your word for it.”

    “Nope!” Yunho shouted.

    Changmin turned towards Yunho and opened his mouth to ask what Yunho meant when all of a sudden Yunho stuck something in his mouth.

    “Chew it!” Yunho said.  “It really tastes like strawberry!”

    Changmin just stared wide-eyed at Yunho with the older’s chewed gum sitting in his mouth, on his tongue.

    “Come on, chew it!” Yunho said again, grabbing Changmin’s chin and trying to force the younger to chew.

    Changmin rolled his eyes before he reluctantly began to chew the already chewed gum.

    “So how does it taste?” Yunho asked excitedly.  “Like a real strawberry, huh?”

    Changmin chewed the gum, but could barely taste a faint fruity flavor, which he assumed was supposed to be strawberry.  Yunho had chewed all of the flavor out of the gum, and all that Changmin could taste was what the younger assumed was the inside of Yunho’s mouth.

    Changmin smiled and nodded.  “Yep, just like a strawberry,” he lied.

    Yunho smiled brightly before his smile slowly turned into a pout.

    Changmin sighed again.  “What now?”

    “It’s not fair,” Yunho responded, crossing his arms.  “You get to have the strawberry gum now.”

    Changmin shook his head before taking the gum out of his mouth and holding it out for Yunho.  “Here,” he said, not really expecting the older to take it.

    Yunho reached down and closed his mouth over the piece of gum and the tips of Changmin’s fingers.  He pulled back and smiled at the maknae.  “The strawberry flavor is fading.”

    After recovering from the shock of Yunho accepting the pre-chewed gum and nearly devouring his fingers in the process, Changmin turned back to his magazine.

    “You’re smacking again,” Changmin stated after a while, not looking up from his magazine.

    “Oh, mianhe,” Yunho replied.

    “Why not spit it out since the flavor is gone?” Changmin asked, not really all that interested.

    Yunho smiled and wrapped his arms around the younger’s arm and cuddled into Changmin.  “It doesn’t taste like strawberry anymore,” Yunho admitted, “but now it tastes like Changminnie.”

    Changmin choked on spit and gasped.  He turned to look at Yunho, who was just grinning up at him.  He quickly turned back to his magazine and tried to ignore his hyung, but he couldn’t ignore the rising heat in his face, or the burning feeling where his skin met Yunho’s skin, or the tingling feeling he felt in his neck where he could feel Yunho’s breath on him.

    “Damn strawberry flavored gum,” he mumbled.