Appointment

Almost Perfection

Tao stirred from his sleep at the sound of angry mutters and the shuffling of feet. He awoke with a killer headache and shivers leaving his mouth. The teenager quickly pulled on his hoodie, covering up his cold yet sticky with sweat torso.

On the opposite side of the house, Kris cussed as the toast came out a tad bit too burnt. Nonetheless he dropped it onto his expensive china plate, right next to the undercooked egg and unseasoned bacon.

“I didn’t know you knew how to cook.”

Tao’s voice came out so raspy, Kris jumped, thus spilling the coffee mug in his other hand.

“Frick – Yah, Panda, you scared me!” Kris scolded, throwing the plate onto the counter and running off to find paper towels.

Tao, still dazed and frankly feeling worst than the past day, just stood there as Kris cleaned up his mess. Soon after a hand landed on Tao’s forehead, a sigh following.

“Why is it that you’re still warm,” Kris wondered more to himself than the teenager. Turning to Tao, he then barked, “Go back to sleep, kid.”

Tao pouted despite himself and plotted his down on Kris’s kitchen table chair instead. “I’m hungry.”

Kris scoffed, shoving the plate of inedibles in the teen’s face. “Eat up, then.”

Tao was left gawking at the failed attempt at breakfast the plate was as Kris ran off to the shower, grumbling incoherent cusses.

“Well, I guess I didn’t know you cooked because you can’t.”

 

 

“Don’t you have work today?” Tao had showered and eaten (real food, precisely Chinese take-out) and was now back in Kris’s bed.

Kris shook his head, eyes still glued to his computer screen. “Today’s Wednesday.”

Tao frowned. “Wednesday’s no holiday though.”

“Not for usual people.” Kris faintly smirked but it disappeared as soon as it had come. “And I am anything but the usual person.”

“But then –“

“You ask too many questions.” Kris abruptly closed the laptop. “Go to sleep; you’re sick aren’t you?”

Tao bit his lip. “I think I’m better now.”

Kris mentally scoffed but didn’t say anything. “Oh are you?”

The teenager nodded eagerly. “Yeah, I’m great.”

“That’s good then.” Kris got off his one-person couch, acting as if he was folding up his sleeves. “I have an appointment with someone. So, while I’m gone, you’re better enough to go play elsewhere but my home, right?”

“A-Ah,” Tao was hesitating. He didn’t want yesterday to occur again, but he also didn’t want Kris to miss his appointment.

“Is there a problem?” Kris was purposely pushing the younger’s buttons, just to see how far he’d go before popping. 

Tao shook his head, deflated. “No problem. I think I’ll visit an old friend of mine today then.”

Kris just stared, a prickling feeling bubbling within him. Raising an eyebrow, he asked again. “So there’s no problem? I’ll just kick you out of my house again and you can go wandering the streets again, hoping you don’t fall sick again?”

The coldness in Kris’s tone sent shivers up Tao’s spine. He didn’t understand what he’d done to upset the elder. “Yifan –“

“Don’t ing call me that.” Kris stomped towards the door. “Get ready in five minutes Panda.”

Tao sat up at the command obediently, silently opening up his shopping bags from the day before.

 

Tao soon learned that five minutes in Kris’s language equaled to at least the triple. After seventeen minutes flat, Kris shuffled out of his bedroom. He was dressed in black trousers to compliment a plain white polo t-shirt. A lazily thrown over cardigan lay on his shoulders.

Tao was left biting his lip and wondering how a man could look so flawless in such simple clothes when Kris shoved his frame out of the way.

“New clothes?” Kris half grumbled half asked.

Tao beamed, totally disposing his previous thoughts. “I bought them yesterday! That reminds me…”

“I don’t have time for your stories.” Kris opened the front door, making way for the younger. “Out.” 

Tao obeyed immedietely and stepped out. Kris followed suit and locked his lavish condo, only to turn around to see Tao walking away. Befuddled, he chased after the younger down the stairs and spun him around. 

"Where the heck do you think you're going?" Kris cocked his head towards his BMW. "The car's that way." 

Tao frowned. "Why would I get into the car? I thought..." 

"Well you thought wrong. I'm cold but I'm not cold enough to kick out a homless, not to mention sick, teenager in the streets of Seoul." Muttering, Kris added, "At least not again." 

 

"Yifan ssi, what about your appointment?" 

Kris shrugged. "What about it?" 

As the engine started, Tao's previous bundle of questions had multiplied. "You're going to miss it?" 

Kris simply shook his head. 

An irritated sigh left the teeanger's lips despite his usual passive personality. He hated beating around the bush. "Yifan -" 

"I'm on my appointment right now, kid." 

"What?" Tao didn't understand the riddles Kris was speaking. Not at all. 

Kris sighed and sped up the car. "I had an appointment to show an oblivious Panda around Seoul. I've been putting it off for one day too many and I'm finally getting around to it. So please, little one, go to sleep or something and I'll wake you when we're there." 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another filler =) 

Don't worry, all the other pairings will come in soon. Thanks for all the comments btw. They make this old lady's heart beam