Two.

When Love Found Him.

Hyejung's eyes scanned the lunch room. Her head looks in all directions, confusing her friends entirely. A smile places on Hyejung's lips but was soon followed by a small frown. She saw Jungkook alone. Completely deserted like he was on an island. Even though he hadn't spoken a word to her, she found him interesting and cool in a way.

 

“Who are you looking at?”

 

Hyejung's eyes never left Jungkook, “Him. The one sitting alone.”

 

A scoff came from the girl, “Jungkook? You shouldn't talk to him. He's really weird and look at his face. It's disgusting and gross. Who would want to talk to that? I heard he was born like that.”

 

Hyejung stared at her. Hyejung's expression changed drastically, giving off a cold vibe, “Those sound like rumors. You know I hate rumors. Just because he looks different doesn't mean he's an alien. He's human too. Probably more than you. The fact that you used the word 'that' to point him out as a person really makes my respect for you drop completely. We may have been friends for a long time but by now you should know not to say those things in front of me.”

 

“Well I'm just saying that's all.”

 

“And I'm saying, you may not like him but you definitely do not have the right to make it sound like he's an object.” Hyejung smiled nicely, “Don't make that mistake again. I promise you will regret if you do.” She stood up from the table, “I'll see you guys in class.”

 

Jungkook ate silently. He wished he could keep the mask on but school policy prohibited him from having anything covering his face. Jungkook could feel the stares from other students as well as whispers of rumors passing by. He felt the table shake lightly, the knot in his stomach tightened. He waited for his food to be knocked off the table but moments passed and nothing happened.

 

“Hey. Why aren't you eating anymore?”

 

Jungkook lifted his gaze, he stared at the smiling girl that seemed oblivious of other people staring. Jungkook scowled at her, not knowing if it was out of pity or if it was a mean plan to hurt him sometime. After seconds of looking at each other in the eyes, Jungkook dropped his spoon.

 

“What.” He said angrily, “Do you have something to say too? Am I really an easy target for everyone to make fun of? What do you want. What is it that you want from me? First this morning and now lunch. What is it?”

 

Hyejung continued to smile, “Nothing. Really. Can't I sit here and talk to you.”

 

“No.”

 

“That's not nice.”

 

“I wasn't trying to be.” Jungkook retorted.

 

“But you should try to be nice sometimes. You still didn't give me a thank you for saving you in the morning and you didn't say thank you when I said you had pretty eyes.” Hyejung pouted for a second before smiling again, “I forgive you though. I'm not always nice either.”

 

Jungkook kept his gaze on her as she continued to talk. He poked and pushed his food around with no choice but to listen to her ramble on different topics. Once in a while, he'd mentally laugh at something funny she had said but never showed a smile. Soon lost in his thoughts, he felt a finger lightly push his forehead.

 

“It's rude to not listen to people.” Hyejung scolded him yet again.

 

Jungkook glared at her, “It's rude to keep talking and never let the other person speak.”

 

A grin quickly grew, “So you want to talk. Let's talk. What are your likes and dislike? What kind of music are you into? What are your hobbies? Do you like books?”

 

Jungkook scowled at her when she finished her questions, “Why don't you just go back to your group of friends and talk to them.”

 

Hyejung tiled her head, “I have a friend who's just like you. Before I met her she was really quiet and didn't really talk to anybody. When I was partnered with her for a project she was so funny and the sweetest thing ever. So everyday at lunch I sat with her, talked to her, and eventually everyone started too also. Now she's one of my closest friends.” Hyejung continued to smile, “I hope we can be friends too.”