One.

When Love Found Him.

Jungkook's eyes squinted at the time when the alarm clock set off. His hair stuck out in places as he sat up and rubbed his eyes. He shuffled out of his room and to the bathroom across from his room. Without glancing at the mirror, he jumped in the shower and let the hot water wake him fully. Finished, he stood in front of the mirror that covered in steam. He took his hand and ran over the steam, before the steam filled the empty space of the mirror, he look at his face. The mix of dark red and pink covered half of his left cheek where skin had used to be but long gone burned off.

 

“Jungkook.” His mother knocked on the door, calling his name with concern, “Are you alright in there?”

 

Jungkook placed the towel to cover his face before opening the door wide open. He walked past his mother and shut his door behind him. Jungkook tossed the towel onto his bed while reaching for one of the mask piled on his desk. It covered half of his face, only revealing his eyes.

 

The door opened and slammed shut as Jungkook pulled his shirt down. He watched his younger sister storm in. Her hand on her hip and a pissed off expression. Jungkook stared at her, waiting for her to speak.

 

“Oppa, just talk to mom one time would you. Mom is only doing things to please you. She even divorced dad for you. Just talk to mom.”

 

Jungkook sighed, “I'm glad she did Minji. Okay. I really am. But how am I suppose to talk to the person who let me become like this.”

 

Minji crossed her arms, “She said she couldn't do anything.”

 

“She watched, Minji.” Jungkook half yelled at her, frustration boiling in his blood, “She says she couldn't but she watched me. She watched dad punish me like that. She could have stopped him but she just stood there.”

 

“You don't know that.”

 

“I may have been young but I definitely knew what I saw.”

 

Minji let her arms fall to her side, “At least say one word to her.”

 

The door closed behind her, leaving him alone in his room. That's how he liked it. He liked being alone. Far from people as possible, no voices but his, no one judging him.

 

-----------

“Hey!”

 

Jungkook walked passed the group of boys, ignoring their shouts at him. He proceeded to walk in hopes of reaching the inside of school before getting physically hurt somewhere on his body. Summer had just passed and Jungkook dreaded having to appear in the place he hated the most. Before he could take another step, a hand pulls his backpack forcefully, making him fall on his bottom.

 

Jimin looks down at him with a smirk, “Didn't you hear your hyungs calling you. You should really learn to answer people when they're talking to you.” He grabs Jungkook by the collar, pulling him up, “Hey I heard your sister has a great body. How much is one night with her.”

 

Jungkook's eyes changed. His fist curled as he used one hand to grab Jimin's collar. Jungkook's mouth opened to say an insult until a pair of hands split the two up. Jungkook stared at the girl standing in the middle of them.

 

“Park Jimin. Aren't you taking things too far there.”

 

“He started it!” Jimin shouted.

 

She sternly looks at Jimin, “And I'm ending it. Stop harassing innocent people.” She watches Jimin walk away while muttering threats under his breath. She turns to Jungkook, “I'm sorry about that. He's short tempered. I'm Hyejung if you didn't know.”

 

Jungkook examines her before turning and leaving without a word.

 

Hyejung scoffs, “You know it's rude to just not say something.” When he doesn't reply again, she runs up next to him, “You should thank me. I helped you out back there.”

 

Jungkook stops in his tracks, turning his head and looking at her. His hand removes the mask covering his face, revealing the burned skin. He stood, slightly taken aback that she didn't scream and leave. From the corner of his eye, he noticed girls and guys staring while getting grossed out. Hyejung blinks innocently when no words were exchanged.

 

Hyejung smiles, “You have really pretty eyes. Did you know that.”