Chapter 2

Of Tea and Music *officially on hiatus*

Baekhyun and Chanyeol left quickly, well more like Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol away. Chen stood frozen in his previous spot staring at Xiumin with a deer-caught-in-headlights look.

“Um…H-hi,” Chen stuttered dumbly.

“HI, again,” Xiumin greeted with a small laugh.

“H-how can I help you?” Chen mentally cursed himself; he just couldn’t quit stuttering, could he?

“Right. I work across the street,” Xiumin gestured to said shop.

“Yeah, I know,” Chen interrupted.

“You do?” Xiumin looked at Chen warily before taking an almost unnoticeable, baby-step away from the troll.

‘Holy crap I did not just say that!’ Chen screamed in his mind,” Ah-I, uh wow that came out weird…hahaa. I mean I saw you…”

“That doesn’t sound much better…” Xiumin teased.

“Right,” Chen blushed in embarrassment, not catching the other’s tone, “I mean I saw you, across the street, bustling tables or something... I may have waved?”

Xiumin giggled at the awkward man and nodded, “Hahaha, don’t worry. I was just teasing you.”

“Ahhh…right,” Chen chuckled a little at himself, rubbing the back of his neck shyly, “Oh! Sorry, what was it that you needed?”

“Hm? Oh, right. As I was saying, I work across the street--the TeaRoom, but you probably know that--and my boss asked me to look for some music.” Xiumin informed.

“Music? Well, you came to the right place,” Chen smiled gesturing to the rows-upon-rows of CD’s, records, and musical instruments, “What kind do you need?”

“Um, I don’t know?” Xiumin answered hesitantly.

“You don’t know…” Chen repeated and stared at the other with tight lips and blinking eyes.

“Yeeaaah…” Xiumin smile sheepishly.

‘Well, congrats to me I guess. I’ve successfully made the most awkward situation possible.’

To be honest, it was quite awkward. Neither male seemed intent on talking. Instead they just kinda stood there, staring creepily at each other. Chen took the moment to gaze over the other’s features. He had a youthful face, he seemed to be younger than Chen. His face was round and he has the most tastefully, adorable cheeks. As weird as it sounds, Chen couldn’t wait to kiss them. But even more so, he wanted to kiss those plump, pink lips. Realizing that yes, he had just been checking out the other’s face, Chen motioned for Xiumin to follow him to the ‘recorded music’ section to avoid any other staring.

“So, I’ve never really been over there, but I assume your boss would like something widely popular?” Chen inferred.

“Ah yeah I guess-wait. You’ve never been? Like ever?” Xiumin looked at Chen shocked.

Chen nodded and leaned back against a table of CDs. It was true. He’d never been because he was always too nervous. He wanted to go just to meet the other, but when his mind met reality, he backed out faster than Chanyeol at a make-up stand with a shop-happy Baekhyun.

“Nah, I guess I never really had the time.” ‘Lies all lies!’

“Oh, well you should stop by sometime! Maybe I can make you something special,” Xiumin smiled happily.

Chen blushed and felt his heart beat fasten, ‘Oh god too cute…’

Chen nodded, promising that he would love to stop by. He and Xiumin then began riffling through the boxes of music. The two fell into comfortable conversation about work and likes, etc. Chen had a triumphant smile on his handsome face the entire time.

“Do you know this CD?” Xiumin asked holding up a pink case with a group of girls on the front, “I used to love this group…”

“How could I not know SNSD? Gee gee gee gee ba-ba-ba-ba-baby gee gee gee gee ba-ba-ba-baby” Chen danced and sung one of the songs from the disk.

Xiumin burst out laughing at the other’s dancing. Chen stopped and smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

“I’m not much of a dancer…” Chen laughed.

“Mmm,” Xiumin agreed, “But, you’re not half bad!” Xiumin copied the other’s moves.

Soon enough the two were leaning on the selves or tables for support. They probably spent five minutes laughing their faces off before calming down enough to continue searching.

“How about this one?” Xiumin asked, holding up a disk in a paper envelope.

“Super Junior, Super Show 2…” Chen read off the disk, “Hmm, how ‘bout Sorry Sorry Answer?”

Chen began singing the song beautifully. He sang all three parts perfectly, and when it came to Yesung’s long notes, he belched them out with ease. Xiumin was amazed by the man’s voice. Xiumin was having a hard time breathing while listening to the other’s voice. He was absolutely perfect. Chen didn’t belong working in a music store, he should be sold in a music store.

“Holy Shisus…that was…that…wow! That was amazing! You-you’re voice! Whaaa!” Xiumin blabbered, to shocked to even form correct sentences.

 “Really? I want to be a professional singer one day,” Chen commented proudly, “It’s my ultimate dream.”

“Wow, I totally think you can do it,” Xiumin smiled encouragingly,” No, I know you can do it! I want to be a barista one day. Right now I’m kind of interning at the TeaRoom…but one day I’ll be running the place! And then I’ll be opening up restaurants all over the world!”

“I bet you will,” Chen nodded in agreement before returning to reshelving the CD Xiumin had pulled out and didn’t want.

Xiumin nodded and the two continued searching for CDs. A silence fell over them as they sifted through the boxes of CDs. Eventually, Xiumin decided which disks to buy and thanked Chen. Chen walked the other to the cash register and took the disks from Xiumin. He rang up each one and was surprised to see ‘Super Show 2’ amongst the pile. He bit back a smile as he bagged the CD’s for Xiumin.

“Let’s make a promise.” Xiumin spoke up, taking the bag.

“A promise? About what?” Chen leaned against the check-out counter, bracing himself on his elbows. By now he had rolled up the sleeves to his pristine, black shirt and ed the top few buttons, exposing his creamy forearms and collar bones.(He was hot after all the dancing…Chen would never admit it though.)

Xiumin’s eyes flitted over Chen before immediately looking away. Hiding a blush, he responded, “A promise that no matter what, we’ll both achieve our dreams.”

“Hm…” Chen leaned forward and rested his head in his hand,” Sounds good to me.”

Xiumin looked up to see Chen’s pinky finger extended out. He smiled and interlocked his own pinky with Chen’s.

“Promise.”

Both boys stared into each other’s eyes and blushed. There was no way Chen could escape from his love now. Chen just buried himself so deep that he’d probably never get out. Chen was trapped, but then again, he couldn’t care less.

“Promise.”

Xiumin nodded and took away his hand. He waved shyly before leaving the store with a quiet goodbye. Chen sighed happily, dropping his head in his hands, and stared dreamily at the door.

‘Wait a minute…’

Chen shot up and ran to the door. Throwing it open, he burst out. Chen looked wildly in all directions (including up and down), to no avail. His love was nowhere to be found, and the worst part of all…

I didn’t even get his name…’

 

 

AU/THORS NOTE______________________________________

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I got it done! Sorry it took forever…and if there are any mistakes. Hopefully I’ll be updating my other stories soon too! Thanks COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I edited/ fixed some errors in the first chapter