TWELVE - Please Be Nice To Me

Courage to Love **hiatus**

Chapter TWELVE.
Please Be Nice To Me.

 

4pm, SS501's dorm
[3rd person's POV]

Leaving with no options, Hyun Joong brought Ji Hye back to the dorm to discuss the issue with the rest. They have to settle it before Kyu Jong comes back from his schedule.

"So do you have any idea what to do to help them?" Hyung Jun asked Ji Hye impatiently.

"Ani." She shook her head sadly, "I just know we have to make them talk it out. But I think Kyu Jong wouldn't want to see Eun Hae at all."

Suddenly, as if Hyun Joong got an idea, he reached into his pocket and took out a necklace - the dragonfly necklace that should have belonged to Eun Hae - and he passed it to Ji Hye, "Maybe this would help."

Jung Min and Hyung Jun understood immediately what their leader meant, but Ji Hye was lost and stared at the necklace, asking Hyun Joong, "What do you mean? This necklace?"

"That necklace is supposed to be a present Kyu Jong hyung is giving to Eun Hae, but..." Hyung Jun coughed and put a stop to his sentence.

"Kyu Jong told me, he has specially designed that necklace for Eun Hae because he feels that she represents a dragonfly - patient and determined, but shy. That's what he liked her for." Initially, I didn't know there were so much meaning behind a simple necklace, but that's what he explained to me. "You pass it to Eun Hae, get her to wear it and we will let them meet and talk over it. Maybe when he sees the necklace, it reminds him of them together."

"When?"

"Maybe tomorrow."

"Where?"

Hyun Joong asked her for her phone, punch in his number and pressed call. His phone in his pocket vibrated and he cut the call again. "There, got your number" He smiled cheekily and returned the phone to her again. "I will call you to arrange the time and venue, and you will bring Eun Hae there, got it?"

Ji Hye nodded obediently and got up from her seat as Hyun Joong insisted that she should go now as Kyu Jong would probably be on the way back already. It wouldn't be nice if they meet.

Hyun Joong and Ji Hye barely left the house for a minute and Kyu Jong was back, going directly to his room to avoid any conversations with the members.

Hyung Jun found  something amiss about him and asked the other two, "Do you think he met Ji Hye downstairs?" They shook their heads and shrugged.

Few minutes later, Hyun Joong came back to the dorm and Jung Min asked, "Kyu Jong hyung is back. Did you guys...?"

"Ani, I brought her through the other exit." Hyun Joong said calmly, careful not to mention the name in case Kyu Jong is listening to their conversation.

"Wow, hyung, you're so clever this time! Jjang!" Hyung Jun gave him a thumbs up, and leader went to give him a pat, or rather, a light smack, on his head, "Yah, you mean I've always been stupid?"

"Kekeke, hyung ah, I didn't say that, you said that yourself!" Hyung Jun stuck out his tongue and ran away to hide in his room in case Hyun Joong is going to chase after him.

"Yah! You little bastard. Jung Min, let's go!" Hyun Joong shouted after the maknae as the two ran for him.

 

16Feb2010 Tuesday, 6pm, Dance Studio
[3rd person's POV]

The boys have already been practicing for the past five hours, and the manager decided that it is now break time and the boys can go and rest, drink up and go for an early dinner.

"Ki Rae ah, where are you guys eating dinner at?" Hyung Jun asked eagerly.

"The one just opposite the studio, we always eat there. Wanna join us?" Ki Rae laughed as Hyung Jun really looked like a hungry little puppy.

Hyung Jun nodded in anticipation but he looked at the other members, except from Young Saeng who wants to go and have dinner, Hyun Joong, Kyu Jong and Jung Min didn't seem to want to move.

Hyun Joong realized it and said, "Hyung Jun and Young Saeng, you two can go and eat first if you are hungry, we will join you guys later."

The two boys, along with the other dancers, went out of the studio for their break, and the studio is left with the three boys. Kyu Jong went to a corner alone and started training on his sit up.

Hyun Joong pulled Jung Min over to the door and made a call. Jung Min immediately understood what is going on, only Kyu Jong didn't know what was going on.

"Eh Ji Hye ah," He whispered into the phone, "I will send you the address of our studio, you bring her over now, okay?"

"Neh, I am with her already, we will be there soon."

As Ji Hye and Eun Hae were already in the district, they reached the agreed venue ten minutes later.

"Ji Hye ah, why are we here? This looks like some dance studio." Eun Hae asked her friend as they took the flight of stairs that bring them to the basement.

Hyun Joong was the one who greeted them at the door, and Eun Hae's heart sank. When SS501 is here, it means that Kyu Jong is here too.

Hyun Joong stared at Eun Hae for a moment, that makes her uncomfortable, but he just did that to make sure that she is wearing the dragonfly necklace.

"I think you should go in and have a talk with him." Hyun Joong spoke as he looked at the floor.

 

[Kyu Jong's POV]

Back facing the door, I tried doing some sit ups to make myself relax and not think of the sad things. I heard some noise at the entrance and turned to see a familiar figure entering the studio, guided by Hyun Joong hyung.

That person... Why is she here?

"Hyung, you..." I didn‘t know what to say, I feel so weak in front of her.

"Yah, Kim Kyu Jong, Son Jae Kyung is what happened in the past, uri Eun Hae is not like her. It‘s time for you guys to have a good talk and settle the things quick. You‘re not coming out for dinner until you two finished talking, araso?" Ji Hye was the one who replied him instead of Hyun Joong hyung, and Jung Min did get a shock at the tone she is using to talk to an idol.

But well, she's Song Ji Hye, and she is almost fearless.

How did she know about Son Jae Kyung.

I tried to stop them from leaving, but they did anyway, closing the door behind them so that only the two of us were inside the studio.

My eyes darted around the room in awkwardness and something silvery hanging around Eun Hae‘s neck caught my attention. Dragonfly.

"Where did you get the necklace?" My voice softened. I thought it was lost, just like our love.

"This is for me, right? Why didn‘t you give it to me yourself? It‘s Hyun Joong oppa who passed it to me."

"Give it back, I never say to give it to you." I demanded.

"Patient and determined, but shy. Am I right?" She stared right into my eyes, and I became speechless. This Hyun Joong, know nothing but to meddle in other people‘s affair. I know he is doing me good, but... "I will give it back to you and leave after I say my piece."

I stared at the wall and didn‘t reply. What‘s there for her to say?

"That guy you saw the other day, he is Jeffery, my cousin from Singapore. That‘s the truth, so believe it or not. There‘s nothing between us and he kissed me goodbye because we were used to doing that since young. He told me to apologise to you on his behalf to have caused such a misunderstanding. I don't wish this misunderstanding will ruin our relationship, or maybe, even if we can't be together, we can at least be friends right? Why are you ignoring me?"

She paused and I thought she is going to continue speaking, but she took off her necklace and shoved it into my hands.

"I'll give you some time to think about it. If you accept my apology, then come and look for me and give this to me personally."

 

Outside the studio while the two is talking...

Jung Min has already proceeded up the stairs to go to join the others for dinner at the opposite street while Hyun Joong closed the studio door behind him and walked Ji Hye out.

"Why do you want to help your friend to such extent?"

"You already said, she's my friend. I want to see my friend happy. Moreover, who doesn't want a boyfriend who is nice to her and understands her?"

[to be continued]

------------------------------------------------------

if you think they have patch up, hang on.
more good stuff in the next chp :D