THIRTEEN - Never Let You Go

Courage to Love **hiatus**

Chapter THIRTEEN.
Never Let You Go.

 

19Feb2010 Friday, 11pm, SS501's dorm.
[Hyun Joong's POV]

I opened the room door and found Kyu Jong sitting alone at the table, staring at the silver dragonfly.

"Kyu Jong ah," I nudged him, "You really liked her a lot, don't you?"

He frowned, most probably because he don't like it when everyone knew clearly what he thinks. His heart and brains seemed so transparent that everyone knows what he is thinking.

"You are worried that she isn't true to you, right?" I asked again. This time, he nodded.

"I have a way to help you put her through a test, but you'd have to cooperate with me in order for it to succeed." He listened carefully as I told my plan to everyone.

"Kekeke, acting like this is my best skills." Jung Min gave an evil laughter and Hyung Jun immediately agreed too.

24 February. It would be the best birthday gift for uri Kyu Jong. But... If the situation is unexpected, it might be his worse birthday ever. *touchwood*

 

24Feb2010 Wednesday, 10am, Hospital.
[Kyu Jong's POV]

I was in a single ward, lying on the hospital bed, wearing a clean set of white hospital pyjamas, and a drip and tubes was connected to my left arm. I tucked lightly at the tubes, feeling all uncomfortable, but i must be careful not to mess them up.

"Kyu, are you ready? I'm going to call her." Hyun Joong asked as he lifted my phone in his hands.

I felt my pocket, the dragonfly is there.

I nodded, taking in a deep breath as I looked at Hyun Joong hyung pressed the call button on Eun Hae's contact.

"Eu-Eun Hae ah! I'm Hyun Joong. Ky-Kyu Jong has got into an accident, p-pali come to the Seoul XXX hospital now. We are in special ward 502. PALI!! Kyu  Jong ah, you must hang in there~"

He was acting really naturally, I guess that's the reason how he can be a successful actor.

Hyun Joong chuckled when he ended the call. He almost couldn't hold back his laughter when he is on the phone just now, "Phew, that was close."

I feel guilty because I don't like lies and betrays.

"Is it really okay to lie to her like this?"

"Yah, Kim Kyu Jong, we are doing this for you and you're saying we are the bad ones?" Jung Min got irritated, he just want to have fun.

"As long as Eun Hae comes to visit you in a rush, as long as she cry when she know you're dying, then it'd prove her love to be true."

I sighed and lied down obediently on the bed and the guys helped me put the oxygen mask on. Aish, so uncomfortable. I will never ever do this again.

 

[3rd person's POV]

Kyu Jong laid down on the bed, grasping for breath under the oxygen mask, as he closed his heavy eyelids. Because of this relationship problem, he hadn't been sleeping properly for a week - he is the last one to sleep, the first one to wake up, and in total he may have only slept for two or three hours a day.

But despite closing his eyes, he reminded himself not to fall asleep; despite being sleepy, his mind is clear.

About ten minutes later, a series of quick footsteps approached and the door to the ward is pushed open. Two figures emerged - Eun Hae and Ji Hye.

The girls looked at all the four other members, they seem to be in great despair, each with tear filled eyes like they are going to burst into tears anytime.

"How did this happened..." Eun Hae tried to asked, her voice soft and trembling as she saw Kyu Jong's pathetic state, his leg wrapped in a cast, his face plastered due to some small cuts.

"H-He said he want to find you to celebrate his birthday together. He rushed out onto the road and a car.. The doctor says he is still in dangerous situation." Hyun Joong pretended to be choked on his words and he turned away to "wipe his tears".

A tear slid down her cheek as Eun Hae knelt down beside the bed. She buried her head in his shoulders, feeling his warmth and his familiar scent.

"Yah, Kim Kyu Jong, irona. Today's your birthday, I have yet to celebrate your birthday with you before, wake up and we can go to Lotte World again. Do you remember how you put on your scarf for me and help me warm my hands in the theatre? Do you remember how you accompanied me on the rollercoaster? I want you to do it for me again. We haven't celebrate our 100th day anniversary, I still want to celebrate 1st year, 2nd year and even 20th year anniversary. Jebal! I gave the necklace back to you so that you can pass it to me personally, you have yet to do so. Did you give it to other girls already? Uh? Irona, answer me!!" Eun Hae shook him hard, but he didn't respond.

The heartbeat measuring machine continued beeping.

He continued his normal rate of breathing through the oxygen mask.

"Kyu Jong ah, I still have so much to say to you, I haven't tell you how much I love you. We are missing out a Valentines' date, you must make it up for me."

Kyu Jong suddenly opened his eyes, his hands reached and patted Eun Hae on her head, "Alright, alright, hush, don't cry."

Eun Hae was probably freaked out as she jumped up from her position and stared at Kyu Jong, wide-eyed.

"Y-you."

Kyu Jong removed his mask, pulled out the tubes, tore the plasters away. He is completely fine.

"Yah, SS501 is so free doing this?" Eun Hae hit Kyu Jong on his shoulder as she complained in between sobs, "I really thought..."

"Needless to say, it must have been your idea." Ji Hye stared at Hyun Joong.

"Mian, I just want to see if you're really true to me," Kyu Jong explained.

Eun Hae shook her head, her eyes still teary.

"Eun Hae ah," Kyu Jong held out the dancing dragonfly and put it around Eun Hae's neck, pulling Eun Hae into a tight embrace, "Saranghae."

The members cheered applauded as if they have been watching an excellent drama happening right before their eyes.

"Wooo~ hyung, chukahae!" Hyung Jun laughed.

 

Leaving the two behind to have a private talk, the members and Ji Hye exited the ward.

Young Saeng, Jung Min and Hyung Jun went first, and left Hyun Joong with Ji Hye.

"Yah, Kim Gae (Dog)." Ji Hye nudged him.

"What? Stop calling me a dog." Hyun Joong responded despite being annoyed at the nickname.

"Mian," She figured that she had to apologise if she is to ask of a favour from him, "And... gomawo for helping Eun Hae and Kyu Jong patch up."

"I am helping them not you, why are you getting so overly-concerned about it? You don't have to thank me, I just did it for the sake of my friend." He noticed a sparkle in her eyes, and that sent a chill down his spine, "Is there anything else that you wanted to say?"

There has been something Ji Hye wanted to ask him, but she didn't know how she should approach it.

"I... Hyun Joong ah, can you do me a favour?" She began, not knowing how he would react to her request, "I need you to act as my boyfriend and meet my father. Just.. put up a show in front of him."

"What?! Me? Why me?" His eyes widened in shock, and he is totally taken aback, not pretending.

"Jebal, you are the only suitable candidate that I know of! My aboji and haraboji are very picky about the guys I go out with, but on the other hand they are pressing me to get a boyfriend if not they will start introducing some unknown guys from blahblahblah company to me."

"So I suppose this is a compliment?" Hyun Joong smirked, "How are you going to thank me after I helped you with it?"

"I'll treat you to something good."

"You sure?" Hyun Joong's eyes lit up when he heard about the good food coming his way.

"Jebal~ I promise!" Ji Hye said sincerely. (Author's note: [SPOILER ALERT] I promise this is going to be super funny.)

"Okay, how do you want me to help you?"

"Come to my company and fetch me from work tomorrow, and leave the talking to me."

"Alright. Don't forget your promise."

 

25Feb2010 Thursday, 6pm, Ji Hye's company
[3rd person's POV]

Hyun Joong did as he was told, arriving a few minutes slightly later than 6pm at the location given to him. He was wearing big shades that covers like half of his face, as he walked through the big glass doors of the building and admired the interior and the designs of the building.

"Appa," Ji Hye walked over with a man, seeming in his late forties, "This is my boyfriend. His name is Hyun Joong. What do you think?"

"Annyeonghaseyo," Hyun Joong greeted him with a 90degrees bow.

"Uri Ji Hye certainly has good taste about guys. Good looks, perfect height and build, and what's more, good manners." The father smiled and nodded in approval.

Hyun Joong felt so flattered that he bowed again to thank the man for the compliment.

"Of course, who am I? I am your daughter right? Now you don't have to arrange blind dates for me anymore." Ji Hye teased, "Appa, we are going out for a date later, I will call you when I reach home."

Soon as Ji Hye finished her sentence, she quickly pulled Hyun Joong away and Hyun Joong pretended to put his hand around her shoulder as they walked off in the opposite direction of the man.

When they are out of his sight, they broke free from each other.

"Okay, I have helped you, so, as you promised..." Hyun Joong smiled and his lips.

"Neh, good food, I promised. Kaja."

 

(SCROLL DOWN)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ji Hye brought him to a familiar looking building with red brick walls. Jaksal Chicken, it reads.

"Why are you bringing me here?!" Hyun Joong thought there's something wrong with his eyes.

"To eat of course."

"What?!" Hyun Joong gave an ridiculous look, seeming to say 'you must be joking with me right'.

"What's better than eating it from your own restaurant, right?" Ji Hye smiled cunningly.

"You!" Hyun Joong felt cheated, "The boss don't have to pay when eating at his restaurant, so you're here to ask for a free meal uh?"

"Ani, rest assured, I'll pay for both our meals." Ji Hye said as both of them settled down in the seats, "So, boss, what's the signature dishes here?"

[to be continued]

-----------------------------------------

Sometimes I think Ji Hye is even more 4D than uri Hyun Joong, hahaha.