ELEVEN - Yesterday

Courage to Love **hiatus**

Chapter ELEVEN.
Yesterday.

 

9pm, Eun Hae‘s apartment
[3rd person‘s POV]

After failing to chase Kyu Jong to get him to listen to her, Eun Hae used all her remaining energy to drag herself back home and threw herself on bed. Though she have had dinner with her cousin, it seemed like all her food is digested and she is hungry again.

She don‘t really care about losing weigh or maintaing her figure, usually she will eat anything she crave for when she is hungry, of course being healthy food, but right now, she didn‘t have any mood, she may find it hard even to swallow a grain of rice.

Ransacking through  her bag, she found her phone and turned it on. She has previously switched her phone off because that's her habit to not get distracted during work.

Her phone beeped to signal an incoming message.

It was from Kyu Jong at 6.25pm.
" Wait for me at your house, I am going to give you the best surprise ever!"

Her mind go blank and she felt dizzy. Why, why did she only see the message now?

She stared at the light brown scarf hanging by the chair at her bed side. The one Kyu Jong put around her during their first date at Lotte World (chp7).

Kyu Jong is not like that, he is always gentle, warm, and he forgives easily.

She scoped up her phone, found his contact and pressed the call button. The phone call was made but there was no answer. She tried again for the second time, and this time, the phone was switched off.

"Kyu Jong, why won‘t you listen to me?" A tear dropped, then another, and another.

"Eun Hae ah, your cousin called to say something happened to you just now, are you okay? He said your boyfriend had a misunderstanding about you two." Eun Hae‘s mother entered the room.

Eun Hae wiped away her tears secretly, pretending she is okay, she argued, " Omma! I told you umpteen times you have to knock on the door before entering!"

"Eun Hae ah, gwenchana." Her mother, again, seemed like she didn‘t hear it, "You must explain it to him, I don‘t want you two to break up because of a conflict."

She wanted to explain it, but he is not giving her the chance!

Suddenly, Eun Hae‘s phone rang. She quickly grab the phone and answered it, "Kyu Jong ah."

But her expression dimmed when she realize it wasn‘t him.

"Ani, Eun Hae ah, I am Ji Hye. Did... something happen? Are you waiting for Kyu Jong's call? I thought you guys will be going out on a date since it's Valentines." Ji Hye bombed her with a few questions, she couldn't stand it, but she didn't want to argue with her friend. She didn't want to lose anyone anymore.

"Ji Hye ah," Eun Hae paused and looked at her mother, who is still standing behind her. She didn't want her to hear it and get worried over her, so she decided to meet up and talk to Ji Hye instead. "Ji Hye ah, can we meet now?"

"Yeah, umm, actually I was planning to ask you out. I am just below your apartment."

"Okay, I am coming down in awhile. See you." She ended the call, her heart feeling heavy as she walked out of her room and out of her house to meet her friend. Eun Hae's mother looked on as her daughter's backview disappeared from her sight.

"Oh! Eun Hae!" Ji Hye waved to catch her attention when she saw her friend coming towards her. But she immediately realized that something is wrong. Eun Hae's eyes were slightly swollen, she must have cried before. "Eun Hae ah, what happened?"

"We... broke up."

"What?! Wae?! How? Who initiated it?"

"Kyu Jong oppa... He saw Jeffery driving me home and Jeffery kissed me, so he thought I betrayed him. He..." Eun Hae couldn't hold back her tears and started sobbing again, "He wanted a break up because I'm already seeing someone else."

Ji Hye and Eun Hae has been contacting each other ever since they met and they talk about almost everything under the sky, therefore Ji Hye also knew Eun Hae has a cousin called Jeffery who has came to Korea recently and collaborating with Eun Hae in her current project.

"But why did Jeffery kiss you?"

"It's just a way of saying goodbye. We were like this since young." Eun Hae then told her friend the whole story about what happened at the scene, "It's my fault for not introducing Jeffery to Kyu Jong, because I was afraid that he would get the wrong idea of us, and now he really did. And it's my fault for not switching on my phone and missing out his messages and calls, because I would always off my phone during work to prevent myself from getting distracted."

"No, it's all Kim Kyu Jong's fault!" Ji Hye didn't want her friend to bear all the blame on herself, "He is too overprotective, too petty, too... Haiz, Eun Hae ah, stop crying. It‘s not your fault."

Eun Hae sobbed uncontrollably.

"Leave it to me, I will go and talk to that bastard."

No way, it‘s useless! He's not going to listen.

"You do know where SS501's dorm is right? Give me the address and I'll settle it for you."

 

15Feb2010 Monday, 3pm, SS501's dorm
[Hyun Joong's POV]

"Kim Kyu Jong!" An angry voice rang through the usually quiet hallway, "Kim Kyu Jong, you bastard! Come out now!"

I halted in my actions in annoyance and put down the magazine that I was reading, turning my head to see a mad woman stomping into the house.

Of course I recognize her, she is Eun Hae's friend, the one who accompanied her for the amusement park trip. What's her name again... Oh yeah, I think it is Song Ji Hye or something along that line.

"Nu-Nugu eyo?" Young Saeng came out from his room with Hyung Jun and obviously got a huge shock that he started to stammer, "H-how did you come into our house?"

"Is she Kyu Jong hyung's enemy? Debtor? Did he went borrowing money again?" Hyung Jun whispered, hiding behind Young Saeng.

"Kim Kyu Jong! Get out now and stop hiding!" She shouted again, this time failing to get Kyu Jong out but waking Jung Min up from his nap instead.

"Shutttttttt uppppppppppppp!" Jung Min's voice boomed.

"Oh-oh, she's in for it." Hyung Jun turned and saw a scary monster stomped into the hall from behind him.

"You!" Jung Min used his x-ray eyes, bloodshot from the anger he is holding inside him, scanning her from head to toe, "What are you doing here in OUR house, screaming and shouting and trying to prevent me from sleeping soundly? Uh?"

As he raised his voice, he threw the ear plugs and eye mask that he is holding on the floor.

As the saying goes, a hungry girl is an angry girl, similarly, a tired Jung Min is an angry Jung Min.

He hasn't been sleeping properly for the previous nights due to our dance practice and rehearsals, now when he had the chance, he will take naps to recharge himself. He even wanted to attack us when we wake him up for dinner, this goes to show how much he wants to sleep.

Ji Hye didn't seem to be afraid of him. She did not answer him but simply took a step back, scanned through the hall and noticed me sitting on the couch and back facing her all the time as if it's not my problem at all.

"Yah, Kim Hyun Joong," She started approaching me, "Get your brother out. We need to talk. And I want him to apologise to Eun Hae."

As she mentioned Eun Hae's name, the other members became slightly clearer of the current situation. But Jung Min is not Jung Min if he doesn't speak up in situations like this, "Yah yah yah, why does uri Kyu Jong hyung have to apologise to someone who betrayed him?"

Young Saeng remained silent as Hyung Jun immediately took side of Jung Min and said, "Yeah, Kyu Jong hyung is such a good man and your friend treat him like dirt. You too, you're just another busybody, go home and mind your own business!"

Luckily Kyu Jong is not home to listen to this kind of conversation, else it would have hurt him more.

"What? You say I'm a what?" She tried to take deep breaths to calm herself down, "Busybody?"

She looked like she is going to wave a punch in Hyung Jun's face and I felt that I should do something before someone gets injured or before the neighbours starts to complain about the noise again. I quickly stepped forward and grabbed onto her wrist, "Let's have a talk outside."

Not giving her any time to react to it, I make an eye signal to the boys and dragged her out of the dorm and out of the building.

 

 

"Where are you taking me to? Let go!" She pull away from my grip and glared angrily at me. I swear that was the first time someone did that to me.

 

[Ji Hye‘s POV]

"Do you know why is Kyu Jong so hurt when he saw Eun Hae betray him?" Hyun Joong asked me.

"Eun Hae did not!" I glared into his eyes, "It‘s just Kyu Jong who misunderstood them. That guy is just a cousin and a fellow colleague of hers who is discussing about their upcoming photoshoot project."

"Even if that's so, he shouldn't be so close to her. And we can't blame Kyu Jong about it either." Hyun Joong spoke up for his friend, a friend who is so close to him and stayed by his side for the past five years and more, like his blood-related brother.

"He‘s like this, all sensitive and stuff, because of his ex-girlfriend." He started. Though I wasn‘t at all interested in his private life, I listened on. "His ex-girlfriend, whom he loved very much, made use of him, betrayed him and dumped him for another guy."

I opened my mouth in shock, but no words came out.

 

[Flashback]

Her name is Son Jae Kyung, Kyu Jong's girlfriend in high school.

"Why would you wanna be with Kim Kyu Jong? That boy has nothing - no looks, no money. I am better." The senior teased as he placed his arm around Jae Kyung's shoulder.

"Of course you are way way better than him. But can't you see that I'm just making use of him?"

"Enough of it, you guys should break up and come with me, I can give you everything."

Hiding behind the back of the wall, he heard Jae Kyung's answer. But he thought maybe he heard it wrong. He wiped out his phone and dialled her number, Jae Kyung's phone rang and he looked on. He prayed that she would pick it up, at least if she were to lie to him, it would have made him feel better.

"Who is that?" The senior asked.

"That dumb fellow." She showed him the caller ID, and she cut the call off.

He heard that and sank to the floor, helpless and upset, his heart hurt as if it really shattered into a million pieces. Why, why is he so useless?

He don't know how much time has passed before he realized he has been dragging himself on the way back. Not back to home, but to the group's recording and practice studio. He doubt he has the mood to even sing or dance.

He has NOTHING, no looks, no money, only dreams. Dreams? Dreams are for idiots. He laughed. What can dreams do for you when you have nothing?

This is the first time ever in life he has been doubting himself.

He collapsed at the stairs connecting to the studio, and he started sobbing. He sat there for a long time, until his tears went dry, and until the members came out to find him.

"Kyu Jong hyung! What happened?" The studio door was opened and someone stopped in front of him, "We came to look for you cos we thought something happened and you were late for practice."

He didn't look up, but he knew it was Jung Min and Hyung Jun.

The two squatted down beside him to check on him.

"They are right, you have nothing, but you have your dreams to live on!" Jung Min reminded.

"Kyu Jong hyung, you have to be strong." the maknae patted him on his back as a comfort.

Kyu Jong remembered the motivation that he was living on all along, he should never give up on his dreams cos that's the only thing that really belongs to him.

If even he is doubting himself, then no one will believe in him.

"I'm going to make her regret leaving me." Kyu Jong said, determined, as he wiped his tears away.

[End of Flashback]

 

So that's his story.

"Kyu Jong has been busying himself with work so that he has no time to think of the past or to fall in love cos it might hurt him again. He didn't expect himself to be with Eun Hae, and this incident probably caused him to think that Eun Hae is just like Jae Kyung, cheating him of everything." Hyun Joong explained.

"But it's really not like that! He should hear Eun Hae out." I sighed.

"I know. I guess we should let them talk it out. I don't wish to see this either."

[to be continued]

 

---------------------------------------------

Personally, I like the scene in the dorm, haha.
This chapter is titled 'Yesterday' because it's talking about Kyu Jong's past,
And that song is sang by him and the meaning is almost similar :"D
Hope you guys liked this chapter,
Wrote it double the length of my usual chapters cos I won't be updating tomorrow due to my busy work schedule.
Look forward to the next chapter ^^