Clearing Things Up

A Favor

"Hey mom, I'll just be going to the cafe, ok?" Jea said in a monotone. "Oh, okay then." her mom replied. With that, Jea left the house. 

While she was walking, she saw a familiar figure by the street. He had red hair and a flawless face. Yes, no other than Lee Sungjong. Jea stopped walking and just stared at him. He was thinner than before, is he still not over the break up? It has been 8 weeks already. He has no right to do that since he was the one who broke up with Jea. 

She then continued walking while looking down. Then she suddenly bumped into someone. She looked up and saw him, Lee Sungjong. She just stared at him and he just stared at her, not knowing what to say. When Jea was about to walk again, Sungjong grabbed her wrist and said, "H-Hey, can we talk?" Jea didn't respond. She didn't know what to say. "It's okay if you don't want to-" he was cut by Jea's answer, "Do I know you?" she said. Sungjong replied, "a-are you crazy? of course you know me! I'm Lee Sungjong, your boyfriend!" Jea acted as if she was confused and said, "What? I've never had a boyfriend named Lee Sungjong! I'm sorry, I really don't know who you are" then she left.

Jea REALLY changed a lot. She forgot all about the past and moved on.

She went in the cafe and ordered a caramel macchiato and sat down near the window. To be honest, she really doesn't miss Sungjong. She moved on. She forgot about him. She threw all his photos, she threw away the flower crowns he gave her, she threw everything away that her room became half empty. Just like her without Sungjong, empty, and she really didn't care. 

After a few hours, Jea went home. She immediately went inside her room and locked the door. As usual, she would browse her SNS and release her anger by tweeting stuff people wouldn't care reading. 

While she was reading a book, Jea recieved a text from an unknown number. She opened the text mesage and it said, 

"Hey, It's me, Sungjong. Can we talk, please? I'll be calling you"

Jea rolled her eyes and sighed loudly. After a few minutes, Sungjong called. Jea picked it up and didn't talk.

"Jea, I know you don't want to talk to me, but please listen. I know it was my mistake for breaking up with you. I'm a total jerk, but remember that I love you, Jea. I know that you really hate me right now and I understand. I just want to clear things up. I'm going to Busan tomorrow and I might not come back. I'm sure you'll be happy since you won't get to see my stupid face again. And please do me a favor, find another man that will love you forever. The one that'll make you happy always. Sigh, I'm really sorry, Jea and I love you." Sungjong cried and hung up. 

Jea hung up and SMILED. After 8 weeks, she finally smiled. She was happy that Sungjong knew what she was thinking. She was happy that he understood.