Final

7 Days left [One-shot Challenge:- Asianfanficiton]

7 days left

I’m Park Cholee, and I’m suffering from brain cancer. My brain is slowly shrinking and forgetting all the memories I’ve once treasured. In just about 7 days, estimated..my brain will shrink to the point I can no longer be living on earth. My family has given up on me, and left me here in Korea so that they would no longer have to worry about the pain. To them, their daughter, sister, and niece is dead. Park Cholee is dead. She was slowly starting to think of that as well. She lay onto the hospital bed not moving an inch, not that she wanted to not move, she just couldn’t.

“EOMMA!” a boy her age shout running in towards her room. The room was silent as she gazed at the boy. “Uh…I’m sorry mam, must be the wrong room” he bowed frowning. Cholee wanted to laugh, but all that came out was a short breath and dimples revealance.

“Hey, your smiling, at least I think you are” he awkwardly pointed out.

“Hello! I’m Shim Changmin, soon to be pop star sensation all over Asia!” he grinned bowing 3 times. “I think your ignoring me” he pouted. She managed to move her finger in reply. She liked the boy, her life seemed to have a meaning, he treated her like an alive person. “Mam, why do you have so many tubes around you? Are you very sick?” he came closer examining her.

“Hey, you’re very pretty” he smiled. “I like this, you don’t tell me I talk too much, nor try to shut me up. I might just always visit you. My mother, I think in the other room, just gave birth; and she always nags at me to shut up.” He revealed holding her hand. If Cholee could, she would smack his head and tell him to stop talking so much. But she really liked this boy; she has never seen such a happy person around her. Even the doctors were always depressed around her. It changed the atmosphere for once.

The nurse walked in and was shocked. “May I ask who you are? For heavens sake I’m sure all her family members have left her in thought of her already gone from this world” the British nurse recited. “Huh? Gone from this world? Mam here is perfectly fine, she was just smiling with me moments ago” Changmin grinned. “Sir, she is going to die in about 7 days” The nurse casually announced.

A slight tear fell down from her cheek, which Changmin noticed. “No she wont. She’s strong, all you doctors are liars, fake phony liars!” he held onto Cholee’s hands tighter. The nurse rolled her eyes and walked towards Cho lee. “Cho lee ssi, please have this porridge” The nurse smiled and offered to feed her. Changmin watched them awkwardly being in the way.

“You mind if I feed her?” he quietly questioned not expecting an answer. “Oh would you? I really have to work on other things, it would be a big help!” the nurse smiled. “Huh? Oh um..okay sure” he took the bowl and the nurse patted his head. Cholee was glad the nurse was gone. That same nurse would always tell her to just give up onto life and die.

“Here it comes, pretty lady” Changmin held the spoon and brought it towards her lips. “Cho lee ssi, you have a very unique name” he smiled wiping her lips with a tissue. Once he finished feeding her he clapped his hands together and watched her. She moved her eyes and looked at him.

He smiled and waved. “My name is Changmin, Cholee. Can you say it? I will be so happy” he grinned. Cholee gently struggled to shake her head as her lips shivered. “Nonsense! You can say it; you’re just not pushing yourself. You have to stop believing those liars, Cho lee. Your going  to be healthy and beautiful, don’t you worry about a thing” Changmin cheered. She weakly smiled and breathed out.

“Ccchhhmeen” she quivered.  Changmin grinned “you can say it, keep trying”

“Chhaanmin” she tried again getting better. “Good enough. Every day practice and you’ll improve. See you already improved in one day. Do not believe those liars no matter any circumstances, now if you excuse me…I have to go see my mother. I’ll visit you again Cho lee ssi, and you better say my name right” Changmin grinned.

Cholee wanted to scream for him to stay. She liked him. A lot. More than anything she’s ever treasured, because of her weakness, she watched him leave the door with a light wave.

6 Days left

Cho lee kept her eyes on the door, waiting for him to visit. Every time her door would open her heart would beat quicker, but it was never him. Her  heart saddened, as she hoped he would visit her again.

5 Days left

She was slurping the porridge being given to her, before the door whipped open revealing a grinning boy. “Hi Cho lee!” Changmin grinned. “Hhhhhh chhhaanmin” she smiled so widely inside. Her dimples showed as she tried to smile. “Aigoo so cute, and getting so much better” he smiled brightly taking the porridge from the nurse and fed her. The nurse left the room and called the doctor she pointed towards Changmin who was making silly faces in result of Cho lee giggling.

“He’s taking the role, in what the family should of done. I’m happy for Cho lee, but her date is already settled.” He sighed.

“Cchhhaaangmeen” she shivered when she pronounced it correctly. Changmin was watching TV, when he opened his eyes wide. “You just said my name perfectly” he gawked. She was still shaking but managed to smile, actual smile this time.

“Yyyyoouu mmaakeee meee hhhaappey” she smiled. Changmin was still shocked but chuckled. “You make me happy too, I love being with you Cho lee”

“SSSSSTTAAY”

“You want me to stay? Hmm…since you got so much better, I will accept your offer and stay for the night.” Cho lee’s heart jumped for joy as she giggled. They stayed awake the whole night playing games, well Changmin played games while she laughed and watched him.

4 days left

Cho lee woke up, with a feeling on her shoulder. She looked up to see Changmin’s cute little face on her shoulder sound asleep. Smiling she tilted her head slowly and placed her lips on his forehead. His eyes opened and he grinned at Cho lee. “I love how you adore me” he smirked.

Cho lee scoffed and gently turned her face. “Awwwwh, come on we’re trying something” Changmin walked towards her and lifted her off the bed. Her eyes opened wide in shock. He walked towards the centre of the room and put her down. “Now walk” he smiled before letting go. Cho lee immediately fell. “Yikes, come on I’ll help you” Changmin picked her up and held her hands.

“Now right leg, and left leg, that’s it” Changmin laughed and and danced with her.

The doctor watched them and laughed shaking his head.

3 Days left

“So it’s supposedly your third day, let’s see you walk” he stepped back and let her walk. She limped slowly walking, towards then end she fell onto Changmin. “You did it” he grinned kissing her cheek, which made her cheeks change its color. “Oh, you expected more? Maybe…” Changmin brought his lips closer to hers, and quickly pecked her lips, before pulling back and grinning.

Her eyes opened wide as she slowly raised her arms to her lips. “First kiss stolen by me?” he slowly started. Cho lee nodded and looked out the window. “Great” he chuckled before holding her chin and leaning in to kiss her fully. It lasted about a minute before they both pulled away gasping for breath. “I love you, Cho lee”

 

2 Days left

“Eomma, I want you to meet Cho lee” Changmin pointed at the sleeping Cho lee. “What a beauty, why is there so many tubes around her, dear?” she casually questioned. “This is her second last day to live, tomorrow is her last day supposedly, but Cho lee’s strong, and she won’t leave me. Right ma?” Changmin’s mother just nodded and patted his head.

1 Day left

Cho lee waited for Changmin to visit her. He eventually came at noon with food in his hands. “Brought some home made food, from my mom” he smiled. “Tthanks Chhangmin” she perfectly pronounced. Her pronunciation and walking had been improving ever since Changmin pushed her to work on it. “Mhm, I have some where to take you” Changmin announced quickly kissing her lips. In less than a second she found herself in Wonderland. An outdoor amusement park, she rode little rides and played games. All with Changmin’s help of course,  she never has ever laughed this much, through out her entire life. This was indeed the best day of Cho lee’s life. In fact her last day.

The big day

“Your fine, see?” Changmin grinned and held her hands. He was so happy, yet somewhere beneath the pit of his stomach he felt fear. Fear that he will lose her today. His mom called him so he left the room to  take on his cellphone while getting coffee to ease his mind. While returning, he saw nurses and doctors rushing into Cho lee’s room. “She’s not going to die” he groaned rolling his eyes. Walking to her room he saw Cho lee shaking, her body looked like it was being possessed or something. Through out the whole process she screamed “CHANGMIN, CHANGMIN” He bent low and held his ears closed, tears flowing down his cheek. Changmin sat on the floor watching the doctors do their job. “Guys we can’t do anything more, she’s gone” the doctor announced pointing at the straight line on the life line machine.

Changmin’s voice caught onto his throat, he rushed towards her and patted her shoulders. “NO CHO LEE, WAKE UP! WAKE UP CHO LEE, YOUR NOT GONE! YOU CAN’T BE!” the doctors helped bring Changmin out of the room. One of the doctors watched her, he frowned and examined her. “Dr.Miura, she’s gone…we have other work to do.” The main doctor announced.

He took one glance and saw wiggly lines forming on the machine. He stopped dead in his tracks and watched her slowly come back to life. “This must be a miracle” he gasped. The doctors stopped pulling Changmin, as he ran towards her. “Baby, come back …that’s it. I knew you wouldn’t leave me” he smiled as she slowly opened her eyes.

“Cho lee” Changmin began. He was cut off by her question.

“Who are you?” Changmin watched her in shock, unable to answer the question.