Chapter 4 : Explanation

The Painful Fate

 

If you leave someone
at least tell them why,
because what's more
painful than being abandoned;
it is knowing you're not worth an
explanation.

 

   

 

                                                                       

 

The next day at Seoul Art University ,

Kai and Baekhyun already arrived at the class . Kai still spacing out early in the morning . Baekhyun surprise by put a warm tin of coffee to Kai's cheek . Kai surprised and give a smile to Baekhyun . He gives him the drink .

"Whats wrong this time?" asked Baekhyun while sitting beside Kai.

" Nothing." faked his smile .

"I'm Baekhyun , Kai . I already knew you for long time , what exactly happened?" 

Kai knew he really defeat to Baekhyun . He can't lie him . "I show that girl , Hyu Mi's photo ."

"Then , how her respond?" Baekhyun curious. 

"She shocked and cannot say anything." Kai sigh .

" I see , seem she really have connection with Hyu Mi." said Baekhyun.

" I also don't know , Baekhyun." Kai burried his face on desk . Baekhyun pat his shoulder .

Suddenly , Kai and Baekhyun were surprised by someone . It was Suzy . Baekhyun shocked . Suzy stand infront of them . The student is the class who just arrived looking at them . 

" Tell me, who is Hyu Mi is ." said Suzy coldly and desperately .

Kai put his head up and surprised by Suzy presence .  

KAI POV

I felt lost of hope for a while . It seem I don't have any energy .So , I burried my head and wanted to dissapear from this noisy world. But , suddenly , there a voice .
 

" Tell me , who is Hyu Mi is ."

As I looked up , I saw that girl . The girl that make me like this . I was surprised by her words and one big thing is her expression . Seem desperate and her face like not sleeping well last night . I bet it also tough for her .

" I will tell you , but not here ." I said . 

I got up and held her hand . I drag  her into someplace . I left class and Baekhyun alone . I noticed , student look at us with weird look . Fortunately , it still early . The professor still not around . The students not too many . 

End POV 

 Kai and Suzy left the University . They walk to nearest cafe . Kai still holding her hands. Suzy surprise earlier when Kai held her hand until now .  You can say that they skipping class ,right now . 

While they gone , the student start speculating about Kai and Suzy .

" Isn't that ice princess  dump Kai?" said one girl .

" By looking that , is Kai and that ice princess dating?" yelled that girl .

" No !!!!! ."

The fan girl screamed  ! Baekhyun who hear those conversation just sigh . 

Baekhyun POV

Kim Jong In , I don't know how to stop you anymore . I bet , manager hyung will get mad at you once again . Then , what's more excuse I have to said . 

END POV

                                                                            

 

At Mango caffe , 

" So , you want to talk or not ?." Suzy asked coldly . She break the silence . Kai still stare at her .

" First , ask me nicely ." Kai said . Suzy give him a glare . "You brought me here because you want to talk or deliberately want me to scold you ." explained Suzy with her straight look .

"I won't say anything , if you did not respect or asking me nicely." Kai try to teach her how to be manner . 

"I will leave than . I'm a fool for giving hope for useless man like you ." said Suzy harshly and got up . " Yes , you can leave as you wish , but you will not getting anything." Kai said coldly this time . Suzy smirk and she look at Kai . " Did  you just threaten me?"  . " I never threaten you , I'm just giving you a chance ." said Kai while looking at Suzy calmly . Suzy think for a while and she sit . She has to let down her ego for someone like Kai . It is her first experiece dealing people like Kai.

Suzy POV

If not about my real identity , I already beat him to death . I sit at the chair once again with letting my pride down. 

" So , ask me nicely once again." said Kai calmly .

I sigh and take a deep breathe . " Please .. tell me a story about who is Hyu Mi is , sir ." slowly said that .

"Sorry , I can't  hear you ."  . I give him a glare but he still has that witch smile and fake camly face . " Please ,sir . can you tell me a story about who is Hyu Mi is ?" I said calmy and clearly .  Suddenly , he laugh . He really make a fun of me. I really want to beat him . 

Kai POV

I laugh as she said that clearly . I know it's not the time to laugh at her . But I can't help myself but laugh at her . The pride that she trying to hold . The ego and arrogant that she tried to let down.  Suddenly , she got up and wanted to leave . I hold her hand . At that time , I stop laughing .

"I'm sorry . I'm sorry ." I said while wiping my tears because too much laughing . "I'm sorry , it's my bad." Then ,  notice, she sit at her chair once again . " So , will you told the story or not ?" she said. I can see her blush and embrass . I found that she has the cute side eventhough , she seem cold . Right now , I'm being serious. 

"Her name is Bae Hyu Mi , lives in Apgujeong , 21 years old ." she seem shocked .

"21 years old ?" she mumbling by  herself .

" She school in ...."

" I don't want to hear where she school or whatelse., I just need to know about her parents , how is she right now, how did you know her , just important detail ." she cut my word. I saw that she seem desperate to know . So , I do as she wish . 

" She lives the same neighbourhood with me , we go same school , and more importantly ,she is my late girlfriend." I stop for a while .

" What do you mean by late ." she asked me with her wide eyes.

I take a deep breathe  . "She already died , 4 years ago because of  accident." She surprised and her expression is not good . She take the glass of plain water infront of her . Her hand is shaking . The glass was about to fall , but fortunately I saved it . 

"Are you okay?" asked me . "Just continue your story ." she said with her both hand  grip tightly on her dress . 

" But your face seem ..."

" I said just CONTINUE !." she yelled at me . Everybody look at our direction. I said sorry to them for bothering . I hold her shaking and drag her out  to Han River . It's not far from University . I brought her far from people eyes . Yes , she struggle with me when I brought here . I know she seem pushing herself to know the truth eventhough her mind cannot hold it anymore . 

END POV 

 

" What's wrong with you .Let me go . Let me go !!." she struggle . 

As arrive , Kai loose her hand and suddenly "Pap!." Suzy  slap him . Suzy seem taken back with her action . She surprised that she hit him . While Kai , brushed his red cheeck and look at Suzy . .

"I....I ...." Suzy stutter . Kai hold her both hand , while Suzy struggle once again . " What are you , doing ." cried her. "PLEASE DON'T PUSH YOURSELF !!!." Kai yelled  at her . Suzy seem surprised .

" I know you want to know the truth , but don't push it ." said Kai softly . Suzy still froze hearing Kai words .  

" It's all for today , I don't think I can tell you about Hyu Mi more , you seem done for today ! ."  Kai released his grip from Suzy's hand . Kai walk away and look dissapoint . "Wait !." He suddenly stopped his step by hearing that voice . Kai turn back . " Atleast tell me , where is Bae Hyu Mi's parents were ." Suzy said with serious face . 

                                                             

 

Kai brought Suzy to Hyu Mi's hometown or more likely his hometown . He and Suzy go there with her car , while Kai lead the way . On the way to the destination , Kai call Baekhyun . " Kai-ah , where the heck are you ?." said Baekhyun worriedly . " Oh , Baekhyun , I have bussiness that I need to deal with my parents , tell manager Hyung to take me at my parent's house at 6 o'clock ."

"Yah ! , atleast tell me earlier , but you go there by what ?" asked Baekhyun weirdly .

    " With friends , don't worry ." he said while took glance at Suzy who still driving . " Okay ." Kai hung up the phone and looking at Suzy who seem keep pushing herself to know the truth . 

Kai POV

I can see , Suzy faced seem desperate. I also noticed that behind that desperate look , is also sad look or anxious . The way she grip the steering tightly . My heart infusion that something happened that I never knew about Ahjumma (Hyu Mi's mom) and this cold child . 

End POV

45 minutes later , they arrived at his hometown . But today , he direct Suzy to his mom's restaurant . Where her biological mother work . Unfortunately , they just look from far distance . Suzy doesn't want to go in . 

"You see that , a lady wearing red apron who serving the food to customer." he pointed his forefinger towards Hyu Mi's mother . Mrs.Bae working hardly serving the customer the food . She seem in hurried , because there so many customers .  " That is Hyu Mi's mother , working at my mother restaurant diligently." Suzy just watching her every movement with pity look all over her face . 

Suzy POV

"That is Hyu Mi's mother, working at my mother's restaurant diligently." said that weirdo . I cannot help but to see her every moment . What this feeling ? Why I feel sad looking at her ?! But  my hatred towards my parents becoming more and more bigger .My entire body shattering . My eyes cannot hold it anymore , there was about a tears forming . Before that happened , I looking away . 

END POV 

Kai POV

I can see entire her body shaking and her eyes was about to forming a tears . I can see the sadness in her eyes . There is no more cold eyes , like I saw for the first time we encountered . It dissapear nowhere . I sometime at that moment , felt that she is lonely and unloved . Like she hiding her true self behind that cold attitude .

" That's all for today , nothing interesting ." she said while turning  her back from the view.  
Here she go again , the cold and arrogant child . She go to her car straightly and left me there coldly . What exactly with that girl? Is she having bipolar or what ? She confirm not Hyu Mi . Wait .. What I just look a moment ago . That sad look of her .. Is she really Hyu Mi's twin? But I do not ask her name . So , that's mean Ahjumma is that girl's mother and ...... Hyu Mi twins.

 “ What exactly happened.....? ." I mumbling.

End POV 

 

                                                                            

 

While Suzy drive her car so fast . She felt angry and her hatred towards her parents increase . Not long enough , Suzy stop her car beside Han River. In car , Suzy hit the car steering hardly many time. She scream angrily . 

“Why ? Why? Why exactly they live that way !!." she said angrily.

   “ I hate them . I hate they live like that , I HATE THEM , I'll never forgive them , NEVER." 

After said that ,Suzy  rest her head on steering and silent for awhile . Suddenly , a tears falls .

“She supposed live happily after what happened , but why .. Why.. She live that... Why.. Why..." her tears keep falling. 

 

                                          TO BE CONTINUED .. 

 

PREVIEW/ SPOILER FOR UPCOMING CHAPTER

“How you found me?"

“ WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU!"

“ They still your parents , no matter what."

“You wrong !" “They're not my parents!" 

“Kai-ah , stop , she is not HYU MI!"

“ I want to help her , and found the truth."

 

 

P/S,: Hey , guys . It takes me so long for update , I'm sorry. Tons of work I need to do. But finally I have a break . Keep support this story by comment and suscribe . I LOVE YOU GUYS. 

 

LOVE,

Eishami .V