chapter 2

The Girl On The Rope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

They Say, Eyes Reflect The Soul

 


The sun shone through my window and the sound of chirping birds made me finally come to my sense. I yawned and rubbed my eyes still needing to adjust to the light.

"Already awake?" I heard a soft voice. 
"Jini?" My eyes wandered to look at her beautiful face. Every maid in this house got a nickname and this was Jini.

"I've prepared your bath." She smiled at me and pulled the covers away, revealing my body.
"But I am tired." I whined and she chuckled. "Sorry but you need to get up. The other princes are about to reach the village." Jini said and I sighed. I got up and walked to the end of my room. There was another small room with a big bathtub made out of wood. Something that's luxury but I never did anything to receive such thing. I pulled off my clothes and stepped in the warm water. It took probably a lot of time and effort for Jini to get all this warm water. 

I let out a long sigh and closed my eyes as my body relaxed at the warmness. Thanks to Jini I can face the day a bit happier than before. Remember, I have to take Arina with me to the haunting games. What a bother! I frowned feeling annoyed as the image of her face flashed in my mind. I met a lot of princesses but she's by far the worst.

 

I didn't take long bathing since I am not the kind of guy who can stand this much warmness. As expected the table that was about 5 meters long was already full with food. Not even an army could eat this amount of food. I shook my head and sat down on one of the chairs in front of my brother and close to my father. The king sits at the he head of the table, that was the rule. 

"Good morning." I greeted my father and nodded towards Taemin.
"Did you sleep well?" My father chuckled and I nodded. 
"That's good because I want you to win this game today." The kings deep voice eoched through the big dinning room that was almost empty. Me, my father and the king were the only ones present. 
"I'll do my best." I smiled and father tapped my shoulder. 
"You have to make a good impression. Women love successful men." My father smirked and I cleared my throat. You mean women like men with fat wallets, I thought and just then the door of the room opened revealing my mother and the witch. 

"Good morning, my men." My mother's high voice made everyone face her and Taemin rolled his eyes. 
"Omo, Arina come and take a seat next to your future." My mother's hand was directed at the seat beside me.
"It's my pleasure, your highness." Arina smiled and my mother did some motions with her head telling me to stand up and pull out the chair for the witch. Taemin chuckled and looked down at his plate as he remembered how he had been the one going through all this . Lucky bastard.

My father looked at me in a rather commanding way, leaving me without any other choice. I stood up and pulled out the chair for Arina with a hint of roughness. 

"Thank you." She smiled and sat down.
"You're not welcome." I said low enough only for her to hear. 


We all started eating and my mother would start a conversation all 5 minutes, mostly about royalties and some kingdoms. So boring and distanced. I felt so distanced from my family. I felt like I am sitting at the wrong place. Everything they did or talked was something I would never have in mind. 
No one in this castle would ever listen to me. Not even once. 

That's one of the reason why I eat in a fast manner because this way I can escape such moments. I bowed at my family members before I walked out of the dinning room and to the kitchen. The kitchen was the main point of the mansion that was connected up to 4 different directions. The backyard, henhouse, garden and the rooms where the maids stayed. 

Once a week I'll go and check on them. 

 


"Watch out! The Prince Charming is on his way." I joked as I ducked and went through the small door. I heard some squealing and pulling their sliding doors close.
 
"Yah, unnie you better put something on. Kai's coming in." 
"I am hungry."
"What really? Oh my god."
"There was this hot guy, I met.
"Tiyeon where's my corset. I can't find it."
"Shut up. Kai's standing right behind you."
"What?"
"Kyaaa!!!! Get out you ert."
"I have nearly nothing on."
"erted prince!"

I couldn't prevent myself from grinning like an idiot as the pillow Tiyeon threw hit my face. It always happened this way. I laughed hard as I walked further into their little dorm while being greeted by the ladies. 

My smile dropped soon as I felt a sudden pain in my ear.
"Jongin how many times did I tell you to first knock and then walk in, huh?"
"Ouch, ouch, ouch. I am sorry Nanna. I won't do that again I promise." I cried and she sighed.
"Aunty, it's okay. He said he won't do that again."

"Please don't hurt our Kai."
"He's such a good boy."
"Kai said he won't do that again, aunty."
"No, please let him go." 
"Next time he will knock on the door."
"Aunty, I think it's okay now." 

I sighed dreamily as all girls convinced Nanna to let me go. Such angels. 

"Thank you." I smiled but then I noticed someone sitting alone in the corner. It was the new maid. Probably she still needs some time to settle in. 
"So, what brought you here?" Ahri asked and I shrugged. 
"I wanted to check on you." I said and the girls let out 'aaawww' sounds, making my heart melt. 
"Do you need anything? Do yo need food? Blankets? Clothes? Is anything broken?" I asked and Tiyeon immediately pointed at Jini.

"Jini accidentally damaged the window in our room." Tiyeon reported earning a smack from Jini.
"Again Jini?" I asked in disbelief and Jini looked down. 
"I didn't mean to break it." She pouted and Ahri laughed. 
"Well, nearly everything you touch breaks. You've got the strength of a man." Mira commented and everyone started laughing so that Jini walked pissed away.

"Wait, Jini." I called for her and she looked at me.
"There are some men who get crazy over  powerful women. I am one of those, just saying." I winked at her and she blushed while cupping her cheeks. 

The girls aaaaahhhed at me and smirked. 

"You know, I am powerful too. Last time I destroyed the table." The smallest and thinnest one, Mira talked causing everybody to laugh our head off. Even Nanna.
"Are yo sure it was a real table?" I asked and she nodded confident. 
"Sure it was." She pouted and I ruffled her hair. 
"Really? So you say you're dangerous?" I asked and she nodded proudly. 
"That's sad because I like soft girls." I said and she pouted again. 
"I-I didn't destroy the table. It's was... it was... hmm, Shuzuki." She pointed at the brown haired girl and they started arguing.

In the meanwhile Jini showed me the broken window and it looked serious. 
"I will tell Minseok to fix that before it gets dark. I don't want my girls to freeze." I smiled and she chuckled. 
"Thank you but I think you need to leave now because king Lu Han is about to arrive soon." Jini said and I nodded. 

I waved at my friends and walked out of their little dorm back to the kitchen. 

"Oh, Minseok." I saw the little yet strong craftsman getting something to eat.
"Your highness, is there something you need?" He bowed at me and I walked to him.
"No need being this formal. You can talk to me casually." I said and grabbed his shoulder making him stand up right. 
"Anyway the girls have a broken window. I want you please to repair it before the night comes." I said and he nodded. 
"As you wish, your highness." He lowered his eyes. This man, chinja! When will he understand that I hate being treaded like this. 
"Aiishhh, Minseok it's okay." I hissed and I swear I saw him smirking. 

I worshipped this man because he was such a talented genius. If you ask me, I say he would make the best king ever. Unlike, Lu Han who still was struggling a bit with all the obligations he got. 

Lu Han is 21 and he's the youngest king of Assentior. His parents died that's why h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter