chapter 1

The Girl On The Rope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Made Out Of The Same Blood

 

 

 

I looked blankly at the plate of food in front of me. My head was resting on one hand while my other hand was holding a spoon and moving the food from one side to the other side. I was trying to kill some time and it did work. I smiled secretly as the thought of today's evening popped up in my mind causing my heart beat a bit faster. I was so looking forward to it. I grinned and sighed dreamily as I remembered her. The girl I am carving for. However my smile dropped and got replaced by a frown at the sound of disgusting laughter that was coming from the in front of me. Gosh, why is she actually here? I hate her so much. Everything was so fake about her. Her talk, her looks, her behavior, her s probably too, just everything. 

I couldn't stand it anymore and wanted to leave as soon as possible as the sound of fake laughter didn't stop. My mother was talking to my fiancée with sparkling eyes and I felt like I was about to vomit.

"Omo, Jongin why aren't you eating?" My mother looked worried at me and caused probably the other's to look too. Slowly I lifted my eyes just to face my wannabe fiancée. Her eyes were gazing sharply at me while one corner of her lips lifted so that she was smirking. She smirked at me as if she was telling me something. 

"I lost my appetite." I growled and stood up.
"Now, if you'll excuse me..." I bowed to my father and to our guests before I made my way towards the exit. I rushed out of the room not wanting to get stopped by my father since I was powerless next to the big king. I am only the prince and I hated it. I walked through the big and long corridors until I pushed 2 big doors open to my room.

As I went in, I noticed that there was a maid on my bed. Yes, she was getting a fresh bedsheet, however she wasn't allowed to sit, stand or lay on my bed. The maid saw me and her eyes widened while she gasped in shock.

"I am so s-sorry. I-I didn't mean t-to.... to--" She stuttered in fear and immediately climbed off the bed causing me to chuckle. I walked closer to her while her eyes where glued to the ground. I was aware of the fact that she's a new maid because every maid in this house knew that I allowed them to look into my eyes. It was a shame if a maid looked into the royals eyes but for me it was bull. 

"Hey, you can look at me." I said and grabbed her chin making her face me. I was taken aback at her very very young looking face.
"Good Lord! How old are you?" I asked and she still avoided to look at me. 
"You know, in this house you don't need to fear me. If you want, you can sleep on my bed but do it when my mother is not around. I prefer it when people look into my eyes, especially when they got such beautiful ones. Understood?" I smirked and the girl slowly nodded and I let her go before I walked towards my closet. 

I opened the doors of my closet and placed my hands on my hips, thinking of what to wear.

"Don't leave. You're still not finished." I warned as I saw her little frame tgat was about to exit my room, through the reflection of the mirror. 
"I am not drunk or anything. I am being serious with my words." I chuckled. 
Her behavior was just like all those other maids. At first they think I am drunk because I'm doing stuff that's against the royalism but in end they realize that I am just some nice guy. Well, if you're the prince you should be treating your maids like piece of . 

"Let's say I am a one of a kind prince." I winked at her as she was fixing my bedsheets. 
"You know I am hopeless in love." I sighed as I ed my blouse. 
"Damn it, I always have her in my mind." I pouted and watched the poor maid as she tiptoed to the exit again. I rolled my eyes and removed my blouse before I turned around facing her who was holding the doorknob.
"I told you not to leave." I said and her eyes immediately eyed the ground. 
"And I told yo to look into my eyes." I walked closer to her and she whimpered causing me to stop. I noticed how her cheeks turned red and just then I realized that she probably had never seen a guy shirtless before. I chuckled and ruffled her hair. 

"You're cute." I said and smirked amused. She's the youngest maid and the most innocent one because all the other maids were used to my changing in front of them.
"You can go if you feel uncomfortable." I said not wanting to stain her eyes and she nodded instantly accepting my offer. 


She's indeed cute, I thought to myself as she left. I changed into casual black trousers and a shirt before I grabbed my black cloak and just then I noticed how late it already was. I need to hurry if I want to see her, I started rushing down the hall to the main kitchen which was located to the backyard. I sneaked out trough the postern gate. 

I walked to the stud where my horse was already waiting. I climbed on and didn't hesitate to ride away. It was dark, only the light of small sheds made the path somehow visible but I didn't bother. I was even glad because this way no one could recognize me as the fair and square prince Kim Jongin. The people here prefer me than my father but still I am not happy being a prince. Prince is another word of detainee, if you ask me. 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

It  took me long to arrive at the place I've been searching for but she's worth it. I got off my horse and tied it to the post before I pulled over my hood and made sure that my face was not visible as I walked to the big top. 

I placed the coins on the cash desk and walked in without bothering about the change. As expected there were a lot of people when I made my way through the mass and ended up on a seat somewhere at the corner. 


"Ladies and gentlemen, a big round of applause for our beautiful masked lady." One host spoke and I couldn't prevent myself from smiling from ear to ear as my heart wouldn't stop beating like crazy. 

Everyone clapped cheerfully before she swung into the center of the circus tent with the rope hanging lovely around her elegantly curved body, she always did this. Her appearance caused everyone to smile and it became silent as all eyes seemed to be glued on her delicate body that was being carried by the two ropes. 

Someone in the background started playing harp as she began to move prettily on the rope. My eyes sparkled at the sight of her. Everything's so beautiful about her. I sighed in frustration while I watched the girl that made me lovesick. She was close to me yet so far. 

I want her. 

I want her so bad.

My teeth gritted and I fought against the urge to just jump up and take her with me. It always has been this way. Me watching desperately while she moved passionately in front of my eyes, as if she was teasing me. Testing my patience which is about to fade. Her golden mask was covering the upper half of her face but her half smile was still visible and making sure to get me crazy. There were a lot of girls doing this kind of dance but she always managed to overshadow them with her own charm. Her mysterious occurrence made her more and more likeable and known as the girl behind the mask or as the the girl on the rope, I used to say but one day.... one day I'll find out her real name and claim her as mine.

As the prince it would be easy as anything to make her mine but that would be also the worst way, filled with hate. Woman hated it being treated like men's property and I won't let her kneel in front of me because I'll be the one kneeling in front of her. She's making me weak and not the other way around. A woman is the most important thing in a man's life but would they ever admit that? No. Definitely not.

How I wish the time would stop so I can admire her longer because I knew she was about to end her show. I felt so suffocated as she slowly swung out of the center before she completely left my sight. 

Everyone was clapping amused and glad that they had the chance to get greatly entertained. There were also some who were whistling and giving erted looks making my fist clench, ready to give them some taste of it. I was sad that it ended but I was happy that I got to see her even when it was only for a few minutes. However my heart was carving for more and I couldn't stand it any longer. I didn't want to go home and wait another week or even month to see her. I hate this thought!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter