The Talk

That Playboy Wants Our Dongsaeng!

 

                “Hey, Rancho!” Yongguk greeted a guy who was working on a car engine wearing only a black tank top and acid washed jeans. He parked his superbike in front of the workshop before getting off and removed his helmet.

                The said guy stopped doing his work and peeped out from behind the car hood. His lips turned up as soon as he recognized the person walking in. “Hey, Jepp! Long time no see,” Hyunseung wiped his dirty hands to his pants to do a gangster handshake with Yongguk.

                “What’s up? Hyunseung asked. “I barely see you at the club lately.”

                “Yeah, I’ve been a little bit busy recently.”

                “Busy? With what?”

                Yongguk’s eyes darted everywhere to think of a reason. He would never say he was chasing around a cute boy for two weeks to win a simple bet. “Just… some stuffs.” He replied in a safe way.

                “Oh yeah? Not because of the break up?” Hyunseung smirked.

                “Nah, I’m over it already,” Yongguk shook the topic off. “Are you still going to the club frequently?”

                “Uh-huh. But not as often as before. Lots of work to do,” Hyunseung gestured to the car he was working earlier.

                Yongguk nodded. “Yeah, I can see.”

                “So what brought you here?” Hyunseung finally asked Yongguk’s purpose of seeing him.

                “Well, you know… love matter,” Yongguk smiled sheepishly. “And I need some advice from the love expert,” He said, making the other chuckled.

                “Wow, it has been so long since you asked for my advice. Come, have a seat,” Hyunseung brought Yongguk to sit on the plastic chairs at the side of the workshop.

                “Yeah, but this one is different,” Yongguk claimed and Hyunseung told him to go on with the story. “Well, you know, there’s one cute boy that I just met and I just can’t seem to win his heart.”

                “Since when are you into cute boys?” Hyunseung teased. “Tell me more about him.”

                Yongguk rolled his eyes. “He’s cute, yeah. He’s also pure and innocent. He really looks like a kid to me. And naïve. You could easily lie to him. And oblivious. Nothing that I do could grab his interest. Or make him blush. And… oh, he’s really forgetful. He can’t even remember me from our first meeting. And… he’s pretty too. Yeah…” He described Daehyun’s personalities only with the things that he knew.

                Hyunseung nodded in acknowledgment. “Well then, if it’s like that, you can’t use the same ways as before. You need to talk to him, ask him what he likes, what he doesn’t like, find his interests, listen to him, take him out. Only then you can , or even flirt a little.”

                Yongguk was carefully listening to every word the other was saying. He tried to absorb everything so that he could perform it to the boy. “Ah…” That was the only thing that came out from his mouth after Hyunseung finished talking.

                “Got it?” Hyunseung asked.

                “I think so,” Yongguk nodded. “Thanks, Rancho. I appreciate it!” He got up and doing the gangster handshake again before going to his motorcycle.

                “Don’t mention it, Jepp. Good luck with the cute boy!” Hyunseung said while watching Yongguk sped off to the road. “I don’t know whether I should feel happy or sorry for the cute boy,” He mumbled to himself. “But if he did get the boy, I should feel so proud,” He grinned before going back to his work.

 

〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

 

                On a beautiful Sunday afternoon, Jongup and Zelo were standing in front of Daehyun’s house. They were invited by Daehyun’s hyungs to have lunch together, but of course Daehyun was the one to tell them about it at school, not the hyungs themselves. Jongup and Zelo only know the names which were told by Yongguk; Jung Kyuhyun, Jung Woohyun, Jung Baekhyun. Yongguk also told them to act as nice as possible in front of them because Daehyun’s hyungs could turn into a king kong in a split second. But they thought it was not that hard. Right?

                Daehyun finally opened the door with an extremely happy face. “Jongup! Zelo! Come in, come in, come in,” He called them in.

                “Anyeong, Daehyun,” They greeted him before entering the house. As they were removing their shoes, they noticed the number of shoes for the people living in the house. There were like twenty or something, arranged neatly in a line in front of them.

                “That’s a lot of shoes,” Jongup whispered to Zelo.

                “Maybe they really like shoes,” Zelo whispered back.

                Daehyun was going to lead his friends to the dining room but they must pass through the living room to get there. “Hyung!” Daehyun called. “They’re here!”

                Jongup and Zelo saw two guys got up from the couch and came towards them. They had a broad smile on their faces. Jongup introduced himself. “Anyeong haseyo, I’m Moon Jongup.”

                “Anyeong haseyo, I’m Choi Junhong. You can call me Zelo.” Zelo copied his lover.

                Hyunjoong nodded. “You can call me Hyunjoong hyung. I’m Daehyun’s eldest hyung.”

                “And I’m Hyunseung hyung, Daehyun’s third hyung,” Hyunseung smiled. So did Hyunjoong.

                Well, if it was not because Daehyun begged them to be god to his new friends, they would definitely put on the darkest face ever and Daehyun’s friends would disappear as soon as they stepped into the house. It happened before.

                “C’mon, let’s go to the dining room,” Hyunjoong invited them and walked first to lead them.

                Jongup and Zelo tailed behind the siblings. Only now they could send each other a confused look. “Who the heck are Hyunjoong and Hyunseung???” Jongup asked in a lowest voice he could make.

                “Are you deaf? They’re Daehyun’s hyungs of course!” Zelo murmured.

                Jongup shook his head. “But their names were not the same as what Yongguk hyung told us. And there should be three of them, Kyuhyun, Baekhyun, and – ”

                “Woohyun hyung!” Daehyun’s loud voice had managed to reduce the couple’s lives by 10 years. They were so shocked, they could not even scream because of it. Both of them were so busy arguing at the back that they did not realize they had reached the dining room.

                “Oh, hi there!” Woohyun who was setting the table greeted both of them. Jongup quickly pulled Zelo closer by his waist and straightened up. “I’m Jung Woohyun. You guys can call me Woohyun hyung,” He said. Jongup and Zelo bowed at him. “So which one of you is Zelo?”

                “I am,” Zelo answered.

                “So you must be Jongup?” Woohyun looked at him while raising his eyebrows.

                “Yes, nice to meet you,” Jongup replied.

                “Have a seat. Lunch will be ready in any minute now,” Woohyun gestured to the chairs for them to sit on. Jongup and Zelo complied and sit at the table beside each other. Hyunjoong and Hyunseung went to sit at both ends of the table.

                “You should sit with us too, Dae,” Hyunjoong said.

                “But what about Woo hyung, Baek hyung and Kyu hyung? Daehyun asked. Jongup and Zelo’s ears perked up hearing the familiar names. So they do exist. But wait, how many hyungs exactly did Daehyun have?

                “Don’t worry, Daehyun,” Woohyun spoke up. “Baekhyun and I will sit at the countertop. Kyuhyun hyung will sit with you guys,” With that being said, Daehyun moved to sit across Zelo and Hyunseung was on his right.

                Baekhyun made his appearance while bringing two plates of dishes from the kitchen. “Here we go,” He put the plates on to the table. “Ah, you two must be Daehyun’s new friends.”

                Jongup and Zelo automatically stood up to bow at him. “Anyeong haseyo, I’m Jongup and he’s Zelo.”

                “Ah yes, yes. Welcome to our house. I’m Baekhyun, Daehyun’s hyung and also a best friend of him,” Baekhyun stated before telling them to enjoy their lunch later on.

                As they were going to sit down again, Kyuhyun walked out from the kitchen with another two plates of dishes and put them on the table. “Lunch is ready!”

                Zelo and Jongup stood upright again before their butts could land on the chairs. Like they were programmed, they started to say their greetings. “Anyeong haseyo, we’re Daehyun’s friends,” Both of them said for the nth time and Zelo continued. “I’m Jongup and he’s Zelo.”

                Daehyun and his hyungs almost burst out laughing at Zelo’s mistake. Jongup nudged his lover’s arm. He smiled at Kyuhyun. “Sorry about that. I am Jongup. He’s Zelo,” He clarified. Zelo just smiled shyly.

                “No, it’s okay. You guys are so cute. Call me Kyuhyun hyung,” Kyuhyun smiled back and took a seat beside Daehyun. Woohyun and Baekhyun were already sitting at the countertop near the dining table.

                The lunch started in a tranquil setting until Kyuhyun threw a question at the guests. “So, what year are you guys in?”

                “I’m in the second year. Jongup hyung is in the same year as Daehyun,” Zelo retorted.

                “You guys have been in the same school for so long. So why now?” Hyunjoong came out with another question.

                Jongup was tight-lipped. He turned to Zelo who also was lost for words to answer that question. Daehyun felt sorry for them. Things like this would happen when he had new friends. He did not warn them about his hyungs because he did tell them to be nice to his friends.

                “Why only now you want to be Daehyun’s friends?” Woohyun asked again, more sternly this time.

                “Hyung, stop it,” Daehyun interrupted.

                “It’s okay, Daehyun,” Jongup smiled. “We just saw Daehyun eating alone, so we decided to eat with him. Then…we just wanted to be his friends!”

                “That’s suspicious,” Baekhyun voiced out his thought.

                “Maybe there’s something you want from Daehyun?” Hyunseung suddenly chimed in. “Are you using him?”

                “Hyung, stop it,” Daehyun grumbled.

                “Is there someone else who told you to do this?” Hyunjoong side eyed them.

                “Hyung, I said stop it!” Daehyun exclaimed in frustration.

                “You better tell us now or you’ll regret it later,” Kyuhyun stared at them.

                “STOP IT, HYUNG!” Daehyun finally snapped. His chest was heaving up and down to hold his anger. All of them looked at the boy with eyes wide opened. “Hyung, trust me,” Daehyun began to speak when he calmed down a little. “They’re different.”

                The hyungs sent each other a questioning look while Jongup and Zelo were frozen in their place. After a moment, their eyes landed on one person, none other than the eldest hyung. Hyunjoong realized his role as the head of the family, so he had to give the final word for this. “So… since Daehyun really wants you to be his friends, we have no choice but to allow it,” Jongup and Zelo breathed out a sigh of relief. Daehyun was already smiling wide in front of them.

                “But remember!” Hyujoong continued. Jongup and Zelo jumped on their seats. “You must prove to us that you’re really different from the others like before. Or we’ll make your life miserable until the end,” He finished with a smirk. So did the other hyungs. Jongup and Zelo gulped seeing the killer looks on their faces.

 

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

 

                Yongguk was in a convenient store when he got a call from Zelo. “What’s up?” He asked after picking up the phone.

                “Hyung! What the f?! You told us Daehyun only has three hyungs!” Zelo shouted through the phone.

                “Whoa, slow down, kid. Daehyun does have three hyungs. What do you mean?”             He replied while choosing a packet of ramen.

                “No, hyung. Daehyun does not have three hyungs. Daehyun has five hyungs!”

                “WHAT?!?!” Yongguk shrieked, surprising the female cashier. “You don’t say!” He said unbelievably.

                “It’s true. They’re Hyunjoong, Kyuhyun, Hyunseung, Woohyun and Baekhyun. And they’re scary as hell!” Zelo stated one by one to the other.

                Yongguk was speechless for a moment. “Heol. my life.”

                Zelo sighed. “Don’t worry hyung. We have made the hyungs to believe us. Well, not really. Daehyun kinda did it. And guess what? The hyungs give Daehyun their permission to go home with us tomorrow. But we have to send him first.”

“Really?” Then I can meet him tomorrow!” Yongguk shouted, resulting in a weird look from the cashier.

                “Yeah, hyung. See you tomorrow.”

                “Yeah!!!” Yongguk pumped his hand that was holding the phone to the air.

                “Yah! Are you buying or not?” The cashier yelled from the counter.

                Yongguk slowly made his way to the girl and put a packet of six ramyuns on the counter. “Hello, I’m a thief.”

                “What?” The confused girl asked.

                Yongguk smiled smugly. “And I’m here to steal your heart,” He winked at her.

                The girl was completely melted right now. All of his anger towards the playboy had vanished. Yongguk snickered. He put the money on the counter and walked out with his ramen.

 

〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

 

                “Yongguk hyung!” Zelo called when Yongguk pretended to wander near them. He was eating some tteokbokki at a park with Jongup and Daehyun.

                Yongguk turned to their direction. He smiled and walked to them.

                “You know him?” Daehyun asked.

                “Yeah, he’s my cousin. You know him too?” Zelo asked back.

                Before Daehyun could reply, Yongguk already reached their place. “Daehyun?”

                “What are you doing here, hyung?” Daehyun asked innocently.

                “I’m just taking a walk,” Yongguk retorted.

                “So, you two do know each other,” Jongup said.

                “Yeah, could you give us some time?” Yongguk pleaded.

                “Sure,” Jongup stood up and pulled Zelo with him. Yongguk moved to sit beside Daehyun.

                “If you want me to follow you to somewhere, I must say I can’t,” Daehyun stated before Yongguk could say anything.

                “Why not?”

                “My hyungs don’t let me to.” Daehyun huffed.

                Yongguk smiled at the other’s cuteness. Then he remembered about Hyunseung’s advice to him on how to win the boy’s heart. The first thing he needed to do was to talk to him. “I guess I’ll just sit here and talk to you. Can I?”

                Daehyun thought for a while. His hyungs were mad at him just because he did not tell them about Yongguk. They did not say not to talk to him. “Sure…” He said.

                “It has been quite long since the last time I saw you. Am I still your friend?” Yongguk asked jokingly.

                “Of course,” Daehyun confirmed. He was the type of person who really appreciated his friends, considering that he did not really have much of them. “But my hyungs don’t like you. They said that you’re a playboy,” He added.

                Yongguk almost choked on his spit. It must be the ing Woohyun who told them about it, Yongguk thought.  “Really? Me? A playboy? Unbelievable!”

                “I know right. I don’t want to believe it either,” Daehyun said sympathetically towards Yongguk with furrowed eyebrows.

                “T-That’s so nice of you,” Yongguk suddenly felt guilty. This boy was just too kind to think bad about people. He quickly changed the topic. “You seem happy today.”

                “I am happy!” Daehyun’s mood changed too.

                “And why is that? Is it because of me?” Yongguk wiggled his eyebrows.

                “Maybe,” Daehyun replied absent-mindedly. “But I think it is more because of Jongup and Zelo.”

                “Oh yeah?”

                “Yeah… I’m glad they want to be my friends,” Daehyun looked up to see Jongup and Zelo chatting happily at the other side of the park.

                “Other students won’t even get near me. Well, some of them do, but my hyungs always scared them. I tried to be friendly. I tried to talk to them but they just ignored me, or told me to go away. I wanted to eat with them but they said their table is full when there’s clearly a free seat,” Daehyun breathed out heavily and kept his eyes downcast.

                “One time, I insisted to eat with them. But when I sit there, all of them got up and went to other table. That’s the first time I cried when I eat alone,” Only when Daehyun looked at him, Yongguk realized the boy was holding back his tears. “You’re the first person I tell about this. Even my hyungs didn’t have any idea about it,” Daehyun muttered.

                Yongguk was taken aback. He did not expect Daehyun to tell him about this. Hearing about someone’s sad life story was really new to him. He had no idea how to respond to it so he just gave an understanding look to the boy. Daehyun looked back down and continued.

                “You know, back then when I was still in middle school, it was worse. I was bullied. They called me stupid, retarded, orphan bastard, freak, wimp, dunce… I don’t even know what they said sometimes. At first, they were just calling me names. But one day, they dragged me to the toilet and locked it before they beat me up. They were like three or four of them. I tried to hide it from my hyungs but the bully got worse and worse. One day, I went home limping with bruises and cuts all over my body and face. It was really, really, really painful,” Yongguk saw a tear rolled down Daehyun’s cheeks.

                “I had no choice but to tell them the truth when they kept pressing on me. Kyuhyun treated my wounds. Usually he would nag at me when I went home late or when my clothes were dirty. That day, he didn’t say a single word. I cried in Baekyun hyung’s embrace that whole night and I didn’t go to school the next day,” Daehyun paused to his dry lips. Tears were streaming down his face.

                “Woohyun hyung was very mad. He skipped his school the next day and went to my school to find those bullies. I heard all of them were knocked out by him. He was almost kicked out from his school. The bullies’ parents and my school wanted to take action on him but Hyunjoong hyung made a report about those bullies. So, Woohyun hyung just got suspension from his school. But he broke up with his girlfriend. It’s all because of me… Hyunseung hyung transferred me to another school, although it’s not that different from the old one. I know I’m slow and dumb. I always got the last place in the last class till now. I don’t know if I can go to college after his. But my hyungs always support me,” He finally smiled at the thought and wiped out the tears with his sleeve.

                Daehyun turned to Yongguk. “So, Yongguk hyung, I know my hyungs don’t like you, but please, don’t hate them. They’re the only family and friends I have all this while. I love my hyungs…”

                Yongguk could feel his tears were forming in his eyes. He blinked rapidly to get rid of them before they could fall in front of Daehyun. Yongguk cleared his throat and smiled at the boy. “Why would I hate them? It’s enough for me to get to talk to you like this.”

 

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

 

               As Jongup and Zelo were walking Daehyun home, Yongguk also tagged along. But he looked like he was in his own world. Daehyun kept glancing at him because of the sudden lack of words from the elder. The couple walked a few steps ahead of them. They sensed the tension in the air but they did not want to in.

                Daehyun gathered his courage to speak up. “Do you hate me Yongguk hyung?” Yongguk turned to him and he proceeded. “Because now you know that I’m – ”

                “No!” Yongguk’s high voice surprised the boy. “How could you say that? There’s no reason for me to hate you.”

                Daehyun’s lips immediately curved upwards. “Thanks, hyung! I like you so much!” He clung to Yongguk’s forearm with both of his hands.

                “Yongguk was unsure, but he kind of felt that his heart made a loud thump in his chest. “I-I think I’ll just send you up until here,” He removed Daehyun’s hands from his arms. “We don’t want your hyungs to see me right? I’ll see you again sometimes,” Daehyun was a little frustrated but Yongguk was true. His hyungs would be angry if they saw Daehyun hanging out with Yongguk again.

                “Jongup, Zelo!” Yongguk called the couple in front of them “I’m going now! Take care of Daehyun,” With that, Yongguk went to different direction. Jongup and Zelo carried on to send Daehyun home.

 

〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

 

                “I’M A BAD GUY!!!” The playboy screeched as soon as he stepped into the apartment.

                Himchan and Youngjae rushed to see a kneeling Yongguk in front of the door. “What the hell?!” Himchan exclaimed.

                “I’m a bad guy I’m a bad guy I’m a bad guy I’m a bad guy,” Yongguk ran his fingers through his hair like a person who had lost gambling.

                “YONGGUK! COME BACK TO YOUR SENSE!” Himchan slapped Yongguk hard on his face.

                “I AM A BAD GUY!!!” Yongguk shrieked again. Himchan and Youngjae looked at each other. It seemed that violence gave no effect to this guy.

                “Only now you would realize about it?” Youngjae scoffed.

                Yongguk nodded vigorously. “Uh-huh. You know what?” He scrambled to stand up. “Daehyun is indeed a cute tiny little fragile boy,” He stated with a small voice. “I feel really guilty playing with his feelings. I should be punished!”

                “No worries. The hyungs are already punishing you,” Youngjae said frankly.

                “Ouch,” Himchan mocked.

                “What should I do now?” Yongguk asked agitatedly.

                “Just face the reality Yongguk. You’re the one who started it,” Himchan said before he and Youngjae left that poor guy on his own.

 

〜( ̄▽ ̄)〜

 


 

    

 

CHYEAHHH!!! We're one step closer to BangDae selca!!! Jebal~ T_T