마지막

of puppies and jealousy

Plan #1: Operation: Skin ship.

Because as Kyungsoo thought, Jongin is the one who always initiate the skin ship and maybe this act of Kyungsoo starting it instead would be the way to lead the attention back.

Kyungsoo pats himself for producing genius-like thoughts like that.

~
He started off with walking beside the younger during break.

Since he was leading in front of Jongin, he slowed down a bit.

Then, he casually slings his arm to the latter's, to which had a questioning look printed in his face in return. A touch of pink crept on the younger's face. Which of course Kyungsoo didn't miss.

Kyungsoo kept his straight face though. Keeping his fanboy feels inside him. To which is not an easy job to say. Man, he doesn't know that him, Do Kyungsoo can have such effect on Kim Jongin. If only he knew soon, then he'd been already clinging on the boy like a koala bear for ages.

Comfortable silence filled the air as they walked towards the other members.

He shifts slightly, getting comfortable on Jongin's arm. Warmth radiates off the latter that Kyungsoo thought he could get used to forever.

Damn because he thinks all about Jongin is hot. Even the boy itself.

But as the saying states, nothing lasts forever.

And so it happened.

In a split second, Kyungsoo felt Jongin disentangling himself from Kyungsoo's hold.

Kyungsoo stood there. 

Dumb founded.

Wide (or should I say wider) eyes.

It then occured to him that Jongin's dog, Jjanggu, just ran across them. With one of their managers running after it.

He guessed that their manager-hyung was the one assigned in taking care of Jjanggu.

Poor hyung. Carrying such a heavy responsibility.

Truth be told, Jongin's other dogs, Jjangga and Monggu only need one person to watch over them. While with Jjanggu, even three people would find it hard to keep him in place.

So as expected, Jongin, which is a self-proclaimed father of the dogs, also came running after the brown thing.

Then, only after what seems like hours standing there, only did he  realized that Jongin abandoned him for that dog.

He almost wants to wail like a child and broke down here at the moment. But no, Do Kyungsoo is a man. And a man doesn't give up that easily. He have to prove his manliness in this kind of situations.

He scrambles off to the room alone. Still determined.

He then proceeds in his next attempt.

                                                        

Plan #2: Operation: Be the best hyung ever.

Almost everyone was aware of his and Jongin's relationship. 

Not the "love-love" relationship though (he's pretty sure that's where they will end tho). But the cute "dongsaeng-hyung" relationship. 

Tons of videos, pictures and gif would prove that. All showing Kyungsoo's motherly side on the younger.

So Kyungsoo thinks that maybe, he could use this method to finally acquire the full attention he craves.

~
As soon as all the members arrived in the room, everyone gathered on the table, grabbing snacks and drinks to refill their stomachs. 

Everyone scrambled to find a sit on the couches. Kyungsoo fought his way to sit next to Jongin, who just came back after the "run-after-Jjanggu incident". Even with the two large couches, there are people who didn't fit enough so they're left on the floor.

Actually, it’s just Baekhyun who's left out but Chanyeol joined him nevertheless. 

They didn't mind the floor though.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol sat on the floor playing some weird hand slapping game. Then laughing loudly when one gets hit on the palm. Which obviously is Chanyeol, who gets hit the most. Whether it’s from pity for Baekhyun or Chanyeol is just dumb, no one knows.

Other conversations filled the room while munching on their food.

Kris attempts to share his knowledge of art to which Tao uninterestedly swipes down the offer by asking a request from the older. 

"Gege do you think you can paint me a Gucci bag using those new skills you learned?", Tao asked, averting the conversation to where he's interested more. Well, Gucci.

"Of  course Taozi. I'd even include you there too holding that Gucci if you want", the Picasso said.

But Tao highly doubts that though. He guess he'd find it hard to recognize himself in the said art.

Who wouldn't when you're drawn as a stick that can be mistakenly interpreted as a lamp post.

While the others are busy, Kyungsoo thinks that now is the perfect time for his much-awaited plan.

Taking a glance at the younger, (who is very adorable with its side profile directed to him by the way), he starts off.

"Jongin-ah, you seem exhausted from running after Jjanggu a while ago. You want some water? I'll go get you some."

"Really? Sure hyung!", Jongin replied while flashing a bright smile at him.

Kyungsoo almost fainted at the action.

He proceeded to scramble off to the table to get the drink. Well  only after he glared and remind the others to not take his sit while he's gone.

Drinks in hand, he walked back towards the younger. He gave it to Jongin, which gladly accepts the glass.

"Jjanggu surely runs fast even though he's gained weight.", Jongin said while sipping water.

"Yeah. And the fact that the thing seemed to have lots of energy stored in its body did no t help at all.", he said with a chuckle.

He shifts slightly to get a better view of the younger, squeezing a sleeping Yixing beside him.

Jongin went back on chewing his crackers that time. Kyungsoo almost forgot that he himself was not eating any, too busy of gawking at the latter.

He's thankful that Jongin is pretty oblivious to the stares he's been giving him.

He snaps out of his 'Jongin world' to munch on his neglected food. 

His gaze involuntarily averted again to Jongin. Damn eyes, Kyungsoo thinks. His eyes seemed to have life on its own.

While looking (or staring), he noticed a crumble of cracker on Jongin's lips. He giggles quietly because the y Jongin we knew on stage, still eats carelessly (but cutely) like a child.

"Jongin-ah", Kyungsoo said with soft voice.

Jongin turned to him as his name was called. "Yes hyung?"

And Kyungsoo's life was doomed.

He takes his words a while ago about Jongin's side profile being adorable.

He's way better in front-view that no words than 'perfect' can fit the description.

I mean, Kyungsoo knew that long ago, but still the view, not to mention the close proximity, had his breath taken away.

He gulps to find his voice again. "Umm.. you have something..", while pointing to his own face attempting to show Jongin the crumble.

Jongin caught the message easily then tried to wipe the bits of cracker along the side of his mouth. 

Tried. He's failing miserably, missing one centimeters every then now and then.

Kyungsoo laughed at the cute scene in front of him. "Not there", then not knowing what he's doing, he's already reaching out for Jongin's face.

Damn because even his hands has own life. 

He tilts Jongin's face lightly, then in slow motion, brushes off the crumb. 

".. c-cause its..uhh..d-disturbing me", he slaps himself for stuttering. But with Jongin's face inches away from him, it’s the last thing to mind.

Then they're eyes met.

Met.
 
Both seemed to be drawn to each other. Both did not make any move, afraid that they will break the gaze if they did.

Both-- "JONGIN!", a voice from the outside called.

As easy as one word, they snapped out of their little world just like that.

They snapped their heads to the direction of whoever called. With Kyungsoo already giving that someone who dared to disturb them, a death glare.

Then they heard a bark.

'Man, not again.', Kyungsoo pleaded the heavens above to wish that its not who he think it is.

Not Jjanggu.

Again.

But heavens seemed to not be on his side this day because seconds after, the brown dog bursted through the door with the same manager trailing behind it.

"Jongin, I give up. I can't take it anymore. His running way too fast. I barely even managed to caught up to him", their manager said between breaths.

And with that, he collapsed on the floor from the sudden exhaustion.

The said dog hurriedly leaped on Jongin's lap like a bolt of speed.

Making Kyungsoo and Jongin startled.

 


Kyungsoo wanted to ask Baekhyun and Chanyeol to slap him instead of their hands.


Plan #3: Operation: Make Jongin jealous

So far, Kyungsoo still haven't recovered from the last incident.

And its taking all his will to not dig up a hole and bury the dog inside it.

...

lol

Kidding.

That's a bit too much. Kyungsoo is not that bad to say. And besides the dog is too cute to be buried. Its too cute that it’s starting to get annoying. 

If his previous attempts fail, then he's 100.1% sure that this would work.

At least he hopes.

He's gonna make Jongin jealous. Yes biatches. J-E-A-L-O-U-S.

He just have to wait for the perfect opportunity.

And the perfect person of course.

We don't want Kyungsoo to make Jongin jealous with a table, do we?

And maybe, the heavens is not that against him after all. Because their sunbae, Ryeowook  came to the door all of a sudden.

He's apperance caused several heads of the members to turn to the door. All greeting him warmly and happily. The closeness among the members and Ryeowook seemed very noticeable.

After small greetings and chatting among their visitor and the others, he walked towards Kyungsoo's couch. Which obviously is the only vacant space available. 

He sat beside him, on the seat which was previously occupied by Yixing, who somehow managed to slip on the floor, still sleeping.

No one saw how it happened though.

And so Ryeowook sat. 

"Kyungie-ah. How are you today?", Ryeowook asked with a bright grin on his face.

The nickname didn't fail to catch Jongin's attention as he snapped his head up from Jjanggu. Which didn't go unnoticed by Kyungsoo.

And it clicked. Kyungsoo thought that maybe he could cling 'a little' to Ryeowook in hope to make Jongin jealous.

He's fully aware that he is his sunbae's favorite dongsaeng after all.

"Mm.. I'm fine hyung", flashing an equally bright smile to the older.

"Ah~ I see. I heard that you'll go on movies later right? You alone?"

"Not really, I have the camera mans with me. But if you think about it. Yeah. I'm pretty alone.", he ends it with a pout just for an effect.

"Aww..", Ryeowook pinched his cheeks at the cute act. "I'm sure it'll be fine though".

Kyungsoo was aware of Jongin listening to they're saying despite petting his dog. And so he makes the best out of it.

"Yeah.. I think." He starts fiddling with his fingers. "But I think it'll be more fun with you hyung", Kyungsoo said, a bit embarrassed, because he's not used to saying any of those.

Then he heard some clanking of a dog tag and saw a running Jjanggu dragging Jongin to the door.

The heck?

And he's efforts were thrown just like that.

~
The filming finally ended around midnight. All of the members completely drained out of energy as they head to their respective dorms in a hurry, wanting to feel soft cushions beneath their tired bodies as soon as possible.

Kyungsoo, reflecting on the events, is still completely pissed. 
Is it that hard to give him the attention he craves? Well, to be told, its Jongin's fault actually for spoiling Kyungsoo that much attention. And now Kyungsoo is left to long for that .

I mean, yeah. In Kyungsoo's plans, Jongin somehow acknowledged Kyungsoo's presence but it’s not enough. Call him selfish but he wants the whole attention all by himself. And too make things worse, there is a damn dog coming in between them from time to time.

(He even thinks that maybe Jjanggu was specially trained in a secret agency to )

Jongin wouldn't even spare him a glance if he didn't make the first move.

He would even make a board with 'Jongin Oppa please notice me' written on it with neon bold letters but he's sure that Jongin still wouldn't notice it. Too engrossed on his puppies.

The fact that he's sharing a room with Jongin, makes it even hard for him.

He opened the door to find Jongin arrive earlier than him.

"Hi hyung!", the younger beams brightly even in the state of exhaustion.

Kyungsoo made no response in return. He's too pissed for that.

Jongin, noticing the sudden change in his hyung's mood, and the evident frown in his face, immediately knew that there's something off.

Just a while ago, he'd been so thoughtful and happy beside him. And now... 

Jongin waited for Kyungsoo to finish in the bathroom to talk to him.

Once Kyungsoo was settled, he immediately walked towards to bed and laid. Pulling his blankets up to his chin, he then turned his back so that he's facing the wall. Completely ignoring the younger.

"Hyung", Jongin said softly.

When he got no response in return, he slowly stride towards the other's bed, sitting on the edge.

"Hyung. Talk to me. What's wrong?", Jongin asked while poking Kyungsoo lightly.

"Why don't you go ask your dog instead", he replied with bitterness in his voice while still having his back facing the other.

Jongin seemed to be taken aback at first. Slowly digesting the information before breaking into a grin.

"Hyung", sudden happiness in his voice easily detected, "are you, by any chance, jealous of Jjanggu?"

Kyungsoo immeadiately sat up upon hearing the statement, his cheeks burning from embarrassment. "W-what?! Of course not."

"Yes you are"

"No I'm not"

"Aww c'mon hyung."

"I said I'm not!"

"Don't worry though. The dogs left already. Nothing can come between us anymore. I'm all yours.", Jongin said with a chuckle.

"Ew Jongin. What are you saying?", the elder said, faking a frown to hide his blushing cheeks.

Jongin's face darkened in horror. "What. You don't want me anymore? Did you replace me with Ryeowook-hyung already? Huh?", tilting his head down at the disappointment.

Kyungsoo was shocked to see the other in this state. 

So Jongin heard them?

And... he cared?

"Umm... no"

Jongin's ears perked up at that. "Really?"

"Err.. yeah. Don't make me say it again or else I'll take it back.", Kyungsoo replied, pink crepting up his face again.

"Okay." Jongin nods repeatedly. "So can I sleep with you now?"

"Yes, yes, you should slee-- wait, you what?!"

But Jongin is already lying on the bed with him, comfortably tucking himself on Kyungsoo's blanket. 

And just like that, the younger closed his eyes.

Thinking the latter has already drifted off to sleep, he didn't bother to argue anymore. 

If he did, he'll just be given soft snores as a response anyways.

Slowly and quietly sliding back to his pillow, he tried to not disturb the angel beside him.

As soon as his body hit the mattress, an arm immediately s around his waist. And the fact that his bed is only suitable for one person didn't help at all.

Or maybe Kyungsoo is thankful because he definitely enjoys the body beside him.

He smiled before letting his eyelids flutter close. 

Seconds later he heard Jongin say, "Night hyung".

Which he gratefully returned with a sweet, "Good night too Jongin-ah".

And he noticed the embrace tightens a bit as if afraid to let him go. 

Drifting off to dream land, he swear he heard Jongin mutter something like, "Don't let Ryeowook sunbae call you Kyungie again."

And he thinks that it’s not that bad to be jealous over a dog too. Actually, it’s better to be jealous on a dog than some other clingy girl-group member.

With that he completely passed out of exhaustion.

 

a/n:

/RUNS

 


Forgive me for all the mistakes.

So yeah. To those who bothered to read this fic, I thank you with all my heart. I love you ppl. Every bits of you. 

 

Do subscribe and upvote if you think this story is worth it.

And comment? Please? .-.