Chapter 29 - The Masked Guy

Love Phase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               "The school fair is really awesome!" said Yixing enthusiastically. The whole school was transformed into a colorful amusement park. The open field used for soccer games was now filled by different rides and booths, arranged and approved by the student council and the whole board of the school.

                "Yeah" said Luhan, more like a whisper.

                Yixing flipped his head towards Luhan. Ever since they entered the school, Luhan was the only one having a dark gray aura surrounding him even though everything around him was filled with colors, bubbles, and sparkles. He scanned his friend’s face and found that he had dark circles beneath his red-puffy eyes. The usual sparkling eyes of Luhan were gone, which made Yixing felt worried. "Are you okay? You look really sad"

                "I'm okay" Luhan smiled at him, and to Yixing’s opinion it wasn’t a genuine smile. "I'll just go to gege, text me later" he waved his hand at Yixing and slowly turned around.

                Yixing frowned, and whispered "Okay" as he watched Luhan’s back walking farther and farther from him.

                Without knowing that there’s someone on the side watching them intensely and feeling the same feeling Yixing felt when he saw Luhan’s gloomy aura – Sehun. He quickly walked towards Yixing, who’s watching Luhan walking towards inside of the building. Checking that the site was already clear, he walked briskly and tapped Yixing’s shoulder.

                "Is he okay?" he asked, referring to Luhan.

                Yixing showed him a concern look before answering, "No, he's not"

                "Why?"

                "I don't know." Yixing shrugged his shoulders. Both of them were looking at Luhan’s back. As soon as Luhan was already gone and inside the building Yixing looked at Sehun and poke the latter’s chest, "By the way, you need to confess your feelings to him"

                Sehun smiled, "I know, I will"

                "When?"

                "At the ball” said Sehun calmly, as if he was so sure that everything will be on its place.

                Yixing raised a brow, "Are you sure? There's only a 0.001% chance that you'll end up with him"

                Sehun nodded. "If it's meant to be, it will be" he said tapping Yixing’s shoulder and turned around, causing Yixing to roll his eyes and decided to just go to the nearest booth for ice cream and cotton candies.

 

 

 

 

           Meanwhile, Luhan was walking towards he student’s council room. At some point, he was unconsciously bumping other students, because of walking blankly. He was thinking all through the night what he needed to do. He wanted to save the production but he wanted to also to follow his heart. He love Sehun and he doesn’t want to force himself to marry someone he doesn’t love.

                He slowly opened the door, and there, he found his brother reading different papers regarding the legendary ball that will be happening later, in the evening.

                Donghae stopped what he was doing and looked up at Luhan.

                Luhan looked at him intensely, and breathed deeply before he said, "Gege, please give me time to think about it until the ball.” He stopped, he looked at his brother trying to fathom his expression and realized that his brother was signaling him to go on, "After that, I'll give to you my answer" he added.

                Donghae nodded, "I hope you'll make the right decision" he said and goes back to reading the papers in his desk.

                That answer was enough for Luhan to smile a little bit, "Wish me luck" he muttered before leaving the room.

                "Okay" Donghae answered, and by the time Luhan was already out of his room, he whispered “Good luck”

                When Luhan was already outside the door, he leaned and shut his eyes really tight "Please... Just give me a sign" he whispered as Sehun’s face flashed inside his head making smile a little inside.

 

 

 

 

 

                Ten minutes before the evening party, Luhan was already searching for Yixing in the sea of students all dressed in expensive tuxedos and gowns, wearing different types of mask – Luhan were wearing a dark mask, only covering his eyes. He walked into the crowds and noticed how the school gym was transformed into an elegant place for the ball. He scanned different tables and unfortunately, Yixing was nowhere to be found.

                He stayed at one of the table and there he saw a guy wearing dark blue long sleeves, looking at him. His sleeves were rolled, and to Luhan’s opinion, maybe the guy didn’t knew or informed that he party was supposed to be a formal party and not those types of parties on the bar. He shook his head, he knew right away that the guy was one of those jerks in their school, who’s always been a jerk because their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter