Reds, Blues, and Yellows

Searching For That Voice

"Where is my son?" A stocky, middle aged, drunk red faced man questioned harshly. 

"You don't care where he is. Why don't you leave me alone?" A slight, pale, large eyed woman answered. 

"I ought to make you pay for your attitude, you . Tell me where my son is. Now. I know you know. You were friends with her. I know you know where my son is." The man snarled. 

"Please leave before I call the police. You will not come here again." The woman answered, feeling dizzy. 

The woman slammed the door in the man's face and went back into the dark, cramped apartment. She was welcomed by the strained cries of two little boys. She felt like collapsing, so she took what she referred to as miracle pills. They gave enough energy to take care of her son and the boy she took in until they went to sleep for the night. She paid so much money to the man who sold her the pills off the street, that she had very little money for anything else. She had to take care of herself, otherwise the little boys wouldn't have any care at all. 

After taking the pills, she felt rejuvinated and went about cleaning, cooking, and comforting her son, Minho and her deceased friend's son, Jonghyun, whose father had now come drunk to her doorstep looking for him yet again. She feared for the lives of the boys as well as her life. Minho's father left her with very little so all day, she worked selling flowers at the market for the local florist. She made enough money to pay for rent, clothes, food for the boys, and of course, her pills. She had started dating a man who often paid for her meals and although she was not in love with him, she used their relationship to survive. She loved both boys and would not leave them, no matter how sick or undernourished she was. 

When she worked, a young boy named Donghae from a few doors down would watch the boys. He didn't work for pay. He worked for a quiet place to study in order to pass his exams and get out of the neighborhood. Donghae was seventeen years old, and had recently had discovered about his soul mate. The only way his family would let him leave was if he got into college, so he was studying extremely hard for his exams so he could move out and find the voice. 

There was a night where Minho's mother went out, just to a restaurant down the street from her apartment. Donghae was looking after the small ones when Jonghyun's father broke in and took Jonghyun. With the help of her boyfriend, Minho's mother was able to take back Jonghyun. The police didn't care about this area unless there was a murder, so there wasn't anything else she could do. The small boy came back with a broken finger and a few bruises. 

When that happened, far away in the castle where Kibum and Jinki were growing, Kibum, only a light with a voice of few words then, turned from a glowing soft yellow color into an angry red color, and was screaming. The guardian and Kibum's parents rushed in to see what was happening. The guardian explained that Kibum's soul mate, the little Jonghyun, was experiencing great pain and that Kibum was feeling it. This symbolized the bond the two had. Similarly, Jinki turned a solemn blue color as he felt Minho's constant sadness. 

Some days, it was okay. Somedays, Jinki and Kibum stayed their yellow color. But other days, saw reds and blues. Not long after the new year rolled in, Jonghyun's father had died due to alcohol poisoning, but his network of dangerous friends still roamed around the neighborhood in search of someone to blame. Minho's mother, as well as many others, had to be very careful. 

Finally, Kibum and Jinki had fuller voices. Jonghyun and Minho were two and three years old, and began to understand what was wrong and right. 

"Minho! I want that!" Jonghyun said, pointing to a fluffy pastry, filled with vanilla cream. It was sitting on a stand, out in the open and seemingly unattended. Minho's mother had taken them out for a bit. A quick trip to get fresh air. They were sitting outside the bakery at the outdoor café tables. Minho's mother had saved money to get her little boys treats, but her still steady boyfriend, always treated them. The two year old Minho was faced with his best friend telling him to take the pastry. 

"Minho~" Jinki said, realizing it was the first time he was comunicating with his soul mate with words. 

"Hyung wants it." Minho thought. 

"It's not right." Jinki said, lovingly. 

"Okay..." Minho thought. 

Back at the castle, Jinki was proud of himself and Minho. He was extremely happy to see Minho not in a state of complete sadness. Kibum hmphed, wanting it to be his turn to guide Jonghyun for the first time. Minho had no idea a voice was speaking to him, yet. 

"I did it! Guardian I did it! I guided Minho!" Jinki said, glowing happily.

"You did! We are so proud of you!" The guardian said, patting the little light. "Just remember, your two soul mates are very close and will be forever, so work together alright? What one does will affect the other. Keep that in mind." The guardian added before attending to the other lights. One of them was taking human form right now, seeing himself for the first time. 

"Hyuk Jae! My my, you are a handsome one!" The guardian laughed as the teenager emerged, shedding his light. Hyuk Jae had never seen himself before and took the fact that he had legs, a face, a body, and a heart in with wonder and joy. He could now speak through a mouth and could go anywhere he wanted. The best part, he and Donghae would be united. 

Kibum and Jinki, listened in awe. They hoped they would see Donghae and Hyuk Jae happy together. 

Every night, the consciences dreamed about their lives with their soul mates, unless their thoughts were interrupted by nightmares or dangers coming from the other side. This night, however, saw no nightmares and no disturbances. Kibum and Jinki dreamed freely about Jonghyun and Minho. 

 

A/N: Do you like it? Please comment if you want to! Don't be a silent reader! I hope you enjoy this story it is my first time writing a supernatural story and my first jongkey! Thanks for subscribing and commenting those who have!