The Circumstances

Searching For That Voice

A tall bearded figure wearing light blue robes walked down a long hallway. The floors were made of white, flawless marble, free from scratches or marks. The walls of the corridors were either windows or mirrors that reflected and refracted all sorts of colored light. The man walked with a cane and his footsteps echoed through the halls. He walked through hallway after hallway, all of them lined with picture frames that were either filled with portraits of faces of all sorts, all adorned in blue robes as well.

Was this heaven? A castle that housed angels? It was not. This castle was where consciences were born. Angels guide people after death, consciences are there for them during life. Similar to angels, consciences began as voices, small balls of light and then became humans, all along guiding and protecting one person, offering them the right path. The person they guide is said to be their soul mate, and eventually, the now physical conscience and the human meet and live out their lives together. Consciences are born as an offspring of a human and a conscience, a process that has been in existance since the beginning of time. It is possible for physical consciences, who do die like all humans, to become angels which is the highest honor, but very rare. 

Today, the tall bearded figure, the guardian of consciences, was going to meet the new ones that were born in the last year. After consciences are born, the parents nurture them within the walls of the castle and raise them like normal children. The consciences need a year to develop their voices and then are paired up with their soul mates, a human who was very close in age to the conscience. Around the age of two, when humans start to figure out what was right from wrong, the simple light becomes a real guiding force. The conscience knows the feelings and thoughts of the human and with love, guides them. When both become teenagers, the human becomes aware of the fact that the conscience is their soul mate and the conscience becomes a human and is allowed to travel and do what they wish. At this point, it then becomes the human's mission to find their soul mate to prove that they are in fact soul mates. The conscience cannot tell the human their exact location and also cannot go looking for the human in order to test how connected their minds and hearts are. 

This story follows quite a unique journey, of two boys who go together to find their consciences. The two boys, two best friends from birth from Seoul had rough lives and relied very heavily on their consciences, although not aware of how much they relied on them. When abuse, depression, and living on the streets were apart of a childhood, it makes it quite difficult to know what was right from wrong and whether or not to give up or not. 

Two young, glowing consciences, deemed Jinki and Kibum by their parents were two kind, strong souls. As soon as the guardian entered the bright room and met them, he immediately paired them with the two baby boys whose hearts and minds seemed perfect for the verdant consciences. Jinki, the older of the two voices was now connected to the mind and heart of Choi Minho while Kibum was connected to Kim Jonghyun. Consciences felt what the boys felt, and unless blocked out by the boys, would come to understand their situations.

Choi Minho was a boy born to a sick, single mother, no father. Kim Jonghyun was born to a once loving set of parents, until he lost his mother in a car accident and his father became abusive. Minho's mother was a dear friend of Jonghyun's mother and when signs of abuse came about when Jonghyun was barely two years old, Minho's mother immediately took Jonghyun in. They grew up in rough circumstances and needed their consciences. 

The reasons that this journey is so unusual, were because never had two humans taken a soul-mate searching journey together and the circumstances of the human's lives made it difficult sometimes for Kibum and Jinki to feel what they were feeling and guide them. This is what is called a block out, where consciences could not get through to the human and could only reconnect when the block out was over. 

From the beginning, the guardian knew that the journey would be difficult, but once united with their soul mates, the consciences and the boys would be infinitely happy and safe. 

 

A/N: Hope you like the intro chapter. Things will be explained more and the story follows in chronological order. Thanks for subscribing! Feel free to comment with questions or anything else. Thank you!!