The Ball

The Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho put a wet towel on Sooyoung’s forehead. That girl’s body is very hot. She’s probably on a high fever right now. What if they can’t held a press conference tonight? What if she’s fainted in the middle of the conference? Minho sigh. It’s all his fault. Whi did he tell Sooyoung to enter a labyrinth. And now, that poor tall girl is laying down weakly on his mattress. Again his mattress. All this time, he wished that the empty side beside him will be filled by Eyoung. And now that wish was gone.

Soon a knock on a dor was heard by Minho, suddenly Queen Jung Nan enters the room.

“Is she okay?” asked the Queen.

“She’s having a high fever.” Minho aswer weakly.

“What a poor girl.” Said Queen Jung Nan then rubbing Sooyoung’s hand. “How can you be so fool?” Now, the Queen is looking at Minho. “Do you know that she’s a new person around the neighbourhood, and asked her to enter a labyrinth. And you just left her while she was wandering around?” Queen Jung Nan was really angry. “That’s how you treat your bride?”

“She’s not my bride!” shouted Minho.

“She will be your bride!!” and now Queen Jung Nan’s emotion really explode. “How can you leaver her alone?”

Minho is not answering her mother’s question.

“Answer me Minho!” said the Queen. “Now!”

“Eyoung, she’s—”

“Eyoung? Eyoung?” Queen Jung Nan’s widened. “What is wrong with you and Eyoung?” Queen Jung Nan now fold her hand in her chest. “I don’t like that gir even though she’s lady. Okay, stay away from her or I will do something.” Threathened Queen Jung Nan.

“You defend Sooyoung?” asked Minho. “You defend someone who you barely even know?”

“Yes, Minho. I defend her.”

“Okay, you defend her. You defend her just because before you were married you were in the same position as her. A less affluent woman who gets lucky because she was picked at ‘Prince’s Wife Candidate.’ That’s why you defend her.”

Queen Jung Nan then slaps his eldest son. “Keep your tongue. Is that how a son talk to his mother? That’s how you talk to me?” then a gaze of regret appear in Minho’s eyes. “Fine then. Do whatever you want. But if you need anything, don’t come to me.”

Before Queen Jung Nan left the room, she said something. “Your dad love you. When you said that you’re in love with Eyoung he was thinking that he wants you to marry the girl you loved. He want you to be happy. And after that he decided something.”

“What is that?” said Minho.

“I can’t tell you. Just go ask him. He already discuss it with the royal council, and he’s agree. But, no matter what decision that he take, all of us is gonna support him.” Then Queen Jung Nan left the room.

***

“I wonder what decision he made.” Said Minho.

“Why don’t we ask him?” asked Sungjae.

“I just have bad feeling it will affect his career.” Said Minho again.

“By the way, you said that she called Nichkhun’s name?” asked Sungjae again. Minho nods. “She probably knows Nichkhun.”

“I guessing that too. But why? Is she Nichkhun’s girlfriend?” asked Minho.

Sungjae just raised his shoulder.

***

“So there’s no press conference?” asked Eunji over the phone.

“No.” Said Sooyoung. “But I’m not the one who got blamed for the whole thing. How’s school?”

“Speaking of school, Nichkhun and Changmin aren’t coming to school for a few days.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. It’s just that the whole school haven’t seen Nichkhun and Changmin.”

“That’s odd.”

“I know right? I mean all this time they’ve been fighting, and now both of them aren’t coming to school together. The other student have speculation that they were fighting, and then hurt their own body, that’s why they’re not coming to school.”

“But it’s only a speculation right?” asked Sooyoung.

“Yup! It’s only a speculation. No one knows why they’re not coming to school. Not even Suzy. They probably went out of town.” Said Eunji again. “How’s Monte Carlo? You’ve been there for a week. How’s Prince Minho? Did he treat you well?”

“Minho, he, one day after I met him, King Jin Hee, Queen Jung Nan, and Minho said that they’re going to visit the queen mother in the countryside. Only Sungjae who got left behind because he has an examination at school.”

“So you haven’t meet withe the royal family?”

“No, I met Minho and Queen Jung Nan. The queen seems to like me.”

“That’s good sign. You need to win her heart because she’s going to be your mother-in-law.”

“Of course I’m gonna win her heart.”

***

“So, I heard that when Minho brought you back to the palace, you said a name? Nichkhun?” asked Sungjae when he visits Sooyoung at her temporary house.

Sooyoung widened her eyes. “I said a name? Whose name?”

“Nichkhun. You said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter