Something Great

Something Great

 

 

 

“AHHHH!!!! PARK CHANYEOOOLLLL!!!!”


 

Tao, along with a few housemates, grabbed their own ear plugs and glared at the tiny creature with an impossibly large mouth, sitting in front of the TV, too close he almost looked like he was kissing it. There were disoriented groans coming from a few who were studying for finals. Tao stood up and walked to Baekhyun, hoping he can separate the older from the TV.


 

“Baekhyun hyung,” Tao called and as expected, no reply. “Hyung, can you please tone down? There are a few students here who are studying for—“


 

“OH MY GOOOD!!!!” Baekhyun yelled, eyes widening and then he turned Tao. “ZITAOOOOO!”


 

“What?” Tao asked, eyes blinking cluelessly.


 

Baekhyun pulled Tao beside him and pointed at the television while giggling happily. Tao watched a commercial for a certain concert—of course, Baekhyun’s idol, Park Chanyeol, the reason why every night they get more and more deaf due to his screams whenever Chanyeol’s face would come out on the television—coming this New Year’s Day.


 

“Do you want to go to Park Chanyeol’s concert and be his date?” The narrator asked.


 

“OMG ME! ME! ME! I WANT TO BE HIS DATE!!!” Baekhyun yelled while hopping up and down.


 

Tao groaned and covered his ears.


 

“Then this is all you have to do. Send us a video presentation as your answer for this question. What would you do before New Year’s Day? The most creative video will be chosen by Park Chanyeol himself—“


 

“AHHH!!!! CHANYEOL!!!”


 

“—deadline is until December 30! Goodluck!”


 

The commercial finally ended and Tao heaved a sigh of relief because then Baekhyun wouldn’t have anything to spazz about until Baekhyun turned to him with a huge smile and twinkling eyes. “Oh great.”


 

“ZITAOOOO THIS IS MY CHANCE!! I’M GOING TO JOIN AND WIN AND MEET CHANYEOL!!”


 

Tao, and a few nursing students, almost choked on humid air. “You’re going to join?”


 

“Baekhyun, are you serious?” One of the students, Sulli, asked with a chuckle.


 

Amber, another student sitting beside her, looked up from her book and joined in. “Imagine a thousand others saying the same thing as you.”


 

“Hey! What’s wrong if I join?” Baekhyun asked, pouting, while walking to their table. Tao followed behind him, rolling his eyes and chuckling.


 

“Baek, are you even sure you’re going to win?” Tao asked, leaning on the couch beside the table.


 

“I am! I know it! They said Chanyeol himself will pick the winner! I have to at least think of something creative!” Baekhyun slammed his fists on the table, startling Sulli, Amber and two more. “And you guys are going to help me.”


 

“What? No.”


 

“Baek, we’re busy.”


 

“We have exams coming up.”


 

“But guys!” Baekhyun yelled helplessly. And then as if the heaves were on his side, a light bulb suddenly lit up above his head. “Okay never mind, I thought of something creative.” He said with a grin and then turned to Tao.


 

“What?”


 

“You have a camera right?”


 

Tao sighed. “Hyung, what are you thinking of?”


 

“I just thought since everybody’s talking about New Year’s Day, I will interview people and ask them what they would do before New Year’s Day, of course they’ll have different answers, and then at the end I will ask myself and I’ll answer I’ll go to Chanyeol’s concert!”


 

Tao nodded. “Wow, that’s pretty impressive.”


 

“Tao! You’ll help me right? Please please please please!” Baekhyun begged, batting his eyes, hoping to pull the heart strings out of younger brother.


 

Tao sighed and pinched Baekhyun’s cheeks. “Alright fine.” Anything to make his brother happy.


 

“Yay! I love you Taooo!” Baekhyun yelled, pulling his little brother into a tight hug, squeezing the both of them. Tao pulled away just in time Jongin, another housemate and friend, walked in, just got home from his work, while holding a newspaper on hand.


 

Tao and Baekhyun turned to him with smiles. “Kai!”


 

“Hey,” Jongin greeted, lifting the groceries he brought. “Coffee for the hardworking people here.”


 

“Thanks Kai,” Amber said, grabbing the box of coffee they asked him to buy from Jongin.


 

“And look,” Jongin turned to Baekhyun. “I saw that limited edition poster you were talking about and—“


 

“OH MY GOD! KYAAA!!!!” Baekhyun abruptly snatched the poster from Jongin’s hold and turned around, yelling while hopping up and down. Tao shook his head and wondered if they will ever have a good night’s sleep, especially now that Kim dumb-Jongin brought home with him something that can trigger Baekhyun’s loudness. Still, it was nice to see his brother being happy like this especially at the amount of family problems they’ve been through together. Their family may not be complete now and in a lot of days, and their problems may have overlapped each other, but he’s sure, after this year ends, everything will just go away like remnants of snow melting on the ground.


 

--


 

Baekhyun focused the camera on the person he chose to ask—a guy who seems to be pretty hardworking, obvious even at the first glance. “Okay, um, sir, what would you do before New Year’s Day?”


 

“Me?” The guy looked up and thought for a while. Then he looked back at the camera with a smile. “I want to see the person I love happy.”


 

Yixing tapped on his phone violently while groaning, trying to contact his boss who seems to have disappeared, for the 10th time that day, without a single warning. The hotel was packed with people and these people have been giving him strange looks but he doesn’t care because his boss is nowhere and as the secretary, it doesn’t seem to make sense that he doesn’t know where his boss is—although he may have an idea.


 

He glanced up to the door when he heard someone come in and was relieved to see his boss (although he dislikes the fact that there was a girl sticking like glue to him) walking in. “Sir! Sir Kris!” He yelled and followed his boss. “Sir! Where have you been? I’ve been trying to call you!”


 

And as he expected, the only response he got was the woman’s flirty giggles—which was not even a response from his boss. “Sir—“He paused when Kris suddenly kissed the girl right in front of him and waited until they were done. When Kris pulled away, Yixing cleared his throat hoping to catch his attention, but Kris and the koala girl just continued walking towards the elevator. Yixing sighed and followed them. “Sir! You’re father’s been trying to call you all day!”


 

Kris stopped in front of the elevator and pinned the woman to the wall. “How about we take this to the bed?”


 

Yixing rolled his eyes and groaned. The elevator opened and the women walked in first. Kris took off his coat and threw it behind him where Yixing’s been standing all along –okay so he does know that Yixing has been following them—and walked inside.


 

“S-Sir! Sir! Your father told me to remind you about the board meeting tomorrow!” Yixing yelled on that little space of the elevator door, getting louder and louder as the space gets smaller. “Sir! The board meeting tomorrow! Please don’t forget!”


 

And then they’re gone. Yixing sighed at another disappointment, although he was quite used to his boss ignoring him. He held Kris’ jacket close and smelled it, trying to familiarize the smell, while blushing and giggling happily. His little solitude was then interrupted when a worker, Kibum, hits his head playfully. “You’re not Kris’ type.” He said and then laughed.


 

Yixing glared at him.


 

“His types are those women who have big s and butts. You obviously don’t have any of those.”


 

“I don’t care. Someday, he’s going to notice me.”


 

Kibum snorted. “Yeah, you’ve been saying that for a year now.”


 

Yixing grabbed a vase and threw it to Kibum. He looked at the time and remembered that he had to call a friend so he fished out his phone and dialed the number gently.


 

--


 

“Hey, you ready?” Jongin turned to Jongup and nodded. Jongup sent a few signals to the other members around the place indicating to start the flash mob. They knew very well that it was illegal in this place but to hell with illegal. One of their members, dressed up as a police officer, walked at the middle of the space and dropped the stereo on the floor. Then the music started—thanks to a fellow IT student who helped them—, which can be heard everywhere in the mall.


 

Their flash mob started, each of them walking casually around the place until they reach their positions and joined in the dancing. The crowd started growing around them, watching with amusement, while some are clapping and taking video footages.


 

Jongin was extremely hyped about this, not just because they’re doing something illegal but also because of the smiles the crowd has on their faces while watching them dance to different songs, entertaining them, giving them the joy of simple body movements. Jongin thinks there’s no measure on what people can do for the sake of happiness. No rules, no limit.


 

It wasn’t long until the audience had attracted too much attention that the dance was halted with the familiar whistles. They immediately ran away, scattering around, taking off their costumes in the process and leaving them on the floor so the police officers doesn’t recognize them. Jongin immediately blended in with the crowd with his hoodie and chuckled to himself when a police officer passed by him.


 

His phone vibrated and he fished it out to answer a call from Tao, his grin not leaving his face. “Hey,”


 

“Oh—uh, Kai, are you panting?”


 

Jongin swallowed before replying. “Yeah. We just finished the flash mob.”


 

“Really? How did it go?”


 

“So cool! The police didn’t catch us.” Jongin reported with a huge smile.


 

“Too bad we weren’t there to see it. Is there a video?”


 

“Yeah, I think. By the way, what’s up?”


 

“We need a ride home.”


 

“Sure, where are you?”


 

“At the airport.”


 

Jongin stopped walking. “Airport? What are you doing there? Is someone coming?”


 

“No, Baekhyun thought people at the airport can give him nicer answers so…yeah. He’s talking to one right now.”


 

Jongin chuckled. “Yeah okay, I get it. I’ll be there in an hour.”


 

“Thanks Kai,”


 

“No problem.” Jongin hung up the phone.


 

--


 

“So, where are you going?” Baekhyun asked, his voice heard through the recorder.


 

“Somewhere,” The person shrugged.


 

“Okay, um, so this is my question. What would you do before New Year’s Day?”


 

The person bit his lip, looked down, and then looked back up at the camera. “I’ll try to fix everything.”


 

“I see.”


Luhan arrived at the hotel just in time the rain stopped, leaving wet pavements and cold air. He walked inside, dragging his luggage with him when a staff attended to him and helped him carry his luggage. “Welcome back, Mr. Lu.” The staff said and he replied with an empty smile.

His room was still the same as how he left it a month ago, when he thought he had fixed everything. Now he comes back only to find himself broken again, on the same place, on the same spot.

 

“Sir, is there anything else you need?”

 

He turned to the staff and shook his head. As soon as the staff left, he plopped down on the bed with a heavy sigh, trying to relieve himself of stress he carried for the past week. His phone vibrated and he lazily picked it up.

 

“Yes? Yixing? You were supposed to call me yesterday before I left.”

 

“I know. I’m sorry! Something came up. Did you arrive safely in Beijing?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing. It’s just that…I feel ridiculous, you know? I was in the same place for the same reason last month.”

 

“Luhan…it’s going to be fine.”

 

“I wish it was that easy.”

 

“It’s not your fault. Obviously, your fiancé is a .”

 

Luhan laughed at him. “I should hang up. This call is expensive, right? I’ll e-mail you later.”

 

“Okay. Have fun, alright?”

 

“Alright.”

 

Luhan let his arm fall down to his side as he stares at the ceiling, trying to figure out his next move. He can’t go through the same damn pace again, he just can’t, or he’ll break completely. He sat up and walked over to his luggage. Maybe he can use some time to relax and swim by the pool, do something that can pull him away from all the problems. He grabbed a t-shirt and shorts then walked out of the room.

 

--

 

Minseok was busy mixing a bottle of wine when his friends started jerking around and accidentally pushed him that the bottle almost fell. “Watch it!” He hissed and the guys stopped.

 

“Ya Minseok,” One of his co-workers pulled him beside him and whispered. “Look at that guy over there,”

 

Minseok knew he shouldn’t have looked because as soon as his gaze fell upon the angelic face standing by the edge of the pool, taking his shirt off, revealing his white chiseled body, he was mesmerized.

 

“He looks cute, right?”

 

Minseok nodded unconsciously.

 

“Hey, Minseok, where are you going?”

 

So maybe he really shouldn’t have looked because now he finds himself walking towards the same spot where the angelic face stood before he dove down the pool to swim. He watched the guy swim while walking slowly, eyes fixed on those legs and thighs and his wet hair, closer and closer, that he tripped over something and almost fell face first on the ground if it wasn’t for his fast reflexes, his arm underneath him, preventing his body to hit to ground. He turned beside him and saw the guy coming out of the water, just beside the edge of the pool, pushing his hair to the back when he saw Minseok inches close from him. “Oh!” He yelped in shock and blinked. “Uh…”

 

Minseok grinned. “Uh—I’m sorry…I—“

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah! I’m fine.” Minseok abruptly stood up and brushed the dirt off his clothes. “So…uh…if you need anything, you can just call me—“

 

“Minseok,” The guy blurted out after reading Minseok’s name tag on his shirt.

 

“What?”

 

“Your name’s Minseok,”

 

“Ah, that’s right.”

 

“I’m Luhan,” Luhan said with a smile.

 

“Oh…hi…Luhan,”

 

Minseok was now certain that he really shouldn’t have looked.

 

--

 

Yixing cleared his throat, carefully placed his phone back on his bag, and fixed his clothes while waiting outside

Kris’ hotel room. He’s been waiting for 30 minutes actually. He pressed the doorbell again and groaned. He looked around and saw one of the cleaning ladies. He approached her and asked for their emergency key card because this is an emergency.

 

As soon as he was inside the room, he looked for Kris. “Sir? Sir Kris?” He called and stopped when he saw Kris’ clothes scattered all over the living room. He picked them one by one. “Sir! Your father’s been looking for you!” He yelled while stuffing the clothes on his arms as he walked down the small corridor into Kris’ room. Inside, he found more clothes so he ended up picking them up from the floor.

 

“Sir, I thought I told you not to forget about the board meeting! The meeting already started!” He walked to the laundry basket near the bath room and threw the clothes inside.

 

“Sir, where are you—“ He gasped when he accidentally saw Kris’ back inside the bathroom because the door was wide open. He immediately turned around and leaned on the wall beside the doorway.

 

“What,” Kris said, covering his private part with a towel while walking towards him. “Are you doing here?”

 

Yixing remained frozen to the wall even when Kris leaned in closer, too close to be quite honest. “S-sir…t-the meeting—“

 

“Ssh.” Kris placed a finger on Yixing lips, startling the latter.

 

Then the sound of a baby crying surfaced around the room. Kris panicked and immediately searched around the room, throwing his pillows around; lucky enough that Yixing is there to catch them and put them back into place. He saw the baby inside the closet, crying non-stop. “W-what’s that?!”

 

Yixing peeked behind him and smiled. “What do you mean what’s that? It’s a baby!” He pushed Kris aside and pulled the baby out, carrying him in his arms. “Oh, it’s a boy.”

 

Kris saw a note taped on the closet. “If you can’t love me, maybe you can love our child.” He read out loud and almost choked.

 

“Sir? You have a child?”

 

“What? That thing is not my child!”

 

Yixing crooked his eyebrows. “Sir, this thing is your baby!”

 

“I don’t have a child!

 

“Yes you do, he’s right here!”

 

“How the hell did I have a child?”

 

Yixing looked away and murmured. “Well, judging from how many women you laid underneath you every night, I wouldn’t be surprised if you accidentally impregnated one of them.”

 

“You’re saying something?”

 

Yixing turned to him and smiled. “What? No. Nothing.”

 

“I think I should find out if that thing really is my child.”

 

Yixing immediately covered the baby’s ears. “Sir! Stop calling him that thing!”

 

“I need to do a DNA test.”

 

--

 

Baekhyun walked around the stadium, his camera ready to film anyone he can find that looked interesting enough. It was donation day, as he likes to call it, and Tao, again, volunteered to help distribute the donations to the poor and the needy families gathered around. There are a few media reporters around so he tries not to catch too much attention. He observed every one of them, the reporters, the volunteers, the children and the mothers and thought of the stories they hold, of what they wrote on their wish lists, of what they want in life.

 

He saw children running around carelessly so he tried to avoid them as much as possible to prevent his camera from falling or just prevent any accidents that he bumped into a guy who was carrying a box behind him. He turned around to say sorry but the height caught him off guard—the sunglasses and the hoodie he was sporting too. Baekhyun’s the type who believes in every fantasy so he took it as a sign and not a mere coincidence. ‘Cause he’s a loser like that.

 

“I’m sorry but can I ask you a question?” The guy nodded. Baekhyun smiled widely at him. “Thanks. Just wait a moment.” He looked down on his camera and tried to fix it or something, figuring he can’t find Minseok aka the only person who knows how to work this thing in this crowd he has to deal with it on his own. “It’s like an interview thing, by the way.” He said just to keep the guy’s attention.

 

“You know Park Chanyeol? Yeah I’m going to his concert and there’s this contest thing.” He added, not even glancing up, even when the guy he was talking to took off his glasses, finding interest at the brunette. “Whoever wins the contest gets to be his date. You know I really really like him, I hope you don’t find it weird you know, since I’m a guy and all but I like his music and his style and he’s so handsomeeee. “Baekhyun placed his camera in front of him and lifted it up to record the guy. “I swear I’m going to win this thing so I can meet—“ He gasped and froze when the frame was occupied with a familiar face.

 

“KYAAA! IT’S CHANYEOL!” The girls yelled around him and in a mere second, he was lost in a sea of people, hovering each other just to get a glimpse of Chanyeol who was standing in front of him, now only a few inches away since he got pushed because of the girls behind him and he was hyperventilating so bad he couldn’t even make out any coherent words to say to Chanyeol now that he has the chance to.

 

“I—I—“ He stuttered, staring at Chanyeol’s face, obviously too star struck to finish his words. Plus the yells are quite deafening to begin with.

 

“I told you not to blow up your disguise!” Chanyeol’s manager yelled and quickly pulled Chanyeol out of the crowd while some cops push the girls away.

 

Baekhyun gasped when he felt a hand gripping his and he looked down to see that the owner of the hand was no other than Park Chanyeol. He looked back up with a flushed face, his cheeks reddening at the body contact and at how warm Chanyeol’s hands were. “What’s your name?” Chanyeol yelled amidst the noise.

 

“M-my name…” Baekhyun whispered to himself, trying to process what was actually happening while trying hard not to shut his mind down at the same time. He was too overwhelmed, so awestruck that his idol, his celebrity crush, was right in front of him, holding his hand and asking what the hell was his name and he wanted to punch himself for not answering sooner. “I—“

 

“Dammit,” He heard Chanyeol curse with that honey-like voice of his as he slowly disappears into a number of girls crowding in between them and Baekhyun tried to sneak in to those bodies to see him again.

 

“CHANYEOL! PARK CHANYEOL!” Baekhyun yelled, pushing the girls away and stopped when he arrived in front, only to see Chanyeol walking to his van. “CH-CHANYEOL! I’M BAEKHYUN! MY NAME’S BAEKHYUN!” He yelled at the top of his lungs, hoping that Chanyeol heard him even at the noise the girls behind him were making. He tried to steady his breathing so he doesn’t faint and probably die right here and then while trying to process in his mind that he had just met Park Chanyeol and he has been the biggest idiot in the world.

 

--

 

“Close, open! Close, open!” Yixing repeated like a broken track record, entertaining the baby lying on his arms while annoying Kris at the same time. Kris tightens his grip on the stirring wheel, trying hard not to lose his temper. They have just left the hospital so he was trying to figure out what to do with that thing until the results are out. “Aww. You’re so cute!”

 

He finally turned to look at them and watched as Yixing coos the baby, making adorable ridiculous funny expressions to make the baby laugh while the baby held Yixing’s thumb with his cute tiny hands. Yixing looked up front that time. “Sir! The road!”

 

Kris immediately looked up, only to be greeted by a truck, and immediately turned the wheel to the left, careful not to hurt the baby and parked on the grass, just a few inches from the large tree. Yixing held the baby tightly in his arms. It was silent for a moment until the baby started crying. “Make it stop,” Kris breathed.

 

Yixing immediately rocked the baby on his arms. “Shhh. Baby, it’s okay. Don’t cry. Don’t cry. We’re fine. See? Daddy’s fine.”

 

Kris rolled his eyes and stepped out of the vehicle, slamming the door shut, startling Yixing. When the baby—still unnamed because Kris is a grumpy arrogant bastard—stopped crying, he placed him down on the passenger’s seat gently and followed Kris outside, behind the vehicle.

 

“Sir!”

 

“What?” Kris shot in exasperation.

 

“Is there something wrong? You nearly got us killed. What if something happened to the baby?”

 

“So? It’s not even mine.”

 

Yixing scoffs at the thought that Kris still refers to the baby as some inanimate object. “What if he’s yours?” Kris paused, caught off guard with the question. “Would you spend your life trying to push him away? Sir, he’s an innocent child. It’s not his fault that he was born in this world. At least maybe you can make him feel like he’s lucky to have you as his father even though his mother left him.”

 

Somehow, Yixing’s words seemed to have struck him in some way that he looked away only to notice that his car was suddenly meters away from them and that the car is still moving slowly. Yixing broke into a hysterical yell and pulled Kris with him to chase the car. “The baby!”

 

When Kris was finally able to get hold of the car door, he opened it and immediately pressed the power breaks. Yixing opened the door to the passenger seat and carried the baby out, cooing him into calmness as he rocks him on his arms. “Shhh. It’s okay. It’s fine now.”

 

Kris turned to them, face flushed. “How’s the baby?” Yixing paused at the question, looked up to see Kris’ worried face and then looked back at the baby, giggling happily. “What?” Kris asks. Yixing shook his head.

 

“It’s just that…you called him a baby.” Yixing replied with a wide genuine smile that Kris was convinced that these two, Yixing and the baby, are bad for him.

 

--

 

Tao was in-charge of collecting the news-paper that day, which was why he kept on laughing, because is that Jongin’s face and he remembered how Jongin boasted about being able to escape from the cops yesterday. Okay, maybe they did succeed in running but what’s the point when Jongin’s face is displayed on the news headlines along with the bolded letters that made up the words ‘SURPRISE FLASH MOB AT LOCAL MALL SPARKS ATTENTION FROM CITIZENS’. So, the police didn’t catch them, but their faces are all over the news and the internet. Tao smiles as he watches Jongin outside the house, cleaning his car while listening to Baekhyun’s story of how he met Park Chanyeol for the 18th time that day.

 

He can live with this kind of setting all his life.

 

--

 

“You look like you’re just my age, or younger, but you’re actually holding a bundle of folders. Interesting.” Baekhyun said from behind the camera, receiving a shy smile from the stranger he chose to interview this time.  “So…what would you do before The New Year’s Day?”

 

“Hmmm.” The stranger hummed, his large eyes blinking while thinking. “I’ll probably apologize to the person I’ve hurt the most…and try not to make the same mistake again.”

 

 

“THIS IS RIDICULOUS! ABSURD! PATHETIC!”

 

Kyungsoo jolted from his seat behind the cubicle when Jessica’s complaints echoed through the walls of their office.

 

“THE DEADLINE IS NEXT WEEK AND WE NEED THIS ADVERTISEMENT TO BE FRESH! WE NEED SOMETHING NEW!” Jessica paused when she came across their television where a certain face was presented in the news. Her lips curved into a grin. “Something hot. Where’s Kyungsoo? KYUNGSOO!”

 

Kyungsoo immediately dashed out of his cubicle. “Yes ma’am?”

 

“How long have you been working as an intern here?”

 

“Six months and 1 week, ma’am.”

 

“Do you want to work as a regular?”

 

“O-of course ma’am! I will do anything!”

 

Jessica snatched a newspaper from one of the staffs and shoved it on to Kyungsoo’s face. “Then find him.”

 

Kyungsoo took the newspaper and looked. His jaw dropped at the familiar face on the newspaper. “Th-this guy?”

 

“Yes, he’s become a hot topic because of that flash mob. I want him in our next advertisement.”

 

“B-but…”

 

“He’s perfect for it, you know. We need something hot for our advertisement.”

 

Kyungsoo knows that. Kyungsoo knows Jessica knows what she’s talking about, all the advertisements and marketing plans and all. But what he knows Jessica and a whole other workers don’t know is that this person, this guy Jessica’s asking him to find, this certain Kim Jongin, was his high school sweet heart or in a harsher word, his ex-boyfriend. The thought of having to meet him on business purposes scared him.

 

“Um…can’t you ask someone else to do this job?”

 

“Find him or get fired.” Jessica shot. “I want him here in two days!”

 

Kyungsoo choked, unable to reason any more when Jessica turned her back on them and walked away.

 

 

So, as the circumstances has led him, he found himself walking on the streets to a certain boarding house, as he referred to the information of Kim Jongin’s address his co-worker has helped him with. He fixed his clothes and his hair, clueless as to why he had to look presentable to someone he’s known for almost half of his life.

 

He was only a few meters away from the place when he noticed people crowding in front of the boarding house, their phones out to take pictures, and then he figured that Jongin really did attract this much attention. He walked closer, trying to squeeze himself into the crowd so he can find Jongin but given his height and his stature, he absolutely had zero percent of success.

 

“JONGIN!” Kyungsoo yelled, jumping up and down in hope for Jongin to notice him but to no avail. He groaned in disappointment and looked around, hoping for an idea to dawn over him. He saw a large tree and that’s when he realized he was as desperate as woman wanting to have bigger . He made his way towards the tree, brushed his hands together for friction, and started climbing up, throwing all his pride and dignity behind for the sake of his job.

 

“Jongin! Kim Jongin!” Kyungsoo yelled while climbing up, waving his hands, trying to catch Jongin’s attention. Jongin was impossibly deaf and it annoyed him but he can’t be annoyed at this time, no. He was down to his last step when suddenly he slipped and he shrieked and that actually made Jongin turned to him and then he fell and he was chanting prayers to heaven when he landed on strong bulky arms and he looked up only to face Jongin inches close.

 

“Kyungsoo?!”

 

“Hehehe.” Kyungsoo bit his lip and looked away awkwardly.

 

--

 

Minseok was taking off his apron, ordered to take the boxes of cups back in the stock room, when he spotted Luhan sitting by the beach, on a rock, alone with his loose sweater and his hair swaying by the pressure of the wind. He asked his co-worker to do his work instead and promised that he’ll pay him back. It was rather hard to communicate using an unfamiliar language but he’s lucky enough that the people in China can be quite helpful.

 

The sun was setting and Luhan looked magnificent with that shadow of his.

 

“Hey,” Minseok croaked as he takes a sit beside the latter.

 

Luhan turned to him with a smile. “Hey, Minseok,”

 

Minseok kind of felt happy that Luhan remembered his name. “What are you doing here? Alone?”

 

“Nothing. Just…thinking,” Luhan shrugged. “You’re Korean?”

 

Minseok nods. “Yeah. I came here to work. How about you? You don’t look Korean but you can speak our language.”

 

“Oh, I’m Chinese but I studied in Korea.”

 

Minseok nodded, taking in all of Luhan’s expressions, from amused, to happy, to sad, and breathes in all the words Luhan had said to him. “So, what are you doing here in Beijing? Business trip? Or—“

 

“I guess,” Luhan blurted out. “I’m running away,”

 

Minseok blinks at him in confusion. “What?”

 

Luhan, in return, smiled his confusion away. “Say, are you free tomorrow?”

 

--

 

Somewhere in the middle of Kris’ concentration on driving, the baby’s endless cries annoying the hell out of him and Yixing’s soft voice calming him down when actually it was intended for the baby, they end up staying at Yizing’s small and simple house. It wasn’t anything fancy but Kris found it cozy.

 

He was busy fiddling with a little furniture he found interesting that his memories of his childhood came back to him, that he remembered he had this alpaca stuffed toy, that he gave it a name, that he didn’t realize he was too engrossed with the thought that he blurted something out accidentally when Yixing arrived beside him. “How’s Ace?”

 

“Ace?” Yixing blinks at him. “Oh, the baby!”

 

No, actually, it was the alpaca.

 

“He’s fine,” Yixing giggled softly and Kris felt weird that he found it cute. “You gave him a name,”

 

Kris shrugged. “Yeah, well, it just came out.”

 

Yixing scoffed and nodded. “See? You’re still his father inside.”

 

Kris sighed, slammed his fists on the table and walked away, with Yixing obediently trailing behind him. He stopped by the balcony and leaned on the railings. “Why do you keep insisting that I’m the father?”

 

“Why do you keep on denying that you’re the father?”

 

Kris glared at him. “Look, when I was a kid, my father never appreciated anything I did. He was cruel. And I know that I won’t give that child the love he needs. You can keep him if you want. I’ll supply your financial needs,”

 

“SIR!” Yixing yelled desperately. “You’re not your father. You actually have the chance to prove him wrong this time, that even though he hasn’t been a good father to you, you can be a good father to your own son.”

 

“You don’t understand,”

 

“It’s you who doesn’t understand,” Yixing reasoned. “Look, stop shutting yourself out from the world. There are people around you who love you as much as you can. It’s not about business all the time. Why can’t you see that there are people who sincerely admire you as you are, who love you as you are? Like me, I’ve been in love with you since I started working in your company and even more now that your father assigned me to you and I should kill myself right now because I said something I shouldn’t have so bye.”

 

Yixing turned around to walk away and probably hide his embarrassment when a hand caught his, pulling him back, turning him around. He falls into Kris’ chest, and he felt like he fits there like how a key should fit into a keyhole. “What did you say?” Kris asks hoarsely with a smirk, more like a whisper, but sounding rather y and challenging.

 

Yixing bit his lip and looked down. “N-nothing.”

 

--

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat. “So, stranger-hyung! What would you do before The New Year’s Day?” He asks. The guy doesn’t seem that tall but is definitely older than him.

 

“Um….I—“ The guy stuttered while fiddling with the hem of his shirt. Baekhyun patiently waited for a proper response. “I want…I want to lose…my…you know.”

 

“Huh? What is it?”

 

“You know that thing you want to lose to someone.”

 

“What thing?”

 

The guy rubbed his neck and laughed awkwardly. “Never mind. It’s embarrassing.”

 

“Ehh come on! Say it!”

 

“That…thing…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Your V-card….”

 

“…oh.”

 

 

“I am 24 this year,” Junmyeon breathes out after sipping from his sugar-less mocha coffee.

 

“Mm-hm.” Jokwon hummed, not even glancing up to the older man who has his face glued on the counter, while wiping a few glasses 10 minutes before the shop opens. “And there are approximately 7 billion other people much much younger than you who don’t struggle on losing their ity,”

 

“Ouch,” Junmyeon murmured lazily. “I just…do I have a ‘don’t me’ sign above my head?”

 

Jokwon looks this time but he felt just as stupid to even try look for that sign. He shook his head and the door rings, indicating someone with a key had come in given that the shop is still closed for the next 5 minutes. Jaekyung came in, a load of scarves hung around his neck, and walked to them as she takes them off one by one. “You guys talking about something?” She asked as he stands in front of the mirror to tie her hair up.

 

“ity,” Jokwon supplied and Junmyeon felt a little bit hurt.

 

Junmyeon felt a hand on his shoulder. “Junmen babe, New Year’s Day is coming, and I tell you, you don’t want to celebrate another year as a .” Jaekyung said beside him, casually taking a seat as he sits up straight.

 

“You’ve been saying that even before all the news about New Year’s Day surfaced,” Junmyeon mumbled.

 

“ to be you.” Jaekyung said with a click on her tongue.

 

“Thanks,”

 

Jokwon was done wiping the glass now and he leaned on the counter opposite to the two. “I don’t get it. I mean, you had numerous girlfriends in the past, boyfriends even, but—“

 

“But I always end up getting cheated on,” Junmyeon finished it sadly.

 

Jaekyung tsk-ed. “Junmen babe you’re gorgeous but you know, that face can’t get you laid. Imagine me ing you, I’ll feel like I’m ing a woman because you look like a woman,”

 

Junmyeon gasped. “I do?” Jokwon was busy taking his laptop out from under the counter with Jaekyung leaning in closer to see that he looked like he was talking to the air. “Is that a bad thing?”

 

“Oh, honey, you’re so pitiful,” Jaekyung murmured while shaking her head.

 

“So, our point is that you need a man,” Jokwon blurted out, almost choking Junmyeon.

 

“A man?!”

 

“Yes, someone who contradicts that angelic face of yours.” Jokwon continued, eyes fixed on the laptop screen. “And we, your best friends, are here to help you, you know since your precious friend, Kyungsoo’s plan didn’t work out quite well.”

 

Junmyeon looked at them in confusion, slightly curious on what they are fuzzing about on the internet. “Help me how?”

 

Jokwon motions for him to come to their side and so he did. He looked away immediately, face red, when his gaze fell down on multiple pictures of men presented on the screen. “Oh my God what is that—“

 

“Stop being a and look,”

 

“But that’s—“

 

“This is why you don’t get laid. You’re 24 babe, you’re required to be used to these by now,” Jaekyung rolled her eyes and turned Junmyeon’s head to face the screen. “Now pick,”

 

“Are those—“

 

“Hosts yes,” Jokwon supplied while slowly scrolling down the images of men in their trunks, sometimes with nothing on at all, along with a price.

 

“But I don’t have money,”

 

“We’ll pay for it of course. As long as you get laid.” Jokwon flashed a proud smile. “Get laid or pay us back.”

 

Of course. He thought.

 

“How about this?”

 

“Too big.”

 

Jokwon and Jaekyung gave him a questioning look.

 

“I mean—his whole body is big, not just down there.

 

The two nodded in unison and continued. “Ohh, this one looks hot.”

 

Junmyeon glanced and instantly found himself unable to look away. Beside him, he can hear Jaekyung and Jokwong laughing and giggling and he heard them ask do you want him and somewhere on the guy’s dark hair, tantalizing eyes and kissable lips he heard himself answer yes, yes he’s perfect and yes I’ll get laid with him.

 

He missed Jaekyung and Jokwon’s high-five.

 

--

 

The next morning, Kyungsoo found himself standing at the porch of the boarding house Jongin was staying at, neatly dressed, his hair combed perfectly, eye shadow applied properly, his shoes shined and his clothes ironed. He did his best to look good but now that he’s in front of the door, waiting for Jongin to open, he felt like he hadn’t dressed enough even though he already looks like he was going to some bachelor party.

 

That was until Jongin opened the door, wearing a white shirt and black pants, that Kyungsoo felt over-dressed. And then he realized that after he told Jongin that he’ll do everything just to convince him to model for them, he should’ve dressed simply in case he will be required to do manual labor or something. He comes in and no one’s home, since it’s day time so most of the students are probably busy at the photocopier or trying to stay wake in the middle of class. College is fun.

 

He cleared his throat as he follows Jongin to the kitchen, since he doesn’t really have a plan in mind so he doesn’t know if he should start the conversation or what. “Okay, I’ll take the job.” Jongin sad out of the blue, choking Kyungsoo.

 

“P-pardon?”

 

“I’ll take the job.” Jongin repeated nonchalantly while washing the grains for lunch later.

 

Kyungsoo crooked his eyebrow in confusion. “You’re…not going to ask me…to do something?”

 

Jongin dropped the metal bowl and wiped his wet hands on his shirt. Then he slowly walked to Kyungsoo who was nervously walking back. “No. But I do have a lot to ask you.”

 

Kyungsoo gulped as he tries hard not to meet the younger’s gaze while nervously walking back every step Jongin takes closer to him. Until he felt wood behind him and he has nowhere to go. Jongin smirked, closing the distance between them, placing his arms on each side. “Why did you suddenly disappear?”

 

And then it all comes back to him, all their memories together, from high school to college, from being strangers to friends, from being best friends to lovers, all of it, including the promises their made to each other that he swore he’ll never break like how Jongin swore he’ll love him until the world ended.

 

“Why, Kyungsoo?”

 

“I…I’m sorry, I—“ He paused when Jongin suddenly moved away from him.

 

“It’s okay, take your time. I mean, you disappeared for a year, you probably have a lot of reasons in mind.” Jongin said casually while going back to cleaning the grains. “Do you still need anything?”

 

“What?”

 

“You only came here to convince me, right?”

 

I wanted to say sorry.

 

“Yeah…”

 

I’m sorry.

 

“I should go.”

 

--

 

“EHH NOONA PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! ONLY ONE TICKET! PLEASE!!!”

 

“I told you, the tickets are already sold out.”

 

“I KNOW THERE’S STILL ONE MORE THERE! YOU JUST HAVE TO KEEP LOOKING!”

 

The lady groaned in exasperation, slamming her fists on the table. “You know that Chanyeol is popular, you should’ve came here earlier!”

 

“I was caught in the traffic! NOONA PLEASEEE!!!”

 

“Look, even though I want to help you so much right now, there are no tickets left, okay? Now, bye.” The lady stood up from her seat, grabbed her bag, and stomped her way out.

 

“NOONAAAAAA—Aish.” Baekhyun pouted to nothing as he turns to Chanyeol’s large life-sized cut-out board, standing beside the ticket booth. He sighs into thin air, letting all his frustrations out. “Chanyeooool, what am I going to do? Why does it feel like the whole world is against us?” He feels extremely frustrated now that his only chance of going into the concert was to win the contest.

 

He winces and fishes his phone out when he felt it vibrating. He leaned on the cardboard and rested his arm over Chanyeol’s cardboard shoulder, looking as if he was actually putting his arm over Chanyeol’s actual shoulder, as his free hand lifts the phone to his ears. “Hey mom? What? On the 31st? Does it have to be on the 31stt? No, I mean, can’t you come the next day instead? I’m not into something, it’s just that I’ll be busy on the 31st, mom? MOM?!” He pulled the phone away and cursed inwardly. He sighed heavily as he slowly slid down to the floor, his hands grabbing on to Chanyeol’s cardboard legs. “Chanyeoool, I don’t think I will be able to see you. But what about our happy ending?”

 

Huhuhuhuhu.

 

--

 

“We’ve been together for five years now,” Luhan said, heads up, looking above the temple he wanted to visit. Minseok nods, taking in all of his stories, and trying to analyze it on his own, and he concluded that what Luhan is going through right now is what they call the infidelity phase where both parties just lose their faiths to each other but neither the love nor the admiration lessened. “He’s younger than me but he’s smart and charming.”

 

“Sounds like a catch,” Minseok comments with a chuckle.

 

Luhan smiled with him, leading the way inside the temple, with Minseok trailing behind him. “I don’t know where it started. It just…happened. A part of me says that it’s my fault because I get jealous when I see him work. I mean, I want to work too. I don’t want to stay inside the house and wait for him to come home.”

 

“I think in a relationship, both parties should have equal rights.”

 

“You’re right.” Luhan breathed. “But you know, I think it’s his way of getting back to me.”

 

“Getting back to you?”

 

“He’s still studying when we moved in together so I was the only source of income. I pay the bills, sometimes he divides his allowance. He told me that he’s going to work even harder so he can graduate with honors and get a nice job…so that I won’t have to worry about money anymore. Look at where it got him,”

 

Look at where it got you. Minseok wanted to say but he only nodded and smiled. “The way I see it, it’s just another one of those little misunderstandings. You’re still young. You’ll go through a lot more. But what’s important is you love each other. Don’t forget that. As long as it’s there, it’s worth to try to fix everything or else you’ll regret not even trying.”

 

Luhan thought for a moment, thought of the things he and his fiancé always agreed with—the color of the carpet, the location of the couch, the number of chairs, who gets to pay the bill this month, where to eat during their anniversary, what music to play on the stereo when they’re driving away to relieve stress and a lot more—and it occurred to him, that they complete each other, fill the broken holes within then and weren’t supposed to make the holes bigger. It was just another rock trying to knock the both of them and Minseok’s right…nobody can surpass the love the both of them have for each other. Nobody.

 

Luhan sighed and pulled Minseok’s hand.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“There’s a bar down the road!”

 

“What? Wait!”

 

--

 

The next morning was rather…troublesome for Junmyeon. Troublesome because this is the day, and literally day, the day he chose to get laid (wherein Jokwon and Jaekyung had to resist punching him in the face for booking a room in the hotel to use during the day which is really stupid by the way). He was on the place, standing in front of the motel, awkwardly holding the paper bag close to his chest when a security guard approached him.

 

“Sir? Do you have a reservation?”

 

“Huh? Uh…yeah,”

 

“Okay. Are you alone?”

 

Junmyeon’s eyes widened as he looked behind him. “Why, do you see anyone beside me?”

 

The guard had to resist the urge to face palm as he guides the scared Junmyeon inside the motel, muttering ‘tch. s’ under his breath.

 

To say that Junmyeon is scared would be an understatement, because he is extremely marvelously tremendously SCARED OF HIS LIFE. It’s his first time—inside a motel, alone, waiting for guy, more like a host, while staring at the lingerie Jaekyung packed for him—wait what. He snarled as he lifts the lingerie up, pulling the strings lightly as if they were going to tear any minute.

 

No way I’m going to wear that. He thought and threw the lingerie back to the paper bag. Instead, he settled with an oversized polo shirt and a pair of boxers and lay on the bed, staring at the boring ceiling, as he waits for the host to arrive.

 

Oh gods of the east, bless me and my pure soul, that it may find peace in the arms of a man I don’t even know.

Bless this man who is about to awaken me, that he may not have AIDS or any other blood borne disease.

And lastly, bless this bed, the site and the witness of my awakening.

 

And I pray, that this gorgeous man arrive soon, because I’m freaking the out—

 

He heard two loud knocks coming from the door.

 

He crooked his eyebrows. “So soon? Wow.” He shook his head and hopped off the bed, anxiously gripping on his shirt as he stands there, waiting for the door to fully open and when it did, he felt as if Adonis was reincarnated and he felt so lucky that this Adonis graced him with his presence. “Uh…” He stared in awe.

 

“Um, Kim Junmyeon?”

 

Junmyeon nodded, eyes still fixed on Adonis’ y eyes and kissable lips and what the hell.

 

“I’m…Chen,”

 

Junmyeon nodded blankly.

 

“You don’t talk much, do you? That’s okay. We won’t need any talking.”

 

OH MY GOD.

 

I FREAKING LOVE MY LIFE NOW.

 

A few seconds after that, he found himself staring straight at Chen’s chiseled body, those damn biceps, those chocolate abs, and just everything about this man just turns him on. He’s never been this excited all his life, then again his life is mostly composed of papers and reports and yadda yadda yadda. And it’s so wrong to want a man like this, someone younger than him, but the excitement Chen makes him feel convinced him that this is right, everything is right.

 

He’s lying back on the bed now, underneath this gorgeous man, whose atop of him, his arms on each side, pinning him down so ily, as he stares at those seductive eyes and seductive lips and seductive everything, his mind screaming take me now.

 

“Are you ready?” Chen asked him with that y tenor voice of his.

 

“Y-yes,”

 

Chen was leaning closer when Junmyeon chose that perfect time to pray. “Oh dear god please bless me oh god this is really happening,”

 

“Hey, relax?”

 

“Okay,”

 

Chen tried again and again Junmyeon keeps on ing himself. “It’s happeningggg oh my gooood,” Chen sighed. “I’m sorry, I’m okay now,”

 

Chen was leaning again when Junmyeon shut his eyes, cheeks red with blush. Chen sat up. “I can’t do this,”

 

Junmyeon snapped his eyes open in horror. “What? No! I’m ready! I’m perfectly ready! Come!”

 

“No…it’s just that,” Chen murmured, untangling Junmyeon’s legs around him. “I haven’t been honest with you. I’m not really a host.”

 

“What?”

 

“I—“ Chen paused as he slowly walks off the bed and into the couch in front. “I just need the money. I’m sorry.”

 

“Is this a scam? I knew it! You’re a scam—“

 

“No! No—wait—my parents are in jail, okay?” Jongdae blurted out in a lapse of judgment, stuffing his palms on his face. “I’m sorry, I don’t know what else to do.”

 

Junmyeon did not say anything. Yet. He just sat there, his hands limped on his lap, as he tries to decipher the man sitting before him. For the 24 years of his existence, he’s experienced being cheated on by his girlfriends 10 times, by his past boyfriends 15 times and by raffle tickets and payments 50 times. Basically, Junmyeon is an epitome of idiocy and gullibility who gives his trust to people so easily that people can cheat on him so easily as well.

 

But this Chen guy looked quite sincere though.

 

“I’m sorry, Junmyeon,”

 

Junmyeon wasn’t capable of fathoming the reason why he got when this man had mentioned his name.

 

Junmyeon sighed. “That’s life. I mean, we don’t always get what we want.” That’s for Chen and himself.

 

Chen looked up at him, confused.

 

“I mean,” Junmyeon continued. “That’s the beauty of it, we don’t know what we want until we get it. We thought we want something but then we realize it’s not for us, it’ll never be for us. And we’re unique individuals living their unique lives. You’ll never meet anyone with the same life as yours. So, we can’t really say that we’ve got it worse or they’ve got it worse because in the end, we all got it worse. That’s why we can freely say ‘this is my life’ because it is ours only.” He smiled at Chen. “Don’t break your heart about it. I’m sure you’re not the only one who’s in trouble in this world.”

 

Chen leaned on the couch, eyes staring straight to Junmyeon, as if he’ll find something there, as if he’d lost something if he looked away. Junmyeon is amazing. He can hear himself in his mind say.

 

Junmyeon shifted in between the bed sheets and smiled. “I should probably change.”

 

“Hey,” Chen called, stopping Junmyeon who’s walking to the bathroom. “I may not be able to give you the service you asked for right now, but,”

 

Junmyeon blushes.

 

“I can at least keep you company for the rest of the day,” Chen smirked. “What do you say about a date?”

 

Junmyeon almost choked in humid air. “D-date? You and me? I and you? Us?”

 

Chen nodded, quite amused by how Junmyeon was reacting.

 

Junmyeon inhaled deeply (smelling Chen’s cologne in the process) and nodded. “Okay.”

 

Well, that escalated quickly.

 

--

 

Minseok sighed through his glass as he leans by the bar, eyeing Luhan from the corner of his eyes, trying to fathom why he agreed to come when he knew he’d only end up being Luhan’s babysitter. Luhan was such a party animal. You wouldn’t even know at first sight until you actually see him unleashing the party animal inside him. He looked calm, relaxed, and demure but right now, Minseok can say the opposite. He knew the sun has already set and he knew they’ve been in the bar for more or less 5 hours now but what confused him was how much Luhan can hold his liquor. He was this close to dreamland (because yeah, sitting in the corner, trying to be a wallflower, is boring as hell) when he felt a hand on his shoulder and a strong smell of liquor that he snapped his eyes open. He saw Luhan looking down at him. “Hey~ why aren’t you dancing?”

 

Minseok shook his head and looked at that time. He leaned in closer to Luhan so the latter can hear him amidst the loud music. “Aren’t you tired?”

 

“I am!”

 

“Then let’s go back.”

 

“But—“

 

“Sir,” Minseok called. “Let’s go home.”

 

 

They arrived back at Luhan’s hotel an hour later that night, and all because Luhan was too tipsy to walk by himself that Minseok had to him, trying hard not to look stupid and ridiculous with all their limbs tangled together into a disoriented knot. He threw Luhan on the bed, who, in return, moaned in pain. “MEANIEEEE.”

 

Minseok rolled his eyes and fixed his clothes. “Are you fine on your own?”

 

He heard Luhan mumbling something unearthly so he did a double-take. It’s ridiculous how this person, whose kept his distance (not really) and whose shown how reserved he is, is now lying close to unconsciousness on the bed with his arms and legs sprawled in a tangled mess. Minseok sighed at the sight.

 

He pushed Luhan into position on the bed, placing his limbs into a comfortable position, took his shoes off and pulled the blanket over his body, where Luhan shifted on his own. And then he realizes that he wasn’t being paid for this kind of service. But it makes him happy inside, because he did something out of care and not just because of the money. It was probably uncalled for but he can’t help but sympathize with Luhan,

 

He was turning to leave when Luhan caught his hand and he looked down and found Luhan’s eyes staring at him. “What is it? Do you need anything else?”

 

“Thank you,” Luhan whispered. “You’re a good guy. Maybe if I met you before I met him…I wouldn’t be this hurt right now. I wouldn’t have to go through all of this just to forget.”

 

Then leave him. Minseok wanted to say but it’s not something for him to say.

 

“Why would you forget?” Minseok replied. “Pain makes us stronger.”

 

“I know.”

 

Minseok was caught in the latter’s eyes, sadness and loneliness. Luhan was lonely.

 

He snapped when he heard a sudden gasp coming from the latter’s mouth and Luhan sat up, retracting his hand and tapping his wrist. “My bracelet!”

 

“What?”

 

“My bracelet’s missing! It was right here! I was wearing it!” Luhan yelled in panic, flipping the covers and the pillows to look for the said bracelet.

 

“Maybe it fell when we were coming in…” Minseok mumbled, looking around to help Luhan look for his bracelet. He didn’t even know he was wearing a bracelet until this moment. He checked under the covers, under the bed, even on the drawers but nothing. He can feel that Luhan is close to crying even though he doesn’t see him. He was walking to the door when he felt like he stepped on something hard. He moved his foot and saw something shining on the floor and picked it up. “This one?”

 

In a mere millisecond, the bracelet on his hand disappeared, snatched away by Luhan. “Oh thank god!”

 

Minseok snickered when he saw Luhan cradling the little bracelet as if it was a new born baby. “Seems like it’s very important to you?”

 

“My fiancé gave it to me.” Luhan replied with a shy smile.

 

Of course he did. Minseok thought.

 

“Well, then, I should go.”

 

“Wait.”

 

“What?”

 

“C-can you stay? I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep without someone beside me. I think I’m used to my fiancé watching me until I fall asleep.” Luhan said with a slight chuckle.

 

“But I have to go.”

 

“Please? I promise I’ll fall asleep quick!”

 

“Sir,”

 

“And I-I’ll pay you or I don’t know, take you out for breakfast tomorrow, I just—“

 

“Luhan,”

 

Luhan stared at him.

 

“I’m not your fiancé.” Minseok turned around and walked out the door, leaving Luhan dumbfounded.

 

It took a lot of nerves for Minseok to say that but he’s got a thousand more nerves than all of the machines’ horsepower combined. Because he’s been there before and he knows it’s not for him to go back to.

 

He was walking down the stairs to the pool when he felt his phone vibrate. He stopped midway to answer an international call from his mother.

 

“Hey, mom,” Minseok leaned on the railings. “I don’t think I will be able to come back for New Year’s Day. My money is not enough. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to come back before his birthday.” He smiled to himself. “Have you taken your pills? Yes. Yes. Okay. I promise I’ll be home for his birthday. Bye. I miss you mom.” He sighed and hung up the phone. The homesickness was inevitable but he feels empty without his family. It’s just not the same. 

 

“Minseok,”

 

Minseok turned around and saw Luhan two steps above him, looking down on him.

 

“I want to say…I’m sorry,”

 

“For what?”

 

“For putting you up with this. I’ll be honest with you. I tried to run away. I really tried to run away. But I can’t. I don’t know what to do.” Luhan lowered his head. “I love him but I don’t want this. I don’t want to go back here after a month or so, crying and running away from the same thing over again. I want it to end but at the same time I don’t.”

 

Minseok walked up to him and held him close to his chest, patting his back.

 

“I understand,” Minseok murmured. “You expect him to change. You expect for everything to change that’s why you can’t let go. You know that day will come but you’re tired of waiting. You can’t let go. So, don’t.”

 

Luhan sniffed on his chest. “I’m sorry…”

 

--

 

Junmyeon and Adonis Chen spent the rest of the day strolling in the mall, window-shopping because they don’t have any money and trying on clothes they’re not even planning on buying. It’s just one day of letting all of their problems fall behind their shoulders. All the insecurities and the likes are long gone for the day. Junmyeon thinks it’s nice to have someone to do this with, someone who wouldn’t judge him, someone who has it worse as him.

 

“Junmyeon~”

 

Junmyeon turned his head and felt a finger pressing on to his cheek. Chen laughed at him.

 

And yes, Junmyeon kind of needed this.

 

“Hey, hey, try this on!” Chen pulled him to a stall. Junmyeon stood there, watching Chen as he goes through the accessories displayed, his facial expression changing every minute that it amuses Junmyeon. He snapped when he felt a something on his head and realized Chen had made him wear a headband. “It suits you!”

 

Junmyeon turned to the mirror and saw kitten ears on his head. He pouted angrily at Chen who was playing with the ears. “What do you mean it suits me…?”

 

“Because you look like a kitty. So cute.”

 

Junmyeon looked away to hide his blush. It confuses him that he feels this way towards a stranger or to put it simpler, that a stranger can make him feel this way, especially given his age. Yeah, he’s not that old, but most people his age today have gone past this stage. It’s absurd to think he was just starting. But nonetheless, it’s the best feeling.

 

“Hey! Junmyeon!”

 

Junmyeon looked around to see where Chen was yelling from and found him standing beside a huge nutcracker displayed for The New Year’s Day season that was not taken down yet. He snorted at how small he looked like standing it but he was one to talk since he’ll probably look like an ant. He walked slowly to him, caught off guard when Chen pulled him by the arm. So, it wasn’t the nutcracker but the shop beside it. Junmyeon’s face lit up at the chocolates displayed, different kinds, types and sizes. He even started to think of how nice it would be to live inside this shop and have unlimited supply of chocolates…until his imagination sidetracked to how nicer it would be to these chocolates off of Chen’s abs. He cleared his throat to shoo away the dirty thoughts (it seems to be inevitable at his age).

 

“Do you want some?” Chen asked.

 

Junmyeon nodded unconsciously. “I mean—no, you don’t have to buy me some or something…”

 

“No, it’s okay. I have some money here,”

 

“Chen, you need the money more than I do. It’s not wise to spend it on something like this.”

 

Chen sighed in defeat. “I’m sorry…I wanted to give you a proper date but I don’t have enough money.”

 

“Hey, we don’t need money to have a date.” Junmyeon smiled sheepishly. Chen thought it was so beautiful he was close to getting blinded.

 

“PARK CHANYEOL’S CONCERT! TOMORROW, DECEMBER 31, LET’S SPREAD OUR LOVE EVERYONE!"

 

Chen turned his head to the source of the advertisement.

 

An idea came in.

 

“Hey, I have to go now,”

 

“Already?”

 

“How about we meet tomorrow?”

 

“Huh—“

 

“I’ll pick you up at five!”

 

“Where—“

 

“Just wear something comfortable, okay?!” Chen turned to run.

 

“Wait…” Junmyeon whispered, staring helplessly as Chen disappeared in to the crowd. “Isn’t it already New Year’s Day tomorrow?”

 

 

--

 

“KYUNGSOO!!!”

 

Kyungsoo jumped up as soon as he heard Jessica’s pissed yell from the couches in front of the photoshoot set. He immediately ran over. “Y-yes ma’am?”

 

“Where’s the model?! We’re supposed to start 15 minutes ago!”

 

“Uh…he’s still changing, ma’am.”

 

“Changing?! He’s still changing?!” Jessica yelled in exasperation. “How many hours does he need to change?!”

 

“I’m going to check on him ma’am!”

 

“WELL HURRY!”

 

Kyungsoo immediately ran to the dressing room, barging in in panic that he accidentally saw Jongin topless (at least he was sure he was topless because he doesn’t have the guts to stare down there) and immediately ran back outside, shutting the door, eyes still widened (as if his eyes weren’t big enough).”Um…J-Jongin, are you done yet? Miss Jessica is getting mad. She said you’re taking too long. Jongin—“

 

The door shut open and revealed a fully dressed (okay not really, just dressed with a white shirt and boxer shirts) Jongin. “I’m done.”

 

Kyungsoo was practically glued to the wall beside the door wherein Jongin found it amusing and adorable (mind you, adorable is one of Kyungsoo’s most hated words) that he couldn’t hide his smirk. But as the good soul he is, he saved Kyungsoo from the burden of having to awkwardly start an awkward conversation given their awkward positions so he walked first. He can feel Kyungsoo following close behind him.

 

The set was nothing special, it was expected since they’re probably not endorsing some sort of high-tech boxers (whatever that is) or cars that are specially designed for ual pleasures (again, whatever that is). Jongin can’t recognize the faces standing before the set (and probably waiting for him too) but he can tell that Miss Jessica is the one sitting cross-legged on the couch along with two more women, fanning herself, looking like an Ice Princess with that blonde hair she was sporting. Yeah. Definitely Miss Jessica.

 

The crew lead him to a spot wherein they took off his shirt. “I’m going ?” He turned to Kyungsoo.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. “You’re modeling a brand of underwear; of course you’ll be . What is this, Kyungsoo? You didn’t orient him?”

 

“A-ah, I did, but I think he forgot,” Kyungsoo walked over to Jongin. “Please just let them do their work?” He pleaded, biting his lips.

 

Jongin sighed. “Fine,”

 

Kyungsoo walked back to his spot, giving Jongin a reassuring smile. The photo shoot started and Jongin started with a few awkward poses, always glancing at Kyungsoo every now and then that it annoys the photographer how he doesn’t look at the lens. After a few runs, Jongin seemed to have gotten the hang of it since Kyungsoo realized he has become more relaxed.

 

He forgot how much he missed him and what they had, from neighbors, to friends, to best friends, to high school sweethearts to…this. He didn’t even realize how much time had passed, how much it has passed since their last meeting. In fact, one wouldn’t even call it the last meeting since he didn’t show up when he was supposed to.

 

Just like other people, Kyungsoo realized he wouldn’t have the life he wished for with Jongin. Yes, Jongin’s a dreamer, but only until that. No attempts to fulfill his dreams. No risks.

 

“What’s the problem now?”

 

Jessica’s voice pulled him from his thoughts.

 

“Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo immediately walked towards Jongin who seemed to be having an argument with one of the staffs. “What’s wrong?” He asked.

 

“He won’t take his pants off.” The staff answered.

 

Jongin stared in disbelief. “I’m not gonna take my pants off! This is insane.”

 

“Jongin, please, just this one time.”

 

“Just this one time? And afterwards, what? I agreed to this because I want to have a talk with you. I’m not gonna stand here and let all of you order me around, tell me what I have to do. I’m not a puppet, unlike you.”

 

The words strung him hard but he didn’t have time to reflect when he felt Jessica walking up towards them.

 

“You don’t have a choice. It’s either you do what we want you to do, or we’ll sue you. I’m sure you wouldn’t want that given your economic status?” Jessica said, crossing her arms.

 

“Oh yeah?” Jongin took a step back. “Watch me.” He turned to leave.

 

“No! Jongin, wait!” Kyungsoo, of course, was fast to grab his arm. “I promise this will be the only time you’ll do this. Please, just help me this once.”

 

“Are you out of your mind?” Jongin’s words surprised him. “You’re asking me, the person you left for this years ago, to help you?”

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t seem to find the correct words to say because first and foremost, this whole thing was selfish.

 

“I don’t care about whatever past you two had but,” Jessica stood in front of them. “Like I said Jongin, you can’t run from the contract you signed. Kyungsoo, show him what the contract says.”

 

Kyungsoo gulped, “Um, Ms. Jessica, a-about the contract…” He stuttered, obviously too scared to talk straight.

 

“What?”

 

“I…” Kyungsoo bit his lip. “I forgot to make him sign the contract.”

 

Jessica’s eyebrows rose in confusion and annoyance. “You forgot to make him sign the contract?” She repeated sternly in disbelief. “HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE?! YOU FORGOT TO MAKE HIM SIGN THE CONTRACT?!?!”

 

“Miss, I’m really sorry, it slipped out of my mind—“

 

“YOU ARE SO IRRESPONSIBLE! THE CONTRACT IS VERY IMPORTANT IN OUR BUSINESS BUT YOU FORGOT TO MAKE HIM SIGN THE CONTRACT!”

 

Jongin stepped forward. “Stop yelling at him! It’s not his fault!”

 

“AND WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! YOU’RE JUST A RANDOM DANCER WHO TOOK OVER THE MEDIA! WHAT? YOU THINK YOU’RE SOME KIND OF STAR NOW?!”

 

Kyungsoo withheld him with a hand on his arm. “Jongin, stop, don’t yell at Ms. Jessica.”

 

“You’re crazy!” Jongin yelled to Kyungsoo. “Do you even hear yourself? You’re not the Kyungsoo I knew!” He turned to leave, this time for real, and this time there was no hand to stop him. Kyungsoo watched him go, he knew he was wrong but that one wrong won’t stop him from wanting to achieve his goal of a stable life. He needs this job, he made enough sacrifices, he can make some more.

 

But why does it hurt so much?

 

His feet moved on their own. Before he knew it, the pain was too unbearable that he couldn’t seem to let go of that one person he already let go once, that he just needed to run after him and ask him why it hurts so much.

 

“Jongin, wait!”

 

But Jongin wasn’t stopping.

 

Kyungsoo ran faster until close enough to grab hold of Jongin’s arm.

 

“Please, let me talk.”

 

“What else do you need to say? Look, I don’t need to hear anything from you now. You’ve already proven how important this job is for you, how you would exchange your happiness just to work for someone who doesn’t even appreciate you and all the things you do? If you want this, then fine.”

 

“Jongin, I—“

 

“You know what? I came here in Seoul to see why you’re so obsessed with your work that you had to cut all contacts with me, that you had to forget all those years with me. And I see it now,” Jongin threw his arms. “Congratulations,”

 

There was no excuse for Kyungsoo. He knew his faults but he didn’t know that having someone say it to him right on his face would bring this much guilt in him. It was inevitable so to say, but he wasn’t ready and he will never be. He wanted to apologize but a simple sorry wouldn’t change anything, not even the pain he caused to Jongin for years of disappearance, without even a single goodbye.

 

This is pain.

 

And he deserves it.

 

--

 

“Minseok!”

 

Minseok flinched. He turned to the manager who seemed to be having a bad day (since when were managers all smiles anyway?). He walked slowly. “Yes, sir?”

 

“Where were you all day yesterday? We had so many customers here! The staffs present weren’t enough! I pay you for your work not for your absences!”

 

Luhan was walking down the hallway to the entrance when the yells caught his attention. When he turned his head and saw that Minseok was getting a lecture from the manager, he ordered the bellboy to walk first with his luggage and then approached them.

 

“This will be the last time, Minseok! Do you want to go home without a single penny—“

 

“Um, excuse me.” All heads turned to Luhan.

 

The manager’s expression instantly softened seeing a valuable customer. “Oh, good morning, sir.”

 

Luhan smiled. “Sorry for interrupting but I just want to thank one of your staffs here, Minseok, for helping me yesterday. He was really a great help. And very patient too! I am impressed.”

 

The manager was obviously surprised seeing as how he glanced from Luhan to Minseok. “Uh…well, we are pleased to have served you.”

 

Luhan smiled his usual blinding smile. He nodded and then turned to leave. Minseok watched him go, contemplating inside his head whether to follow him or not when the manager spoke again.

 

“Keep up the good work, then,”

 

As soon as the manager left, he immediately walked outside to catch up to Luhan, remembering what day it is today.

 

“Luhan!”

 

Luhan stopped in front of the van and turned around.

 

“You’re leaving?”

 

“My flight’s at 11 am.”

 

“Why?”

 

There was a short pause. “I thought about what you said last night. It’s true, I expect him to change that’s why I couldn’t leave him. And I love him. I love him so much that even thinking of leaving him hurts.” Luhan smiled. “He’s always been there for me. When we fight, he’ll always come looking for me. I was just too obsessed with having to prove myself to him or something that I forget how much sacrifice he has made for me.”

 

Minseok expected this to say the least.

 

“Thank you, Minseok,”

 

Yes, he kind of liked him.

 

But there is far greater love than meeting a stranger on vacation.

 

“I’m glad,” Minseok nodded and smiled. “Goodluck, Luhan. Although, I do hope you come back here soon.”

 

Luhan laughed. “Don’t worry, when I do, I’ll be bringing him with me.”

 

--

 

Baekhyun jumped on his bed lazily, feeling like all his energy has been drained as soon as his body landed on the soft sheets of his bed. Going through places just to interview some people was really tiring and seeing how all of this is pointless since he wouldn’t be able to come to the concert anyway. There was a knock on his door but he was too tired to stand up to open.

 

The door opened and Tao walked inside with a cheeky grin. “Guess what I have behind my back?”

 

“What?”

 

“TA-DAAA!!!” Tao revealed the ticket he purchased earlier. “I was walking by the ticket booth and remembering how hectic your schedule is, I decided to buy one for you!”

 

Baekhyun just stared at the ticket.

 

“Hyung? What’s wrong? Aren’t you happy?” Tao asked while sitting on the bed.

 

Baekhyun stood up slowly while heaving a heavy disappointed sigh. “I should be but I can’t come. Mom’s coming tomorrow and she insists that both of us come to pick her up at the airport and spend the rest of the day listening to her stories.”

 

“Oh that’s right. Did you talk to her? Why don’t you just tell her?”

 

“I did but she said no, we don’t even see each other often, now I won’t even agree to spend the 31st with her. She just started scolding me!”

 

Tao laughed. “Well, she is old. Old people tend to be really emotional.” He sighed this time. “Anyway, too bad. Guess you’ll just have to watch the concert on TV.”

 

“As usual,” Baekhyun lied back down the foam. He stayed like that for about a minute, even when Tao left, trying to think of what he should do tomorrow. He was so close. He was finally going to see Park Chanyeol but then something just has to come up and put a boundary in between success and failure.

 

I mean, why is it so hard to meet him, even just this once?

 

It’s not like he’s going to get married with him after the concert (although that would be nice). Anyway, Park Chanyeol is just a crush (okay maybe a little bit of love sprinkled somewhere) and it wouldn’t hurt as much to let him just see him up close while singing (and sweating, maybe, that would be hella hot) just once. Just once, or maybe twice, thrice would be nice too. Research shows that fans who see their idols more often can be trained to become coherent and behaved, the results being less crazy fans and more mature, educated fans.

 

Not sugar-coating.

 

Too depressed, he decided to distract himself with anything on the internet, since everything in the web is distracting anyway. He grabbed his laptop but as soon as the desktop appeared, his brother called on Skype. He immediately answered the video call and in less than a minute, the soft features of his brother graced his laptop. He didn’t realize how much he missed his brother by seeing him like this. Maybe having some family time tomorrow wouldn’t be so bad.

 

“Minseok hyung!”

 

“Hey, where were you all day? I’ve been waiting.”

 

“Sorry hyung, been busy.”

 

“I’ve been busy too. So, what was it you wanted to ask me that it needs to be on Skype?”

 

“It’s for some video I’m making.”

 

“Oh, that makes sense. So, how should we do this? It’s about New Year’s Day right?”

 

Baekhyun nodded. “What you would do before New Year’s Day.”

 

Minseok leaned closer, humming a tune while thinking of the perfect answer. “Well,” He started. “Instead of spending it with my lover, which I don’t have, I think spending it with your family would be better.  Most people think in this generation, New Year should be spent with your lovers, you know, those kissing at midnight stuff, but for me I think it’s a great time to spend it with your family, to celebrate a new year with all your loved ones standing behind your back, supporting you, and always loving you no matter what, even after many years have passed. It’s a great time to spend the day with my family. So, what I would do? I’d go home.”

 

 

--

 

December 31

 

This is the day.

 

Junmyeon thought as he walks in the shop, surprised to see banners and balloons and flowers everywhere, decorated as if they were surprising some birthday celebrant which might be the case but then again nobody celebrates their birthday here and the banner says “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU’RE NOT A ANYMORE!”

 

He glared at Jaekyung and Jokwon who are obviously the culprits.

 

“What the hell—“

 

“CONGRATULATIONS FOR FINALLY GETTING LAID!” Jaekyung and Jokwon yelled in unison.

 

Junmyeon sighed. “I didn’t…we didn’t have .”

 

The energy died down in an instant.

 

“WHAT.”

 

Junmyeon dropped his bag on the steel chair and sat. “It turns out he really wasn’t a host---“

 

“OH MY GOD! A SCAMMER!”

 

“No, let me finish!” Junmyeon said. “He wasn’t a host. He only needed money because his parents are in jail.”

 

Jokwon backed away. “I think I know where this is going.”

 

“Guys—“

 

Jaekyung shook his head. “Oh Junmen babe.”

 

“I can’t believe you. We just spent pennies for you and you decided to become a Good Samaritan?” Jokwon asked, trying to justify an argument.

 

“Come on guys, there was nothing I could do. I’m sure if you’ve seen the look on his face when—“

 

“Here we go again,” Jaekyung interrupted. “Junmyeon, this is why you never get laid. You have to stop thinking everybody looks like a puppy.”

 

“But his eyebrows were like this,” Junmyeon imitated by crooking his eyebrows cutely. “And his lips were pouting like this,” He continued with a pout.

 

Jaekyung stared for a moment before shaking her head. “I don’t see how that looks like a puppy,”

 

Jokwon slammed his fist on the table, startling the two. “Well, past is past. You have to start earning for that debt,”

 

“Wait, actually,” Jumyeon hesitated for a bit but seeing as there was no harm… “We’re going on a date tonight.”

 

His friends gasped in unison. “BEFORE THE NEW YEAR’S DAY?! YOU FINALLY HAVE A DATE FOR NEW YEAR’S DAY?! KYAAAAA!!!!”

 

Junmyeon laughed and covered his ears. “Yeah,”

 

“WE’RE SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!”

 

He was too.

 

6 hours ago.

 

Junmyeon keeps on wondering, over and over and over again, what he did in the past to deserve such bad luck.

 

“He’ll come.” The janitor, whom he doesn’t even know the name, told him before walking to the storage room.

 

“He’s not coming,” He replies into thin air. “He abandoned me.” Lady luck abandoned me. The world hates me. I’m going to spend another year being a .

 

Jaekyung slowly walks over, holding a glass of wine from the staff’s mini-celebration earlier before they were dismissed to spend the rest of the evening with their families, and contemplates whether it’s alright to approach Junmyeon at his vulnerable state. Jokwon came up behind her and softly pushes her towards Junmyeon.

 

“Uh, Junmen babe?” Jaekyung calls while slowly sitting beside Junmyeon whose eyes remained fixed outside the window. “I brought you some wine.”

 

“I don’t need wine. I need someone to celebrate New Year’s Day with but obviously that’s not happening so I’ll just take the wine.” Junmyeon lazily snatches the wine from Jaekyung’s hand while still not bothering to turn his head away from the window.

 

“Come on, Junmen, it’s still early.”

 

And that made him turn. “It’s two hours before midnight. I’ve been waiting for 6 hours and you’re telling me it’s still early? EARLY?”

 

Jaekyung raises her palms. “I give up.”

 

“And I’m going home.” Junmyeon says while standing up and walking to his desk.

 

Jaekyung turns to Jokwon who was asking for an explanation but she just shrugs at him.

 

--

 

Yixing taps his food nervously while keeping the baby relaxed on arms. It’s almost midnight and he doesn’t really know why his boss, Kris, decided to drive to the adoption center at this hour but he really didn’t have to time to ask for an explanation given that Kris was pressuring him to hurry up. But that said bastard wouldn’t even show up early. So now, he’s waiting for him at the condo’s lounge, checking the clock every now and then, silently hoping that he doesn’t spend New Year’s Day in the streets, riding in Kris’ car. Though it sounds kind of nice.

 

He looks around and spots Kris (coolly) walking towards them, wearing a white top inside his black coat matched with his black pants and his hair gelled up, emphasizing his glorious facial features. Yixing gulps. This is like falling in love with him all over again but the thought of not being to have him saddens him.

 

Yixing immediately stands up to greet his boss. “Good evening, sir.”

 

“Why are you being so formal? We’re not at work.”

 

“Uh,” Yixing wanted to say something but the sudden proximity (plus the smell of Kris’ perfume) had left him speechless.

 

“Come on.” Kris tilts his head before walking first. Yixing immediately collects the baby’s things before following close behind Kris.

 

It was only when they were getting ready inside the car that Yixing had the guts to ask, “Why did you decide to go to the adoption at this hour, sir?”

 

“Stop calling me, sir,” Kris tells him but Yixing was too occupied securing the belts around the baby at the back seat that he did not even notice it. “And what’s wrong with this hour?”

 

Yixing made sure the baby’s comfortable enough with his position before settling on his seat and replying. “I don’t know. It seems off. I mean, everyone’s celebrating, but here you are, putting a baby into adoption.”

 

Kris smirks as he starts the engine.

 

--

 

Kyungsoo walks around in circles awkwardly. He notices the odd stares he gets from the passers-by and the tenant who can see him from their windows but that’s none of his concern at the moment. Although the time he chose to do this thing is quite odd given that it’s less than two hours before midnight and he should be celebrating somewhere, but again, that’s none of his concern. He knew he did wrong and he can’t let another year open with a weight in his heart. He has to talk to Jongin.

 

He hears the door open and in panic turns around, hoping it isn’t Jongin. He waits until he sees a shadow pass by and sighs in relief. What am I doing? He thinks. I shouldn’t be scared. Yeah, Kyungsoo, this is no time to be a coward.

 

“Baekhyun hyung! Wait for me—huh?”

 

You can do this Kyungsoo.

 

You’re a man.

 

It’s time you do something for yourself.

 

He inhales deeply, trying to pulling all the positive energy around him before finally deciding that he’s ready to knock on the door and ask for Jongin. Okay. He turns around only to be greeted by a tall man who looks scary enough to eat him up staring down at him. “Hello!”

 

“AHH!”

 

The tall man backed up immediately. “Whoa! Sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.”

 

“W-what do you want?”

 

“I’m Tao, I live here and I noticed you hanging around. Are you going to inquire? The land lady is not here today so maybe you can come back some other t—“

 

“No!” Kyungsoo waves his hand in panic. “I mean, no, I…” Go on Kyungsoo. “I’m looking for Jongin?”

 

Tao raises his eyebrows in surprise. “Oh! Jongin!”

 

Kyungsoo nods. “Is he around?”

 

“Yeah! Wait here. I’ll call him!”

 

“NO!” Kyungsoo yells in panic as he tries to reach Tao’s who’s already walking back to the door when suddenly the door opens.

 

“Tao, you forgot the keys—“

 

“Jongin! Great timing!”

 

Kyungsoo paused the same time Jongin did as Tao runs up the stairs to grab the keys. “He was looking for you.”

 

This has to be the most awkward state the both of them have ever been yet.

 

“TAO! COME ON! WE’RE GONNA BE LATE!” Baekhyun yells from the car. Tao pats Jongin in the back before running down the stairs, leaving the two confused men to deal with the awkwardness on their own. Kyungsoo gulps.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jongin asks and that must be the coldest Kyungsoo has seen him yet.

 

“I just want to talk.”

 

“We have nothing to talk about.” Jongin immediately walks back inside, shutting the door behind him.

 

I should chase after him. But his feet are glued to the ground. What should I do now? I can’t just barge in and run after Jongin, begging him to let me explain. I can’t—no wait. I can.

 

I can.

 

Kyungsoo inhales deeply before pushing the door open. He was greeted with surprised faces of the students studying and hanging around the lounge but this is really no time to back out. He turns his head on the railings of the second floor and spots Jongin’s back. He bows to the students in apology for disturbing them and immediately runs up the stairs. “Jongin!” He yells while trying to avoid bumping into some tenants walking down.

 

“Go home, Kyungsoo.” Jongin yells back before shutting the door of his room, locking Kyungsoo out.

 

“Jongin, we have to talk!” Kyungsoo insists but Jongin doesn’t think of opening the door for him. He was losing hope. This was his only shot for patching it up with Jongin, for explaining his side, but it seems like there’s no way for it to happen if Jongin himself doesn’t want his presence near him. He was in the verge of crying when a hand tapped his shoulder.

 

He turns beside him and sees two or three people watching him. “Run at the side of the house and climb up his window. There’s no way he’ll be able to lock you out.” Kyungsoo doesn’t know him or anyone in this house but he’s grateful that they can see and feel how much this means to him.

 

He hugs the guy, saying thank you’s over and over again before running back down, out of the door, and into the side of the house like what the guy instructed him to do. He spotted Jongin’s window easily thanks to some of the students who pointed at it from their own windows. He immediately grabbed the wooden stairs leaning on the wall and climbed up carefully.

 

When he was finally on the level of Jongin’s window, he saw him fixing his clothes in front of the mirror. He knocked on the glass and Jongin turned to him, shocked. Jongin immediately slid the window open but before Kyungsoo can even say anything, Jongin beat him to it. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!”

 

“I need to talk to you!”

 

“And you had to climb up my window?!”

 

“That tells you something, doesn’t it?”

 

Jongin stares at him and he remembers the many times Kyungsoo has shown that expression to him. And in his heart he can’t deny, that he’s worried for the latter. He moved slightly to the side. “Get in before you fall.”

 

Kyungsoo immediately jumps in carefully, fixing his clothes in the process. Jongin leaned on his closet, staring at him. “What did you want to talk about?”

 

Kyungsoo looks up slowly. “I resigned. I quit my job,” Jongin opened his mouth to say something so Kyungsoo immediately added, “You’re right. I was stupid. I made a wrong choice leaving you. I…” He finds his words slowly disappearing but he has to make this right, he has to. “I had so many dreams. I wanted to be successful. I wanted to make a name for myself. I wanted…to feel important. What I did wrong was…I failed to realize that I have already achieved all of that with you.”

 

There’s always something about the way Kyungsoo always knows what to say and do that makes Jongin forget about all the heartbreaks he has felt in the past and even until now, he can’t deny, that his weakness, instead of slowly combusting, is growing stronger by the minute Kyungsoo stays in his room.

 

“I’m not asking you to forgive me. I just want to let you know that a day never went by without me thinking of you, of us, and what we should’ve been. I didn’t expect for us to end up in this situation and no one should be blamed but me.” Kyungsoo waits for an answer but even when a minute has passed, all Jongin did was stare at him and he’s not really good at reading minds. “Jongin?” He hears Jongin sigh and flinches a bit. He bites his lip, contemplation where this is a good time to go but then he remembered that his presence isn’t even welcome here to he slowly walks back. “I guess…I should go then?”

 

It hurts that even he has closed the door behind him, Jongin didn’t say anything, like his words were nothing. But what did he expect anyway? For Jongin to forgive him and embrace him? He knew it’s not possible, especially after everything that has happened, but he had a little hope inside.

 

He sighs. He’s back outside now, back where he should’ve been. Thinking about going home like this when everyone’s celebrating New Year feels kind of lame. But he doesn’t really have anywhere else to go.

 

--

 

“So, how long have you been in love with me?”

 

If Yixing was the one driving, he had already bumped the car against a tree. He covers his face with his palms to hide his blush. “Don’t ask me that.”

 

Kris glances at him and smirks. “Why not?”

 

“Why do you even wanna know? It’s not like it’s important anyway.”

 

“Don’t cover your face, Yixing.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Did you just tell me to shut up?”

 

“No, no, I didn’t mean to!” Yixing drops his hands panics and is immediately greeted by Kris’ smirk. He groans as he leans back on his chair, with Kris laughing at him. “This is so embarrassing,” He slightly perks up when he notices the area. “Wait, this isn’t the way to the adoption center,” He then turns to Kris who kept his eyes on the road. “Sir? Where are we going?”

 

Kris smirks, something that tells Yixing something is definitely going to happen, when Kris pulled over at the side. Yixing looked up front and realized they’re in the parking lot of a city stadium, where a concert is obviously happening judging by the amount of people coming in.

 

“What are we doing here?” Yixing asks.

 

“I’m not putting the baby into adoption.”

 

Yixing gapes. “REALLY?!”

 

Kris turns to him. “But I can’t take care of him on my own.”

 

“You can hire a babysitter!”

 

“I was thinking you could take care of him w—“

 

“OH! You want me to be his babysitter! I’m fine with that!”

 

“Yixing.”

 

“That’d be awesome—“

 

“Yixing.” Kris, as he was left with no choice, grabbed Yixing’s shoulders to keep him in one place. “I want you to take care of him with me.” He says in all seriousness, enunciating the italics for greater emphasis.

 

Yixing blinks at him. “Oh?”

 

Kris stares at him.

 

“Oh. OH. Ohhhh.” Yixing finally got it but the problem is, it’s hard to interpret his reaction to what Kris told him because how the hell do you even respond to that. “Ah. Hm. Uh…”

 

“Yixing.” Kris is growing impatient by the minute. Yixing purses his lips, leaving Kris with no choice but to interpret it himself by pulling the latter closer to him until their lips meet.

 

Holy .

 

Kris pulled away after a few seconds and found Yixing frozen in his spot, cheeks and ears red.

 

“You just kissed me!”

 

Kris hops off the car, smiling cheekily to himself. “Come on.”

 

Yixing watches him open the door of the backseat and carefully carrying Ace in his arms.

 

“This has to be the lamest confession ever!” Yixing complains while getting off the front seat and walking towards Kris and the baby.

 

“Look, Ace, it’s mommy~” Kris coos to the baby and the baby laughs. Seeing these two happy, he can’t help but smile to himself. Maybe this was just something waiting to happen. Maybe Ace brought them all together. Years from now he can see himself talking to a grown-up Ace and thanking him for being the one to complete the family he’ll always want.

 

Kris holds Yixing’s hand tightly, with Ace still in his arms, and they walk together.

 

“You still haven’t told me what we’re doing at Park Chanyeol’s concert.”

 

“Oh? I didn’t tell you?” Kris wonders, his eyebrows raised in surprise. “Chanyeol’s my friend.”

 

Yixing paused. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

 

--

 

You know what it feels like when every day in your life you’re looking forward for that one moment you have always been dreaming for but when the opportunity finally comes, you won’t be able to fulfill it? Yeah, that’s what Baekhyun feels right now. He had waited for so long for this opportunity to meet Chanyeol to come but where is he now? In the airport. He sighs. He tried to think of other things that will comfort him so his mother wouldn’t be furious when she finds his son frowning just because he wasn’t able to attend the concert of some singer his son is obsessed with but there’s no helping it, he is sad, disappointed, frustrated even.

 

He lazily throws the can of soda he has been playing with in boredom and accidentally hits someone.

 

“Aw, hey!” Luhan exclaims, slightly pissed.

 

“Oh, sorry!” Baekhyun immediately runs to pick up the can. “I’m really sorry.”

 

“No, it’s okay.” Luhan smiled. As Baekhyun watches him walk away with his bag, he kept on thinking about how familiar he looks. He must be one of the strangers he interviewed but he doesn’t really remember given that right now the only thing in his mind is Chanyeol’s concert and his misfortune.

 

He sighed for the 10th time that hour.

 

Tao can feel the sadness radiating from his brother.

 

“Hyung, you can still go.”

 

“No. I can’t. Mom will arrive any minute.”

 

“I’ll explain to her. I have the ticket with me.”

 

“What? I can’t just leave you here.”

 

“I’ll be fine. Come on, hyung. This is like your only chance of meeting Park Chanyeol. Don’t let this pass.”

 

Baekhyun groans in frustration. “Stop that. I am so tempted to run away right now.”

 

“Then go. You’ve been doing well with your studies like what mom wants, you’ve never broken her rules before, it’s time to give back to yourself what you really deserve. It’s just one night all to yourself. Mom will always be there to scold you.” They laugh at each other and it’s times like this when Baekhyun is extremely grateful for having Tao with him.

 

“Okay,” Baekhyun checks the time and immediately grabs his bag. “I trust you with the excuses.”

 

“I am very good with excuses!”

 

Baekhyun laughs before turning around to leave, not forgetting to wave at Tao before running towards the exit.

 

He curses silently to himself after rounds of bumping strangers. He hates airports and he hates it even more when it’s crowded like this. It’s hard to see the way and he really needs to hurry up so he can make it into the concert.

 

--

 

“Yes, I’ve arrived,” Luhan says to Yixing on the phone while dragging his luggage to the waiting area. “What? Where are you? Why is it so loud? Yixi—Yixing! I can’t hear you. I’ll call you later. I’LL CALL YOU LATER!” He finally hangs up and sighs. He idles for a moment, breathing Seoul’s fresh winter air, when his phone vibrates. He opens and reads the message from Minseok.

 

Don’t forget your promise to come back here. J

  • Minseok

 

Luhan smiles to himself, couldn’t help but flashback into the short time he spent with Minseok and all the things he had taught him. It was only a short time, they even barely know each other, but the connection was as obvious and clear as the reflection of the sky against the sea and he wonders if he’s worth all the wisdom Minseok has given him. If he can come back with Sehun like he promised him too.

 

He grabs his luggage after deciding to grab a cab when a familiar black Porsche pulled over in front of him. He waits, his heart thumping louder and louder, and finally when he sees Sehun walking out of his car, smiling at him, he can feel his heart explode.

 

“Hey.” Sehun greets, flashing that smile Luhan fell in love with, and gives him a quick peck on the cheek before grabbing his luggage from his hand.

 

“You’re here.”

 

“Mm-hm.” Sehun croons, pushing the handle down so he can carry the luggage to the trunk.

 

Luhan watches him, watches as his fringe hit his face, as his hands circle around the handle of his bag, as his biceps protrude from his white shirt, and it made Luhan realize the reason why he hasn’t given up yet until now is because Sehun will always be Sehun, the man he fell in love with, and that what changed is merely his views and perspectives.

 

“How did you know I was coming home today?” Luhan ask, remembering he never told Sehun about his flight.

 

Sehun closed the trunk. “Why wouldn’t I know?”

 

Luhan blinks at him and Sehun walks closer, brushing his hand against Luhan’s delicate facial features. “Look, I know we have a problem but I’m not giving up on you, on us. Just tell me. Tell me if you’re hurting, if you’re sad, I’ll do everything to make you happy.”

 

Luhan closes his eyes as he intertwines his hands with Sehun’s on his cheek. And he smiles. “No. We don’t have a problem. We’re fine, Sehun,” He slowly opens his eyes and takes in the sight of Sehun looking at him like he’s the most fragile thing the world could offer. “We’re fine.”

 

Sehun smiles before pulling Luhan into a tight hug, one thing he missed the most—his angel’s presence and warmth. And Luhan feels the same way.

 

--

 

Junmyeon’s pretty sure he didn’t drink that much wine to make him hallucinate about Chen but he’s seeing Chen in front of him right now and he isn’t entirely sure if he is hallucinating or not so he makes sure by…punching Chen in the face.

 

“AW!” Chen exclaims.

 

Oops. Guess Junmyeon wasn’t hallucinating then. Either way, Chen deserved it.

 

“Look, Junmyeon, let me explain.”

 

Junmyeon snorts. “You don’t have to explain. I’m going home to my boring life.”

 

Chen immediately grabs Junmyeon’s arm. “Just listen to me. I got caught up with some things!”

 

“Okay.” Junmyeon pulled his hand back and continued walking.

 

“Look, I had to go to the police station!” Junmyeon stopped. “My parents…they’re going to get transferred. I had to ask them to wait a little bit more. It’s New Year.”

 

“Then shouldn’t you be spending it with them?” Junmyeon asks, turning to him.

 

“I wanted to spend it with you so I stayed for a while before leaving. Junmyeon, I know it’s hard to believe but please do. I’ve never experienced liking someone at first sight so this is all new to me but please, believe that everything I’m telling you right now is true.”

 

“You…you like me?”

 

“Yes! For God’s sakes. You’re kind, you’re generous, genuine, you’re considerate, God I can list a thousand more. You mesmerized me from the moment I saw you. You’re an amazing person, Junmyeon.”

 

Junmyeon bites his lip. “You really like me?”

 

Chen chuckles. “YES! I like Kim Junmyeon! I can make you a banner, a tarpaulin, anything to prove to you and to the world that I like Kim Junmyeon.”

 

Junmyeon bites his lips harder to keep himself from smiling.

 

“And you like me too so stop hiding that smile.” Chen adds, making Junmyeon burst into laughter. Chen grabbed Junmyeon by the waist and pulled him closer and closer until their foreheads touch. “Can I still have my New Year date?”

 

“What? It’s almost midnight.”

 

Chen grabs his hand and holds it tightly. “We can just walk until midnight. As long as I’m with you, it’s a date.”

 

This time, Junmyeon couldn’t hide his smile anymore.

 

--

 

Luhan crooks his eyebrow after realizing they weren’t heading back to their house. He turns to Sehun who’s driving fast to avoid getting caught up with the traffic. “Sehun? Where are we going?”

 

“I have a friend who’s doing a concert right now and he invited us. I thought we could celebrate New Year’s with him. I mean, if it’s fine with you.” Sehun shrugs.

 

“But, we have plans, don’t we?” Luhan looks outside when he notices a bright billboard and his eyes widen. “Unless you’re friend is Park Chanyeol…” He turns back to Sehun who’s smirking. “YOU’RE FRIEND’S WITH PARK CHANYEOL?!”

 

Sehun flinches at Luhan’s shriek and ended up laughing.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Luhan whispers while shaking his head.

 

“But first, I have to pick someone up.”

 

--

 

“Kyungsoo!”

 

Huh? Wait, that sounds like Jongin.

 

“Do Kyungsoo!”

 

But that’s impossible?

 

“DO KYUNGSOO!”

 

Kyungsoo jumped in shock and immediately turned round. He saw Jongin running towards him oh-so-ily that he can feel his breath stopping. “Jongin—“ He was cut off when Jongin suddenly grabbed him and pulled him into a tight hug, something he never knew he missed so much, his endorphine, a hug from the only person who can give him strength. “Jongin?”

 

“I must really be in love with you for doing something like this,” Jongin whispers in his ears and Kyungsoo can feel Goosebumps all over his body. “You were always so stupid. Maybe that’s why I can’t leave you.”

 

Kyungsoo bites his lip. This is more than what he bargained for but this is something he knows they both deserve. Because it’s them. It’s them. It’s Kyungsoo and Jongin again.

 

No words could come out of Kyungsoo’s mouth now so he does the only thing he knows he will never regret, hugging Jongin back.

 

And then here comes the most annoying horn of the night.

 

“HEY! JONGIN!”

 

Jongin and Kyunsoo both turned, breaking their hug in the process, to the Porsche parked by the road. “Sehun?” They walk towards the car immediately. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Picking you up, unless you want to celebrate New Year in your boarding house!” Sehun informs enthusiastically and croons when he spots Kyungsoo behind Jongin. “And I see that the high school sweethearts are back.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckles at him. “Hello, Sehun. It’s good to know you haven’t changed much.”

 

“Change is constant, my friend! Now hop in!”

 

Jongin opened the door and let Kyungsoo in first wherein he was greeted by probably one of the most beautiful guy he has ever seen, of course, Jongin is beautiful too, but in a different context.

 

“Hi! I’m Luhan. Sehun’s fiancé.” Luhan greeted, flashing his infamous wega-matt smile and with just that, Kyungsoo is positive he’s had numerous admirers back in his high school and college days, and so Sehun is one lucky bastard.

 

“Oh, hi,” Kyungsoo greeted back while shaking Luhan’s hand. Luhan nodded at Jongin (it seems like they’re already friends).

 

“Where are we going?” Jongin asks Sehun who was prepping the engine.

 

“To a concert!”

 

Jongin crooks his eyebrow before finally relaxing his face, realizing something. “Chanyeol’s concert.”

 

Now it’s Kyungsoo’s turn to be confused. “Chanyeol? Park Chanyeol?”

 

“Yeah, he’s our friend.” Sehun and Jongin says in unison as if saying that being friends with a popular rock star is the most natural and normal thing in the world when actually it is not in so many ways Luhan and Kyungsoo can both agree with. 

 

Luhan notices Kyungsoo looking at him and holds up his palms. “Don’t look at me. I only found out like half an hour ago.”

 

“How did you two even become friends with him?” Kyungsoo asks finally, hoping to resolve his curiosity, because it seemed like they are three people who wouldn’t even meet at a subway station.

 

“How…hmmm…” Jongin thinks for a moment, trying to remember the exact event that made him befriend Chanyeol and gapes when he finally remembers. “Well, he always sneaks out, wearing a hoodie and shades, and Sehun and I were at the mall to do a flash mob.”

 

Luhan turns to Sehun. “Flash mob? I thought you said you stopped doing that.”

 

“I didn’t join. I only came to help.” Sehun explains immediately wherein Jongin backed him up.

 

“And he got caught up with the trouble. We helped him escape and we only found out who he was when we were outside the mall. Since then, whenever he sneaks out, I help him, and Sehun sometimes comes along when he’s not busy.”

 

Sehun nodded. “I guess he invited us to his concert for free for the sake of courtesy.”

 

“That is really amazing though,” Luhan comments, feeling slightly a bit jealous of their luck. “I mean, I could be living in the same street but I still won’t be able to become friends with Miranda Kerr.”

 

“Or Amanda Seyfried.” Kyungsoo seconded and they both laugh at the sad fate of their reality. But, of course, as long as they have the person they love the most, a hundred misfortunes is nothing compared to the feeling of fulfillment and happiness they all found in each other.

 

Kyungsoo can feel Jongin’s hand secretly grabbing his and he smiles secretly to himself while looking outside the window when he suddenly spots someone familiar by the streets. “Junmyeon?” He whispers, sitting up straight. “Wait! Pull over! It’s Junmyeon!”

 

Jongin looked at him in confusion. “Who?” Even Sehun was confused but he pulled over anyway.

 

Kyungsoo rolled down the windows so he can yell. “JUNMYEON! HEY! KIM JUNMYEON!” He sees Junmyeon turn around, his face perplexed with the sudden yell but softened once he spots Kyungsoo waving at him. Junmyeon immediately runs towards him, dragging the guy with him. “Where are you headed to??”

 

Junmyeon glanced at Chen before replying. “Nowhere, actually. We were just walking.”

 

Kyungsoo glanced at the people inside the car before finally grabbing Junmyeon’s arm and pulling him inside. “WHA—“ Jongin grabbed him further inside as Kyungsoo grabs his companion next. Luhan was laughing at the front seat while Sehun is more concerned about his car’s condition to be very honest. But it’s New Year and New Year means having fun in any way. Even if you have to sacrifice your car for it.

 

--

 

When they arrived at the stadium 15 minutes after, it was no surprise that even the outside is filled with excited crowds of fans. And it’s still outside, what more once their actually inside the stadium? After a few rounds of introductions and gossips, the three pairs finally start to make their way towards the entrance. They don’t need tickets since Chanyeol invited them personally so they were able to get in without any problem. And as expected, the stadium was filled with glitters, excited yells and booming speakers. This kaleidoscopic carnival is spilled in one stadium.  A caravansary of high school girls, rich fansite owners, foreigners, reporters, music producers and other famous stars in the industry all gathered in this one concert, all brought together by one event.

 

One of the staffs, who Chanyeol had obviously sent for them, lead them to the VIP seats, along with Chanyeol’s relatives and close celebrity friends (And Luhan and Kyungsoo were so excited to be able to sit so close to Song Joongki, Lee Jongsuk and some giraffe man Sehun doesn’t quite remember the name).

 

“LUHAN?!”

 

They all turned to the call and saw another Chinese man making his way to Luhan. “Yixing! What are you doing here?!”

 

“No, what are you doing here? Kris is friends with Chanyeol so we got invited.”

 

“We got invited too!” Luhan informed excitedly.

 

“Really?”

 

Luhan turned to his companions and started introducing them to Yixing and Kris one by one.

 

The concert starts when the lights are dimmed off and a video, serving as the introduction, plays on each screen in the stadium. Afterwards, Chanyeol appeared, making the fans scream with delight while holding their banners and light sticks, to greet the fans and all who came formally.

 

“Okay, so you all know about the contest right?” Chanyeol asks through the microphone and immediately receives and unified yes from the audience. “Let me introduce to you the video that I have personally picked, the winner!”

 

The video starts playing, at first it was a bit blurry, then a girl’s voice surfaced, introducing about her concept and then the transition to move to the next clip of Yixing shyly getting focused on the camera. Luhan can hear Yixing’s gasp from his seat and he couldn’t help but laugh.

 

“I want to see the person I love happy.”

 

The crowd croons and Yixing chuckles, leaning his head on Kris’ broad shoulder.

 

The next clip revealed Kyungsoo carrying a bunch of folders in contrast to his small frame, earning a good laugh from the audience. What’s shocking though is that he’s at the same video as Yixing, how awesome is that?

 

“I’ll probably apologize to the person I’ve hurt the most…and try not to make the same mistake again.”

 

Jongin holds his hand tighter and Kyungsoo looks up at him with a sincere smile.

 

“I want…I want to lose…my…you know.”

 

“OH MY GOD!” Junmyeon exclaims, knowing very well how his part is going to end.

 

“Huh? What is it?”

 

“You know that thing you want to lose to someone.”

 

This receives a laugh from the crowd.

 

“What thing?”

 

The guy rubbed his neck and laughed awkwardly. “Never mind. It’s embarrassing.”

 

“Ehh come on! Say it!”

 

“That…thing…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Your V-card….”

 

“…oh.”

 

“OH MY GOD THAT IS SO EMBARASSING. I DID NOT SAY THAT!”

 

Chen chuckles at Junmyeon who’s trying so hard to hide his embarrassment by covering his face with his palms and pulls him closer to him.

 

“So, where are you going?”

 

Luhan smiles.

 

“Luhan too?” Kyungsoo exclaims from his back, surprised as the rest of them are.

 

“Somewhere,”

 

“Okay, um, so this is my question. What would you do before New Year’s Day?”

 

 “I’ll try to fix everything.”

 

And fair enough, he was able to fix something that wasn’t even broken in the first place. He feels Sehun’s supportive hand brushing his back and he leans his head close to his neck, letting him know that he trusts him more than anyone he has ever met in his life.

 

A familiar voice surfaces next and Luhan perks up at the sight of Minseok.

 

“So, what would I do? I’d go home.”

 

He smiles to himself. Maybe he can do Minseok that favor someday. To get back to what he did that made Luhan realize of all the things he missed—that you can’t get tired of loving someone, you only get tired of yourself.

 

“Hello! My name is Byun Baekhyun!” A wave and a cute eye smile caught their attention.

 

“Ah! That kid!” Junmyeon yells from his seat and the others laugh, knowing very well what he was talking about.

 

“So this is my entry for the contest. Hmm. This actually turned out better than what I expected it to be. At first it was just interviewing people and stuff but then once they answered me, I can feel something, love and longing. There are more people I’ve interviewed but the four clips I’ve put here stood out the most…and well, I had to squeeze it to fit the maximum time limit,” The crowd laughs. “So, if I were to answer this question, what would I do before the year ends? Of course, I’d go to Chanyeol’s concert,” A chuckle. “Now, it may seem like a pathetic answer but really, a fan’s love should not be taken lightly. It’s not just liking someone who is handsome, it’s about finding something in that person that we want to find in ourselves and so they serve as our inspiration, our strength to go on, live our life, and fulfill our own dreams. And if I’m given this privilege, I would thank Park Chanyeol for serving as an inspiration to his fans. And for the people in my video, if you see this, I hope that you were able to fulfill your wishes. Until here, it’s been Baekhyun! Thank you and Happy New Year everyone! Byeeeeee!”

 

It’s undeniable, that after watching the video, everyone in the stadium felt something they wanted to feel for a while now.

 

“Such a cute kid,” Junmyeon murmurs and Luhan turns to him to nod in agreement.

 

The stadium is lit up once more and Chanyeol appeared in the middle of the stage, his guitar hanging by his side. “May I invite the person in the video, please?” Everyone turns to look for that person who will excitedly run up the stage but nothing. “Uh, Mr. Byun?” The audience started to whisper, wondering why someone would miss this chance. Chanyeol waited for a moment before finally dropping his hand. He was walking back when the door near the stage suddenly burst open.

 

“I AM HERE! IM ALIVE! BYUN BAEKHYUN IS PRESENT!!!”

 

The whole stadium grows silent, even Chanyeol stopped to look.

 

Baekhyun seemed to have noticed the awkward atmosphere so he immediately apologized for his absurdity and  immediately made his way towards the seats to find his spot, when, Chanyeol spotted him (and his big ). “Mr. Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun stopped on his tracks and turned around slowly.

 

“We’ve been waiting.”

 

Holy .” He curses to himself, staring at those auburn locks and those large beautiful eyes looking at him matched with that subtle smirk that makes his heart go thump thump. Is he talking to me? He felt someone push him lightly and he turned to the side.

 

“You won.”

 

“What?”

 

“You’re the winner. Go on!”

 

Winner? What winner? He gapes when he finally realizes. Oh. But that’s impossible. Winning the contest means that he get to be serenaded by Chanyeol on stage and spend a little time with him backstage, just the two of them, on their own. It’s everything he had ever hoped for which makes it even harder for him to believe.

 

He hears Chanyeol’s deep sigh against the microphone and he looks up in time to see him walking down the stage and towards him and even then Baekhyun can’t bring himself to start walking. His legs have completely given up on him and the nervousness is slowly killing his confidence. This has to be a dream right? He asks in his mind. This only happens in dreams. Your crush walking up to you and smiling at you. There’s no way this is happening. Or maybe there’s some kind of mistake? Maybe I’m not really the winner? I mean, there are a hundred fans in this stadium and anyone can be the lucky winner but why me?

 

He was too engrossed in his thoughts that he failed to notice Chanyeol standing close in front of him. “Byun Baekhyun,” Baekhyun snaps at the familiar honey-like voice and he looks up at Chanyeol, frozen, his legs really starting to give up on him. He can feel that he’s going to faint any minute now but there’s no way he’s going to make a fool of himself in front of Park Chanyeol. Chanyeol smiles at him while slowly taking his hand. Baekhyun gulps. Yep, this is happening.

 

“I’m glad to finally meet you,” Chanyeol adds and Baekhyun can feel his heart melting at every word. Two or three staffs came to Chanyeol’s side, assisting him with the lapel microphone, but Baekhyun’s eyes are fixed on Chanyeol’s beautiful eyes and gorgeous eyelids. He can stand and stare at him all day. “Let me sing a song for you.”

 

Baekhyun was instantly drawn into Chanyeol’s voice. He has listened to his songs a lot of times, at every chance he gets, but in this moment he can feel his heart thumping for more, like he could never get enough of that voice. He had always wondered what made him like Chanyeol. Was it his face? His stature? His personality? As a fan, he always had these thoughts in his head. But right now, they all didn’t matter. The stadium didn’t matter. The audience didn’t matter. All he sees are him and Chanyeol, close together, just the two of them.

 

The song was done before the lyrics can even register in his head. Chanyeol held his hand while his other covered the microphone, and leaned in for a whisper. “Is it okay for me to want to get to know you?”

 

“…ha?” Baekhyun was absolutely dumbfounded. He was not ready for this kind of conversation. This never happened in any of his daydreams so he absolutely has no idea how to react.

 

Chanyeol chuckled at his blushing face. “I’d like to get to know you, Byun Baekhyun. Not just as a fan but as a person. Just you.”

 

I want to get to know you too, Baekhyun thought. Not the Park Chanyeol that everyone loves but the real Park Chanyeol, the one behind the cameras. He smiled sheepishly, eventually turning into a chuckle, as his head bobs in agreement.

 

Baekhyun has never asked for anything impossible in his life.

 

He believes that everything is possible. And he had witnessed that through the year.

 

 

 


 

 

END!

 

A/N: Based on the Filipino movie “24/7 In Love” except in this case it’s for New Year.

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR! ^^