Miracles In December...

Miracles In December...

“Yixing oppa!!!!” Eun Hye shouted from the living room.

“Yeah?” Lay answered while he shuffled into the living room.

Eun Hye smiled while pointing to the piano. “Please play me the piano... I’m tired after packing my stuff into those boxes.” Eun Hye said while pointing to the boxes with her things. She was moving to a new apartment this afternoon. Yes… Both of them were orphans who grew up together. They moved into an apartment together when they were 16. Now that Eun Hye can afford to buy her own apartment, she decided to move there.

Lay nodded before sitting down. He slowly started to play the piano while Eun Hye was tapping her foot to the melody. When suddenly, Lay played the wrong key which caused Eun Hye to playfully glare at him. Lay apologized before continuing to play the piano.

After the song ended, Eun Hye smiled and got up. She placed her hands on her hip with a smile and said “Let’s go now.” She frowned when she didn’t hear a reply from Lay. She cupped his face and chuckled “Let’s go.” Lay nodded and help her carry the boxes. One by one, into the car.

Eun Hye smiled and entered the car. “Come on Yixing Oppa!!!” Lay smiled before getting into the car.             

Eun Hye switched on the radio and started singing and dancing to whatever music that was playing. Lay also started to nod his head to the beat of the music. Eun Hye just couldn’t sit still. She was one hyperactive girl.

The car was full of laughter and chatters. When they reached there, they brought the boxes up. Eun Hye opened her apartment door and her eyes widened into saucers. “UWWWAAA~~~~” She exclaimed. She placed the boxes on the floor and went to explore the house. Not forgetting a few ‘uwaaa’ ‘ahhh’ ‘ohhh’ when she saw something interesting. Her house was already fully furnished so she did not need to worry.

After exploring, she started to unpack her stuff. Pots and pans into the kitchen. Clothes into her cupboard. Shoes onto the rack. Toiletries into the toilet. Of course, Lay was helping her with a WIDE smile plastered onto his face.

They sat down together on the sofa after finishing unpacking. “I’m gonna shower first.” Eun Hye said and headed to her room.

When Eun Hye was done, it was already 6 PM and they were REALLY hungry. Eun Hye headed to the kitchen and pouted as her kitchen was still empty. She definitely had to go shopping. She saw a 2 bowl of cup noodles and started to cook them. She heard shuffling of footsteps and arms wrapped around her. She looked up and saw a smiling Lay.

“Sorry… I don’t have any food to cook yet.” Eun Hye apologized.

“It’s okay…” Lay replied meekly and hugged Eun Hye tighter.

After cooking the noodles, they sat on the floor in front of the television with their own bowl of ramyun and switched on the TV. ‘Miracles in Cell No.7’ was playing. They were so hungry, they finished their ramyun in 5 minutes. They threw away the Styrofoam bowl before continuing the movie.

Towards the end, the movie was getting sad. The Dad was willing to do anything for the daughter. The Dad and Daughter were crying very hard too. Well, not only them. Eun Hye was already sobbing really really hard. Lay grabbed a few tissues and handed them to Eun Hye. Eun Hye wiped her tears and blew her nose and continued to cry.

Lay shook his head in amusement and pulled his girlfriend towards him and hugged her with one arm. Eun Hye rested her head on his shoulder while Lay rested his head on the top of her head.

When the movie ended, Eun Hye went to the toilet and washed her face. Her face was stained with tears after the movie. She headed back to the living room and saw Lay already in his jacket and shoes. She pouted and walked towards him. “Leaving already?” she asked him. Lay just smiled and nodded. She looked down to the floor and said “Errr….oppa…. Can you stay the night please?”

She looked up to see Lay taking out his shoes and putting it back onto the rack. “Okay.” He replied with a smile. Eun Hye cheered and hugged her boyfriend tightly.

“Let me shower first. My clothes?” Lay asked Eun Hye.

“Second drawer in my closet.” Eun Hye chirped. Yes… Eun Hye brought some of Lay’s T-shirts and sweatpants to her house in case of situations like this. Lay nodded and headed to her room with a happy Eun Hye trailing behind him.

After Lay was done showering. Both of them climbed into bed together. Lay hugged her while staring

into her big hazel brown eyes. He smiled and the side of her head before bending down to kiss her on the lips. Eun Hye gladly responded. He her lip asking or entrance which she gladly allowed. The kiss was sweet and loving. A kiss where butterflies are formed in your tummy.

Eun Hye felt a sharp pain in her chest which caused her to abruptly pull away. Lay’s face was full of concern and worry. “What’s wrong???” Lay asked Eun Hye. Eun Hye smiled and said “It’s nothing. Just a slight chest pain these few days.” “We’re seeing a doctor tomorrow.” Lay said with a serious face. Eun Hye just smiled and nodded in response.

Lay smiled and pulled Eun Hye to him and they both went to Dreamland together…

At the doctor

After the examinations, both of them were sitting in front of the doctor. The doctor had a serious expression on. He pushed his glasses up before saying “I’m sorry but your girlfriend here is diagnosed with heart disease.”

It was like knives stabbing the both of them as they try to process the news.

“Are you sure?” Lay asked the doctor again as he held Eun Hye’s hand tightly.

“I’m sorry… but it’s true. In her case, it seems that it was passed down from her family. We prescribed some medication for her to ease it a bit so she would not have so many chest pains.” The doctor said.

“Is there no other way to cure me?” Eun Hye asked the doctor with teary eyes.

The doctor sighed and shook his head.

“T-Thank you.” Eun Hye bowed and ran out. Lay bowed and chased after her.

Lay ran and ran to find her. The hospital was big. He looked up and down for her when a thought came to his mind. He headed to the hospital’s garden and there she was. Under a big shady tree. Her knees were folded up to her chest while her head was buried into her arms. Lay walked towards her. The more steps he took, the louder her sobs were heard.

When he reached in front of her, he pulled her into a tight hug as his tears also flowed down his face.

“I’m sorry… I’m so sorry…” Eun Hye sobbed into Lay’s chest while Lay hushed her, telling her it’s not her fault.

Days passed by just like that… Winter was here. Eun Hye’s condition was worsening… But Lay made her days happier, livelier. He was willing to force himself to be confident. For her. The one he loves. Then on one Christmas Morning…

“Yixing oppa.” Eun Hye called Lay. Lay came into the living room with a wide smile plastered on his face. “Merry Christmas!” Eun Hye chirped happily while handing him a box wrapped in green coloured wrapping paper and finished with a red silk ribbon. Lay took the box from her hands and opened it. In there was a bracelet with a unicorn pendant.

“Do you like it?” Eun Hye asked him hesitatingly. Lay looked at her with a wide smile on his face till his dimple was visible “I LOVE IT. Now it’s my Christmas present for you.”

Lay entered an auditorium while holding Eun Hye’s hand. He walked towards the grand piano on the stage. He let go of Eun Hye’s hand before sitting down at the Grand Piano. Eun Hye was already smiling very widely. Lay started to play the piano. Eun Hye's eyes flickered with happiness, love and appreciation when she heard her favourite melody. Lay finally opened his mouth to sing when suddenly…

THUMP

It was silent. Too silent. The ticking of the grand clock could be heard.

“EUN HYE-AH!!!!!!!!”

Eun Hye was immediately rolled into the emergency ward. Doctors and nurses trying their best to save her… but… she could not be saved…

An oxygen mask was strapped onto and nose. The IV drip and the heart monitor were also connected. Eun Hye lay on the bed with eyelids threatening to close anytime. Lay hated it. Lay hated to see her this way. Weak, frail, lifeless and at the brink of… death… He sat next to her while holding her hand when she called him weakly…

Lay leaned towards her so that he could hear her. It was her last request and he would fulfil it.

He nodded and took her hand phone and called his number. He answered it from his phone. He placed her phone on loudspeaker and placed it in her hand.

He gave her a kiss on the forehead with tears flowing down his face. He the side of her face and gave her a smile “I Love You Eun Hye-ah… I’ll love you… Forever and always.” When he saw Eun Hye blink one, he left the hospital room.

Lay entered the auditorium once again. This time… Without Eun Hye… He sat down on the grand piano, placed his hand phone on the piano which was connected to hers and started to play.

I gaze longingly at the you
whom I cannot see, I listen
carefully to the you whom I
cannot hear I see the scenes that I
couldn’t see before I can hear the
the voices I couldn’t hear before
You have given me super powers
From when you left me

The past me was too selfish,
only caring about myself
The past me was too foolish
to understand your heart The me
of now is changing every day
Clearly, you’re not by my side
But I am changing because of you,
because of the love you gave me

Every time I think of you
My whole world is filled with you
The snow that falls in the night sky
Each one is your tears

I wish that you could appear
in front of me in a moment
I wish that you could
return to my side
These useless super powers of mine
Are unable to bring you back to me

The past me was too selfish,
only caring about myself
The past me was too foolish
to understand your heart The me
of now is changing every day
Clearly, you’re not by my side
But I am changing because of you,
because of the love you gave me

Let me freeze time
And return to your side
Turning back the pages
In this book of memories
The you and I from that page
Oh~ho, the you and I of that time

The me that is not strong enough
is changing every day
because of your love You changed
everything (my entire life)
Everything (my entire world)

The past me did not understand
how to cherish love
I once believed that even if love
ended, it would be fine But now,
I am changing because of you
Clearly, you aren’t by my side
Yet my love is still continuing,
as if it knows no bounds

Freezing time (oh! I really want to)
To return to your side
(to return to your side) That book
of memories (oh! those memories)
Is filled with words of sadness
As my tears disappear
Oh~ho, I return once more
to that white season

I gaze longingly at the you
whom I cannot see
I listen carefully to the you
whom I cannot hear

(EXO Miracles in December)

He finished the song with a sad smile… knowing she heard all of it.

On the other side of the line…

The heart monitor beeped the longest beep ever which signalled the end of her life. Her hand phone dropped from her grip. But a soft smile remained on her lips.


A/N My heart hurt when I wrote this story. It's angst after all. I really really really do hope you enjoy reading this oneshot. Thank you so much for reading my story 'Miracles In December'

Subscribe, Comment and Upvote^^

Tell me what you think of my story, I need some feedback. Ahahahaha!!! 

With Love, Candy888