I Pleaded Friendship

Destiny Plays Well

Class ended, Chohee was the first one who immediately came out the door. I stared at her until she was gone. Minwoo’s hand waved in front of me and I came back to my senses.

“Didn’t I tell you not to talk to me? This is the last t~” he started. “Shush,” I put my finger unto my lips. I turned my full attention at him “Why the hell did you stop me back there? Chohee was bullied and yet we did nothing to help her!” I shouted at him.

He raised an eyebrow “I thought you hate her.” “I do but~ wait, who told you that?” “Youngmin, who else would?” “Never mind, the point is~” my thoughts drowned when I looked at his mesmerizing dark brown eyes.

“What?” he said almost with a smile. I sighed frustrated, what’s wrong with me these days? It’s like I’m so out of this world.

“Look, Minwoo-ah, I think we got off on the wrong foot.” I said wearily. “Can’t we start over and be just civil with each other instead of getting on each other’s nerves?” I looked at him pleadingly.

His eyes softened but all he said was “Mianheyo.” and he briskly walked away from me. What does that mean? Heck this guy drives me crazy, I never understand him.

Hana tapped my shoulder to get my attention. I turned to her; the twins were right behind her. “Where’s Minwoo?” Kwangmin asked. I shrugged.

We walked home with just the four of us. It seems that Minwoo have already gone ahead. Along the way I asked Hana about Chohee. She told me everything from the last time I went here and slapped Chohee in front of the whole school.

People started bullying her then; even some of the teachers don’t like her (what kind of teachers are they?). I felt a pang of guilt. I should have not done that in public. I didn’t mean to have her ostracized by everyone. I just wanted to get back at her for bullying my best friend.

I admit she wasn’t a good friend and she was the bully in the school. I hated her but now I only feel pity for her. Her life turned upside down, it must’ve been hard.

 

 

Minwoo was walking alone in a daze. ‘What’s the right thing to do?’ he thought while remembering Suzy’s plea of friendship. He suddenly remembered the call he got from his father and his mood turned ugly.

He knows exactly what they would be talking about. It’s about that business deal again that he stubbornly refused. That was the exact reason he got kicked out of their house and reluctantly lived with the twins.

It’s not that he dislikes living with them, in fact it is fun and he felt free. But he never planned this at all. He’s the type who plans everything. He knows what he wants but this sudden change in his life just threw him out of balance.

‘Oh what the hell!” he ruffled his own hair and sped up towards home. He will put off thinking about it for now; he won’t ruin the rest of his day.