34th cry

Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Samuel?" I called out as soon as I reached the spot where I first met the said little boy. He suddenly popped up in front of me out of nowhere, smiling as he was holding a black bunny in his arms. 

"Hi, noona!" he chirped cheerfully as he sat down on the grass. Sitting down next to him, I stared at the bunny in awe. It moved its nose, sniffing around before it suddenly jumped off his arms and hopped away. Pouting, Samuel looked up at me, "What are you doing here, noona?"

"I thought you said you needed help with that portal?" I asked with a raised an eyebrow, crossing my arms as his eyes suddenly widening and realization flashed across his eyes. 

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO EARLIER?" he asked with an excited laugh, and I could only chuckle as I shook my head at him. Standing up, he grinned, pulling me up before he led me to the house that suddenly had appeared behind us. Looking around the small house, I watched as he went to pull the blanket off of the not too big thing under it. Pulling the blanket off, the sight of a gigantic stone with some runes on it was revealed and some other ancient looking things. The stone was flat, but it was wide and thick and would at least fit five people sitting on it. The old things were placed in a circle as in the middle of the circle was some runes. Hovering above the rune was a small, blue crystal, reflecting the light of the sun.

"Wow, this is amazing." I gasped in awe, my fingers touching the cold surface of the stone, my fingers tracing the runes engraved into it. With crossed arms, Samuel nodded in agreement as he too was staring at his own work. 

"Yeah, I think I did a pretty good job." he said cockily to which I turned to him with a chuckle, knowing he was just playing around. 

"So, what do you need my help for?" I asked as placed my school bag and blazer on top of a nearby chair before I put my hair up in a ponytail. 

"Since you are a nightmare conjurer, which will help to bring us to the desired place we want. You will be target and lock our destination." he explained, and I remembered the first time someone needed my help to get to the Underworld with the same technique. It was when Kai was there with me. Sighing, I bit my lip as I tried to hold the tears in while I covered my sad look with a smile. A very sad smile - something Samuel had caught as he turned around to face me. Frowning, he furrowed his eyebrows in worry, "Are you okay, noona?"

Turning towards him, I smiled and nodded, reassuring him that I was alright, "I'm fine. I was just thinking."

Seeing my face, he decided not to push it any further before he smiled, "Let's get started then."

****

Sweat was already tickling my neck as I concentrated hard on the portal in front of me, my eyes glowing bright gold. Out of my hand came the familiar blue and purple swirls was absorbed by the little, blue crystal. 

"You can do it, noona!" Samuel encouraged as he ran around to fix the portal if needed and just made sure everything should be as it needed to. Feeling lightheaded, I groaned while my hair was slowly starting to turn red, "YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!"

Biting my lip, I poured in all of my energy into it, but it simply wasn't enough. With a tired gasp, I fell to my knees and clutched onto my pounding head as everything around me seemed to be spinning. The portal that was slowly spreading from the crystal and down to the rune shot back into the crystal, and the portal closed. Sighing, Samuel patted my back comfortingly as I stared at the blue crystal's light that was fading away, "It's okay, noona. You tried at least."

Shaking my head, I stood up panting as I reached for the door, "I can make it. I just need some fresh air."

Standing outside the house, I held my hair up, breathing in the fresh air of the forest. Opening my eyes, I stared up at the starry night, trying to focus the black dots away from my vision. A low growling made my head snap towards the direction, my eyes immediately setting on a bush as the sound of leaves and twists being stepped on were heard. Clenching my fists, I prepared myself for what was coming. However, as soon as three wolves and my brother stepped out of the bush, I sighed in relief. One of the wolves, the grey one, nudged the brown one as the third, the white wolf, was only standing there, growling at the two others.

"What are you doing here? It's late! Go back home!" I said making Jay roll his eyes at me while Baekhyun - the grey wolf - decided to growl at me. Jumping in surprise, I watched as Baekhyun sat himself down on his bottom, yelping in apology. 

"I could say the same thing to you, sis. What are-" Jay said, just about to scold me like a parent with his crossed arms, but got interrupted as a little boy burst out of the door behind me.

"NOONA!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter