• New House

Tongue Tied

Chapter 1 

"--then he ran after us with the carrot in his hand." One of the guys in class shared another of his daily pranks on people from his neighbourhood.

It was seriously getting old but I smiled and forced a laugh anyway.

*click*

I followed the sound of the shutter and found Chanyeol looking at his camera that was aimed downwards in an angle. Did he just take a picture of a desk?

He looked up for a moment and our eyes met. His lips formed a smile showcasing his perfect teeth. It was kinda creepy.

I smiled back out of curtesy and went back to listening to another of Nikko's daily pranks.

 

 

"Hey" Baekhyun called out and we walked to the bus stop.

"Hey Baek" I replied. "Guess what? I saw Chanyeol smiling in class again. I feel mean, but I have to admit the smile was kinda creepy."

Baekhyun laughed. "Yeah I saw. Yours was kinda creepy too, you know." he teased.

"Yah!"

"What? It's true." he continued.

I huffed and followed Baekhyun into the bus. "Like your rectangle smile is any better." 

He stuck his tongue out and made a face. "How's the new house anyway?" I chuckled at his sudden change of topic.

"I haven't seen it yet. Mom and dad moved most of our stuff yesterday but Saera and I stayed in the old house." I momentarily stopped and I moved out of the way to let other passengers get off at their stop. 

"That explains those eye-bags."

I ignored his comment and continued. "So we'll move the rest of the stuff today and move completely."

My stop was a few blocks away so I stood up and got ready. "You should help out too. I heard Saera's boyfriend is helping us."

Baekhyun shook his head. "I'm not your boyfriend tho" he chuckled. "and besides your mom doesn't like me anyway."

I laughed. "True. Cause you're a loser."

"That is a lie," he scoffed. "but speaking of losers. I heard that Chanyeol guy lives around your new neighbourhood."

I clutched my shoulder bag securely. "Really?"

"Yup! Better get off now or you'll have to walk a long way back." he noticed my discomfort and enjoyed every bit of it. "Say hi to Chanyeol for me!"

"Jerk." I walked out of the bus and headed home. 

 

 

"It's so nice of you to help us, Sehun." Mom led the young boy to the living room where Saera was arranging the DVDs.

"It's nothing, omonim." he smiled handsomely and I wondered how Saera managed to get such a sweet boy as her boyfriend, when she was pretty much unbearable.

"Oh what did Saera ever do to get such a sweet boy like you." That's what I want to know too.

"Why, it's because my baby girl is wonderful of course." Dad coo'd as usual and I gagged.

"Of course I am." Saera slipped her hand on Sehun's and pecked him on the cheek. The boy obviously wasn't used to PDA seeing how his blood rose up to his cheeks.

"Is there anything else I can help with?" he stammered ever so slightly but kept his somewhat professional expression intact.

"You've helped enough, Sehun-ah." I smiled and handed him a glass of juice and some biscuits. As much as I find my sister annoying, she's definitely got herself a good boyfriend this time.

I just hope she treats Sehun well and that she stops her obsession with guys.

"Sehun, I'll drive you home. Your parents must be worried." Dad offered.

"Oh no it's okay--"

"Nonsense! Let him drive you. It's the least we can do for you. You helped us a lot considering how many of Saera's clothes you carried up to her room." Mom gently pushed him to follow dad outside.

"Okay. Thank you, omonim." he bowed and said his goodbyes. "Thanks for the biscuits, Noona."

"Text me when you get home?" Saera asked in her aegyo voice.

"Sure thing." the couple hugged goodbye before Sehun left.

"He's so freaking handsome." I said when he was gone.

"I know right!" Mom gushed. She gave Saera a tight hug and told her to value Sehun.

Saera smiled softly. "I will."

"You better. Or I will!" I joked.

I left them downstairs and headed to my room. The second biggest room that was the one I had to fight for. It's a good thing I have the 'I'm the eldest' trump card.

I went to check what view I would be seeing for the rest of our stay in this house. Unfortunately, even though the room was big, the view was almost disappointing. It was just an identical window that belonged to the house beside ours.

I sure hope I don't get some creep as a window buddy. I'd hate to have my curtains permanently closed.

*ting ting*

I fished my mobile out of my pockets and read the message.

Baekhyun [19:14]: Did you say hi to Chanyeol for me?

I almost forgot about Chanyeol living in the same neighbourhood. It would be too much of a coincidence though if he lived next door.

[Sent 19:15]: I swear you're just using me to get close to him... Aren't ya?

Baekhyun [19:17]: Of course not.

Took him a while to reply. Hah.

I put away my phone seeing no point in texting when I've so much to unpack. I sighed. "Better get started then."

Wouldn't want my window buddy to see all the mess now, would I? I chuckled to myself.