Final

Sometimes Clichés are Nice

"Eh, Datou!"

 

Yixing sighs. Not again. He didn't understand why those idiotic little s kept bothering him day in and day out with that stupid- 'nickname.'

 

-

 

It wouldn't end there though. Oh no. They pushed him around, dropped his books right out of his arms and whenever he was in sight.

 

The thing was, Yixing was the kind of guy who was always studying and a little too nice to fight back. A resident nerd per say. The bullies loved that. He didn't do anything wrong or anything at all for that matter, but it became second nature for the pitiful brunette now. He's gotten used to it. It's considered a miracle for the poor boy to go a day in school without being tripped in the hallway or laughed at for no god damn reason and that just wasn't right, but there was only so much the boy could do.

 

-

 

Yixing shook his head, and decided to head on home to dance out his frustrations the best way he knew how. He managed to make it out of the school building without a bruise or scratch, glad he wasn't hissing in pain as he always was. He sighed and walked towards the entrance, pausing for a bit when he saw the soccer team practicing. He watched closely as the team captain ran across the field yelling out commands at his teammates with a grin on his face.

 

Everyone knew who he was. Even a nobody like himself knew who Luhan was. He was probably one of the most popular guys in school and he was probably one of the nicest guys too. Luhan was pretty much the perfect guy for anyone, he was hot, kind, captain of the soccer team and head of the school choir too.

 

Yixing really wanted to talk to him once, since they had quite a few classes together, but he felt like he'd make a fool out of himself. He sighed again, shaking his head and continued walking. Dancing might set things straight.

 

-

 

The next morning was rather interesting. The bullies seemed to have taken a day off. No one pestered him for first hour, no one dropped his books on purpose, no one 'accidentally' spilled coffee on his pants, no one did anything and it confused him. It confused him and scared him. He didn't know what was coming. Then he noticed it. They weren't doing anything to him, but everyone was. They were staring at him and muttering amongst themselves. It intimidated him. He was pretty sure he wore his clothes right, nothing was on his face, he checked, and that's when he realized. Math test scores were out. The big white paper hanging from the bulletin board was the only possible reason for all the staring. Well, only one way to find out. He quickly walked up to the bulletin board, avoiding the students' gazes and checked for his name. He started in the middle since that's where he usually is, but he wasn't there. Huh? He went up further and further, until he stopped at the very top.

 

No. 1: Zhang Yixing.

 

Yixing wasn't sure what was happening. He didn't know if he was seeing things, but math was always his strong subject and the test was easy as hell. Yet, he couldn't believe it and felt pride swell up in his chest; he smiled wholeheartedly for the first time in school, continuously staring at that No. 1 until a hand on his shoulder, brought him out of his thoughts. He turned slightly and almost jumped when he saw that it was none other than Luhan.

 

"Congratulations!" Luhan smiled that attractive smile of his and Yixing couldn't help but reciprocate it, dimple and all. "Math's not really my kind of subject." The elder nodded at results in front of them. That's when Yixing noticed how far down Luhan really was.

 

He came in at No. 30. It's actually not that bad a number, but considering there were only 50 kids in the class it wasn't that great either.

 

He nodded unconsciously and then realized what he was doing and stopped, thinking frantically of what to say to practically the most popular guy in school. Luhan just laughed. "It's okay. Really. I'm actually not as smart as people make me out to be.” he just shrugged and scratched awkwardly at his neck. “Uhh.. Yixing right?" The younger nodded again. "I was wondering if you could do me a favor and you don't have to if you don't want, but as you know I'm not very good at math. I was wondering if you could umm tutor me?"

 

Yixing was literally jumping for joy on the inside. Luhan asked him to tutor him. Luhan did. He grew nervous and flustered, but remained calm as he replied with a soft, "Of course." Luhan grinned at him and clapped his hands excitedly. "Thank you so much, Yixing. I'll tell you when we can start in class okay?" Yixing nodded enthusiastically with a smile, loving the way the elder said his name.

 

-

 

One might think this ordeal to be rather cliché. Yixing being the bullied nerd in school, who tutors the popular team captain of the soccer team. Yixing felt like it was a scene out of typical drama, but he thought, sometimes clichés are nice.

 

-

 

Luhan kept his word and left a note inside his desk, telling him the exact details of where they should meet and the time. Yixing smiled, Luhan really was nice and he was glad he can finally get to know him. He gathers his things as the bell rings and heads on to the library where Luhan was probably waiting for him. People in halls actually congratulate him on the way and he smiles and bows, happy to be appreciated and not scrutinized for a change.

 

He approaches the library and sees Luhan wave out at him. Yixing smiles and waves back. They settle down at a table in the back and they both take out the needed stuff to get started. "So umm what do you want to learn first?" Yixing doesn't really know the other's weak points, so he doesn't have a clue of where to begin. "Oh umm I'm terrible at alegebra, could you go over some of those?" Luhan asks so nicely, Yixing has to look away from his doe-like eyes before he gets pulled in completely. He scratches his neck awkwardly and mumbles a small, "sure."

 

Luhan smiles wide and Yixing pulls out a piece of paper and his math textbook to look for a problem. He jots down the math equation and asks Luhan to try his best to solve it. Luhan nods and looks at the problem with determined eyes, eyebrows furrowing with concentration as his tongue peeks out the corner of his soft lips to think about how to go about the problem best. Yixing couldn't hold back his giggle at Luhan's cute expression and the said boy looks at him in confusion. "You looked really adorable just then, I couldn't help it.." Yixing says impulsively, cheeks tinting pink the moment he says it. Luhan smiles then and scoffs, but Yixing still sees his grin adorning the elder's lips as he continues to work through the problem.

 

"Umm I don't know what to from here." Luhan finally says after trying to do the same problem many different ways. "Okay here, let me show you how I do it. You first subtract this on both side of the equation, and then you can cross these out right here." Luhan nods. "Then you divide this number right here next to the x and that's your answer." Luhan looks up at him with understanding written all over his face and smiles. "Do you get it?" Luhan nods again. "Here you try this one." Yixing quickly jots down another equation and Luhan solves it in under a minute. "Oh my gosh, Yixing! I finally get it!" Yixing laughs when he hears the librarian whispering 'shhhh,' but pats Luhan on the back nonetheless, and they work through some more problems until Luhan's brain is fried for the afternoon.

 

They grew very comfortable with each other in those several hours, already joking around and laughing and Yixing really can't wait to do this again.

 

"Same time, tomorrow?" Yixing is hopeful, but he doesn't let it show. "Of course," is the reply and Yixing can't stop smiling and skipping on his way back home. He opens the door, runs to his room and buries his face in his pillow, giggling to himself with images of a smiling Luhan, a concentrated Luhan, a sarcastic Luhan and just Luhan.

 

Yixing smiles and thinks, this maybe just got a little more cliche, but he just might have the tiniest of crushes on the elder and all he can do about it is bury his face more into his pillow to keep from squealing out loud.

 

-

 

The tutor sessions soon moved from the library to Yixing's house since the librarian was literally about to kick them out if they so made a peep. Yixing and Luhan giggled though and ran out of the library and didn't stop until they reached Yixing's house. There was of course more distraction in the younger's home then in the library so the tutoring lasted for about 15 minutes before they started playing a video game or just tackling each other on Yixing's bed until they were laughing until they couldn't breath. They soon heard the door unlock and they scrambled to their books and pretended like they were studying from the start when Yixing's mother walks in to check on them.

 

Luhan grew fond of her since he's been coming to Yixing's place for a couple weeks, so when Mrs. Zhang poked her head in to see if everything was fine and smiled when she saw the two working diligently on their work, Luhan just bows a greeting from where he's sitting and Yixing gets up to give his mom a hug at the entrance. She smiles. "Do you boys need anything to eat or drink?" The two shake their heads and she tells them if they do later, just to call out for her. She then leaves to start cooking dinner after ruffling Yixing's hair. The two boys smile at each other knowingly when she leaves and Yixing settles down beside Luhan again.

 

"You know, I've always wanted to talk to you, but I've never really had the courage since you're so popular, and I'm just the invisible nerd." Yixing looks down and fiddles with his fingers. "Xing.. don't say that. I've wanted to talk to you for awhile now, that math test was only an excuse you know." Yixing looked at him in surprise. "Really?" Luhan nodded with a smile. Yixing felt himself blush and he covered his face, shy all of a sudden. Luhan laughed. "You're so cute, oh my god." He pulled the younger's hands off of his face to pinch his cheeks. The younger could only glare.

 

-

 

It was no longer tutoring, but more of hanging out as it became a routine for Yixing and Luhan to go to the younger's place after school. It was that one particular day, they were playing a video game and Luhan was smiling, the younger looked over at him at that very moment and was captivated. He wasn't paying attention to the game and Luhan won and looked over at him grinning with triumph. He was taken aback by Yixing's staring.

 

Yixing couldn't help it though, he curled his arm around Luhan's bent knee and leaned closer, his breath ghosting over Luhan's cheek. He hesitantly rose up and planted an experimental peck on the elder's lips. Luhan dropped the controller and instead gripped Yixing's collared shirt and kissed him properly, nipping on his bottom lip and then resting his forehead on Yixing's. "That's how you do it." Yixing just laughed and rolled his eyes, and then kissed him again and again until their lips were swollen. When Luhan went home that night, Yixing couldn't wipe the grin off his face and kept touching his lips in disbelief. At the same time, however, he didn't know how it would change their friendship, but he was excited and the butterflies in his stomach wouldn't go away.

 

-

 

It was Saturday, so Yixing didn't expect Luhan to be at his doorstep at 10 am in the morning and not at his soccer practice, but there he was. Yixing rubbed his eyes and Luhan just smiled up at him and kissed him on the cheek. He walked on in as if it was his second home all while leaving the younger dumbfounded and blushing at the door.

 

He finally closed to door and Luhan dragged him up to his room, locked the door and pushed him against it. “Xing, I've been thinking about us all night and I realized that I really, really like you. Like more than a best friend and after that thing that happened the other day, I really want to try this. I want to try us because I think we could work." Yixing grinned so wide his cheeks hurt and grabbed Luhan by the front of his shirt and kissed him all while laughing. "Yes. Yes. I'd really like that. I'd love that." he murmured against Luhan's lips and the elder lifted him up and hugged him tight.

 

-

 

Yixing thinks that all this is very much cliché. He also thinks that sometimes clichés can be really nice because now when he's cheering for his boyfriend at his big game, and when said boyfriend blows a kiss only for him, he's blushing like crazy. And well, that's really more than just nice, it's perfect.

--

I hope this is good? ;w; hehe I quite like this one~ ahh I miss them, but ksdhkjds did you see that cute little moment today on gayo ahh they're the cutest I cry ;w; pls do comment okay! <3 like you don't even have to subscribe just leave me a comment and I will be super happy! <3