Sad Sonata: Realizing Fantasies

Sad Sonata: Realizing Fantasies

REALITY (Part 2):

[Donghae’s POV]

Today…
Today…

Today, what is it today???

Oh, yes. It was the day of our album signing. Man, I haven’t had enough sleep since we started promoting our 3rd album. The last time I slept well was like…I don’t know last year? No, I mean last last year… I was busy with Super Junior M and our album recording…

It was 12 noon when we arrived at the venue, “Here we are~!!! YEAH!!!” I exclaimed inside our vehicle. I was hyped, well I should be.
“Yah! Donghae… Save your energy for later. You’ll need it.” Eunhyuk advised.

Soon the door flew open and we heard the loud screams of our devoted fans, ‘E.L.F.’. I let the others go first then I trailed behind them. I walked immediately towards the fans and I gave them high fives.

I winked at one of them and heard the others squeal and shouted, “Donghae oppa over here~!!!”
Then I saw a piece of paper-a receipt-in the ground, I again spotted the fan I winked at earlier in the sea of people and asked if it was hers. She instantly took it and began shrieking.
“Donghae!” I spun around and saw that it was Leeteuk, our leader, who’s calling me. I hurried my way to them and we entered the building.

 

~*~*~*~

The songs in our album were being played in the background as the signing went on.

Using my stored hyperactive-ness I flashed each fan a bright smile, trying to beat Kibum’s natural killer smile. He seems to do it with no effort while I had to put extra effort in to my smiling.
Then I noticed the fan I saw a while ago slowly walking towards me with her hands calloused.

‘Why is she walking that way?’ I muttered finding her action extremely odd and awkward.
Even though that thought bothered me I still burst an awesome smile for her.
“Annyeonghaseyo.” She greeted me dreamily as she placed her bought album on the covered table.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” I greeted her back and bowed my head in the process.

“What’s your name?” I pursued trying to get a conversation going.

“I’m Kwon Minyoung.” She replied.

“Nice to meet you Minyoung.” I shook her hand.
As I finished signing she spoke up, “Oppa, besides ‘Sorry, Sorry’ and ‘It’s You’ the other song I really liked in your 3rd album is ‘Why I Like U’. Could you please sing your part for me?” She requested.
“Of course.” I agreed.

I took a deep breath,
“Oneul achim geudae ajoo malgeun mogsorineun I do, I do, I do, yeah~.” I sang my part with all my heart showing off my charm.
I saw her, eyes closed and her lips pouted.
I cleared my throat to get her attention back.

When she came back to her senses, she sheepishly clapped her hands.

“Thank you oppa~.” She thanked me and left.

‘This will be a long day…’ I sighed at that thought.

~*~*~*~

 

The album signing came to an end at last. All of us used the back door as the exit.
When we all loaded the vehicle the driver drove in front of the building and we heard faded blaring of the fans. The car entered the road, and then we saw a fan following us.

“Donghae oppa~!!!” It was that girl Minyoung.

We were driving at a slow pace…

“Donghae…a fan of yours is following us.” Sungmin uttered.

“Yeah, I know that.” I began to worry. I narrowed my eyes.
“Yah… Sungmin move…” I went closer to the window, after unlocking it, I slid it open.
A strong brush of cold air came in forcing me to close my eyes.
I took a deep breath and without hesitation I popped my head out of the window.

“Oh… Yah! Donghae! What are you doing!!?? Have you gone crazy???” Ryeowook stated with anxiety.

“Ryeowook don’t worry… Donghae IS crazy.” Heechul uttered jokingly.

“Yo! Get out of the road! It’s very dangerous.” I shouted as loud as I could so she would clearly hear me out.
“Donghae oppa~!!! Oppa~!!! Saranghae!!!” She cried back still chasing after the car.

“Aish… I said get out of the road… Come on… Do it for your oppa~! Please???” I began begging her.
“Oppa~!!! Saranghae!!!” She kept on pursuing.

“Yes, yes I love you too!!! Now please get out of the road.” I was starting to get annoyed.
“She doesn’t seem to be hearing you…” Leeteuk said.

Then I spotted a speeding car…
“YAH!!! GET OUT!!!”

…everything happened so fast, the next thing I knew I saw her lying lifelessly on the ground.
A hit and run…

I pleaded the driver to stop and I went out the car along with the other members. I rushed to her as she was mobbed. Our body guards cleared the way for me.
I stooped beside her and saw no trace of blood, but she wasn’t breathing.

“Call an ambulance!!!” I cried, panicking.

Our manager instantaneously took out his phone and called for an ambulance.
While waiting I tried to fan her with my bare hands as she lay on my lap.
She looked so helpless but the weird thing is she was smiling…

A few minutes later the ambulance arrived and with no hesitation I carried her bridal style all the way to the said vehicle. I placed her on the bed and spun around to look for everyone else.

I spotted Siwon, “Siwon. I’ll be coming with her. You guys just follow us alright?” I stated ready to load the ambulance.

“Yeh.” He answered shortly and I entered.
The siren of the ambulance went on and we were off. I was accompanied by two male nurses.
She was still murmuring, good she’s still alive.

“Sir could you kindly please her blouse so she wouldn’t have a hard time breathing, it would be best if you do it since you’re her--”
“…friend.” I continued.

‘Sure thing these nurses don’t recognize me.’ I sighed in relief.

And so I did the upper part of her blouse.
Again, she was grinning.
The more I gazed upon her, the more I experienced this odd feeling inside of me.
She seems familiar… Like I’ve met her somewhere?
My hands crawled unconsciously to hers and held it tight.
Shock waves traveled my whole body resulting for me to jerk a bit.
‘Whoa…’

We then reached the hospital. I ran along the nurses who were rushing her to the emergency room my hand still holding hers.
When the double doors were in my vision someone stopped me and asked me to stay outside the emergency room, since I could possibly cause havoc, being an idol and all.

Letting go of her hand was pretty difficult, it was magnetized. Why am I having a hard time? This is usually a piece of cake. I do this a lot in our concerts. Touch the fans’ hand, and then go back to singing, as simple as that. It was like glued together with my sweat I built up during the trip.

After gathering all my courage I finally let go…
“Be strong…” I muttered and she was out of sight.

I looked around and saw people staring at me, dumbfounded.
I turned my back on them.
‘Couldn’t someone like me visit a hospital? Sheez…’ I bewilderedly thought.

Minutes passed and my other group mates arrived.
“Hey, so is she alright?” Hankyung asked me patting the small of my back.

“I don’t know yet…” I glanced at the blue double doors, my heart was feeling heavy.
I was just so worried about her.
Yesung slid his arms on my shoulders being compassionate.
“Let’s just pray for her…”
“Yeh…”

~*~*~*~

The next day, we visited her.
We all begged to cancel our schedule for the day…
Besides… The only thing we were told to do is to practice our numbers…
We could postpone that…

She was placed in the ICU for more examinations.

Upon our entrance paparazzi greeted us. Our body guards shoved them away and we proceeded to her room. We entered one by one and unintentionally crowded up the place.

Her mother was beside her; she noticed us and stood up.
Heechul and Ryeowook handed the fruit basket.
On behalf of Super Junior Leeteuk spoke up,
“Hi, ma’am we’re Super Junior.” We all bowed simultaneously.

“Minyoung, Minyoung…wake up dear. Super Junior is here.”
She muttered brushing off the hair covering her angelic face, her hands traced down her pale cheeks to her purplish lips.

“Yes, I know who you guys are. You’re my daughter’s favorite group. And you’re her favorite out of all of you.” She pointed at me then she gently folded her arms and tried to hide the sadness painted on her face.

“So how is she?” I sincerely asked.

“She broke her left leg and cracked her skull. In addition she’s internally bleeding… So far the wound inside her head is still little and the blood coming out is still in a very small amount... She also hasn’t woken up yet, the impact of the car was really strong. The doctors told me there was a possibility that she might…might…die.” She suddenly burst into tears stumbling at the last words.

I reflexively hugged her as I glanced at the body of Minyoung. I let go and she continued sobbing beside her daughter. I looked around and saw some of the members holding back their tears especially Kibum, Kang-in, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun and Shindong.

“You know, I bet she will wake up if you sing her her favorite song out of all your songs. What was that song again? It was… Oh yes, ‘Marry U’ that’s it.” Her mother suggested having hope in her eyes.

“Alright…Uh~” I began to recall the lyrics in my head.
Leeteuk gave us the cue, “1, 2, 3…go.”

Eunhyuk started,

“Love oh baby my girl
Geudaen naui juhnbu nunbushige areumdawoon
Naui shinbu shini jushin suhnmul
Haengbokhangayo geudaeui ggaman nunesuh nunmuri heureujyo
Ggaman muhri pappuri dwel ddaeggajido
Naui sarang naui geudae saranghal guhseul na maengsehalgeyo

Geudaereul saranghandaneun mal pyuhngsaeng maeil haejugo shipuh
Would you marry me? Nuhl saranghago akkimyuh saragago shipuh…”

We all began crying as we sang with all our heart.

“…Pyuhngsaeng gyuhte isseulge (I do) Nuhl saranghaneun guhl (I do)
Nungwa biga wado akkyuhjumyuhnsuh (I do)
Nuhreul jikyuhjulge (My love)…”

We sang in great harmony.

“…Hayan dressreul ibeun geudae tuxedoreul ibeun naui moseup
Balguhreumeul matchumyuh guhdneun woori juh dalnimgwa byuhre
I swear guhjitmal shiruh uishimshiruh
Saranghaneun naui gongju Stay with me…”

We continued…

“…Naui geudae jikyuhjulgeyo
Hangajiman yaksokhaejullae? Museunil issuhdo
Woori suhro saranghagiro geuppuniya
Nawa gyuhrhonhaejullae? I do...”

I went towards her and held her slightly cold hand.

“I love you dear…” her mother whispered at her ear.

We stayed in the hospital for a few more hours as we sang other songs for her like Miracle, Happiness, Dancing Out, Sorry Sorry, Why I Like U…etc.

We took a break from all that singing and tried to amuse ourselves with each others company like always.

Then we heard her mother gasp.

Her heartbeats had more flat lines.
Her mother hurriedly looked for a doctor.
As soon as the doctor entered we heard a long beeping sound.
All of us saw the obvious flat line.
The doctor called for his assistants; they entered with the Defibrillator; a few minutes later he began to revive her.
“1, 2, 3…CLEAR! Charge it again!” Minyoung jumped on her bed.

We began weeping begging her to be revived.

“1, 2, 3…CLEAR!” She jumped again.

We heard the beeping sound for a second time……
My eyes widened.

She was gone…
Gone…

…Gone forever…

The crying inside the room became deafening.
My knees shook and I uncontrollably kneeled in front of her bed.
Her mom had gone hysterical.

Water came out of my eyes. I can hardly see anything.
I was catching my breath I never cried this hard before.
We just witnessed a fan of ours die right in front of our eyes.
I fisted the white-tiled floor; my hands suffered the throbbing; however the ache I’m feeling in my heart is way more than that.

I felt shattered, torn, confused, and extremely lost. These sudden burst of emotions were driving me crazy…
My buddies comforted me while I was dehydrating myself from all this weeping.

It was like I experienced a great lost. My heart was hurting…

After all the drama, we all said good-bye to our fan Kwon Minyoung one by one.
When it was my turn, I leaned forward and kissed her ice cold forehead and stated,
“Rest in peace my dear Minyoung…”

What her mother was feeling, I was feeling… I was the one more affected than the other Super Junior members, they care, but I cared MORE.

I can’t explain this feeling…
I don’t know…
I don’t know why I was so attached to her even though I barely know her. It’s like I knew her all my life…Like I shared half of my life with her…

[End of Donghae’s POV]

----

Author's Note:

TERM:
Defibrillator - Defibrillation is the definitive treatment for the life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias, ventricular fibrillation and pulseless ventricular tachycardia. Defibrillation consists of delivering a therapeutic dose of electrical energy to the affected heart with a device called a defibrillator.

***just check wikipedia if your not satisfied...got it there...^^ even I did not understand it... ^^

Ok guys leave a comment alright?
Tell me if I confused you guys...
I can post my draft here so you would understand the whole thing better... ^^
Just tell me... ^^

And I'm sorry if this one was quite long. I hope I pleased you.

I wish you got why the first part was fast-paced. So the girl was just fantasizing about everything and was not conscious of the real events.

Oh, yeah.  This one is pre-written but my other one-shot "My Love... My Enemy..." isn't so yeah I won't be updating soon.


COMMENTS ARE SO MUCH LOVED♥~!!!