Maid and a Princess Peach

Labyrinth ✧˖°

Semi

I seriously hate this. Pulling down at the ends of my dress, I tugged at it hard at the hem; hoping to feel less revealed and publicised at the world despite knowing what I had got myself into. The sparkly, enticing world of fame and stardom *coughs* not forgetting my own modesty and brain to behave accordingly to society, I was no exception nor was her precious bro (get used to it) Hyerin. Not real bro (yes, they weren't androgynous), or sis, but closer than blood could ever interlace. A bond so strong that no matter how hard someone tried to break it wasn’t something easy for people to step upon or break as they see fit. This was what the two had signed up for.

I stared down at my reflection mirrored in front of me; from the dark patent shoes to the ridiculously frilled edges of this maid's outfit to the dumb bonnet stuck at the front of my hair making me look practically more like one of those dolls sent from an ancient relative you had no idea existed until you received a package on a sudden Christmas morning. I don't even know what I'm talking about. Panic, panic, panicking.

“Hey Sem, you done!? If you're hiding, I'll have to drag you out~” A high voice sang from outside of the dressing room. God, was Hyerin's voice, that was so unbelievably high-pitched, ever this scary and threatening?

"Why did I ever agree to this?" I let out a small sigh, lowering my head rather pathetically. 

"I am Princess Peach!" My bro in crime shimmied her way into the dressing room and flaunted her way to the mirror; butting me to the side. I don't remember this being in the script. Jumping her way to the camera, Hyerinnie pushed her face in it. "Or... My maid name is PEACHES!" She posed Sailor Moon style. F-A-C-E-P-A-L-M, why is my band member like this.

"Dude, you for real?" I let out a loud snort at the get up, simply amused.

"Yah, Semi-ah you love it really..." the older girl trailed off a bit; a pout clearly visible on those lips before she glanced at me, moving to the side of the camera--to let the audience take it in?! "Gurrrrl... Look at yourself!" And it was true. I looked hideous. An absolute joke.

"You look kinda cute, Semi." That voice. I'd know it from anywhere. Mentally whining as Hyerin swivelled me around on my spinning chair, I came face to face to the one and only bastard: Jeon Jungkook.

"Shut up, before I cut your throat." I simply stated; avoiding his and Hyerin's gaze (yes, I was a teeny bit afraid like she was an older sister, and she was my mother figure; like her casual gazes could be a hawk's rather than it's prey--I'm not even exaggerating--Jungkook's was just a whole other essay I could write about dodging that fool's eyes.

"Ayy~ kookie, don't we look great?" Hyerin pulled me off the seat; displaying our horrendous outfits; splashing full-on view for him to grasp the possibly ugliness which radiated from them. Maybe I'm being pessimistic. "A-ah. Don't be so pessimistic. I know what you're thinking." Hyerinnie winked at me, as if to say stop saying bad things to yourself in your mind, you're lookin' hot and beautiful, and I could hear her voice. She was so enthusiastic. What would I do without her? Even though Hyerin would sometimes whine at how unattractive she thinked she looked when we were alone at night, she still stood up for me when I couldn't believe in myself. And then it occurred to me; what would she do without me? Snapping out of my thoughts, I snapped my head at Jeon Jungkook as well, awaiting his response but before that, I want to crawl out of the humiliation burning within me... dead or alive.

"Depends, define what you mean by... great." The aggravating bastard lifted the side of his lips into a bullying smirk, knowing my exact pressure point would burst and that I would so lash out at the good-for-nothing--no, Semi, the idiot's just trying to piss you off... contain yourself... you can get through this... he isn't good for nothing I say, because he's multi-talented... but just block him out. Yep, out... you're in front of the cameras... maybe show them later.

"Annyeong, pretty princess~" Another voice chimed; as he came into the room his smile was genuinely filled with warmth and tenderness, compared to the previous prick. Ahem.

"Jin Umma." I coughed, signalling him to not call me that totally embarrassing--and so not me--nickname in public. Oh, he's the second mother figure in my life, so it's not that awkward for him to call me that, right? Despite this theory my cheeks decided to behave on their own accord and became that familiar pink shade every time he complimented or barely uttered any words; to me they always came out... sweet. Or was he just like this to everyone? Why does it make me feel slightly... sad? Why do I even care?

But before he could refute my signal my Bro From Another Mo girl popped into view, giving a cute twirl and the typical flip of the hair of hers, displaying the maid outfit in it's full glory. Maybe the idiot felt good in this and she even did that creepy “V” sign. I wish I had that confidence. In this... Someone just kill me now. Please. My mind can't endure the agony anymore. Where's the escape route to take us away from this mad, bustling and filled with people, little café?

 

But obviously I can’t escape... this stupid dumb schedule. Oh, wait…WHY THE HELL ARE BANGTAN FREE? *SOBS* Did they have to stalk us everywhere we go? We see them at the dorms but on set, too? God, give me strength. I can’t--

“Are you both ready?” The trendy man clutched onto the lenses tightly to probably take a gazillion pictures and film us said straightforwardly, making me and Hyerin bounce up and give an immediate bow with that signature military “neh” in pursuit. Damn, did they have to make us feel like kids.

“Are the boys done too?” he shouted at the air and a line of seven boys dressed as dashing waiters--I mean this because it wasn't really them--okay, it was them, but they weren't dashing--their true selves were hobos--emerged from nowhere; clean and readily made up, causing me do a double take.

“What the... Why are those idiots here, Hyerinnie?” I almost choked as I continued to stare at them, confused as hell would make me suffer.

“Oh, we're filming with the oppas, silly, don’t tell me you didn’t know.” Said bro casually waved a hand like this was okay, lightly wacking my arm gently, giggling as if I was joking and she was not. I was clearly not. Wait... Am I going to be filming with that little Jungkook the Hellboy?! GAH GOD SAVE ME PLEASE. I did wrong, please save me from this un-called for fate; can’t I just melt away with a latte into the background and never enter this place again, I beg you, God, Allah, Buddha. Ha, and Hyerin thought I wasn't religious... What did I miss to endure all this hellish suffering?!

 

"W-what? All of us?" Semi joined in the confusion following everyone else one after another, at the same time as Hyerin whined as she was only joking.
 
"You all will be taking part in the new show. Filming starts in a week. Get ready~!" Then he was out the door.