Beautiful Creature

Met Somebody New ~ Lyric One-Shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 1
Beauitful Creature
 

Jonghyun POV

"So.. Woo Bin is coming to visit in a couple of days..." 

"Uh huh..." 

"And ya know, maybe we should hold a surprise welcome back party and--"

"Yeah. Sounds great." 

"What the heck, Jonghyun? Are you even listening to me?" 

The brunette looked up at the sound of his girlfriend's voice, whatever he was currently writing completely forgotten. 

"Huh? Psh.. Of course I am, babe." He said, flashing her a smile while snaking his arm around her tiny waist. Sighing, she smiled back easily, snatching up the notebook from the table. 

"Now what's this, hmm?" She teased, waving it in front of his face. 

"Come on, Ji Eun! Give it back!" 

"Well, looks as if you'll have to catch me to get it back!" She giggled, prancing off into the other room. Jonghyun made no effort whatsoever to go after her, instead he ran his fingers through his hair in irritation. He couldn't understand why Ji Eun easily irritated him like this. He was usually quite easy going and the most immature person around. 

"Oh, Jjonggie~!" She called from the room, causing Jonghyun to grit his teeth in response. It didn't help the situation that she was the little sister of his childhood friend, either. 

I'm screwed no matter what.

 

In the past two hours Jonghyun had managed get his notebook back from Ji Eun with the exchange for a date, to his dismay. The only thing he wanted to do right now was write lyrics and later go out to clubs and purposely not go home that night. 

At least we don't live together.

He had known the sweet girl his whole life, completely aware of the feelings she harbored for him. It wasn't until they hit high school that her brother, Woo Bin, had convinced the inspiring musician to finally acknowledge his sister's feelings. At first Jonghyun had been all up for it, realizing she really had grown into her features. The relationship had gone well at first, but as soon as things started to bore the older he found himself looking at others... Including guys. 

The fact didn't surprise him. He just didn't know how to break it off with her. Ji Eun was sweet yet very clingy with a very protective and scary older brother. Jonghyun found himself trapped, resulting in his cheating habit. Luckily Woo Bin and Ji Eun went to a completely different high school, so them finding out about his flirting and womanizing habits was very unlikely. 

As soon as graduation arrived, he was sure he would finally be free of the cute girl. What he didn't expect was that she would follow him to college and eventually... Everywhere. So here the man was, holding hands with a girl he didn't want to be with as they walked down the street.

"Oh, look Jongie! Isn't that pretty?" She asked him, pointing to a club painted in bright colors. For once, to his surprise, he was listening to her. He studied the place, trying to peer through the tinted windows. The place was pretty unique, being painted in neon colors, somehow not looking tacky at all. 

"We should go here tonight." She added, squeezing his hand a bit. He knew what she really meant. She wanted to get drunk with him and have the excuse to come home with him. Jonghyun suppressed a shudder at the thought. He had never gone farther than just kissing this girl, but the it wasn't the same with every other girl he hooked up with. Somehow in the past years he had avoided anything ual situations with Ji Eun. It didn't bother Woo Bin at all, so Jonghyun got away with it making it seem like he wanted her to wait for the right moment. 

"Uh... Nah. This place looks like a strip club." He responded. It wasn't a lie. There were pictures plastered at the door of people posing, with times that they performed. 

Unless they're musicians of some sort...

They weren't in revealing clothing, besides one missing a shirt or another.. Jonghyun froze, staring at the performer. He was wearing skin tight leather skinny jeans, a black jacket hanging off his arms, showing off his perfectly sculpted abs. Jonghyun's mouth watered at the thought of running his fingers down that man's chest. 

"What? What are you looking at--" Ji Eun cut off as she saw what Jonghyun was entranced by. She giggled in response, completely misunderstanding the situation. 

"Don't worry, sweetie, while we're here I won't be all over anyone but you." Her hand trailed down his arm, taking all of Jonghyun's control not to brush her off. He ignored her comment, not even caring for once. He just wanted this man. 

He's the definition of perfect. 

Just as he was about to take out his cell phone to make note of when this guy would perform (making it seem like he was typing the hours the club was open, of course) the door to the club opened, almost hitting Jonghyun's face. 

Reflexively, Jonghyun jumped out of the way of the swinging door, pushing Ji Eun in the process accidentally. Suddenly annoyed, Jonghyun glared at the stranger, yet right away regretting it. 

"Did I hit you?" The man asked, scanning Jonghyun's face for any marks. Jonghyun only stared at him in response, taking in his beautiful facial features. The stranger stared back for a couple of seconds before smiling a bit. 

"Like what you see?" He asked, causing Jonghyun's jaw to drop slightly. As soon as he was about to respond with something clever, he felt someone wrap their arms around him, giving him an awkward side hug. 

"No, of course not! He's just in shock from almost getting hit in the face!" Ji Eun squeaked next to him. Jonghyun had never felt more irritated with her in his life until now. 

What the hell is her problem? 

The beautiful man smirked a little, letting out a low chuckle. Jonghyun watched his eyes as they studied Ji Eun's arms around him, causing the brunette to detach her almost immediately from himself. It won another chuckle from the man, him now shaking his head slowly. 

"Shame." He mumbled then walked away, his hands stuffed in his baggy pockets. Jonghyun watched him go, letting his eyes linger on his swinging hips and... 

Oh ... His . 

The way his pants hugged his bottom made Jonghyun question whether or not wearing something like that was legal for someone like him. 

"Hey! He's not even close to looking like a girl!" Ji Eun snapped at him, taking Jonghyun straight out of his lustful thoughts. He looked at her, furrowing his brows. 

"What's your point?" He asked tiredly. He always forgot that Ji Eun had no idea that he was attracted to men as well. 

"What else would make you want to stare at him like that?" She pressed, crossing her arms across her chest, pouting a bit. Jonghyun hated that face. Usually it looked cute when other people did it, but to him when Ji Eun tried it just looked manipulative as if she could control him. 

No one can control me. 

"Geez... Ji Eun do we have to get into this?" He asked, running his hand through his locks impatiently. 

"Yes! I mean, I admit he's y, Jongie, but why were you staring at him?! Don't tell me you're attracted to men now! I could understand if he looked more like a girl but..." She rambled, her voice trailing off as she suddenly got insecure. Jonghyun sighed lightly. He really did not want to get into this. 

Today is not the day for her to find out about my preferences...

"I was... Jealous, babe." He lied easily, shrugging a bit. "I was wishing that I looked that attractive." 

Considering this possibility, Ji Eun pouted and shrugged, finally accepting it. She s her hand around his bicep, attaching herself once again. 

"Come on, let's go to that one couple cafe that Nana was telling me so much about..." She said, starting to talk about how cute it was. Jonghyun zoned her out completely, secretly hating those couple places. He tried his best to look happy when in reality he wanted to run after that stranger. Jonghyun wondered if it was a coincidence or not that the same performer he had been staring at in the picture was the same one that walked out of the club. 

At least I know what's under that shirt of his...

 

Somehow the inspiring musician had managed to survive his date with Ji Eun without looking too unpleased and had found time to go home, shower, change, and catch his favorite drama before heading out the door to a bar to meet his friends. Ji Eun didn't really like them, and they felt the same about her. Which didn't bother Jonghyun. It meant he could be around her less. 

He had, unfortunately, promised to take her out to a club later tonight, after telling her that they wouldn't get drunk. She agreed with that only if he had met her friends in the process. 

It wasn't as if he hadn't met them before, he just didn't stick around long enough to say more than a quick hello. He found them awfully giggly and annoying. He pondered over how Ji Eun could stand them. 

Entering the bar, Jonghyun was greeted with a huge wave and smile from Ki Bum, his best friend. Happily he sat down across from him, ending up next to Hongki. 

"Where's Eli?" Jonghyun asked, looking around. 

"Runnin' late. He started dating a host." Hongki said, chuckling a bit. Jonghyun looked from Ki Bum to Hongki wide eyed. They couldn't be serious. 

"Not even kidding!" Kim Bum said, holding his hands up in defense. "He wanted to take the kid out before he returned to his shift." 

"So... Eli, the straightest guy I know, or so I thought, is going out with a host from... A host club...?" Jonghyun had to try his best not to laugh. 

"Hey, watch what you say. Kevin gets paid well, he says." A voice came from Jonghyun's right. He turned to see Eli, slightly glaring at all of them before sitting next to Ki Bum. 

"We get it, man. Sorry." Hongki laughed, occupying his attention to his cell phone. Similar to how Jonghyun wished he could be, Hongki couldn't seem to settle down. He would lead on men and women with no intention of ever developing a relationship with him. It was apparently a thrill to him. 

"And Kevin's different. I've never thought of a guy as attractive before him." Eli explained, sipping a beer. 

"So the kid turned you gay?" Ki Bum snickered a bit, sipping his cocktail delicately. Ki Bum was openly gay, which only made Jonghyun admire him more. He had met him in high school and had decided to go to the same college as Jonghyun, half because he didn't want to leave him alone with Ji Eun and because he didn't want to live too far from home. If it wasn't for Ki Bum following him, Jonghyun was sure he would have lost his sanity by now. 

"If you want to look at it that way." Eli sighed, rolling his eyes at everyone's teasing. Unlike Ki Bum, Jonghyun had met him in college, immediately loving being around the guy. He was more level headed than the other two, not be conceited at all and caring for everyone around him. Sure, Jonghyun was slightly arrogant, but he needed to be around someone who was humble every once in awhile too. 

In some ways, Eli reminded Jonghyun of Woo Bin. Woo Bin had always been very caring to those around him no matter what, yet could slightly be full of himself as well. Being around Eli made Jonghyun feel more comfortable, he also learned quite a lot of English as well. 

"Well... I met a pretty interesting guy and girl recently." Hongki spoke up, putting down his cell phone to take a gulp of his vodka orange juice mix. Next to Jonghyun, he drank the most out of all of them, enjoying the feeling of being drunk. Meeting Hongki was quite a different situation than the other's. He didn't meet him in college, nor did he know him from high school. He had met the man at a night club when Ji Eun was out of town for a week. 

At the time Hongki was dating someone, that person supposedly breaking up with him that day. Jonghyun sat down next to the guy at the bar, taking note of how many shots he was taking. Without asking, he knew the guy was miserable. They were in the same boat. Whenever Ji Eun left town for awhile it made Jonghyun realize how trapped he really was. 

Eventually they both started talking, being completely wasted. They had cried about how horrible their lives were, and also laughed at how they could make anyone fall for them if they tried hard enough. Then somehow their lips ended up in a sweet kiss, parting as if it never happened. Jonghyun, to this day, believes that they just needed to feel the desire and there were no feelings involved whatsoever. 

However after that night, Jonghyun didn't see Hongki for a couple of weeks. That usually happened. He would make a friend at a club and never see them again. What he didn't expect, though, was for Hongki to end up working at the same coffee shop as Jonghyun, being the entertainer. Ever since then they became good friends, never mentioning the drunken kiss they had shared. It was also the last time, to Jonghyun's knowledge, that Hongki had dating anyone.

"Ohhh! What a surprise, Hunky!" Ki Bum spoke sarcastically. Hongki laughed, taking another gulp of his alcoholic beverage. 

"The girl's name is Ailee, and she has the most incredible voice I have ever heard in my life." Hongki explained. Jonghyun raised a brow, suddenly interested. Unlike the other two, Hongki and Jonghyun really wanted to be famous musicians. 

"She said a talent agency had recently taken in her in and promised to debut her soon." With that, Hongki was done talking about it, signaling that by taking out his phone again. No one pressed him about the guy, but Jonghyun noticed Ki Bum's interest. Nonchalantly, he glanced at his friend's phone, seeing the name Yong Hwa, which wasn't a surprise. That was Hongki's child hood friend. But the next name popping up made his eyes widen. It was Won Jongjin. Pretending as if he didn't see anything, he took a gulp of his beer. 

Talking to famous models now, huh...

 

The night progressed smoothly, helping Jonghyun forget about his problems with Ji Eun, and also wishing he didn't have to meet up with her later. They had ended up at a pretty nice club, not too crowded and not too dead. Ki Bum had taken up the dance floor, dancing ily with a complete stranger, Eli was off on the phone talking to Kevin (apparently trying to figure out when his shift ended), and Hongki and Jonghyun sat at the bar,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter