Final

In love with my Bestfriend

Here's the link you can listen to it if you want :D The video itself is super kyeopta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZvLI8HPqo

 


Chanyeol’s POV

 

Aesook and I have been best friends since we were 10. We were easily mistaken as brother and sister because we kind of look alike. We both have big ears, pretty nose, pink plump lips and a pair of big brown eyes. I think the only difference we have is that I’m 6” and she is 5”.

“Chanyeol-ah, what the hell are you doing?” Aesook exclaimed. “We’re going to be late for our appointment!”

“Mian! I’ll get ready right away,” I was so absorbed too much by my thoughts that I forgot that we have to be somewhere today. I smiled as I remembered where it all started.

 

Do you remember when
I said I'd always be there?
Ever since we were ten, baby.
When we were out on the playground
playing pretend.
Didn't know it back then.

 

***Flashback***

 

Eomma and I went to the playground today. Daddy is still busy with work so for today I asked eomma to take me to the park today.

 

Aside from me and my eomma, there are only two people in the playground; a girl and her mommy. I approached them immediately.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Park Chanyeol-imnida!” I bowed to them and flashed my widest smile.

“What a lovely boy. Annyeong Chanyeol-ssi,” the old lady said. “Aesook, introduce yourself,”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Han Aesook-imnida,” Aesook bowed to us shyly.

“Eomma, eomma, can I play with Aesook by the sandbox?” I asked my eomma.

“Go ahead dear. Just be careful, arasseo?” I nodded at eomma and grabbed Aesook’s arm to the sandbox.

 

Aesook and I were busy playing in the sandbox.

“My dear Prince, Save me!” Princess Sookie cried.

“I, Park Chanyeol, will save you my dear princess from this dreaded tower,” I kicked the sand tower that we made earlier. “We shall stay together forever and live happily ever after,” our laughter filled the empty playground.

 

After our meeting in the park, I will always go at Sookie’s house to play with my dear princess. Tonight was a little different; we decided to mix it up. Aesook wanted to go at my house so I agreed.

“Chan-Chan!” Aesook was crying, much to my surprise.

“Sookie-ah, why are you crying?”

“Teach me how to make paper cranes Chan-Chan. Jebal,”

“Arasseo, stop crying my princess. I will teach you,”

 

I taught Sookie how to make paper cranes. It was my hobby before. I learned them because my parents are always out of the house so I always make something for them when they come home. When Sookie and I reached a hundred, she was already dozing off.

“Sookie-ah, you can sleep at my room if you’re tired. Eomma is still cooking dinner for us,” I guided her to my room.

She laid down on my bed and I draped her with my blanket. I was about to go out when she stopped me from doing so. “Stay Chan-Chan. Kajima,” I nodded at her and sat on the floor near her head. “Promise me that we will be best friends forever,” Sookie held out her pinky,”

“I promise,” I took her pinky with my own and then I kissed her forehead.

 

***

 

Now I realize you were the only one

It’s never too late to show it.

Grow old together,

Have feeling we had before

Back when we were so innocent.

 

***

 

5 years later

 

Aesook and I are still stuck with each other. I’ve had other friends besides her but I still decided to stay with her because I only want to be with her. I like her. For now, I only want her to be by my side. I want to be her future because I see her as my own.

“Yeollie-ah! Stop spacing out!” Aesook hit my head so hard. I flinched.

I glared at her. “That. Freaking. Hurts,” I pinched her cheeks hard.

“Stop! Stop! It hurts,” Aesook begged. I let her go. “C’mon let’s go at the canteen. The others are waiting,”

 

We went to our usual table with our crazy friends. Kris, Sehun, Luhan, Baekhyun, D.O and Chen waved at us from our usual place.

“Chanyeol!” Chen called. “Saengil Chukhahae Pabo!”

“Gomawo,” I grinned at them.

 

The guys gave me hats; they know that I LOVE HATS. Only D.O stayed unique and gave me a pair sunglasses, “to help me look cool” he said. Aesook just smiled all throughout lunch and didn’t give me anything yet, but for me it’s alright. Having her by my side always is the biggest gift I could ever ask for.

 

We went to my house today and went straight to my room as usual.

“Yeollie-ah, I’ll just go downstairs,” she said. I nodded.

 

Aesook went downstairs so I changed into more comfortable clothes. A pair of jeans and long sleeves. It’s getting cold now so I always wear long sleeves.

 

Aesook finally came back. My eyes went wide when I saw the cake she was holding.

“Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday Prince Chan-Chan. Happy birthday to you~” Sookie sang. “Happy birthday saranghaneun prince Chan-Chan,”

“Kamsahamnida Prince Sookie,” I smiled at her lovingly. She has always been fond of surprises and I will always be her target. I don’t mind it though. I’ll never get tired of her surprises as long as it is always me that she surprises the most.

“Blow your candles,” Aesook stepped closer. I did what she said and took the cake from her. “Wait here, I’m gonna go get your gift,”

 

Sookie left my room again. I chuckled at the design of my chocolate cake. There was something written on it.

 

“Pabo Chan-Chan! Saengil Chukhamnida!

Saranghaeyo Prince Chan-Chan!”-Princess Sookie

 

Aesook returned to my room and she was holding a lamp covered with handmade paper cranes.

“I made this myself and the cake as well. I hope you like them,” Sookie sounded embarrassed and when took a good look at her, sure enough, she was blushing.

“I love it Sookie,” I put down the cake and hugged her tight. “Thank you so much my Princess,” Aesook hugged me back and then she kissed me on my cheek. It was my turn to blush like a freaking tomato.

 

 

***

 

I pray for all your love

Girl our love is so unreal

I just want to reach and touch you, squeeze you

Somebody pinch me

This is something like a movie

And I don’t know how it ends girl

But I feel in love with my best friend

 

***

 

I was with Luhan, Sehun and Kris during P.E. class

“Earth to Chanyeol,” Luhan pinched my cheeks.

“Ow! That hurts! What the hell hyung?!” I growled.

“You’re day-dreaming about Aesook again aren’t you?” Sehun asked.

“What’s it to you?” I raised my eyebrow.

“Why don’t you just confess to her blockhead?” Kris asked.

“I don’t want to ruin our friendship. I don’t want to lose her,” I bit my lip.

“Are you just going to watch some guy take her away from you?” Luhan pressed.

“If that is what it takes to make her happy, then yes,” I nodded.

“You’re so stupid,” Kris and Sehun chorused.

“No,” I shook my head and chuckled. “I just love her,”

 

***

 

Through all the dudes that came by
And all the nights that you'd cry.
I was there right by your side.
How could I tell you I loved you
When you were so happy
With some other guy?

 

***

 

Christmas Day...

 

Aesook’s family and my family is gonna spend the holidays together just like always ever since Aesook and I became friends.

 

I was still busy preparing myself when someone was knocking on my door impatiently.

“Chan-Chan!” Sookie squealed as soon as I opened my door.

“What is it Sookie-ah?” I was curious as to why she was so happy.

“Remember when I told you that I had a crush on Jay Park?” I gulped and nodded. “He confessed to me yesterday! Park Jaebeom confessed to me!!” She squealed once more and hugged me. “This is the best Christmas gift ever,”

I heard my heart shatter into pieces but I managed to look happy for her. “That’s good Aesook. I’m happy for you,” she’s not my princess anymore. She has her own prince now.

 

I was heartbroken. I seriously thought that I can keep her all to myself. I should’ve known better.

 

Christmas vacation passed by in a blur. I didn’t even bother going to Aesook's house. I went to school ahead, I figured that Jaebeom would pick her up. But when I got to school, I saw him kissing another girl.

“Jaebeom-ah, do you really have to be with that ?” I heard the girl cooed. My blood boiled. How dare you call Aesook a , ?!

“Don’t worry baby. I just did that because of a dare. I can’t believe that she agreed to be my girlfriend right away. How desperate,” he chuckled annoyingly. “I’ll dump her when she has no further use for me,” Jaebeom kissed the girl sloppily. “I have to go pick her up. I’ll see you tonight. Wear that black lacy underwear that I love,” the nerve of this bastard.

“I’ll get the toys ready,” the girl winked.

 

I walked away as silently as possible. I have to talk to Aesook later and tell her what I heard.

 

Lunchtime came and I walked over to her. Luckily, Jaebeom is not joining her, probably with his .

“Aesook, can I talk to you?” I told her.

“What’s wrong Chanyeol?” I flinched inwardly when she called me by my real name.

“It’s about Jaebeom. He’s cheating on you. I saw him kissing another girl this morning,”

“It might be someone else who looks like him,” Aesook forced out a shaky laugh. “He was with me this morning,”

“I saw him here before he went to pick you up. I saw him making out with another girl,”

“No, it’s not him. Jaebeom is not like that!”

“Are you ing blind?! Can’t you see that he’s just using you? He’s gonna leave you like the first chance he gets,”

“You’re lying!”

“Why would I lie to you? You’re my best friend. If you don’t believe me then do whatever you want,” I walked away from her and went straight home.

 

***

 

Now I realize you were the only one
It's never too late to show it.
Grow old together, 
Have feelings we had before
When we were so innocent.

 

***

 

It’s been days since Aesook and I had that talk. My friends had already noticed and they were getting worried.

“Got into a fight with Aesook?” Baekhyun put his arms over my shoulders. I shrugged it off.

“What happened Chanyeol? We’re all worried about you,” D.O gave me a motherly look.

“Thanks,” I mumbled.

“How can we cheer you up dude? We’re not used to seeing you like this,” even Chen, the troll, was looking at me with serious eyes.

“Let’s just give him some space,” Luhan said.

“I have to go. Sorry guys, I’m feeling sick. I’ll go home,” I grabbed my bag and stormed off.

 

I went straight to my bed and slept my sadness off. I woke up to sound of someone slamming my door hard.

“I’m coming! Don’t break my door!” I walked sluggishly to the door.

“Chan-Chan!” Aesook was crying in my arms as soon as I opened the door.

“Sookie-ah, what happened? Why are you crying?”

“You were right about Jaebeom,”

“What did he do? Tell me what did that bastard do!” I growled.

Aesook held my arms. “I saw him kissing another girl,” Aesook sobbed. “Why didn’t I listen to you? I was so stupid,”

I calmed down and hugged her tightly. “It’s going to be fine Sookie. Everything will be alright. I’m here for you. I’ll always be by your side. No matter what happens I’ll always come back to you,”

“Naega neomu Mianhae,” she cooed ad buried her face into my neck.

 

***

 

I pray for all your love
Girl our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, 
Squeeze you, somebody pinch me
This is something like a movie
And I don't know how it ends girl
But I fell in love with my Best Friend

 

***

 

We have been avoiding Jaebeom for the past few weeks. Aesook doesn’t want to see him. They were through in her opinion. We were doing fine but luck wasn’t always on our side.

“Aesook!” Jaebeom called.

“Let’s go Chan-Chan,” Aesook pulled me away.

 

We were stopped by a hand on Aesook’s shoulders.

“Where the hell have you been Aesook? I’ve been looking for you,” I was really surprised when he said that. Did he care for her? “Half of my assignments and projects aren’t done yet!” I frowned at this.

“I don’t have to do your assignments or projects anymore Jaebeom. We’re done,” Aesook hissed.

“What the hell are you talking about? You can’t break up with me. No one breaks up with me,” Jaebeom’s voice was filled with annoyance. I curled up my fists.

“I just did. I don’t want to see you or talk to you. You can now go back with your . Let’s go Chan-Chan,” Aesook pulled me once more.

“You stupid !” I turned around and saw Jaebeom holding a pocket knife. I stopped him with a punch but he was able to pierce my hands.

“Chan-Chan!” Aesook cried. Blood was oozing from my hands. We left Jaebeom unconscious and went straight to the infirmary to get my hands fixed.

 

***

 

'Cause nothing compares when
We're lighter than air and
We don't wanna come back down.
But I don't wanna ruin what we have
Love is so unpredictable.

 

***

 

Another year has passed by and Aesook and I are seniors now. I passed my application at SMent Seoul University. I got my letter this morning. I got accepted. The guys have already gotten their acceptance letter earlier and we will all go to SMent. One thing is still bothering me though; I don’t know where Aesook plans on going. I’ve asked her a couple of times, but she didn’t want to tell me.

 

Sookie

My

 

Chan-Chan, could you meet me at the playground later? I have something important to tell you. I’ll be there at 5.

 

SMent

 

I didn’t know why but my heart started beating so fast. I didn’t like this feeling. It feels ominous. But regardless of my gut feeling, I answered back.

 

Sookie

My

 

Ok, I’ll be there. See you later Princess.

 

It was only 3:30 so I decided to take a shower first. I dressed up into a polo shirt and jeans, then I slipped on my leather jacket and left to go to the playground.

 

When I arrived, Aesook was already there, playing at the sandbox. I smiled.

“You’re early, Sookie-ah,” I grinned at her.

“I had enough spare time,” Aesook forced out a smile.

“Is there something wrong Sookie?” I was worried for her.

“Can I ask one favour?” She said.

“Of course, anything for you,” I nodded.

“Could we play like the old times?” I was taken aback by her request but nodded none the less.

 

We build tower castles in the sand just like the old days. She was the princess that needs to be saved and I was the prince who was willing to do anything for her.

 

We played like that for awhile and when we grew tired we just sat at the swings.

“Chan-Chan, will you promise me that we will always stay best friends forever?” Aesook suddenly said.

“Of course Sookie,” I answered her. “I promised you that when we were kids and I will still promise it to you now,” I took out my pinky and she locked mine with hers. Just like when we were kids.

“That’s good then,” she sighed.

“Sookie-ah, please tell me what’s wrong,” I begged.

“I’m leaving,”

“Mworago?!”

“I’ll be going to study at Middlebury College in the states,” she lowered her head. “They have great programs there and I can pursue my dream of becoming a writer.  I can also learn different foreign language so that will help me a lot,”

“You don’t have to explain,” I tried to smile but I don’t think it worked because Aesook suddenly stood up and hugged me.

“I’m sorry Chan-Chan. I’m really sorry,” Aesook started crying.

I hugged her back tight. “Gwaenchana Sookie-ah. I understand. I’m happy for you,” tears started falling from my eyes.

 

***

 

But it's the risk that I'm taking, 
Hoping, praying
You'd fall in love with your best friend

 

***

 

Today was Aesook’s flight for the states. We celebrated our graduation day together. We spent more time together as much as possible. And today, I decided to confess my love for her. I don’t know when I’ll get to see her again but I need her to know that I’ll be waiting for her to come back.

 

We arrived in the airport. Aesook feel asleep on my shoulders on the way here.

“Sookie-ah, we’re at Incheon airport now,” I shook her.

 

We silently walked side by side. And when it was time for her to leave, I grabbed her hands.

“Han Aesook, I have something to tell you,” I started.

“What is it Chan-Chan?” she looked at worriedly.

“We have been best friends since we were ten, and all throughout the time that we were together, you grew so beautifully before my eyes. Before I realized it, you meant so much to me, more than I expected you to. I fell for your charms. I love you Sookie-ah. I don’t expect you to answer me I just want you to know my feelings before you leave,” I took out the necklace with a crane as its pendant.

I took a look at Aesook and she was crying. “Chan-ah, it’s beautiful,” she let me put on the necklace on her neck and then she whispered in my ear. “Wait for me and I’ll give you my answer. I’ll come back for you Chan-Chan,” she kissed my cheeks and left.

 

***

 

I pray for all your love
Girl our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, 
Squeeze you, somebody pinch me
This is something like a movie
And I don't know how it ends girl
But I fell in love with my Best Friend

 

***

 

November 27...

 

It’s my birthday again. It’s been two years since Aesook left and I am still waiting for her. We still keep in touch, we text each other, talk through Skype or write e-mails but we don’t talk about it really.

 

The boys and I are at the University, our group has gotten bigger when we entered our first year. We are 12 now; Me, Luhan, Kris, Sehun, Baekhyun, D.O and Chen are now with Xiumin, Tao, Suho, Lay, and Kai. We are also known as EXO in school because we perform ALWAYS during school programs.

“Have you heard from Aesook?” Luhan asked.

“Aniyo hyung. We just talked last night so I’m guessing she’s asleep right now,” I told him.

“I miss Aesook noona,” Sehun pouted.

“Aigoo, I miss her too Sehun,” I smiled.

Willthe announcer suddenly said.

“What is that about?” Kai hissed.

“Let’s go guys,” Suho, our leader, said.

 

When we arrived, it was dark.

“Guys, where are you?” I suddenly felt I was standing alone. The light on stage suddenly .  I couldn’t believe what I saw, Aesook was standing there.

“Annyeong Prince Chan-Chan!” Aesook waved at me.

“Sookie? What are you doing here?” I asked her.

Aesook didn’t answer and just started singing. “Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday Prince Chan-Chan. Happy birthday to you~” She giggled and then the guys entered at the stage with her. They were holding a big banner saying “Princess Sookie Loves Prince Chan-Chan” and it was hand-written by Aesook herself. “Saranghaeyo Park Chanyeol,” she suddenly said.

 

***

 

I remember when I said I'd always be there
Ever since we were ten.
When we were out in the playground
Playing pretend.
Didn't know it back then.

 

***

 

BACK TO THE PRESENT...

 

Aesook and I are still together now.

“Still day-dreaming Chan-Chan?” Aesook crossed her arms.

“Yeobo Mianhae,” I winked at her.

“You know that your winks are my weakness. Why do you keep on doing that?” Aesook pouted.

I chuckled. “You’re so cute when you act mad Sookie,”

“Eomma, Appa, we’ll be late for the program,” Our daughter, Seojin, pouted as well.

“Mian Seojin-ah, Appa is just being a pabo,” Aesook stuck her tongue out.

“Princess Seojin, let’s go. Appa can’t wait for your performance,” I carried her in my arms.

 

We got inside our car. Aesook sat beside me in the shot-gun seat and Seojin stayed at the back.

“Chan-ah, if Seojin is your princess now, then what am I?” Aesook pouted once more at me.

I looked at her lovingly and kissed her forehead. “My Queen,” I smiled.

 


Author's Note:

 

i finally finished this one-shot. it took longer than i expected because my keyboard broke down and i had to wait for another one.

 

So anyways, here it is XDD How do you guys like it? Now that all of my planned one-shots are done, i'm gonna start on my chaptered fiction with Chanyeol as the main male. why? because he is my Ultimate Bias in EXO KYAA!!!! XDDDD

 

hehehehe. 

 

How are you guys liking EXO's showtime so far? It's like i'm watching a comedy whenever i watch it. How about the Christmas winterlamd concert? They sang all of my favorite songs in their 2 latest albums. I"M SO HAPPYYYYYY. UBER FEELS!!!! KRISYEOL AND HUNHAN MOMENTS PLEASEEEEE XDDDD

 

Bye guys. Stay tuned for my next story XDDD