Second half of the Mystery

Life Changing

"Who's Ran Na again?" I squinted my eyes, scanning the 'in-crowd' table at the Canteen.

"The one with the wavy hair till her waist." Eun Ji squeaked softly, hiding behind me and tugging on my sleeve.

Jeon Jung Kook was the first who made his way towards Ran Na. He stopped at the table and gave Ran Na an intense stare. The whole canteen quitened immediately and everyone stared at the scene.

"Is he going for Ran Na now after Lee In?" I heard someone from the back whisper. 

I'm really sorry Jung Kook. Thanks as well.

Ran Na's face turned crimson red and she was unable to look back at Jung Kook. Without warning, Jung Kook grabbed Ran Na by the wrist and dragged her away from the table. Ran Na's face was priceless. Shocked at first, then it turned into pure delight. 

Gosh, Jeon Jung Kook, how many people do you have swooning over you?

As Ran Na tried to keep up with Jung Kook's big strides, Lee In's eyes were flaming with anger and glaring daggers at Ran Na.

They can never be real friends... 

Jung Kook dragged Ran Na into the general office. Eun Ji and I instantly followed him, asking for the discipline master.

*

"Ran Na. I thought you were Lee In's friend. Why did you do that?" Mr Cho slammed his hand down on the table, hard, causing the girls to jump in shock.

"She's just a jealous ." Jung Kook commented, leaning against the wall lazily and analyzing his nails.

Can't that guy just stay quiet and not attract attention everywhere he goes?!

"She never deserved that popularity. She thinks she's all that, but actually, she is nothing without me. People only like her for her glamorous self. What else better than cockroaches to ruin her image? That will never get away with always winning me. I'm tired of being her shadow." Ran Na spat out, her fists shaking in anger. 

Mr Cho frowned, contemplated for quite a while before saying "You are in trouble young lady. You will serve detention for a month and make a public announcement tomorrow assembly to clear up the misunderstandings everyone has about Eun Ji. Understand"

Ran Na bit her lips and nodded tightly, tears slipping out of her eyes.

"Actually! Ran Na doesn't need to give me a public apology! She can just clarify with Lee In, this will create lesser commotion." Eun Ji uttered suddenly.

Ran Na turned around and stared at Eun Ji curiously.

"I don't want any trouble..." Eun Ji muttered.

"Okay. That'll be it then." Mr Cho concluded.

*

Eun Ji bounced out of the general office and gave me and Jung Kook a big grin.

"Thanks for the help really!" She gave me a tight hug and offered to give Jung Kook one but he backed away, lifting both of his hands into the air. 

*

I fiddled with the ribbon on the gift while standing nervously, facing the closed door. The silky ribbon was smooth to touch and I rubbed it anxiously while contemplating.

Should I give it to him as a gift? He really helped Eun Ji a lot after all and she pleaded with me to get him something and she'll pay for it. "You know him best as he's your cousin!" She exclaimed when I refused to buy the gift. Of course, the cousin thing, So here I was, standing in front of Jeon Jung Kook's door and about to give him the present.

I reached out for the doorknob, but before I could twist it, something pulled it back from my grip. Standing in front of me was now a half- Jeon Jung Kook body up, with a towel drapped over his shoulder casually. I don't know why, but it was suddenly difficult to swallow my saliva and I couldn't utter a single word.

Jung Kook's eyes widened as he saw me seeing him half-. But that moment of shock passed by his face in a flash, and it was soon replaced with a nonchalant look. "What are you doing here?" He narrowed his eyes as me. Instinctively, I grabbed the present harder. His eyes travelled down to the present and his head was tilted with curiosity. 

I backed off, feeling heat travelling up my neck and onto my face. "Eun Ji's present to you." I shoved the gift into his open hands and fled back to my room.

It's strange how I'm unable to get rid of the look of his body in my mind.

"He's my cousin... It is inappropriate..." I mumbled into the pillow.

*

[Jung Kook's POV]

Why is she so reserved with me?

I pulled the ribbon, and lifted the cover. Inside, was a elegant looking ring with black and white stripes. The glossy surface reflected the light and it seemed to twinkle. There was a card in the box that wrote 5 characters "Thank You".