Seducing, no. Attracting

Life Changing

“Bitsokeul GeunYang Georido Neomu Johatdeon Niga Eopta Niga Eopta, Eotteohkke na honjaseo neol jiugo sara. Neomu geuriwo.” The shower was lukewarm, perfect for a cold day like this. I stepped out of the bathroom cubicle, with water still trickling down my body.

“Decent voice.” The door opened when I was still undressed. I gasped in surprise as Auntie smiled at me. “Here’s your ironed uniforms. Remember to keep warm!” She told me.

Didn’t I already locked the door?

“By the way, the doorknob’s spoiled. Do take note.” Auntie gave me a last reminder before leaving.

*

“Smile to her. Be nice. Seduce her.” I hissed one last time to Jung Kook before parting at the school entrance. “Attract.” He corrected me and walked in the opposite direction.

I sighed. The fact that Jung Kook was Eun Ji’s only hope unsettled me. Is he trustworthy?

A familiar silhouette is walking towards me. I squinted my eyes to get a clearer look.

Nam Joon was brisk-walking towards me, his shoulders squared and was holding some tapioca cake for me to eat. I raised my eyebrows and received the cake, inspecting it closely.

“Psh. Ingrate. There’s no poison inside.” Nam Joon hit me on my head gently, causing me to stifle a laugh.

“Thanks anyway!” the corners of my lips were lifted up.

*

“Eun Ji ah. Don’t worry.” I patted Eun Ji’s back. Her eyes were bloodshot red, her nose was a slight pink in color and her eyebags were getting more serious.

Eun Ji seems like such a small and fragile girl. She’s my good friend, I should really do my best to help.

“It’s not okay…” She muttered, leaning her head against the window frame.  “I’ll help you crack the case.” I promise her. “Thanks. But it seems pretty impossible to do that.” Eun Ji looked at me with her doe eyes and gave me a small smile.

“Jung Kook’s helping.” I stated. Now that got her attention.

“JUNG KOOK?!” She shot up straight. Immediately, the noisy surroundings quietened down, and everyone was listening intently. “Sorry…” She muttered and leaned against the window frame.

After a few seconds, the chatter in the class resumed. “Mmhm.” I nodded, after making sure that no one was listening.

“Oh yeah. I forgot, he’s your cousin.” Eun Ji chuckled to herself.

Cousin? No, not cause of that. I had to pay a price for his help.

*

“Jung Kook’s acting really weird.” Nam Joon pointed out to me as he munched on the cookie.

I opened my locker and took out my books. “How so?”

“He… keeps surrounding Lee In. We all thought he hated that .” Nam Joon furrowed his eyebrows and stared at Jung Kook.

I smiled to myself, following Nam Joon’s line of sight.

Jung Kook was leaning against the wall, with his hands in the pockets and talking casually to Lee In. Lee In had a really bright smile on her face. With her index finger, she was twirling her blonde wavy hair and flirting with Jung Kook. Many people were staring at that couple too, most girls were throwing hateful looks at Lee In, and guys glaring at Jung Kook. Seems like Jung Kook’s really popular, Lee In too.

“He probably changed his mind.” I told Nam Joon, locking my locker.

Nam Joon shrugged and walked off to join his friends – except Jung Kook.

*

I linked arms with Eun Ji and we proceeded to the canteen. Her shoulders were droopy, it’s obvious that she’s still greatly affected by the events yesterday.

I walked towards Nam Joon’s table and half dragged Eun Ji with me.

“Can Eun Ji eat with us?” I asked the six guys. Jung Kook was missing as he was with Lee In.

They all welcomed Eun Ji and made space for the two of us.

Beside me was Nam Joon and Eun Ji; looking over Tae Hyung’s shoulder, I can see Jung Kook and Lee In.

Lee In was pressing herself closely to Jung Kook, and Jung Kook was smiling. I have no idea if that smile was genuine, or if he should be awarded the Best Actor award.

Even though I knew that Jung Kook is an efficient guy, I did not expect him to progress this far in a day. While Lee In was talking to him, he turned his head to face her, and crashed his lips against hers. I gasped and drop my utensils. I was not the only one, many people also dropped their utensils. Nam Joon was crushing his fork at a tremendous strength – it bent.

*

“I don’t get why Jung Kook is being like this.” Ji Min sighed.

“I’d rather have him act cool in front of Yoon Mi rather than attaching himself to that B*tch.” Jin grumbled.

“He’s crazy.” Nam Joon growled, his ears were turning red and his veins on his forehead were popping out.

“Relax people, maybe it’s just a Phase.” I assured them.

“He ought to be conked on his head then.” Nam Joon sneered again.

Oh gosh, I must not let Jung Kook lose his friends. That’s a too high price to pay.

“Yoon Mi’s right. Give him more time to gather his senses!” Eun Ji piped in.

Everyone then seemed to accept the suggestion as they relaxed their bodies.

Opposite us, Lee In was still glued to Jung Kook. She had her head thrown back and Jung Kook was kissing her passionately.

This is getting a little too real.

Just then, the Principal walked into the canteen. The noise level lowered immediately, only Jung Kook and Lee In were still trapped in their own bubble world, kissing away.

“JEON JUNG KOOK AND LEE IN.” He boomed out loud.

The couple jumped in shock and broke away from each other. The principal was still fuming as he dragged Lee In away.

“Ah! Appa! It hurts!” Lee In tried to pry away from her father’s tight grip on her wrist. Jung Kook was sitting there, dumbfounded.

Just when no one was looking, he sent me a death glare that made shivers run down my spine.

*

“My lips are tainted.” I met Jung Kook on the way upstairs to our rooms.

“Was it that bad?” I winced.

“It was my first kiss.” This statement left me awe-struck. His… first kiss? Oh. Wow.

“I asked her and she said it wasn’t her. She seemed to be saying the truth.” Jung Kook informed me.

It wasn’t her? Then who could it be?

“I’ll try to find out more tomorrow.” He left after saying this.

“THANKS!” I called after him, but got no response in return.