Joint-Guardians

Parenting for Aliens???

The two went to the hospital that Jiyoung and Dara were rushed to. There were people who witnessed the accident. They rushed the couple to the hospital, but when they got there it was already too late. Jiyoung and Dara were declared dead on arrival. Seunghyun and Bom went to the morgue to see very heart-breaking sight.  Bom gasped, holding her niece tightly as she lifted the blanket to see Dara and Jiyoung. Their bodies covered with cuts and bruises Tears once again fell from Bom’s beautiful eyes. She couldn’t accept that a sad fate would fall upon them. They have been only starting a new life. They just had a child. It was just so unfair. What made her even more forlorn is the fact that her very young niece has no family anymore. She’s an orphan now. No more Jiyoung and Dara to take care of her.

Seunghyun held Bom’s shaking shoulders. He whispered soothing word to her ear as she trembled in pain and sadness. In normal circumstances, Seunghyun would be bugging Bom and annoying her. But Seunghyun wasn’t insensitive. He knew how sad Bom must have been. She just lost a good friend a sister.

“Bom, I think we should go out… Looking at this will only make you sadder…. Let’s go out and get you some fresh air to calm you down…” Seunghyun said in a calm manner as he gave her a pat on her shoulder.

Bom nodded as she sniffed and wiped her tears with her right sleeve. Seunghyun protectively placed his arm around Bom’s shoulder as they sat down on the chairs by the side of the hospital’s hallway.

Bom took a few deep breaths as she sat and placed Sanjee on her lap. Seunghyun left to buy two bottles of water in a near store. He came back immediately. He knew that Sanjee and Bom needed him. He sat beside Bom and handed her a bottle of water. Bom looked at him with a puzzled expression, surprised by his action.

“Take it. You need it. You need to calm down. I know it’s hard but you have to be strong. You and I both know that we both have to.” Seunghyun said and Bom nodded muttering an almost inaudible “Thank you.“  to Seunghyun.

Seunghyun had the bottle opened for Bom since she was holding Sanjee. Bom had the bottle of water on her left hand while her right arm was wrapped around Sanjee, holding her securely.

“Can you hold her for a bit?” Bom asked. “ I have to call my family and tell them what happened.”

“Sure…” Seunghyun gently took Sanjee from Bom.

Bom took her phone to call up her parents and her siblings. It took her a while to get everyone informed. She had a lot of siblings and she decided she should contact the Kwon family as well.

In a few minutes, the Park family and Kwon family have arrived. Some of Dara and Jiyoung’s friends rushed as soon as they heard the news. Dara and Jiyoung’s parents were truly devastated, especially their mothers.

Some of Bom’s siblings couldn’t weren’t able to arrive since they were out of the country. Yoochun and Yoohwan were in America, but they booked a flight immediately to come as soon as they can. Sanghyun and  Go Eun were able to arrive.

Of all Dara and Jiyoung’s friends Yunho was the earliest to arrive. He came to comfort his best friend, Bom. He felt sad for her. Yunho knows how close Bom was to Dara compared to all of her siblings. He knew how much it had hurt her.

Yunho immediately made an over-seas call to communicate with Boa and tell her what happened to her brother. It was awkward, but he had to inform her. It took a while for Yunho to get back at Bom and Seunghyun.

It was hard to hang-up on Boa. She was in Paris, alone and feeling homesick. Clearly, the news about her brother’s death wasn’t making her feel better.

Yunho felt so heart-broken when he heard her sob uncontrollably over the phone.

“Yah… Promise me you would eat well, okay? Jiyoung wouldn’t like it if you’d get sick…” Yunho told her in a concerned manner. He still loves her and he was worried about her. It wasn’t his obligation to look after her anymore, but he felt the need to do so. It just still felt right… He truly cares about her. “I’ll pick you up at the airport on Friday, okay? I have to go now. I have something important to tell Bom and Seunghyun…”

With that he hung up and gave Seunghyun and Bom his whole attention.

“What do you want to tell us, hyung?” Seunghyun asked curiously. He felt his pulse quicken. Yunho seemed to have an important dilemma with him and Bom.

“I know it’s probably not the right time to tell you this. But you guys need to be informed immediately. Perhaps we could go somewhere private? Maybe a bit away from here?” Yunho asked which made Bom and Seunghyun more nervous.

‘Yep I guess it’s something serious alright?’ Seunghyun thought.

The three adults and Sanjee headed to a small café near the hospital to talk privately.

“Look… I have to discuss something, regarding Dara and Jiyoun’s will…” Yunho said as he took a few papers and files from his attach case. He handed them over to Seunghyun and Bom. “It involves you guys and Sanjee… You see, Dara and Seunghyun had me to fix everything for Sanjee. As soon as they had her, they wanted to make sure she’ll be safe no matter what. They wanted to make sure she had everything she needed in case… well you know… stuff like this happened. It is stated in their will that the two of you will be Sanjee’s joint guardians. You two have to take care of Sanjee, now that her parents are gone. Jiyoung and Dara left Sanjee for you guys. They entrusted her to you so it is your duty to guide her, take care of her and make sure that she’ll grow up to be a fine lady.”  

“Wait… This is… just too much, man…. Could you give us some time to process…” Seunghyun breathed as he placed his hand on his chest.

He rubbed his temples in frustration and then later on….

“HOLY !” He gasped loudly it took a while for him to fully absorb everything and so did Bom.

“I hope you don’t mind but you explain further about the details about this… becoming joint-guardians what-so-ever?” Bom asked in a hoarse voice. She wasn’t feeling too well, after all the crying she had done. Her nose was slightly red and her eyes were still puffy.

“Okay… Let me explain this in a way you two can understand…” Yunho took a deep breath. He knew he had a lot of explaining to do…


A.N. Dundundundun~~~ Here it goes…. The revelation!

I hope you guys noticed the YunBoa cameo there…. Teehee…. It’s another pairing I ship. They’re from SMent. Haha…

I hope you don’t mind putting DBSK/JYJ and Bigbang together in the story. I like both groups so that explains why Yunho’s in the story and Park Yoochun(Micky) and his sibling, Park Yoohwan (Ricky) are Bom and Dara’s brothers…

Anyway… I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. Thanks for all your support.

TopBom Hwaiting! <3

With love,

~Kei-chan