I Would Die Before I Fall In Love With You

I Would Die Before I Fall In Love With You (Oneshot ver.)

(A/N- Hello! I'll make this short because I wanna start typing!! This is a sad fic, if you don't like sad fiction, PLEASE TURN AWAY!! I'll say more beloooow.)


It's another boring, normal day. Wake up, get ready, and go to school.

I'm not really looking forward to the last one though. At school, Hyunseung is there. He's absolutely annoying and revolting. When he's not busy making out with his new girlfriend, he's busy cheating on her with his new girlfriend. Disgusting. On top of that, he spends time bothering me, because I won't be his girlfriend. Not my fault I don't find him attractive. I like personality over looks, as hard as it may seem, and personality is one thing Jang Hyunseung does not have.

Exiting my average sized house, I close the door slowly and lock it. Stuffing my keys back into my bag lazily, I stroll down the little pathway leading to the old, rusty gate just a few meters in front of my house. Pushing it open, I sigh at how hard it is. I should really oil it soon before I can't even move it from it's spot. Shoving it back into place, I turn the knob, hearing a satisfying click. Smiling, I turn away from it and walk down the sidewalk to school.

---

"Min-ah!" I stop upon hearing my name called. I wait patiently for my friend, Eunha, to catch up. She sleeps in really late but miraculously always arrives on time.

"Hey, Eunha. What game were you playing late last night this time?" I greet her. Eunha smirks and bonks my head lightly.

"Like you would know anyway. Come on, class is about to start." Eunha replies care freely. I shake my head at her behavior and follow her.

After walking, or more so speed-walking, we make it to the classroom unnoticed. Silently slipping into our seats, Eunha sits behind me, I turn around as an attempt to talk to Eunha more. She's already occupied attempting to draw a bird currently perched on a clearly visible tree branch. That's why she sits there. The window gives a great view. Giving up, I turn back around to be greeted by a whole pot of ugly.

That's right. Jang Hyunseung is here to bother me. Again.

"Minnie-ah! How are you?" He says with fake cheerfulness. The first thing I do is make a face at him.

"One, don't call me Minnie-ah. Two, Go away. Three, GO AWAY." I tell him. Hyunseung smirks and comes in closer to me.

"Oh please, Minnie-ah. You know you love me." He whispers. I bluntly put my hand to his face and push him farther away from me.

"Hey! That hurts!" Hyunseung feigns pain. I'm sure all of his s are glaring at me now, because I might mess up his "pretty" face, I don't care though. 

"I don't even like you. In fact, I hate you, for the thousandth time already." I tell him again, just like I did yesterday. This ritual is stupid but I'm not backing down to Hyunseung.

He narrows his eyes, by this point in the argument he gets pretty angry, and says,"Stop lying. Fall for me. Fall hard. Because when you finally do, I'm not catching you." I scoff at his cliche remark.

"Didn't you use that one last week? Let's see what I said, hmm, was it 'How cheesy, stop bothering me, you ugly mole.'? I think so!" I retort sarcastically, clapping my hands like I won a game.

Hyunseung growls and stands up abruptly. Calling one of his girls, I think it was Mi- something, and sticks his arm out for her to latch onto. I watch him with disgust as two girls come up to him and cling to either side of them. The Mi twins. Mi-ok and Micha.

Hyunseung walks out, pretending to be all pimp, and shoots my one last smirk at me before going off to god knows what with those girls. I stick my tongue out in disgust and open my book to read before the teacher comes in and formally starts the day.

---

"You know, you should really give Hyunseung a chance. What if that whole 'I'm a player, ooh so cool' thing is just an act and he's really just a lonely guy who has a school boy crush on you?" Eunha suggests and teases me a few weeks later. I give her a are-you-out-of-your-mind-what-did-you-eat look and she cracks up.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry! It's just so funny how much you hate him!" Eunha says between her laughs. I shake my head.

"Now if only he could get that through that thick head of his. Maybe then I could live in peace." I agree with her. Eunha nods with me.

We continue wandering aimlessly until Eunha points out something.

"Look! Ice cream store!" I swear, sometimes I can't believe she's older than me. I smile and nod my head, letting her know we can go get some. I have some money with me today, I think it'll be enough for both of us.

She goes goes in and I follow casually after. There's not a long line, only one or two people in front of us. Soon we order and sit down with the ice creams in hand in a booth provided for us. In the middle of the conversation about who is hotter: Daesung or G-dragon, when Eunha gasps and points out something.

"Look, Min! Some really hot guys!" Eunha whispers to me in mid-sentence. That's one thing Eunha isn't child-like about. Boys. Well, does boy-crazy count as child-like? I turn to where she's pointing at discreetly and I crinkle my nose.

"Those are Hyunseung's friends! Gross!" I tell her. Eunha squints her eyes and they widen soon after.

"Well, I'm sorry! They look different from the back!" Eunha says just a bit too loudly. Hyunseung's friends turn this way and smirk. I make a face and grab my bag quickly. Eunha understands and does the same, not making a face of course, and we try to leave quickly.

"Hey." Too late. It's no use to leave now, they've already noticed us and initiated conversation. I turn and put on a fake, but dazzling, smile.

"Hi there! Can I help you?" I say with not much cheerfulness but also with some edge letting them know I'm not going to take foolishness. To my surprise, one of them puts his hands up in a surrendering way.

"We're not going to mess with you like Hyunseung does, relax." He says. I nod, not quite believing him. I back away slowly with Eunha.

"Hey, wait. Come on, hear us out." I gulp and look to Eunha. She just seems like in daze, with five boys wanting to talk to "her". Cursing in my mind like my life depended on it, I smile and nod at them. They all smile and gesture to the table they were just sitting at. I tug Eunha along like a rag doll and sit her up in a chair.

Before sitting down myself, I pass her and whisper,"Hey! Wake up!!" That seems to do the trick because she sit upright real fast and laughs awkwardly. I do a mental face-palm and I know she's doing one too.

"What..... do you want to talk about?" I ask unsurely.

"Well, first, you know our names, right?" I nod half-heartedly. Honestly, I only knew Dongwoon's name because he's the youngest and Yoseob's name because he would always show up late for class.

"Okay. Well, I won't beat around the bush. Hyunseung likes you." This caught me by surprise. That player likes me? No, they got it wrong.

"We're sure of it." I look at Yoseob questioningly. He smiles and waves cutely. I smile a bit at that.

"Are you sure?" I ask. They all nod.

"He complains about you everyday." The one I think Kikwang says. I make a face at that. Is that suppose to be a good thing?

"But that's good! He never talks about a girl like that." He quickly fills in. Again, is this a good thing? Really?

"Because he hates me just as much as I hate him. No liking involved." I tell them reasonably. They all shake their heads persistiently.

"He goes on and on about you. Not just the bad stuff. Apparently, he likes your laugh and the way you fight back. The way you smile and he gets really angry when you talk with other guys. And most days, he kind of goes into stalker mode and follows you." They all say while compleatly each others' sentences.

"Oh come on, that's not true!" I argue with them. I look at Eunha who's looking at me and she looks as confused as me.

"You don't have to deal with his constant . Let's just go, guys. I told you she wouldn't believe us." I blink for a bit and shrug.

"Come on, Eunha. Let's go home." Eunha nods and we walk home.

The week after that have been same old, same old. Then it happened.

The beginning of the day had been just like every other day. Wake up, get ready, lock the door, shove the gate, go to school. Go to school. Go. To. School.

"Hey, sweetie," Hyunseung's voice coos at the front gate of the school but today I'm not sure what is wrong with me but I didn't fight back. In fact, I actually blushed. Hyunseung notices of course.

"D-did you just b-blush?" I look at him weird because he stuttered and see his face. It's lit up like a Christmas tree. Like he's really happy and it made me feel weird inside. There's a bubbly like feeling at the pit of my stomach.

"No, the light must be tricking you, stupid." I say more harshly than I intended. His face immediately falls and a look that I can't figure out is on his face. It seems like it's a mix of yeah-she'll-never-like-me, great-got-my-hopes-up, and god-she's-so-mean.

After that Hyunseung didn't bother me so much anymore. At first, I was kind of relieved. Then I missed him. Why? I have no idea. It just seemed so much lonelier.

---

"Hey." I could recognize that voice anywhere. It was weird. I'm relieved, almost happy, to hear his voice but that same annoyed feeling is still there. He sounded so serious though.

"Hi." I say quietly. There's no response so I turn around but he's not there anymore. For some reason, I'm sad. I start to walk away but then Hyunseung speaks up again.

"Can we..... go to the rooftop?" I tense up. There's that weird feeling at the pit of my stomach again. I blink and bit my lip and nod after a moment. He takes my hand, just barely, and lightly tugs me up the stairs.

Once we get there, I pull my hand away but his grasp gets tighter, but only a little. Why is being so gentle? So quiet? Normally, if we spent this much time together, we'd be down each other throats with insults. Well, things weren't being normal lately.

After just standing there, quite awkwardly too, he lets my hand fall and walks to the railing quickly. He leans on it when I get there. I follow his motions and avoid looking at him until it gets the best of me. I glance his way but he was gazing at me so immensely that I looked away immediately. After a second or two, I look again. He's still looking at me.

More moments of silence were added to the already existing ones--until I break it.

"Why'd you bring me here?" I ask quietly. Hyunseung looked at me and bit his lip. I sigh when he doesn't answer.

"Why did you bring me here? Why did you up and leave me alone for weeks?" I ask louder this time,"Why.... why do you make me feel.... feel like this." Slowly, my voice fails me and my 'this' isn't even audible. I look at Hyunseung when he didn't reply and there was hurt evident in his eyes.

"You.... you think I wanted to?" He asks me. I turn away from him quickly to avoid his gaze and blink back these tears I have no idea why I have.

"Min... I... I-" Hyunseung starts to say but I didn't want to listen anymore. I shake my head lightly and back away from him. Hyunseung reaches out for me but put my hands out to stop him.

"No...." I tell him warningly. After a backing away to a safe distance, I turn fully and bolt. I hear Hyunseung calling after me, but I didn't care. Jumping over the railing of the stairs so I could get down faster, I rush out of the school building and run home.

Not before stopping right outside the school first though. I turn around and see Hyunseung still leaning on the railing of the rooftop. His head in his hands, like he has messed up or something. He wasn't crying, was he? Tearing away from the distant scene, I continue running home.

I finally stop again when I reach the gate of my house. Not bothering to open it, I just stood there for a bit. My heart is beating fast, and I know it's not from the running. I whimper because I know what's happening to me, and I can't deny it any longer. Letting out an agitated grunt, I kick the gate and hurt my foot.

I hopped over the gate, even with my foot, and run to the door; I was quickly trying to unlock it so I could enter as soon as possible. I scream in frustration and lean against the door when my hands fumbled around too much and couldn't get the key to go in. After just using the door as a resting place while a steady stream of tears came rushing down my face, I tried again and succeeded.

I let myself fall against the door and it opened wide from my weight leaning against it without the lock in place. I laid there in the fleding light of my front door for maybe hours. Soon enough, my own words were ringing in my head.

I would die before I fall in love with you.

I'm a girl of my word. I haven't fallen for him, not yet. Not completely. I won't let it get to that.

Walking the kitchen, I head straight for the drawer that'll end me. Pulling it open a little faster than needed, I take out a random one. I sigh, remembering something. Eunha. I put the shiny, metallic object down.

Going over to my bag calmly, I open it up and take my phone out of the pocket I keep it in. I send a text to Eunha, simple saying 'Bye'. That will make the shock of my death a little less.... shocking.

Throwing my phone back into the bag effortlessly, I walk over to the counter where my maker's weapon of choice was laying patiently. Actually smiling a bit, I pick it up and slash myself at the neck.

At first, it didn't feel like anything. Just like being numb. Then my body fell down with a thud and the pain came. It's feels kind of tingly almost. That lasts for about four seconds from what I thought. The real pain stings and burns. I couldn't let my mind fool me though. I counted, it lasts about three or four seconds and suddenly everything stopped.

The thing I guess they said was the light appeared. I breathe in deeply, as well as I could, and let it take me.

===

Hyunseung's POV

It's been days. Did I freak her out that much? I mean, she even heard it from my friends before she heard it from me. And she just barely heard it from me. I just couldn't keep it in me any longer.

I want to explain it to her. Why I was so distant. I wanted to shove my feelings away but I can't. Not anymore. I love Park Min. I love her and there's nothing I can do about it. Now if only she'd listen me. If only she'd love me back. If only she'd show up to school so I talk to her. Even seeing her make me happy. Everything about her.... just makes me happy.

Walking out of class, I bump into her best friend Eunha. Maybe she knows what's going on.

"Oh, um, Eunha, right?" I ask her quickly. She looks at me and I can visibly see her gulp.

"Y-yeah." Eunha says trying really hard to get away and looking anywhere but at me.

"Do you know where Min has been?" I ask her hopefully. Eunha pauses and then shakes her head.

"Please, tell me." I plead to her. Eunha shakes her head.

"I... I don't know. She hasn't called or anything. I haven't seen her. Min's practically disappeared and I have no idea, okay?" She admits desperately. I tense up and blink for a bit.

"Can.... you tell me anything, anything, else?" I ask of her. Eunha shakes her head and then walks away. I arms drop dejectedly and I walk myself. I don't get far before she calls after me. I turn around and look at her sadly.

"There was a text a few days ago. All it said was 'Bye' though." Eunha informs me. My eyes widen and I ask Eunha where Min lives. At first she's unsure about giving it to me but I eventually I get it out of her. As soon as I get it, I rush out of school, not worrying about consequences, and run to her house as fast as I could.

The gate is closed but her door is wide open. Cursing loudly, I jump over the gate and run into her house. At first, nothing seems wrong but then I smell something peculiar. Walking slowly towards the doorway, that I suppose leads to a kitchen from the look of it, and I see it.

I see.... Min. Laying there in a pool of her own blood.

"Oh god, no." I whisper out. By now the tears are parading down my face and my heart burns. Gasping for breath, I run out of the house and jump over the gate again, this time my shoe or whatever got caught on it and I fall down.

Not bothering to get up, I sob on the sidewalk. I don't recall how long I was there because I don't really care. All I know is that Min is dead. She's dead. The girl I love is dead.

"Hyung?" I think one of my friends are calling me. I couldn't tell which one right now. All I could think about is Min.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" He asks me. By now, I have stopped crying all over the place and am just laying there limp. Collecting all the energy and willpower I have left, I gesture faintly to the door.

I see him walk over to the gate and open it roughly. Taking his time to get into the house, when he finally does, there's a scream. A few seconds later, he's by my side again.

"Min's.... de-" He starts but I didn't need to hear it.

"Don't say it." I tell him. He nods understandingly. We just stay there for a while until I finally pick myself up. Dongwoon looks up worriedly but I shake my head to let him know it's okay. Not wanting to even look back at the house, I start walking away.