I saw Krystal kissing Santa Claus...

The Amber Clause

“Aiyah! Give me back the tape buttface!” The tomboy charged after her older sister who ran giggling to her room before slamming the door in Amber’s face. “Jackie!! I need to finish wrapping my presents!!” Amber slammed her open palm into the shut door but heard nothing in response. She pressed her ear to the smooth white surface and tried to listen for her older sister’s movement. She would just get more tape, but it took her nearly a half hour to locate the one she had and she really didn’t want to trudge back into their father’s office to search for more. “If you don’t give me the tape I’m returning your present!” Amber waited a few moments before huffing out dejectedly. “Damn it Jackie.” The tomboy mumbled to herself as she slinked off down the hallway.


The short haired girl yawned as she searched through yet another drawer in her father’s office. She reached her hand to the back of the drawer when she heard a loud thud directly above her. She jumped, startled at the sound and looked up towards the ceiling. “That’s weird… I’m on the top floor.” She waited a few moments and listened carefully. She heard more movement on the roof and rushed off down the hallway where she slammed into her older sister. The two Liu sisters fell to the floor with a thud, and just before they stood to yell at each other they heard another loud thud from the roof.


“What the hell was that?” Jackie whispered in a harsh tone. Amber shrugged in response.

“I don’t know, I think something is on the roof… I’m going to get my bat and check it out.” Jackie nodded and followed her younger sister into her room, picking up a hockey stick for use as a makeshift weapon, silently thankful for her younger sister’s love of outdoor sports. Both girls walked out of their house quietly, not wanting to alert whoever or whatever was on their roof.

“How do we get up there?” Jackie whispered to her sister. Amber nodded towards the basketball hoop they had set up in their driveway.


“I’ll climb up on the hood of the car and use the rim to get me up, hand me the bat and hockey stick when I’m up there then follow me up.” Jackie nodded and followed down to the driveway where Amber quickly climbed up to the roof taking both weapons from her sister and helping her up as well. Once on the roof both girls inched slowly towards the other side of the roof, hearing footsteps.

“Maybe we should call the cops…” Jackie trailed off, not confident in her choice of weapon.

“Nah, it’s probably just a raccoon or someth-holy !” Amber cut herself off as she peaked over the edge and spotted a sleigh strapped full with 8 reindeer and a chubby older man in a Santa outfit. The man seemed startled by the younger girl’s presence and quickly lost his footing. Amber lunged towards the man trying to catch him before he fell but it was no use, he quickly tumbled to the sidewalk below. “Oh my God! Santa fell off the roof!!” Amber quickly made her way down the roof and to the sidewalk where the old man had fallen, but when she arrived all that was left on the ground was the Santa suit, the man was nowhere to be found. Amber looked around puzzled before she heard Jackie whisper to her from the roof.

“Dude, did he strip??” Amber jerked her head towards her sister at the loud whisper and nodded in response.

“Yeah… he’s gone, all that’s left is the suit!”


“Put it on!” Amber shot her sister a puzzled expression at this.


“You want me to put on some old man’s clothes?! Why?! Jackie the man is running around our neighborhood … I think it’s time to call the cops.”

“But… we could post pictures on Instagram first… dude we have a Santa suit and a sleigh with 8 reindeers… it doesn’t get more epic than that!” Amber considered this for a moment, it would be pretty awesome to put those pictures up. Amber quickly put the Santa suit on over her pajamas and made her way back up to the roof where she and Jackie took several pictures. “Let’s get one in the sleigh.” Amber nodded and helped Jackie climb into the sleigh before jumping in herself, she was about to pose for the picture when all of a sudden the reindeer stirred and started pulling away.

 Both girls panicked but couldn’t get out of the sleigh quick enough and soon they were flying through the air on the back of Santa’s sleigh.

“OH MY GOD WE’RE GOING TO DIE!!!” Jackie shrieked in horror as she held her sister close to her. Amber gripped tightly to the reigns of the sleigh as she bit back her own terror at this turn of events. She wanted to scream her lungs out, but she thought it best if she tried to keep calm for her sister’s sake.

“We’re not going to die Jacko, just calm down. Don’t yell, it might scare the reindeer.” Jackie nodded and took some deep breaths to calm herself. Soon enough the reindeer guided the sleigh down onto another rooftop. The sister’s breathed a sigh of relief. Amber shifted in her sister’s grasp and Jackie loosened her grip, finally letting the younger girl go. “All right, now let’s just climb off the roof and go home. We can call a cab.” Jackie nodded and they made their way to the edge of the roof before realizing that this particular house was three stories high and had no easy way down to the ground. After inspecting all sides of the roof the girls plopped down dejectedly.

“Now what do we do?” Amber shrugged before looking back to the sleigh, the reindeers seemed amused by the girl’s actions and Amber scowled at the furry animals. “Maybe there’s something in the sleigh that can help us down.” Amber nodded quickly getting up and rushing to the sleigh. She looked in the back finding a large sack, she grabbed it to move it but was quickly lifted into the air by the sack.

“AH!! JACKIE!!!” Jackie turned around to see her sister being floated over to the house’s chimney by the magical sack. Jackie quickly stood up and rushed towards her sister, but was too late as the sack guided Amber down the chimney. Jackie sat leaning against the chimney afterwards.


“My sister is Santa Claus… aw man mom is going to kill me!”


Inside the house Amber fell to the floor with a clatter, quickly springing up from her seat and looking around to see if anyone had heard. She sighed in relief when she found no one in the dimly lit living room. She looked at the magical sack and opened it, revealing several gifts inside. She sighed and pulled the gifts out placing them around the Christmas tree. She was about to pick up the empty sack and try to figure out how to get back to her sister on the roof when she heard someone clear their throat behind her. She turned around startled and the sight she was met with nearly gave her a heart attack.

Behind her, in a red singlet and green Christmas tree pajamas was the one and only Krystal Jung. The most beautiful girl in her school, the girl that Amber had had a crush on for as long as she could remember. The girl that no doubt had no idea who Amber was, and who was now giving her the coldest death glare imaginable. “Yah! What are you doing in my house?!” Amber shook herself from her trance and tried to pull her eyes away from the other girl’s figure as she stammered.

“I-..um..-we..-um…Santa-…reindeer…I… gifts… we… um… You’re pretty!” Amber slapped her forehead, wincing at her own words, as if things could get worse? Amber was caught in this beautiful girl’s house, dressed up like Santa Claus and the only thing the girl could manage to mutter was that Krystal was pretty… fail.

Krystal’s glare faltered as she watched the older girl stammer, she would never admit this to anyone but she’d always found the tomboy attractive and watching the effect that she had on the older girl made her stomach flip. Still though, the blonde was in her house in the middle of the night dressed in a Santa suit… it had to be explained and ‘Santa-reindeer-gifts-you’re pretty,’ didn’t really count as an explanation.

Krystal sighed, catching Amber’s attention. Amber looked at the girl fearfully and Krystal quirked an eyebrow at her. “Amber what are you doing here?” Amber looked genuinely surprised at Krystal’s inquiry and Krystal had to suppress a laugh at the older girl’s slack-jawed expression.

“You…you know my name.”


“Of course I know your name you’re the hottest gir-…yah! Answer my question! What are you doing here?!” Krystal silently cursed herself at her near slip up, hoping that the dim lighting of the room disguised the blush that had settled on her cheeks. Amber for her part seemed not to notice Krystal’s slip up and was focused instead on trying to explain the situation without seeming like a crazy person.
 

“I um… okay, so… I was wrapping presents, then Jackie stole my tape and I was all ‘give me back my tape you buttsicle’ and then there was a robber on my roof, so then we got weapons, then it was Santa and I was like ‘oh Santa don’t fall’ but he fell anyway, and then there was Instagram and then the reindeer got all crazy and we flew, and Jackie said we were going to die but we didn’t and then the bag me into your chimney and now I’m here.” Amber finished in a huff and Krystal stared at the older girl dumbfounded.

“Are you drunk?!”
 

“No…. are you?” Krystal smacked the older girl’s arm at that and Amber flinched. “Sorry… I…um… I just…”

 

“Amber!! What’s taking so long!? Are you dead?! Mom’s going to kill me if you’re dead! You better not be dead you stupid phlegm monkey!” Both girls turned their head towards Jackie’s voice that echoed through the large fireplace.

“Who is that?”

“My sister.”

“Your sister is on my roof?”

“Yep.”

“Why?”

“She’s with the reindeer and the sleigh.”

“… are you drunk?!”

“No, why do you keep asking me that?”

“Because you’re dressed like Santa Claus, your sister is on my roof and supposedly there are magical reindeer up there too! Either you’re drunk or you’re on crack… or you’re crazy.”

“Hey, I’m not crazy!”

“So you’re on crack…”

“I’m not on crack!”

“AMBER JOSEPHINE LIU GET YOUR BACK ON THIS ROOF RIGHT NOW!!”

“… your middle name is Josephine?”

“I…um… yeah…”

“That’s cute…” Amber blushed, her hand coming up to the nape of her neck as she scratched the back of her head nervously.

“…thanks…” Krystal smiled at the tomboy’s embarrassed response and before she could think too much about it she leant forward and placed a small kiss on the older girl’s cheek. Amber blushed deeper at that but a wide smile graced her face. “I…um… why…thanks for… you… um…”

“YIYUN!!” Jackie’s voice broke Amber out of her stammer and she turned towards the chimney aggravated as she shouted up to her sister.

“Aiyah! Jackie I’m trying to talk to my crush goddamn it would you shut up for a minute!”

“Your crush?” Amber’s eyes widened at that quickly spinning around on her heel to face the younger girl who was looking at her with a smirk.

“I…what? Crush? Who? I… um… I’m Santa Claus!” Krystal laughed at the older girl’s outburst. She was, in truth, giddy at the realization that Amber had felt the same way about her. She was sure that the older girl hadn’t noticed her at all in school, sure she had a lot of admirers, but Amber was a senior, and she was cool and laidback and she never seemed to care about what everybody else thought. So why would she care that the younger girl was quickly becoming one of the most popular girls in the school? Why would she notice? But she had, and it made the younger girl’s heart skip.

“Okay Santa… maybe you should finish delivering your toys then.” Krystal picked up the sack and handed it to Amber. Amber nodded taking the sack in her hand and turning towards the chimney. She was dejected, she’d made a fool of herself in front of the younger girl and now she was going up to the roof with some crazy reindeer that would probably fly her around until she fell off the damn sleigh. Amber sighed.

“Nope.” Krystal raised eyebrow at that and turned to see Amber turning around and taking two easy strides towards her. “I… well…okay… the thing is… I um…”

“Yes?” Amber cleared , taking a deep breath before speaking again.

“Okay… so… I mean… just in case this isn’t some crazy dream that I’m having and I somehow am delivering presents on Christmas Eve on some crazy sleigh….”

“Yeah?”

“Right… well if this isn’t a dream… I mean… I’m going to be flying around… and I dunno seems dangerous you know?” Krystal nodded her eyebrows wrinkling in confusion as the older girl went on. “Well I mean… just in case this isn’t a dream, and I like… fall off the sleigh or something… I just… I wanted… I need… I gotta tell you something.”

“Okay… what is it?”

“I um…” Amber bit her lower lip between her teeth nervously, and Krystal watched as the older girl wrung her fingers together, her hands shaking as she collected her thoughts. Krystal smiled gently at the older girl, placing a soft hand on her clasped palms.

“What is it Amber?” Amber looked from Krystal’s hand to her face and took in the kind comforting expression on the younger girl’s face before steeling her nerves and finally speaking.

“Okay…well… I… I’ve… I mean… You… You’re pretty. I said that already… damn it… hold on… I… I just I mean… I like you, like a lot and…and not just cause you’re pretty. I mean… you are… you are pretty but… it’s more than that… I watch you… not in like a crazy psycho killer way or anything, I just… I mean I see you is all. And… you’re smart, you’re kind and… you’re shy… and… you’re kind of a dork… BUT! In a good way… a cute way… I…uh… sorry… I just… I wanted to tell you is all…sorry. I just, I like you, okay?”

“Okay.” Amber nodded, sighing and turning back around towards the chimney. She was about to step into the fireplace when Krystal’s voice stopped her short. “I thought Santa was supposed to bring me what I wanted for Christmas.” Amber frowned looking towards where she had laid the presents under the tree earlier.

“I um… I put the presents under the tree already.” Krystal turned Amber by the shoulder to face her and Amber looked at the younger girl confused. “Krys-“

“I don’t want that.” Amber frowned, reaching into the sack to see if she had anything left to give the younger girl, coming up empty handed she stood up straight.

“I.. I’m sorry… there’s nothing left in here.”

“That’s okay… you already have what I want."

“I do?”

“Yep.”

“Where?”

“Here.” Krystal leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on the older girl’s lips and Amber’s eyes shot open wide in surprise. Krystal pulled away from the older girl, chuckling at her wide eyed expression. “Yah! Stupid, you’re supposed to kiss me back!” Amber nodded dumbly in response and Krystal giggled, leaning forward and kissing the older girl again. This time Amber responded, moving her lips against Krystal’s as her hands wrapped around the younger girl’s waist. When the girl’s pulled away Amber smiled widely at the younger girl and Krystal just chuckled, handing the older girl her sack and pushing her towards the fireplace. “Go deliver those presents Santa.”

“Okay… um… Krys?”

“Yeah?”

“Does… does this mean you’re my girlfriend?”

“Only if you promise not to fall off the sleigh while delivering presents!” Amber nodded.

“I promise!” Amber turned to go to the fireplace.

“Amber?”

“Yeah?”

“If this isn’t a dream…”

“Yeah?”

“If this isn’t a dream… you’re really going to have to explain this whole Santa thing eventually.” Amber chuckled at that.

“Okay, I’ll explain it… just… just look out the window when I go, okay?”

Krystal nodded, watching as Amber was floated up the chimney by her magical sack. She walked to her window and watched as the sleigh flew off into the night, Amber waving at her as she went. Krystal sighed plopping herself down on her sofa.

“I think I’m dating Santa Claus…”

 

-------------------------------------------

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this short little fluffy holiday fic. I know, I know, I haven't even finished my Halloween fic and here I am posting a Christmas fic! At least it's a oneshot and you know I won't leave you hanging with this one right? Eh? ...I'm sorry guys, I'm a horrible, horrible author. :( But still... you love me right? Haha... Merry Christmas guys! Please don't hate me too much... cause then I'll put you on the Naughty list! Hahaha... okay I'm done.... cheeky