Sunggyu's POV

Of dying cigarettes and longings.

The smell of burnt dried leaves filled the small space of whites as a silhouette approaches the oval-shapped mirror table from the dimmed lights that shines the whole room. The lingering trails of the weed's puffs of clouds followed as the body made his way to settle himself on a provided chair in front of the said mirror. The figure stares at himself at the reflection before him. His face showed fair detailed. His eyes were not as large as a normal person would have but the drawn liner at the edges of his eyes, fairly makes his eyes features an attraction. His nose weren't pointy or too large but it was sharp on point, a nose that would suit his looks. His lips lined straight with touch-ups of a glossy lip gloss that would only shine under direct contact of bright lights, showing it's glow. His cheekbones weren't obvious yet not to be called chubby. His jawline, however, were more defined, the curves shows in obvious and firm. His skin, of course, is flawless, no acnes or pimples were evident on his face. The figure sits firm, his shoulder showing it's broadness in the semi-skimpy shirt he wore. A black inked infinity sign in an almost cool drawn outline showed through the fabric as it settles on the former's collarbone that strikes its focused curved of bones. Trailing his slender fingers to his thread of hair, he messes it slightly, his former fluffed hair now to it sticking in many directions. Despite messing it up, his image of appeal had rather boost. Once satisfied, his other hand which holds of a thin bud between his second and middle finger is being brought up close to his mouth. Sticking the bud between his plump lips, he takes a long drag, the toxic and smoke of the rolled paper in hand is inhaled and it fills up his lungs. After a pause, he exhales the toxic intake, white trails of smoke leaving his mouth.

A knock on the mahogany door sounded in the almost empty room besides the figure's controlled breathing. Without the former's response, the door softly creaked.

"Sunggyu-shi. On stage at 5.", a soft but not very high-pitched voiced sounded as a petite figure entered.

Sunggyu's head turned to look at the latter, a semi smirk plastered on his face. "You do know we know each other right, Sung Jong? I don't see why we need formalities in here aside the callings of a hyung-dongsaeng relationship.", he says in a as-a-matter-or-fact way after killing the small fire from the end of the bud in a steel astray on the mirror table and then getting up from his seat and approaching the other.

"Whatever. We're at work now so.. if you may, Sunggyu-shi. You should get ready at the backstage now.", the smaller frame left the former after his words, making his way somewhere, leaving the elder behind.

Shaking his head but with a slight smile on his face and remarking 'that kid' in an almost whisper, he makes his way to the back part of the stage, his leather boots clicked against the wooden floor. As he makes his way there, he could hear the emcee doing his greetings and how loud of a cheer the crowd had their voice when Sunggyu hears his name from the mouths of the emcee. The chanting of his name goes on and on as he crackle his fingers and neck in ease before taking a step on the first step of stair. He climbs a few more then waits by the side, the crowd still chanting his name in glory as the band had a quick soundcheck. He hears the guitarist hits the high chords as their fingers move at the fingerboards of the guitar in a skillful manner, the drummer had hit on the drumset, rhythm moving like the flow of a rushing river as the keyboardist has his hand skillfully hiting the chords to accompany the music made by the guitars and drum. 

Soon after the soundcheck ended, the band played the intro song where Sunggyu would then step in, the crowd roaring even more at the entrance of the singer. He sings the bridge of the song, his voice in steady tone as the crowd cheered on even more. As the intro song ends, the first song number begins after a short introduction by Sunggyu and him thanking everyone for coming.

The band plays the first song of rock ballad as Sunggyu sang in a warm harmonious low range tone. The singer had the crowd swooning at each note he sang. The song then began to pick it's pace as it reached the pre-chorus and soon, the chorus. Despite the crowd before him cheered in madness under the lights he is in, Sunggyu felt as if he was the only one in there. His eyes shuts as he belts on the high notes, the crowd going wilder and chanting his name at the high note hit. After the high notes passed, Sunggyu's eyes flutter open, his eyelashes moving in graceful manner if observed closer enough.

As soon as he eyes had flutter open, his eyes then focused on a figure trying to move his way out of the cheering crowd. Sunggyu couldn't see the other well as the latter had his turned but without a doubt, Sunggyu catches a glimpse of the other's defined jawline. The figure was moving as not with the crowd but away, trying to avoid the pushing of those who wanted to come near the stage. He doesn't recognize him in the crowd earlier but Sunggyu notices of his jet black hair shining under the scattering lights as well as how he was one of the few that wore white shirt. Shrugging off his thoughts of the other, his eyes watches the moving figure heading out of the club as he comes near to the ending of the song. The singer couldn't help but feel a little infatuated by the latter who had left him like a lingering presence of trailing smoke. And Sunggyu is pretty much infatuated by the smell of tobacco and rolled leaves that awaits him as soon as he is done with his stage performance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Sunggyu hyung. What was that about..?", a soft voiced spoke up as Sunggyu exited his waiting room, still dressed in how he had look like from before but this time his shirt was replaced with a dark tone-colored shirt and had a leather jacket around him.

"So now you're calling me 'hyung', hmm?", Sunggyu scoffed jokingly as he had his arms wrapped around the younger figure.

"We're done with work and you know how I stick well to being disciplined. And get you hands off me.", the other attempts to pull the elder's hand away from him as they both head out of the building through the back door.

"Jezz, Stop being so tight around me and just take a chill pill.", Sunggyu said as he ruffles the younger's hair, earning a soft whine from the other on how it took him a full hour on setting the perfect hair of his. "You're not a greaser. So why do you have so much of a wax on you?", the singer frowned as he wipes his hands of hinting grease on his jeans.

The 'greaser' rolled his eyes as he takes out his due back from right pocket, tapping out the box for his weed and fishing a lighter, lighting the weed held in hand then putting it between his soft slightly plump lips. He then inhales it for a bit before exhaling the toxic then turns his attention to the elder as he tip the burning ashes off. "I'm pretty much relaxed as than before. And I'm not a greaser. I wouldn't considered the was used a lot because the last time I remembered, we had to use a whole lot more of wax for you the other time and if that isn't enough, we even have to use about a whole can of hair spray for that ugly hairstyle they wanted you on.", the latter scoffed more as he then again, inhale the weed in hand again.

"Gosh I hate that hairstyle. Y'know how long it takes for the grease to come off completely? A week. And I had to washed my hair at least 2-3 times a day.", Sunggyu shakes his head at the horrible memory. "Hey Jong, gimme a light.", the singer asked as he fishes his very own weed from his due back found from his back pocket.

With that, the younger turned the knob of the lighter, starting a small fire at the outlet and bringing it close to the end of the bud that Sunggyu had placed between his lips. A forming trail of white smoke soon formed and with that, the lighter is kept.

"Hyung. Have you ever wondered what will happen... when you're due... I mean... I would miss you. And things would be boring when you're not here.", the latter spoke out as they walk in a pace.

"Hmm..?", the elder's head perk to the other, blinking for a moment before his head turned to where assorted colours of lights shine from a distance. A soft sigh was heard and a familiar soft whine came after as the singer had ruffled the other's hair. "I guess.. I might be either in heaven or hell. Who knows. I don't believe in afterlife though.. And I'm sure you'll be able to live it through without me. Afterall, you're my brother. Not biologically but we're became one with the blood, remember?", a soft low chuckle came out from the mouth of the brunette.

"What we did back then was stupid.", the younger adds but with a laugh. "Still.. I would miss you though. I wished you didn't have this stupid sickness.", the other frowned as he kick on a pebble which was in front of him as he walked.

"It's leukemia, Jongie-ah. And we can't help it. It's just unlucky for me to be in a family that runs leukemia in our blood.", Sunggyu laughs dryly as he swings his arms over the other's shoulder. The younger didn't reply but Sunggyu could hear soft cussing from the other's breath. The singer could only put on a small smile as he yet again ruffles the latter's hair as they reach to a night club.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Why don't you go dance around first? I'll probably need another weed in my system before I start drinking. I'll meet you in later.", he tells the other, waving him off to go about the club in which the latter did after responding to the wave. With that, Sunggyu then exist to the back door of the club then walks aimlessly around the back parts of the club after having yet another weed lighted up, inhalling the toxic for the umptenth time. He takes the drag longer than usual, letting the tabocco running through his system like a wildfire before exhaling the misty trails, letting it linger as he strode around. Little did he know, he had been followed by someone who then had bumped him, making the bud in hand fall onto the moist ground and directly on a small puddle, killing the fire slightly. He curses at the one who had bumped him for dropping his last supply of high.

Turning around, he then meets a familiar jet black-haired figure, this time his face is more evident under the dim street light that directly shines above them. "Oh. It's you.", the both of them had said at the same minute of time, both too had their pointer fingers at each other. "You know me?", both of them asked again at the same time, leading to a small chorus of laughing fits.

After a while that they have settle from their laughings, things turned out serious as Sunggyu's eyes settles on the facial features of the other. Handsome would be the word to use if Sunggyu had one word to describe of the other. Like what he had saw from earlier, the other indeed do have a jawline that many men would envied. The other doesn't wear any makeup aside the lip gloss that Sunggyu could see and thankfully, he didn't for the other's natural look would be concealed with the layers of powder like what Sunggyu has on now. A cough was heard soon, causing the singer to break his thoughts of the other. An awkwardly standing figure before him had been looking at the singer, feeling a bit self-concious. Rubbing his nape, Sunggyu apologizes to the other and offering a hand. "Kim Sunggyu. You were at the club earlier, right? I saw you leaving half-way though. Was my singing that bad?", he jokingly asked as he watches the other had hints of red blush.

"Ah no! It's just that my college friends forced me there and don't get me wrong- you're singing is perfect, really- I mean it's nice and pleasant to hear- no wait. It's nice. Yes. It's nice. Oh and just- The crowds kept pushing me here and there when I was trying to focus on you- I mean so that I can see you well but... yeah..", the latter's blush flushed more evidently now as he bites his bottom lips as an reaction.

"I see.. Well.. you haven't tell me of your name yet.", the singer smiled slightly, long forgotten of his dying cigarette that had dropped from the incident before. "And.. it's getting cold and you aren't wearing any jacket, so why don't we head in and have our conversation in there.", he offers yet another smile.

"Ah. I'm Woohyun. Nam Woohyun. And.. yeah sure. That'll be cool. It's really cold out here.", the other laughs dryly as he wraps his hands around his shoulder in another attempt of making friction. 

"Well... it's a pleasure meeting you, Nam Woohyun-shi.", the brunette adds as he motions the other to step ahead first in entering the club. The loudness of the electro music that now plays burst throught the speakers from every corner of the club as the both of them had settle down on a couch, both having a conversation spark up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N ; Anddddd cut. This marks the end of the first part in Sunggyu's POV, teehee. And so, Happy New Year, yeorobun o/ (( Also, I would be updating really slow as of now because new sem is about to begin tomorrow and it's my senior year :( )) Do take good care of yourss and stay healthy o/

As of the usual, subscribe if you're new, comment and let me know of your feedbacks and upvote if you like this story o/

50s-tionary;

due back(s) - packet of cigarette

greaser - a guy with tones of grease in his hair

weed - cigarette