Honeymoon Avenue

It's Time to Say Goodbye {ONHOLD}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Sorry for the late update guys. I hope you liked this. Comment, and Vote please if you enjoyed it. Thank you

 

Honeymoon Avenue

After that short ordeal, things started to return to normal. Dara and Kris never met again until Kris finally did something about it.  

"I want our company to target a new demographic. We've always appealed to rich socialites and people who are capable of spending a lot of money for our furniture. I want to create a brand that is also appealing to those with medium income wages," Kris stated as he called his team in for a meeting.

"However, there is a possibility that if we create this brand, we'll lose the exclusivity that our rich buyers feel when they buy our products. I personally believe that this is an oversight in your part. I suggest we stick with the formula of keeping our products expensive and ensure that the standard that we raised for ourselves be upheld," Chen replied.

"I've already talked with the marketing executive, and I feel like this is a risk that we have to take. Wu Yifan Industries is a global name and as much as I want our clientele to remain the way that it is, I believe that we should expand to better adapt to changing times," he reasoned. Chen looked doubtful but agreed nonetheless.

"Now, we need to hire a model that looks simple but also regal; we want to keep that prestige that our company has but also putting another dimension. I have the perfect model: Ms. Sandara Park,” Kris said.

"Hyung! You found her! How?" Chanyeol excitedly said, standing from his chair shouting in glee.

"Well she's an upcoming model. She doesn't have any photo shoots to her name but she's getting jobs here and there," Kris answered. 

"Let's get her!" All eleven boys, not including Kris, said in unison. He shook his head in disbelief and laughed at them. 

"However, we had a misunderstanding a few months ago and we have to get her under duress. Now, who here is the best liar out of all of us?" 

"Me!" They all shouted.

"No—Lay, you can get the job done right? Just give her vague answers until she comes in and takes pictures and then I'll show up and we'll take it from there. Arasso?"

Lay nodded and that was that.

Few weeks later and Dara was contacted by a person of her past.

"Lay? Omo,” Dara said.

Lay and Dara were never really close to begin with so she was shocked when she received a call from him offering her a new job for a company that he was working with.

"What happened with Kris? Weren't you all working under him?" she asked curiously.

"Well, something happened and we're not talking anymore. EXO's not together anymore either," Lay answered.

That's why Dara never saw Kris with his friends. She shrugged. It was a good opportunity, considering that she was new in the industry and she wanted to get her name out somehow.

"I'll do it." 

"Great, I'll email you the address and I'll see you soon," Lay said before ending the call. Dara shouted in glee.

"My first job! Yes! Honey, oh my God!" Dara ran to Woobin who was lounging on the couch, mindlessly watching some sitcom that he happened to come across. She jumped on him, earning a huge "oomph" from her boyfriend.

"Yeobo! Aish, my ribs hurt," Woobin complained, giving his girlfriend a pout.

"Ahh my big baby," Dara said as she gave him a peck on the cheek which earned her a kiss in return.

"Guess what?"

"What?" Woobin curiously asked.

"I got my first photo shoot! It's an old friend of mine. He didn't give much details but he's to be trusted so I didn't bother to ask. This is it Wil! My dream is finally coming true. I'm so happy," Dara said as tears were falling from her face. Woobin gave her a genuine smile.

"You deserve it. I've seen your talent, and now it's time for the world to see it too," Woobin said before touching his lips with hers. Woobin was deepening the kiss every second. He lifted her from the couch and carried her bridal style to their bedroom. There, they celebrated Dara's first project.

That night, Dara was frantically checking her email, making sure that she did not miss Lay's directions. She was both excited and nervous, being a rookie and all but Woobin kept on reassuring her that she would be fine, detailing his first modelling job and how he angered the photographer for looking too "cold" when the concept of the shoot was supposed to be happy and warm. She laughed at that and admittedly, her nerves died down. 

She was anxious but she also knew that Lay would never do something to hurt her. They weren't close, but based on what she remembered of him (or of what Kris told her about him), she knew that she could trust him.

After one more stressed click, Lay's message appeared telling her the location of the shoot and what time to be there. She released a sigh of relief. It was real. She looked up the time and saw that it was 4 am. 

"," she muttered to herself. She distanced herself from her desk and went to the bathroom to get ready for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter