t w o

Karissa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♣♣♣

 

Forgetting pain is convenient, remembering it is agonizing. 
But recovering from it is worth the suffering.

 

She was pale. Miyeon is.

The color of her skin slowly leaves her body like how a dried leaf falls from a tree when autumn comes. Her body, which is slowly becoming frail and weak, rested on the swing as she let the wind blow against her - now snow white - skin. She slowly closed her eyes and smiled weakly when she felt a prescence beside her.

The same prescence that was so familiar that made her feel warm inside. She felt the prescence moved closer to her making her smile a little wider. She rested her head on his shoulder and felt him lean against her, which made the smile on her pretty face last a little longer.

She slowly opened her eyes and the sight of the lifeless garden welcomed her. Her smile quickly upturned and she instinctively clung onto the prescence beside her and formed her lips a thin line. The prescence felt Miyeon's hand dug onto his skin, making him place his hand over hers and quietly shushed Miyeon. She slowly relaxed, releasing her hand which the prescence caught, lacing his with hers. Miyeon's eyes wandered towards their intertwined hands and stared at how their hands perfectly fit.

Another soft wind blew causing the chimes to dance, ringing, as their soft sounds surround the two. Miyeon placed her other hand over their laced ones and listened as the prescence hummed a soft tune, slightly moving the swing with his feet, feeling the soft breeze passed by their faces.

"You should eat. You look so thin and pale, you might get sick sooner or later."

The voice broke through the silence making Miyeon lightly shook her head.

"I don't have the heart to do so."

"But you need to." 

Miyeon lifted her head to see warm, worried eyes staring back at hers. She gave him a small smile as she slowly raised her hand and caressed his cheek.

"Jimin, don't worry about me too much."

Jimin's lips formed a thin line and a soft sigh escaped from them. He silently nodded, looking away. The sight of Miyeon looking so frail isn't something he could bare. He tried feeding her before, only to result to Miyeon throwing everything away and hurting herself during the process. Jimin learned from that experience well enough not to push Miyeon to do anything she doesn't want to, for she will just end up hurting herself.

Hurting herself is the last thing Jimin wanted Miyeon to do.

Another sigh escaped his lips as Miyeon leaned on his shoulder again, staring at the lifeless garden. The lifeless garden. Jimin wondered when did their beautiful garden lost its beauty. He stared at it, thoughts lingering inside his head when he heard Miyeon's soft voice.

"My memories, my dreams. Why do I feel so shattered? Like everything is dead to me."

Jimin looked at her, eyes full of concern. He lifted his arms, wrapping them around his wife protectively. Miyeon let him caress her hair with his hand as he inhale her scent, pulling her even closer.

"Don't say that."

Miyeon clutch his shirt as she pressed her face on his chest.

"How could I not? Promises, actions, people." She lifted her face to catch a glimpse of those beautiful brown orbs, "Everything that's happening, why do all of it felt like a dream?"

She felt Jimin's hold tightened as she wasted no second to wait for him to respond. "Even you, holding me, feels like a dream Jimin."

Jimin pressed his chin onto the top of her head as he continued to caress Miyeon's hair.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter