| 34 |

The Mission I Must Complete

Fun

Sae Ra POV
Right away in the morning I received Junki's text reminding me of our hang out after school. I was excited but I guess he was even more. He couldn't even contain it. I re-read his message and a smile appeared on my face. Such a childish person.

'Don't forget our hang out tutor-nim! Buing buing.'

"What are you smiling at?" 

I jumped when I heard Cindy's voice and immediately locked my phone, slipping it into my school bag. 

"Nothing. Why?" I asked, trying to be calm. 

"You liar. Tell me what you were smiling at" she narrowed her eyes.

"It was nothing really.." I muttered, "Oh would you look at the time! I'm going down. Bye!"

I quickly went out of my bedroom and walked further, leaning on the wall when I stopped.

"That was close.." I let out a breath of relief.

"What was close?"

"Ahh!" I yelped and turned around to see the culprit. 

"DO NOT SCARE ME LIKE THAT!" I shouted. 

"Sorry Noona. Didn't know you were easily scared" Sehun apologized. 

"I don't get scared easily" I defended myself. 

"Then how did I scare you if you said you don't get scared easily?" he raised an eyebrow. 

"It doesn't mean that I told you I get scared easily that I do not get scared at all" I replied, getting closer to him. 

"Well then, you should've said that you get scared sometimes instead of saying you don't get scared easily" Sehun retorted, stepping closer too.

"At least I added the word easily at the end of my sentence to emphasize that I get scared sometimes" I huffed, irritated. 

"Are we playing that game Noona?" Sehun asked. 

"What game?"

"Saying long sentences that don't make sense" 

"I think we are" I giggled. 

"You know Noona, anyone who sees us right now would think we are gonna kiss" he commented. 

"Ew! Ice Prince!" I yelled and pushed him away. 

"I was just joking" he burst out into laughter, showing his eye smile. 

"Are you sure you guys aren't a couple?"

I looked to my side and saw Xiumin leaning on the wall with his arms crossed and a questioning gaze. 

"Oppa, for the last time.. No we are not a couple, but of course I love my Sehunnie~" I teased and earned a glare from Sehun.

"Yeah Hyung, we do love each other but not in that way" Sehun added. 

"Okay then. I'll believe you guys this time" Xiumin said and left.

After he disappeared from my sight, I turned to Sehun, "do we really look like a couple?"

"I guess to some people we do" he shrugged and slung his arm around my shoulder. 

"Where's Daehyun oppa by the way?" I asked. 

"Oh, Hyung said he had to settle a few things" Sehun answered.

"A few things?" I side-eyed him.

"Don't look at me like that. That's the only thing Hyung said" Sehun grumbled. 

"Okay, okay. Just don't frown" I laughed, pushing the sides of his lips up.

"Let's go down before we're late" he suggested.

"Alright" 

We went downstairs with Sehun's arm still around my shoulders and my arm around his waist. The both of us had smiles on our faces. 


Luhan POV
I watched from the side as Sehun and Mi Kyung walked down together. I felt a burning sensation in my chest but couldn't really explain it. I didn't know if I was mad, hurt, angry or jealous. I couldn't make the feeling go away either. This feeling was killing me. Although I knew why I was feeling this way, I didn't want to admit it. I felt a sudden pat on my shoulder and looked up to see Kris. He had a weird expression on as if he was giving me a sorry look? Then he left me alone without saying anything. What was that all about?

*No way.. Does he know my feelings for Mi Kyung?*

I stared at Kris's retreating back in shock. There was no way he could ever know my feelings for Mi Kyung. It was recently when I confirmed my feelings for Mi Kyung but I never told anyone about it. I brushed the matter off and went into my room to get my school bag. I hoisted it over my shoulders and went downstairs. The moment I reached the dining table, I saw Mi Kyung seated in between Daehyun and Sehun. I settled on my seat which was opposite of Sehun and ate my breakfast. 

"Oppa, can you get me that please?" I heard Mi Kyung ask. 

My head was down but my eyes were glancing at Mi Kyung. Now that I've noticed, she only called three people 'Oppa'. Xiumin, Daehyun and Yongguk. She was most definitely younger than most of the Exo boys and it was obvious that she was younger than me but she doesn't call the others 'Oppa'. 

*I gotta ask her why one day. Should I try asking Cindy?* 

I glanced at Cindy and nodded mentally. I would ask Cindy later. For now, continue eating. After all of us finished, we entered the limo. I was glad that Mi Kyung sat beside me. It proves that she wasn't avoiding me anymore. When we reached  school, I was the second to come out of the limo. Mi Kyung was always the first. I was surrounded by fangirls the moment I stepped out of the limo. There was barely even enough space to breathe. The other Exo members came out and more fangirls surrounded all of us. 

"Fán rén de" I muttered under my breath. 


Sae Ra POV
"Good thing we made it out alive" I sighed in relief. 

"It gets worse everyday" Cindy commented.

"Let's go in before we get trampled" I demanded.

We went in the school building and went our separate ways. As I was walking to my classroom, a pair of hands suddenly covered my eyes. I was startled but maintained my expressionless face. My hands reached up to the hands that covered my eyes. Once my fingers made contact with the person's hand, I knew who the person was right away. Though I'm not really sure whether I had held hands with him before. Maybe I had. 

"What do you want Junki?" I smiled cheekily.

He let his hands down and walked beside me.

"How'd you guessed it was me?" he questioned

"I had a feeling it was you" I answered.

"Did you get my text?" he impatiently asked.

I looked at him and flicked his forehead in a blink of an eye.

"Ouch!"

"That's for being so childish" I scolded jokingly. 

"I wasn't being childish!" he protested.

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow, "what was the last part? Bui- mmphhh"

Junki placed his hand over my mouth, disrupting my sentence. 

"Okay, I'm sorry. I was childish but please do not say it out loud" he pleaded. 

I used my index finger to point at his hand that was covering my mouth and Junki immediately let his hand down with an apology leaving his lips afterwards. I laughed at his actions and continued walking to class. The first period was PE. Oh god. 

"See you later"

Me and Junki went to our respective changing rooms to change into our PE clothes. After changing, I went out and scanned the room. I suddenly felt sad when I remembered that Jongup would always be beside me. Thinking about the four boys from BAP made me sadder. 

"What's with that face" Junki used his fingers to lift the sides of my lips upwards.

"I see you like touching my face" I hissed playfully.

"Yes, you have really smooth skin" he complimented.

"You sound like a ert, but thanks" I grinned. 

"You never know whether I am one or not" he smirked. 

I looked at him weirdly then walked away. I heard him laughing behind me as I shook my head. 

*Why do I have many immature people in my life?*

"Alright class. Today is girl versus boy. When your name is called, please come out to the mattress"

"Do you think we'll have a fight against each other today?" Junki nudged me.

"I doubt it" I replied.

"Mi Kyung and Chanyeol"

My eyes widened slightly when I heard his name. I searched the room for a fair skinned giant with pointy ears and creepy grin. It wasn't hard to find him with his towering height. 

"I heard he was strong. Good Luck" Junki gave a thumbs up.

I nodded as a response and walked to the mattress. There, I stood face to face with Chanyeol. Well, not exactly. He was one or two heads taller than me. 

"You may start" Coach blew the whistle. 

"This is our first time fighting right?" he asked with a smile.

"Definitely is" I answered with the same expression. 

"Ladies first?" he gestured.

Since he gave me the honors, I took it. I never knew how strong the members from K were except for Sehun and this was a good chance to test Chanyeol's. I tried to punch him but he grabbed my wrist. With half of my effort, I couldn't get out of his grip. Okay, Chanyeol confirmed; very strong. Since he was holding me, I wanted to throw him over my shoulders but he was holding himself down. Strength, checked. Skills, checked. Now I have to end this fight. He had me in his hold. One arm around my neck the other around my waist. If he made me fall, he could win. 

"Any last words Mi Kyung?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Chanyeol oppa" I said. 

His grip released and I smirked in victory. How could you win a fight against a girl if you couldn't fight her words. I turned to him and tripped him, which made him fall. He was on the mattress, staring at me like I did something unbelievable. 

"Mi Kyung win"

I pulled Chanyeol up to his feet and patted his shoulder. Finally, he was out from his trance. 

"You called me Oppa" he beamed.

"Yes I did and it will be hard to hear it again" I stated. 

I walked back to my place which was beside Junki. The lesson went on and ended after a few hours. I changed back into my uniform. I had a free period because my Math teacher was absent. I was looking out of my class when I spotted Cindy talking to her friends. I was about to stand up but I saw Luhan approaching her. He said something to her then they left together. Suddenly I felt pretty jealous

*Damn you Luhan, stealing Cindy away from me*

School ended shortly and I packed up my things, leaving the classroom. I totally wasn't expecting this but Junki was right in front of the classroom. 

"Junki" I called.

He turned around and a smile popped onto his face, "Hey Mi Kyung! You ready?"

"School ended a few seconds ago, how did you manage to get to this class from your class?" I questioned. 

"Umm.. I went out five minutes earlier.." he muttered. 

"Oh god.." I sighed. 

"Let's go!" he beamed and interlaced our fingers together. 

"Where are we going?" I managed to ask despite the speed he was pulling me at. 

"The cafe we used to go" he answered. 

Fortunately, the cafe wasn't very far from school. Otherwise, I would have been obdurate and not go with him. Within five minutes, we had reached the cafe. We entered the cafe and the aroma of the coffee beans instantly hit me. Not that I hated it, I loved coffee. After buying a cup of coffee for each of us, Junki dragged me out of the cafe. 

"Where are we going now?" I sighed.

"For a walk" he answered without looking back.

"Where exactly?" I asked.

"You'll see it soon" he beamed like a child.

A small smile crept onto my lips seeing how excited he was. We kept on walking and walking but Junki suddenly halted which made me stop. 

"What's wrong?" I worriedly asked.

"We're here" he stated.

I looked around to see where we were and gasped in amazement. It was a really beautiful sight. We were on a road which was between rows of cherry blossom trees. It was very pink that it looked too fake to be true. I walked up to one Sakura tree, letting go of Junki's hand. My fingers reached up to gently brush the flowers. I couldn't help but to smile at its beauty. 

"They're your favourite, aren't they?" Junki asked from behind me.

"Yes they are" I answered. "How did you know?" 

"Now that's a secret" he chuckled. 

I did not question him further and admired the scenery. When I turned to look at Junki, he was already looking at me. Instead of turning away, he smiled. 

"Thanks for bringing me here" I walked towards him.

"You're welcome. Anytime you want to come here, just tell me" he mentioned.

"Sure I will" I smirked playfully.

"Let's go before it gets dark" he announced.

I nodded and we left the road where my favourite flower and tree lied. I was sent home by a cab which was paid by Junki. I told him that he did not have to but he insisted saying that it was him who planned to bring me there. I sighed in defeat and allowed him to pay for me. We said our goodbyes and I left. 

"Boyfriend?" the driver suddenly asked, making me slightly taken back.

"No, we're just friends" I declared. 

"Well, sure doesn't look like it" the driver teased. 

I smiled but never said anything after that. In a while, I've reached my house. I went down and thanked the cab driver. 

"Where did you go young lady?"

I turned around and was met with Dad's eyes.

"Somewhere" I answered calmly.

"Where exactly is that somewhere?" he arched an eyebrow.

"A road with Sakura trees" I replied. 

"With who? I doubt you went alone" he uttered.

"Lee Junki" I said.

"Ah, that boy you tutor in math?" he asked.

"Yes, him" I nodded.

"Well then, come in" Dad gestured towards the door.

I went in with Dad following closely behind me. I walked upstairs to my room and showered, changing into my sleep wear. I slipped under the sheets and my eyes immediately became heavier making me sleep right away.