mistletoe

❈ miracles of december┊drabbles

;; Mistletoe

Jongin/Kyungsoo/Chanyeol

1o72 words

for Shila @DORKyungsoo4 

 


warning(s): dorky attempts from ChanKai/obliviously cute Soo

 

 

 

On screen, Jongin and Chanyeol might act like they’re the best of friends with their touching hyung-dongsaeng relationship. Chanyeol would constantly praise the dancer because of his so-called crush on ‘Kai’ and Jongin would playfully hug him in response, laughing abashedly from the attention from the older member. However, their sweet (fake) relationship was built for the sake of their fans.

 

Once the cameraman and the crew are gone, Chanyeol and Jongin are anything but best friends. They are still friends; as friendly they could be despite their distinct differences and their fiery competition (to get a certain wide eyed vocalist’s attention).

 

 

 

“Go away. This is my spot!” Narrowed slit eyes glared daggers at the tall rapper. Jongin ran his fingers through his hair, the look of frustration etching on his handsome face. “Go find your own mistletoe spot, Chanyeol.”

 

The taller male huffed, crossing his arms to stand his ground. “No.” Chanyeol smirked, using the advantage of his height to stare down at the dancer. “I came here first and I’m going to hang my mistletoe here.” He dug his hand into his pocket and fished out a small plant tied with a red ribbon. “So you go and I stay.”

 

“That’s just cheating!” Jongin’s face darkened as he hissed out viciously yet quietly, not wanting to stir a sleeping Kyungsoo next door. He knew that the vocalist had stayed up late again last night just to practice their song. The tanned male jabbed a finger outside as he spoke, “Besides, you already hung one outside of hyung’s room so I get to hang mine in the kitchen.”

 

The dark clouds were looming over Chanyeol’s face. His irritation hadn’t dissipate ever since Jongin showed up and kept arguing with him early in the morning. The rapper’s voice was more than annoyed as he rebutted, “Well, aren’t you a selfish little shi -”

 

 

They were interrupted by a loud grunt which had their heads turning to the source of the noise. It was Baekhyun, the half awakened diva with his eyes glinting ferociously from being rouse up.

 

 

Taking stomping steps towards the two, Baekhyun growled like a monster on rampage. The short male shoved his finger into Jongin’s chest repeated as he complained, “Will you two be quiet? It’s 8 in the morning and I don’t have the mood to listen to you two yell your heads off at each other.”

 

He then shoved his finger into Chanyeol’s chest, disregarding the wince from the other. “So shut the up before I castrate you two and you won’t be able to touch Kyungsoo anymore.” Baekhyun hissed in triumph before he gave another threatening look at Chanyeol and Jongin, swearing that he’d do so if they didn’t zip their mouths.

 

Jongin and Chanyeol stared after Baekhyun’s retreating figure, too scared to even make a sound. Hell has no fury like Byun Baekhyun scorn. Besides, they’d like to keep their family jewels intact (if not how would they be able to satisfy Kyungsoo right).

 

 

 

The vocalist muttered under his breath. “You have to be kidding me.” Kyungsoo turned a furious shade of red as he walked passed another mistletoe, short legs waddling cutely. Ahead of him, he spotted another one just as he was about to go into his kitchen.

 

Kyungsoo stopped mid-walk and released a meek squeak. His body automatically whirled around in a 360 degree, his brain decided to direct his legs towards the bathroom instead. At least there he’d be away from any potential kiss stealing.

 

Apparently he was wrong.

 

“Hello, little kitten.” The soft, silky voice greeted Kyungsoo. “Gorgeous morning, isn’t it?” Chanyeol’s face was suddenly looming right before the doe eyed male’s, his eyes staring into Kyungsoo’s utmost intent. He was so near Kyungsoo could see the brown flecks in those dark orbs.

 

It took all of Kyungsoo’s willpower not to scream and run away. Feeling a little proud of his control, Kyungsoo hastily whispered back, “M-Morning, hyung.” He flinched when he realised their noses were brushing. The surge of heat ran up to his face as he demanded in a squeaky voice, “W-Why are you doing this?”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes gleamed with hidden conquest and a dumbstruck Kyungsoo watched as he leaned even nearer to his ear, too flustered that he almost didn’t catch Chanyeol’s next words.

 

“You know what they say about mistletoes.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in bewilderment as the older male pulled back slowly, only to approach him once again. He noticed Chanyeol’s intense gaze set on his lips. Kyungsoo panicked, his heart thumping rapidly like a scared rabbit.

 

The pinkness of Kyungsoo’s cheeks darkened to a shade of red. Oh, he’s going to -

 

 

 

“KYUNGSOO HYUNG!” Jongin’s voice echoed from the kitchen loudly, breaking the trance between them.

 

Chanyeol backed away and started facepalming himself, grumbling lowly. He wasn’t pleased with Jongin who just kiss blocked him and his beloved kitten. He took a glimpse of the adorable male who looked beyond confused and disbelief at what was going to happen just now. How cute.

 

“Oh, uh,” Kyungsoo froze like a deer caught in headlights. “I have to go.” Kyungsoo’s eyes met Chanyeol’s and the smaller male flushed a deeper crimson before leaving.

 

 

 

Chanyeol followed after him like a puppy, his strong refusal to leave his kitten alone with the predatory Jongin. Who knows what he will do to his innocent Kyungsoo? Besides, if Jongin was not letting him have any action - why should he let Jongin?

 

The rapper stomped into the kitchen and sat himself on a stool, smirking smugly when Jongin scowled back at him. Oh yes, if he didn’t get to taste Kyungsoo’s sweet lips then Jongin’s chance of doing so was less than zero.

 

And poor Kyungsoo was stuck in the middle, eyes flickering back and forth between the two possessive males without a single clue of what was going on. He was about to quietly escape while the two were busy glaring each other but just as soon as he reached the living room, he got reeled back by strong arms.

 

“And where do you think you’re going, hyung?” Jongin whispered deliberately, voice full of seduction. “You haven’t gave me my mistletoe kiss yet.”


Kyungsoo’s mind went blank. He raised his head and saw the plant hanging on the ceiling, dangling above their heads almost teasingly. Lady Luck must be pulling some kind of joke on him.