snowflake

❈ miracles of december┊drabbles

;; Snowflake

Jongin/Kyungsoo

75o words

for Panda @fanficpanda 

 


warning(s):  lovestruck jongin and cheesy ending

 

 

 

“It’s c-c-c-c-cold.” Kyungsoo’s teeth chattered, disrupting his speech. Everyone was mostly clad in winter attire; knitted sweaters, high boots, scarves, ear muffs and gloves except for himself.

 

The freezing sensation creeping up underneath his skin was unnerving. It sent him shudders and Kyungsoo rubbed his small palms together in attempt to create heat. He wasn’t expecting it to snow today (albeit it wasn’t a strong one, just little snowflakes falling everywhere) and this just proved how much the weather could be unpredictable at times.

 

He’d always been reminding s to dress warmly and bring gloves along in case they were cold. And now, he was the forgetful one. Kyungsoo had an urge to facepalm himself and run into the nearest lamp post.

 

Or maybe he’d just find a winter attire store and buy a coat instead. “Mmm.” Kyungsoo nodded happily and puffed his cheeks out. How he adores coats especially winter seasoned ones. He’s been aching to buy a trench coat. He’d get to bury half of his face down into the collar and his cold hands down into the pockets, feeling the warm wool insulate his body.

 

He increased his strides, eagerly to purchase one.

 

 

“Hyung.” A soft voice called him from behind. Jogging steps were heard approaching the short male. “Hyung.” The voice called out louder. Jongin was annoyed from being ignored until he realised he’d been shouting hyung without even calling a name. Of course, Kyungsoo wouldn’t answer.

 

Jongin pursued his lips and sped up a little to catch up with the shivering male. “Kyungsoo hyung!”

 

The boy with red puffy cheeks whirled around and upon recognising his bandmate, his lips parted into a wide ‘O’. Blinking repeatedly, Kyungsoo pinched himself just to make sure he wasn’t hallucinating. The sharp jolt of pain on his cheeks was confirmation.

 

Kyungsoo’s smile was radiant as he greeted the dancer. “Hi, Jongin.”

 

Starstruck by the male’s beautiful expression, Jongin stammered out rather dumbly. “Hyu..hyung.” He flinched at his own fail. The tanned male rubbed the back of his neck nervously and prayed that the other wouldn’t question him why he was here. Apparently, he wasn’t that lucky.

 

Kyungsoo seemed to disregard the fact that Jongin was behaving like a blushing schoolgirl around him. After All, Jongin was shy and awkward compared to his alter-ego Kai. “Why are you here?” Kyungsoo tilted his head questioningly. “I thought you went back to your hometown.”

 

Unable to hold Kyungsoo’s wide eyed stare, Jongin lowered his gaze onto the ground where snow started to cover the grey pavements. “O-Oh, I..” I didn’t want to leave you alone since it’s so close to Christmas day. He kicked some snow off the ground.“My family went on vacation without me so I decided to stay here..”

 

The lie went unnoticed by Kyungsoo. A reassuring smile played across Kyungsoo’s lips. “Such a pity.” The smile morphed into a bright grin as Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin’s arm and swung them together. “It’s okay, Jongin ah! You still have me.”

 

Jongin’s eyes widened, heart beating like a wild drum. The world went in slow motion. It might not be a direct confession but for Jongin those words meant the world to him.

 

 

 

“Snowflakes.” Kyungsoo gasped out eagerly, holding his palm upside to catch the tiny flakes. There was this spark within his eyes, one that made Jongin’s mouth go dry. The cherubic male grinned, cheeks flushed and eyes crinkled as he gestured to his hand. “Look, aren’t they beautiful?”

 

Jongin wasn’t looking at the snowflake. Why would he when there was something better than that? His intense gaze was focused on Kyungsoo’s glowing face as he answered in a raspy voice, “Yeah.”

 

You’re beautiful.

 

 

 

To confess his undying love for Do Kyungsoo. That is his resolve for this Christmas day. Jongin stared up at the sky where the snowflakes danced around the streets, blown away by the breezy wind. For a moment, he closed his eyes and imagined what it would feel like just to hold Kyungsoo and kiss him like he belonged to him. Just for a moment.

 

“Jongin..” The dulcet voice called for him.

 

He found Kyungsoo looking up at him in concern. He crushed the skepticism in his heart and hardened his resolve. His skin was prickling cold but his body was on fire. He was going to do it. Jongin palmed the older male’s red cheek and swiped a thumb over the soft skin, murmuring, “Hyung, please be mine.”

 

Kyungsoo stared back at him, eyes so full of emotions and with a curt reply, Kyungsoo struck Jongin’s heart with his love. “I thought I already was.”