Chapter 2

Butler on the Roll

"Wake up mistress, it's time for breakfast." Minyung was awoken to the sounds of maids, clinking and clattering silverware as she drowsily awoke from her slumber. "What... I... It's already time?" she asked the maid as she rubbed her eyes to see the beaming bright light shower into the dark room.

"Yes mistress, you must eat breakfast, it's not good if you don't have something to eat in the mornings." Without any thought, the maid had already pulled the duvet from Minyung's bed and she was faced with the freezing cold of what is now known as her new bedroom. It gave her chills to think that this was now where she had to live for god knows how long.

"Ok, fine. Breakfast then." she muttered while jumping out of the bed and heading to the toilet. For she didn't know, that when she finished her business in the toilet, the maids had already prepared clothes for her to wear. "I'm only going down to eat breakfast! It's the weekend as well." Minyung responded as the maids looked at her in utter shock. 

"Why, mistress, you can't wear... 'That' down to eat breakfast, it is not suited for a lady of your age." Minyung had looked down at what she was wearing and thought it was perfectly normal; after all it was just her pj's.

"No, really it's fine. I mean it's not like anyone's joining me to eat right? I mean, grandmother isn't even here until noon." Minyung suspected that nobody else was in the mansion of great importance other than her. The maids had shook their heads at what Minyung just said. "No, your grandfather will be joining you miss." Dread filled her as she looked at the maids.

"Grand.. grandpa? Why... Why didn't anyone tell me! Besides, who needs to get changed for breakfast any ways?!" pushing her way through the maids, she bumped into no other than the butler. "Mademoiselle, one does not simply leave the room without dressing properly for a meal." the butler remarked as she rolled her eyes at the heavens. "God knows why am I not dressed. It's only for breakfast." Battling her way from her butler, she thought she had escaped but only to be swept off her feet. All she could see now was the floor as she angrily turned to look at the butler. "Put me down this instant! I demand!" Minyung was now in a tight struggle, the butler would not let her go as she let out a grunt of incredulity. "I'll say this again! Put me do-" Nevertheless, she could not finish what she wanted to say, as she was thrown down onto the floor of the toilet. There was no time for her to stand up as a dress was thrown at her face as the butler looked at his watch again. "Your going to be late for breakfast with your grandfather, dear, please get this dress on, we will be waiting for you, mistress." Stammering for words, Minyung rapidly tried to get up but was once greeted with the door slammed in her face and another factor, it being locked.

"This... This is not fair!" she proclaimed, but all she could hear was the maids laughter and a scolding butler. Letting out the nineth sigh, she had no choice but to put the dress on. 

It had only been 5 minutes and a knock was heard on the toilet room door. "Mademoiselle, may I open this door?" the butler pronounced while slowly unlocking the door. "Minyung, it is time-" To the butler's amazement, he had guessed the size of the dress and to his astonishment, what an accurate guess it was. It fitted Minyung perfectly and the sight of the dress on that particular woman made sure that the butler's eyes could not be averted. 

Not only was the dress pretty on the light skinned girl, she was the one that made the dress look good on her.

"Do I look fine? The dress is actually really comfortable... And its very light." she stated.

"Mi-Mistress, it certainly does suit you." Minyung had sworn she heard the butler stutter and looked away quickly as they made swift eye contact.

Minyung was wondering how this day could possibly get any worse.