Chapter 3

Butler on the Roll

One does not simply use a fork and knife. It is in which the two cutlery is held in which hand that counts to addressing the simplicity of using a fork and knife... Not to mention how you hold the knife and fork, that too is accounted. As the maids rambled on about mannerism at the tables, they left the butler, Minyung and her grandfather in the dinning room.

After greeting her grandfather, he was flattered by his granddaughters polite attitude, not knowing that the maids had prompted Minyung.

Minyung noticed that the butler that escorted her to the dining room was now standing next to her grandfather, standing there proudly and straight while trying to avoid direct eye contact with Minyung. She was not pleased to see the butler so stiff and serious. "Minyung my dear!" Her grandfather beamed as Minyung tried to smile at her grandfather, after all, they haven't seen each other in years. "You've grown so much my darling." Her grandfather had this gleam in his eyes, you would notice it from a mile away, it was so heart warming that Minyung could find herself trusting this man.

"Grandpa... It's been years." She felt her chest tighten as her grandfather patted her head. "Don't worry about it, we will catch up as we eat breakfast... And i'm glad this dress suits you, Sunggyu really did do a good job." Her grandfather praised Sunggyu as Minyung wondered who he was, having the slightest clue as to who Sunggyu was, even though it was quite obvious.

"Who is this Sunggyu you keep mentioning grandpa?" Minyung asked as her grandfather laughed.

He looked over at the direction of the butler as Minyung couldn't hold back her surprise. "Sunggyu, your assigned butler. Did he not tell you his name? Well, you now know then." He laughed loudly as Minyung looked at Sunggyu with distort.

"He has some manner issues, if i might add." She said underneath her breath as her grandfathers' ears perked open. "What was that dear?" He questioned while Minyung shook her head quickly, "Nothing, grandfather." She stared at Sunggyu for the entire breakfast even dropping her napkin to the floor to make Sunggyu pick it up.

"I'll pick it up my lady." Sunggyu took big stride steps towards where Minyung was sitting and bent down next to her seat to pick up her napkin. While softly placing down the napkin onto the table, Minyung placed her hand onto the top of Sunggyu's as he shivered in shock. "My lady?" He asks as she notices Sunggyu not directly looking at her. "Butler... Might I add that looking at someone when speaking to them is a trait learnt... A mannerism. I would like another glass of water, please." She smiled as she said those words; this was payback for what he had done last night and this morning as he looked away in embarrassment. "Yes my lady, I will keep that in mind. I will fetch for more water." Feeling as if his energy had been drain by this demanding lady, he sluggishly picked up Minyungs' cup and headed to the kitchen.

There was freshly boiled water that had already cooled down from the kettle as Sunggyu poured the water into Minyung's cup. Accidentally, he was thinking too hard at that moment when one of the maids came in and looked at him in confusion.

"Sunggyu-Ssi? Why are you still pouring water into that cup when it's already full?" Sunggyu looked at the cup and choked.

His heart was slightly beating faster than usual as the maid smiled at him.

"What's wrong, Sunggyu?" The maid asked with concern for Sunggyu, he shrugged this feeling off as he dried his hand off with the sink towel and grinned back at the maid.

"Nothing's wrong Soyu. It's just that... I find our master's granddaughter... Rather intriguing." He smiled to himself as he said this while heading back out with Minyung's water. Soyu was left standing in the kitchen as she bit her lip, she let slip as she cursed and went to the sink to clean her hands from cleaning around the mansion. Her heart was beating fast at what Sunggyu had just said and she could not help but clenched her fingers tight into the center of her palm.

She felt this overwhelming emotion and couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was.

Of course it wasn't jealousy... And that was what she was going to keep telling herself.