Transfer??

Only You

I jotted down the notes and paid my full attention into the details of the teacher’s explanation. It was not that I had anything to do better, right? I took a glimpse at the watch from time to time, hoping this boring day would over soon. Seriously, the memories from YG High were suffocating me every day. His traces were left in this whole school. How could I forget him?

“Chanyeol hasn’t come to school, again?” Mrs. Smith scanned the class.

Now that I realized my non blood-related brother Chanyeol had been missing for a couple of days. He hadn’t phoned me for a single call these days. That was so unlike of him. 

*Why did this sound so familiar?*

“Jong In had been missing for a couple of days already.” “Yes. I found no traces of him in these days.” “I heard he got into a fight last week. I think he got expelled because of that.” “He was such an arrogant boy. He always looked down on others.” “I hate that bastard.”

I heard students saying here and there. I kept my mind straight, not believing in whatever I heard from my class mates. I wanted to argue back but I didn’t know what to say and what would others think of me. I didn’t want the others to think of me as Jong In’s girlfriend or I had a crush on Jong In even if that was the truth.

“Minah…” Chanyeol popped out beside me. “Have you heard anything from Jong In yet?” I shook my head.

“I think he had been going through something bad. I heard his mum had been nagging him to transfer to a new school.”

I nodded and replied, “Yea, he told me once but could it be the main problem?”

He scratched his head and said, “Well I don’t know.” Just then, Jiyong walked into the class with a bruise over his face.

“Jiyong, what’s wrong?” Chanyeol and I both blurted out of curiosity.

He just smiled and answered, “Nothing happened. It was just that I bumped into a door.”

Taeyang came along and said, “Well! It sure was a huge door.” He too had a bruise over his face.

“Guys stop joking around! And tell us what’s wrong with your faces!” Gosh! I really detested solving out mysteries over mysteries.

Then they told me that they got into a fight with Jong In. Jong In was totally in love with Jessica, who was the queen of SM High and they told me that Jessica was not good for Jong In. So, they told Jong In about Jessica but received a punch from Jong In which then started a fight between these three.

“Guys seriously? You guys fought because of a girl?” I just looked at them in a shock.

Then Taeyang blurted, “Well I don’t regret hitting him but then I’m sorry that I broke our promise. He transferred to a new school and I bet he wouldn’t be coming back here ever again.”

I sighed and looked at them. Oh gosh, I didn’t know what to do.

*So, did this mean that Chanyeol left too?*

 I rushed out of the class as fast as I could when the realization hit me. No, not again. I had lost all of my friends but not this one last brother. Chanyeol and Taeyang had been by my side since Jong In left this school but not long ago, Taeyang went abroad to continue his studies. That resulted in leaving only me and Chanyeol behind at YG High. Yes, Jiyong was a good friend too but I wasn’t that good at making new friends since it had always been Jongin who would be always by my side whenever I tried to talk to strangers. With Jong In, talking to others made things less awkward but unlike before, I guessed I improved a bit better in communication. Well for now, I needed to search for that Chanyeol bastard. Where had he been?

Just then my phone rang. Without checking the caller ID, I answered the phone since my eyes were busy scanning all over the school hall.

“Yeoboseyeo?” I answered but got not a single response from the other line.

I murmured, “Must be another jerk…” and I was planning on hitting on the end call button but stopped as soon as I heard Chanyeol’s voice from the other line, “Minah Noona?”

“Yah… Where have you been in these days? How dare you not contacting me in these days? Are you also disappearing like the others huh?” I suddenly let out an outburst at him.

 “What? No, Noona! I am just calling you to come home earlier.”

“Family Meeting? Again?” I shrieked. I detested those family meetings, especially with Chanyeol’s parents. His parents were really strict and frightening. They expected his son, Chanyeol to be top in class. When they found out that I was Chanyeol’s best buddy, then they started considering me as their daughter since they wanted a daughter so badly. That was when my whole life was in crap. They wanted me to be in the top ten lists in class, like Chanyeol. Hell, they pressured us a lot. I sighed.

“Yea, that’s what I was going to say. They are the one who stopped me from going to school today.” Chanyeol complained.

“I understand. Ok then gotta go.” Then I hung up and walked back to class.

I slowly dragged myself to my home sweet home. I didn’t want to get back but I had to. I breathed in heavily as I reached by the fence of my house.

“Oh my baby! Come on! I’ve been missing you these days. Sorry that I couldn’t contact you in these days since I was a bit busy.” Mrs. Park pulled me into a hug as I got into the house.

“Neh, Mrs. Park. I miss you too.” I replied back.

“Sweetie, come and give a help here.” My mum called from the kitchen.

“Neh, Omonim.” I called out as I rushed into the kitchen. I helped out my mum with the meals and prepared dinner. Mrs. Park gave a hand too.

We all took a seat at the dinner table. Chanyeol and I sat side by side while the old couples were chit-chatting about this and that.

“Well, Chanyeol and Minah!” Mr. Park called. Both Chanyeol and I turned our heads toward them.

“We have decided to let you two transfers to a new school!” I just shrugged while Chanyeol’s eyes widened.

I just casually asked, “Which school are we transferring?”

“SM High!” Mrs. Park and my mum beamed.

“What’s so good about SM High?” Chanyeol snorted. Then he started whining like a kid, “Wae? Aboeji? Out of many schools, wae SM High?”

“Why not? It is a good school with better education and not to mention high scholars.” Mr. Park inserted the facts into Chanyeol’s mind but still Chanyeol kept complaining about the school. Why was he being that way?

I jumped out of startle when Mr. Park claimed loudly, “When I told you to transfer SM High, you have to. You have no choice. Start going school from tomorrow. That’s it. No buts, no comments!” He was hell scary when times like this happened.

“Well sweetie, were you scared? Don’t worry! I am not mad at you.” Mr. Park smiled at me. He sure was a bipolar. I shook my head to clear my mind and headed to the kitchen to wash the dishes, leaving behind the scene. Chanyeol popped out from nowhere and said, “I’m helping.”

“Hey… are you ok?” I asked while cleaning the dishes. He nodded.

“So, what’s your reason for causing a scene out there?” He stared at me for a couple of minutes then, smiled.

“Do you hate that school so much? Why? Is it because of Lily?” Chanyeol had a crush on Lily since he was young.

He just glanced at me and muttered, “It’s nothing to do with me….”

“Then what?”

“I’m sorry, noona.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. It’s just that…” Then he faced me and said, “Look noona! Promise me to tell any difficulties you are going through, starting from tomorrow, alright?”

“Chanyeol, I am not facing anything.”

“Who can be so sure of tomorrow?” I gave him a suspicious look.

“Gosh! Taeyang hyung is going to kill me for not caring for you.” He pouted. I burst into laughter. He always had been scared of Taeyang even if Taeyang was way too shorter than him.

“Ok ok! I will.”