Chapter 7

Stay With Me

Baekhyun awoke from his slumber to a loud and obnoxious beeping coming from the alarm clock. He was half annoyed because all he wanted to do was sleep. He didn't get much hours of sleep; no matter what he did, Baekhyun couldn't get Chanyeol's smiling face out of his head. That was the last thing he saw before (attempting) to fall asleep and he couldn't stop thinking about it for hours.

Baekhyun wants to say it was worth it, but today was a big day. He needed all the sleep he could get if he was going to have to be fully functioning and alive every morning at 7. No more sleeping in to ungodly hours.

He swung his arm over the side of his bed and banged the top of the clock, ceasing the loud sound emitting from the speakers. Smiling to himself, he brought himself out from under the covers and both feet hit the carpet.

 

 

School starts at 8:00 which meant Baekhyun had 30 minutes to get ready. He would leave the house at 7:30 just to be sure he had plenty of time to get to school and not be late. He was definitely strict about his schedules.

Baekhyun stood up and stretched his arms over his head. He sighed and headed to the bathroom.

On the way to the bathroom, he heard light snoring coming from the guest bedroom. Chanyeol must still be sleeping....

He couldn't help but giggle to himself as he heard tiny whimpers coming from a certain sleeping boy.

The door silently pushed itself open.... or as Baekhyun claimed it to be. He propped his left foot inside, blocking the door from closing. Just one little peek...

Baekhyun was a er for getting to look at a cute Chanyeol in his sleep.

He might as well take a picture.. Baekhyun shook the thought out of his head as he proceeded. Honestly, it was only his second time seeing Chanyeol asleep, but one time was enough for-

And now I sound like a ert and a stalker. He frowned at himself. Ehh... one small glance wouldn't hurt.

The room was still a filthy mess and the expression on Baekhyun's face as he tip-toed over the garbage was priceless. Half of the stuff he saw, he had no idea what the hell it was. Baekhyun could of sworn he saw something that could of easily been a dead lizard or a melted Barbie.

Baekhyun shook his head in disapproval. The things I do for this guy.

Chanyeol's bed seemed an infinity away but Baekhyun had a little bit of time to waste before having to get ready for the day. He might as well wake up Chanyeol while he was at it.

About 124 years later, he approached the edge of the bed and hungrily looked down at his prey the sleeping boy. He looked so peaceful and Baekhyun didn't want to disturb this perfect picture. But he had too. Today was the first day of school and he already knew Chanyeol would spend 10 minutes complaining about it. Better sooner than to risk being late.

Baekhyun carefully sat on the edge of the bed and gawked at Chanyeol's adorable face. His eyes were softly closed and his eyelashes would slightly flutter every now and then. Tiny snores could be heard and Baekhyun thought it was the cutest thing ever. He couldn't hold back a small giggle before realizing this was, of course, too good to last.

Baekhyun pulled out his phone and cautiously checked the time. It read 7:15 and Baekhyun has only 15 minutes left to wake up the one person who was probably the deepest sleeper in the world, and then get ready himself. How could Baekhyun be so careless?

Okay. Time to get down to business.

He searched around the room for a window or something. When his eyes landed on closed curtains he stepped over more junk just to get to it. Baekhyun gripped the curtains and pulled both sides open rapidly, resulting in a huge coughing fit and blinded eyes.

Has this thing ever been opened? Dust was flying everywhere and Baekhyun was starting to question how Chanyeol could even survive in such a hostile environment. After he regained his composure, his mind aimed towards Chanyeol.

Baekhyun sat himself down on the bed once again and continued.

"Yeollie..." Baekhyun sang playfully, hoping it would be a lot easier to wake him than the last time he tried. No response, as expected.

"Chanyeol." He tried again, his voice more stern. Still no response and Baekhyun's patience was diminishing. Being late to the first day of school was definitely not on the top of his list.

"Hey. Chanyeol." Baekhyun tried shaking the younger boy's shoulder, hoping for any signs of life. Is he dead??

Baekhyun laughed as he ripped the covers out from his grasp and watched him curl up into a fetal position while moving his hand around to feel for the blanket.

Chanyeol groaned and frowned when he was unsuccessful, but still visibly asleep.

Baekhyun smiled, but it quickly dropped when he turned evil again and continued pushing him. "Chanyeol, you have less than 15 minutes to get ready. If you don't wake your up I'm leaving without you."

This caught Chanyeol's attention and his eyes finally decided to flutter open, apparently not used to the burning sunlight from the window. Baekhyun sighed in relief at the now awake boy and relentlessly nudged him until he was sure he wouldn't just go back to sleep.

Chanyeol looked back and forth between him and the window. He pointed to it with his finger. "Since when was that window here?"

Baekhyun was enraptured by his low morning voice but forced himself to shake it off due to the current situation. "Since forever. Now get up and start getting ready. You don't want to be late on the first day of school." He grabbed hold of Chanyeol's wrists and slowly dragged him off the mattress and onto the "floor". Baekhyun's words sent a spark into Chanyeol's brain causing him to groan and put on an expression of despair.

He stood up and trudged over to his drawers, opening the second one and picking out a clean shirt. "I hate life."

Baekhyun chuckled and glanced at his phone again.

"! We have 9 minutes!" With that, Baekhyun exited the room, leaving Chanyeol (who didn't move any faster with the newly attained information) to get ready.

Baekhyun darted into the bathroom and washed his face and brushed his teeth. With 5 minutes left, he basically ran into his bedroom and to his closet, not even worrying about Chanyeol being ready in time, but rather himself.

His mind was flying a 100 miles per hour when he remembered that he had picked out his outfit a couple days before. At least one thing was in his favor...

Baekhyun swapped his pajamas for the new clothes and looked at himself in the mirror. He nodded his head in approval before looking at the mess on his head called hair.

"Ugh..." Having a comb in his right hand, he brushed away until it was tangle free. He styled his bangs where they hung just above his eyebrows. Having a minute left, Baekhyun admitted he looked pretty hot for being in such a rush.

Risking a look at the phone's clock once more, he was satisfied with an exact 7:30. He could finally breath again. That is, if Chanyeol was ready.

Chanyeol was sort of known for being lazy, if you haven't noticed already. "Chanyeol, are you ready?!" Baekhyun hollered from his bedroom, loud enough to probably wake the neighbors.

"Yeah, I've been waiting on you!" Chanyeol replied from what seemed like downstairs.

What the hell???

Baekhyun snatched his backpack and slung it over his shoulder.

(Also, just so you know, he found four extra pencils in his nightstand's drawers. Enough to make a perfect ten.)

The stairs creaked as Baekhyun padded down each step, gripping onto the strap around his shoulder. He came across a readied Chanyeol walked out of the kitchen, gulping down a glass of orange juice.

His eyes met Baekhyun's and he slowly lowered the the cup from his mouth. They observed each other before the silence was broken.

Baekhyun sighed. "Shall we be off then?" He smiled gently, but it didn't quite reach his eyes. Chanyeol looked down and grabbed his backpack that was leaning against the back of the couch.

Baekhyun carefully walked to the door, making sure to avoid any eye contact between the two. He could feel Chanyeol's presence following him from behind, sending shivers down his spine.

"I guess." Chanyeol spoke; half playful and half disappointed (probably because of school, Baekhyun guessed). He followed Baekhyun out the doorway and onto the sidewalk where they both started off for the first day of the school year. Baekhyun knew he didn't have to rush since he purposely planned out a whole 30 minutes for walking, but he couldn't stop his feet from getting ahead of himself. He heard Chanyeol crack up a few feet behind him.

"Why are you in such a rush?" Chanyeol questioned. Baekhyun paused and Chanyeol took this chance and caught up with him before stopping beside him.

Baekhyun didn't return Chanyeol's confused stare as he just looked at the cracked concrete in front of him. "I-I don't know."

Silence filled the atmosphere for probably a good 17 seconds.

Chanyeol smiled wide and laughed. "You're so cute, Baek." He swung his arm around said boy's shoulders and pulled him along the path.

Baekhyun's shoulders tensed before he could even comprehend was what happening at that moment. They walked along silently, taking in the windy weather and warm sunshine; perfect for taking a walk or just being outside. This was one of the moments Baekhyun didn't mind spending time outside -- if you haven't noticed, he isn't exactly an athletic person.

Even though it was no longer relevant, Baekhyun still decided to mumble out a barely audible "I'm not cute", just to make sure he got his point across. Because he definitely was not cute.

Chanyeol didn't seem to hear, but if he did, he decided to just let him have his opinion (a rather false one, at that).

 

Baekhyun couldn't take this anymore. He told himself at that very second that if he was going to enjoy school, he would have to put his feelings behind him. He gave himself an encouraging smile and inhaled deeply. Be strong, Baekhyun...

Suddenly, he shot a few feet ahead of the the taller boy only to have the shoulder around him drop to its owner's side. Baekhyun turned around and smiled up at him. He wasn't surprised when Chanyeol didn't return it, but instead with a furrowed brow to show his confusion and maybe the tiniest bit of concern.

Baekhyun tried to break the uneasiness between them as they continued walking. He guessed Chanyeol could tell something was up, even though he was a little more vocal about it.

Chanyeol sighed. "Baekhyun. Can we stop this? Why are you acting so weird?" Baekhyun glanced to the ground.

"Wh-What? I'm not acti-"

"Yes, you are." Chanyeol stated. Baekhyun frowned and realized that it would only be best if he threw out any of the slightest feelings he had for Chanyeol. He shook it all off and looked forward.

"I'm sorry." Baekhyun pursed his lips and decided to loosen up and just accept the boy as a friend or an acquaintance or whatever. He perked up and put everything behind him. He skipped ahead of Chanyeol and turned around to walk backwards and, this time, wear a full, genuine smile. As if Chanyeol knew of its sincerity, he reciprocated it with full teeth and his eyes crinkling at the corners. Baekhyun laughed and turned back to walk side-by-side with the taller boy.

"Aren't you excited about school?" Baekhyun already knew his answer, but he still needed something to start the conversation with. Chanyeol groaned like he always does at the mention of "school" whereas Baekhyun just oozed with excitement and eagerness.

"Do you really think I'd be excited about school." Chanyeol replied flatly, more like a statement than a question. Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol and half-smiled. Chanyeol looked down to him and Baekhyun looked away quickly.

Chanyeol kept his eyes on the smaller boy as he just focused on something ahead of them.

"Chanyeol! Look!" Baekhyun pointed towards the distance and Chanyeol broke his gaze to see what he was getting worked up about. Chanyeol squinted his eyes until he noticed the words on the side of a building not too far away.

Han Young University

"Oh god...." Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

"Yayyyy!!" Baekhyun danced around and spun in circles and started skipping towards the gates. Chanyeol stayed behind and dreaded each step closer to his doom.

 

Baekhyun giddily neared the gate with a sad Chanyeol beside him. In the center of the open gate was an upright table with papers and folders upon it. Two people on chairs faced any arriving students. Both boys silently acknowledging, they slowed and came to the table, not exactly sure of what they were supposed to be doing.

The older man and young woman both straightened and perked up when their eyes fell upon the two.

"Hi! Welcome to HYU! My name is Jin Bo, or as you should know: you're one and only student body president!" She motioned to herself and closed her eyes, smiling and nodding way a little too enthusiastically. She clearly was too caught up in herself to even remember of their existence; not even bowing or anything. Baekhyun and Chanyeol hesitantly bowed in response; guessing they would have to take the first step, adding a slightly strained smile as well. Jin Bo's eye twitched and she returned the gesture with a small and forced bow of her head.

The man next to her smiled and entwined his fingers, laying his hands on the table and exhaling quite loudly. Baekhyun and Chanyeol switched their attention over to him, remaining quiet to just gain any information.

"Thank you, Jin Bo." He looked at said girl out of the corner of his eye. She gave a forced, closed-mouth smile, squinting her eyes a little to emphasize. Chanyeol's lip twitched as he glanced over in her direction.

Something is definitely wrong with that girl...

If Chanyeol didn't know any better, he would say the man looked a little scared to be next to Jin Bo. His wide eyes as he turned them towards her and how his breathing speeded up a little and just how stiff and fake he seemed, Chanyeol guessed, that it could only mean one thing... which the boy had to admit was a little amusing.

Then the strangest and probably the grossest thing Chanyeol had thought of (in a while, anyway) popped into his mind. The way he was acting could also be signs that he's..........

in love?????????????????

Chanyeol nearly threw up at the random thought.

What the hell, he's like 60 years old and she's probably around our age. That would bE DISGUSTING OH MY GOD IS THIS MA-

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun harshly whispered, trying to bring him back to Earth. Chanyeol raised his eyebrows at his name and noticed three pairs of eyes staring at him.

"What?" He looked at Baekhyun for answers or just anything about what was going on. Chanyeol always had a little ADHD....

Baekhyun ignored him and turned back to face the man. He smiled and spoke. "Kwon Hee-ssi. My friend here can be a little absent-minded a times." Baekhyun placed his hand on Chanyeol's shoulder, much to the taller boy's confusion. The man laughed and aimed his attention towards Chanyeol.

"That's alright.I was a lot like you when I was your age." Chanyeol nodded in understanding as he continued. "I guess I better start over." He said playfully.

"Well, to start things off, like you heard Baekhyun say a moment ago, my name is Kwon Hee. Or Kwon Hee-ssi, if you don't mind." Chanyeol nodded and wondered just when and how him and Baekhyun became so friendly with each other. "I'm the principal here, and I promise.... I only torture my students sometimes." He taunted in a mock-humble sort of way. Looking at Chanyeol's expression, he laughed and propped his elbows on the table. "I'm just joking, Chanyeol."

The principal smiled at both boys before realizing the actual purpose of them being at the table. "Oh! Here you go." He sat up and grabbed a small box from the ground next to the chair. Bringing it to the table, he opened it while humming to himself.

His fingers graced the tops of white papers the size of index cards and Baekhyun smiled when Kwon Hee pulled one out. "Ahhh. Here's yours, Baekhyun. Sorry about that." He handed the paper to Baekhyun, who yanked it out of the man's hands and looked it over.

"Jin Bo, find Chanyeol's." She nodded and went to work on the small box on her side of the table.

Chanyeol still remained silent throughout the whole 11 minutes of them being there.

Jin Bo had the piece of paper between her middle and index finger as she bluntly gave it to Chanyeol. She wore an expression to match. Chanyeol arched his brow in response to her sudden (and weirdly creepy) behavior. Was this girl bipolar?

Chanyeol took it from her fingers and bowed once more to her and Kwon Hee, as did Baekhyun. They returned the gesture, even though Jin Bo's differed a little from Kwon Hee's.

Baekhyun stepped his way around the table, and Chanyeol swiftly followed his footsteps before it went unnoticed.

"Good luck on the first day!" Kwon Hee hollered as the two boys headed further into the school. Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked back, smiled and waved at the man.

Chanyeol stopped his hand when he noticed Jin Bo glaring at him from a distance. What he didn't notice was that he also stopped walking, resulting in a hand around his wrist from a certain shorter boy.

"What are you doing?" Baekhyun asked as he pulled him along, but quickly letting go when they continued their pace from before.

Chanyeol tried to recall what happened earlier. "I think that Jin Bo girl hates me..." Baekhyun laughed, bringing the white paper they received closer to his face.

"Oh yeah, what is that, by the way?" He pointed to Baekhyun's paper.

"Your class schedule." Baekhyun snatched the paper out of Chanyeol's hand before he even got a chance to look at his own classes himself. His eyes ran over each of Chanyeol's classes and frowned.

"We have no classes together."

Chanyeol took back his piece of paper and studied it.

"Well, we do have different majors, y'know." Chanyeol stated sarcastically.

"Yeah, yeah."

 

 

They both kept walking until they reached the campus center where more students were. The chattering got louder and they stood apart from everyone, not really knowing anybody.

Finding a bench, they claimed it, luckily, before anyone else did.

Baekhyun pulled out his phone and read the time aloud. "7:54"

"Ughhh...." Chanyeol leaned back and Baekhyun laughed.

"Six minutes until your doom." Baekhyun teased, slanting his head down to playfully glare from the top of his eyes. Chanyeol frowned.

 

The countdown continued until the bell rang, and when it finally did, Baekhyun and Chanyeol separated and went their own ways to find their classes.

 

 

 

 


A/N OMG IT'S FINALLY DONE. These chapters take forever to write, I'm sorry. But this one was a lot longer (I hope) than the other chapters.... even though Baekyeol are only barely starting the first day of school. Sorry if it seemed really drawn out.

I was going to keep the chapter going until the day was over and they came home, but I didn't want to make it wayyyy too long, y'know. Plus, I don't wanna spend 3 years on one chapter so yeah.

Also, just to forewarn you, I really don't know when I will update next because right now I might have to be going to live somewhere else for a bit because of my parents (divorce stuff), so please just consider that.

Back to the story, if you guys were wondering... I don't know if there will be since I've never written it before, so only time will tell if I will include that or not.

Anyways, thanks for reading!

Comment/Upvote/Subscribe!!!!

(your comments make me very happy) c: