Chapter 11

Stay With Me

"Chanyeol, why would we move into a dorm? We already live together and the house is only, like, 15 minutes away..." Baekhyun didn't really understand why he wanted this so badly.

"Come on, doesn't it sound fun, though? Just the two of us, no adults around," where was he going with this? "and plus it's right on campus! This could be a chance for you to get out of the house; don't you feel a little weird being in your 20's and still living with your mom?" He muttered the last part.

"I don't know, it just seems unnecessary." But then again, Baekhyun did kind of want to leave the house.

"U-Unnecessary? Don't you want to have the full college experience? This is supposed to be one of the greatest times of your life." Yeah, so great...

Chanyeol tilted his head as he spilled all his thoughts. "We could go to parties, have fun, and we..." He stopped and waited a few seconds before shifting his eyes to the smaller boy.

"And we...." He urged Chanyeol to continue. Baekhyun raised his brow in suspicion.

"Nothing. So what do you say? You know, it would also be less distracting than home and you'd probably be able to get your work done easier, just saying." Chanyeol tried to convince all in one breath.

Baekhyun honestly didn't know what to say. He didn't exactly want to say yes since it wasn't really needed, but then he did like seeing how happy and excited it made Chanyeol. The last thing Baekhyun wanted was for him to be upset. And it could be less distracting, especially away from his mom.

Just that thought alone was a plus towards Baekhyun's decision making. His mother was a little annoying and does not know how to leave him alone and stay out of his business.

Baekhyun's eyes searched the ground for an answer. So far, the pros were outweighing the cons. It did sound kinda fun.

"Fine."

Chanyeol smiled wide at his answer and engulfed him in a warm hug. "I knew you would say yes."

 

 

As the end of their break came near, they started walking faster towards the more crowded area of the campus where all the classes were. Chanyeol was still obviously excited, and Baekhyun just let it go and listened quietly. He didn't mind if Chanyeol was happy.

Baekhyun checked the time and they had less than 5 minutes until they would have to start heading to class. Their conversation (mostly Chanyeol's) slowed and Baekhyun took it as an opportunity to change the subject.

"We have five minutes."

Chanyeol whined and slung his arm around Baekhyun's shoulders. They haven't known each for a very long time but they already felt as if they've known each other for years. They were just comfortable with each other.

"This next class is my last one." Chanyeol stated.

Baekhyun returned, "I have three more classes." He looked down.

They both stopped once they were in the campus center and casually exchanged their goodbyes along with an "I'll wait for you" and a smile from Chanyeol before heading off in their own directions. One minute left and Baekhyun was finally feeling relieved for the probably the first time today. He believed nothing could go wrong, especially since he was 100% sure he was not going to be late to his next classes.

Baekhyun actually had the urge to skip to his next class with all this happiness inside of him. He ignored it, of course. He was not going to be treated the same as he was in high school.

 

 

Walking out of his last class, Baekhyun was the happiest he's been all day. Finally, he could go home and relax... sort of.

It wasn't terribly late, but it was still almost evening and that meant Chanyeol had already gone home. Baekhyun would have to walk by himself, but he didn't mind being alone. He was used to it, anyway.

Nearing the gates, he adjusted the strap on his shoulder and didn't bother rushing to get home like most of the students that were left did. There weren't many students left, mostly seniors who were finishing everything for the last year in college.

Baekhyun exited through the gates and was just about to make his way to the sidewalk when he heard someone yell his name from behind him. "Baekhyun!"

He stopped and turned around instantly. "Chanyeol?" The boy caught up to him. "What are you doing here? Didn't your classes end like almost two hours ago?"

Chanyeol nodded and answered, "I said I'd wait for you, didn't I?"

Baekhyun turned pink and tried to keep himself from smiling. He turned back around without a word and continued to head home. The other boy automatically followed next to him.

"You didn't have to wait for me." The wait must have been excruciatingly boring. Baekhyun decided to add something to tease the taller boy. "Honestly, I don't think I would have done the same thing for you." He waited for his reaction.

"Wow, such a good friend you are. Fine, you know what? That was my last time I'm ever waiting for you. You can walk by yourself next time." Baekhyun laughed.

"I never asked you to wait for me, though."

Chanyeol became more serious. "I know. I just didn't want you to have to walk home all by yourself." Baekhyun felt his heart swell at his words.

"I can walk myself perfectly fine. The house isn't even that far away."

"Yeah, yeah. Just be quiet, Baek, and keep walking." Chanyeol playfully ordered and Baekhyun didn't push the subject any further.

They came up to the house and stepped inside, throwing their stuff into their rooms.

"Hey boys!" Baekhyun's mother called from the kitchen. He entered with Chanyeol following behind him. "Was school just as amazing as you said it would be?"

Baekhyun knew she was talking to him. "Blehhh...." He pulled out one of the chairs to the dining table and plopped down.

"I'll take that as a yes..?" Baekhyun sighed. "What about you, Chanyeol?"

He copied Baekhyun's actions and sat down in front of him. "It was... normal, I guess? Nothing really spectacular." She nodded and focused her attention back on the food on the stove. Baekhyun was starving and the delicious smell wasn't helping.

"Food's almost ready." She said, almost as if she read his mind. Baekhyun hummed in response and set his chin on his crossed arms on the table. Chanyeol looked at him and did the same.

"What's wrong?" He whispered. Their faces were less than a foot apart and Baekhyun glanced at him at few times.

"Huh? Nothing's wrong." Did something he do make him look upset or something? "Really."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, why do you think I'm upset? I'm fine." Their whispered conversation continued until Chanyeol was completely assured.

"What are we talking about?" Baekhyun's mom swiftly pulled out a chair next to him and whispered, looking back and forth between both boys in all seriousness.

Baekhyun moved and and sat up, as well as Chanyeol right after.

"My god, mom we don't have to tell you everything!"

She pulled away and returned to the stove along with a shake of the head and a "tsk, tsk". This was another reason Baekhyun agreed to living in a dorm.

 The room was filled with silence except for whatever was sizzling in the pan.

Something was itching in the back of Baekhyun's mind, but he couldn't lay a finger on it. Was there something he forgot?  He just hoped it wasn't anything too important. 

All thoughts aside, Baekhyun lazily stood and tried to forget whatever he was forgetting... if that makes sense. 

"I'm gonna go do my homework." He announced while taking his time up the stairs and to his room.

Plopping down on the bed, and dragging his backpack with him, he propped it on the side of his bed. Luckily Baekhyun didn't have too much homework considering it was only the first day of school. Sighing to himself, Baekhyun relaxed for the first time all day. Finally some peace and quiet...

 

*****

 

Chanyeol remained at the table while he watched Baekhyun exit the kitchen door. He heard the creaks of the boy's steps as he went up and to his room.

"So, Chanyeol." Ms. Byun spoke up, stirring the food and giving eye contact at the same time. "How's life treating you?"

Raising an eyebrow, he replied, "fine, I guess." It wasn't the weirdest question he's been asked... "how.... about you?" It wasn't really the type of question to be returned. 

"Great, thanks for asking."

Chanyeol nodded slowly and looked around the room, now laying his head on folded arms and breathing calmly. His mind was brought back to something for a second.

Baekhyun actually agreed to live with him in a dorm! The boy had to keep in his excitement. It wasn't like he said yes to marrying him or something. Well, to Chanyeol it was basically the same thi-

"Hey, Yeol." Ms. Byun snapped him out of his thoughts.

Chanyeol perked up, "hmm?"

"You okay? Looks like you're thinking pretty hard over there." The corner of her lips lifted into what Chanyeol could've sworn was a smirk. Could this woman read minds or something?

"Uh.. it's nothing important."

She put her attention back on the stove. "Sure. If you say so. But just know he's a nice kid, okay? Don't go breaking his heart."

Wait a minute. What is she even talking about? "Uh, I-"

"Don't deny it, Yeol." What was he even denying?

Chanyeol regretted not leaving with Baekhyun. 

Ms. Byun stirred one last time and turned off the stove. Chanyeol felt relieved she wasn't focusing on him anymore. Can't wait to move out. He sighed and almost started drooling at the smell of whatever she made.

Maybe there was a downside to moving out. Chanyeol wouldn't be able eat anymore of Ms. Byun's delicious meals. Unless Baekhyun cooked for him... Chanyeol tried to hide a smile to himself. Especially from Ms. Byun.

"Go tell Baekhyun dinners ready." She ordered. Chanyeol happily obeyed. 

Walking up the stairs, Chanyeol counted his steps. He approached the boy's door and twisted the doorknob with a smile. "Hey, dinners re-"

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun sat on the bed with his legs crossed, staring up at the boy in the doorframe with all seriousness and panicked eyes. 

"What?! Why are you screaming at me!" He countered.

Baekhyun frowned and answered with a tone between angry and somewhat scared, although lower in volume. "IwaslatetomyfirstclassandtheteachergotmeintroubleandtoldmetoseeheraftermylastclassandIFORGOT," he explained all in one breath. 

Chanyeol thought he got at least some of it. How was he supposed to answer that?

He replied with anything,  "I'm... sorry to hear that?" Even he cringed at himself.

Baekhyun groaned and threw his face into the space in front of him on the bed. "This is the worst day ever," he mumbled, barely audible. How ironic, Chanyeol thought.

Figuring this was an issue he needed to solve on his own, Chanyeol readied to leave before informing the boy of the only reason he came up to his room in the first place. "Dinners ready, just so you know."

Baekhyun hummed in response from his same position. Chanyeol said no more and left the room to head to the dining table. 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N Heyooo. Okay to start things off, yes I know they already live together. Just please go with it.

Secondly, hoped you liked the chapter! I had fun writing it :3

Also, happy St. Patrick's day hehe. Woo

I dont have a lot to say for this author's note so ill just leave it here.

OH AND SHOUTOUT TO EXOMimin!!!! Seriously I love your comments (they make me so happy I love you). She probably comments every chapter so thank you so much ;3;

And of course everyone else who has commented, I love you too!!!

Thanks for reading c:

Comment/Upvote/Subscribe!