1/1

Her Last Day

D-1 Christmas day

 

Min's POV

                I wipe my eyes, I see my mom sleep beside me. Slowly, I caress her face.

                "Eomma, you must be tired because of me."

                God, can you just take me now? I can't see how pitiful my mom and my oppa suffered just to make the pain get away from me.

                My life is not perfect like the others'. My dad has passed away when I'm still a baby. I don't even remember how he is look. I live with my mother and my older brother, Kim Seokjin. We live in a small house in the never-sleep-town, Seoul. We live happily until one day after my 17th birthday, I got sick. My mom and my oppa brought me to the hospital. Since that day, they take care of me really well, perfectly well. They seems really afraid something bad will happen to me. They even bring me to the hospital every month, they said I have to get a therapy. I think I get a serious sick. But everytime I said that to them, they always say it's okay, and I'll be fine if I get the therapy continously. I still don't have any idea about what happen to me. I've been living like this for 7 months. In these 7 months, I made my mom and my oppa suffered a lot. All money they have, they used it to get the therapy for me. Jin oppa even didn't continue his study after he graduated from high school, he chose to work in a restaurant to make money. My mom sometimes come home late, but Jin oppa always come home late. Somedays he also skip his dinner. I'm so sad to see this. But, I can't do anything. How pitiful my life.

                Today, I guess I can't get out of my room. I get fever yesterday, so that's why I am laying here in my bed. I'm so weak, really easy to get sick.

 

Author's POV

                Knock, knock. Someone knock the door. Jin rushed to open the door. Two boys stand in front of him. They are Jimin and Taehyung, Min's bestfriends since they were kids.

                "Oh~ you guys. Come in," Jin lead them to the living room.

                "How is Min, hyung?" Jimin asked Jin.

                "I heard she got fever yesterday." Taehyung said.

                "Yeah, that's right. You guys want to see her? She's in her room now. Just go ahead, I need to make porridge for Min." Jin said as he leave them.

                Jimin and Taehyung come to Min's room. She is looking at the window blankly.

                "Min-ah.." Jimin call her. She still looking outside, didn't respon their coming.

                "Kim Seokmin," Taehyung call her with her full name. This time she turn around to see them.

                "Oh, hi. I'm fine guys. Don't worry," she said.

                Jimin and Taehyung walk closer to her. Then, Min's mother wake up.

                "Oh, kids, you're here. Hehe you come to see my daughter, I'll bring some drink for you guys."

                "Gwaenchanayo, ahjumma. We'll just make it short. We have to pratice after this. The basketball championship is coming soon." Jimin said. Yeah, they are member of Basketball team in their school.

                "Oh I see."

                Then Mrs. Kim leave them. As she leaves, the three didn't talk a lot, mostly silent. A little laugh when one of them make a joke.  What Jimin said is real, they leave after talking for 20 minutes.

 

Jin's POV

                I open Min's room door slowly. I see she is sleeping. Thank God, she can sleep soundly. It's the best way to make her recovered. And tomorrow is Christmas day, of course she want to go out like other teens.

                Actually, I can't face the fact that the doctor said to my mom and me. The doctor said that Min can only endure her cancer about 6-8 months. I don't know what to do with this. I just know that if Min get the therapy, she won't feel the pain of her illness. That's why I decided to make much money instead of go to college. I do the best what I can do with my mom for Min. I can't let her gone like our father.

                I come in to the room and sit beside her. I caress her cheek and then her smooth hair that getting thin.

                You have to be strong Min-ah.  Mom and I do our best for you. Don't leave us. We can't live without you. What will I do if we lost you?

                "Min-ah," I grab her hand and hold it tightly.

                "Oppa," she smiles as she wake up.

                "I bring your medicine. Here," I lead her to take her medicine. I tell her to sleep again after she take the medicine. Then, I leave her.

 

Author's POV

 

In Jimin's place,

                Jimin looks at the clock on the wall. It's 7.00 PM. Then, he look at the calendar.

                Oh, right. Tomorrow is Christmas. What a nice day will be. Hm, should I confess it tomorrow? I can't hold it anymore. I've been fell in love with my besfriend, Min. I don't even tell Taehyung about this. Ah, I guess he doesn't have the same feeling. Okay, it's only me. I'll just go to her house tomorrow and then go somewhere and confess it. Perfect time.

                He take his phone that he put on the bed before.

                "Should I call her?" he asked himself. "Ah, it won't be a surprise if I call her." he decided not to call her and  go sleep 'cause he's tired after practice today.

 

 

In Taehyung's place,

                Yeah~ tomorrow is Christmas. OH! I got an idea. Min must have recovered tomorrow. So, I will ask her to go out with me. Haha, good idea. Oh okay, I have to call her before.

                I pick my phone and call her,

                "Hello."

                "Hi Tae. What's up?"

                "Uh-umm.. do you feel better now?"

                "Yeah I guess. Ah, I wanna go out to tomorrow. Do you have any plan for tomorrow?" she asked him.

                "Oh, yeah. Let's go to the park tomorrow. Let's walk till Han river. I'll buy you ice cream! Haha,"

                "Sounds great! Okay, I will wait for you tomorrow."

                Taehyung looks happy that she agree with his idea. He smiles widely all night long, even when he sleep. Seems like Taehyung have a nice dream 'cause he's so happy.

 

 

Christmas Day

Min's POV

 

                I woke up with Jin oppa beside me. He hold my hand all night long. I feel bad to make him sleep while he sit on the chair. I guess his back ached.

                "Oppa," I caress his hair.

                "O-Oh. You woke up earlier than me. Merry Christmas~ hehe." He caress back my hair.

                Then, I tell him that Taehyung will go out with me today. I also tell him not to worry about me, I'll not go too far from house.

                9.00 AM

                "Seokmin-ah~ Merry Christmas!" Taehyung call me from outside. I run to the door and open it.

                "Are you ready?" he asks me. I nodded, then I lock the door, 'cause my mom and Jin oppa are working now.

                "Kaja!" I smile widely and walk with him. We walk around the park near my house. I'm so happy that I can go out today. Yeah~ fresh air.

                "Tae," he look at me.

                "Min-ah, I realize something..." he said, make me curious.

                "What's that?"

                "I .. I love you. I love you more than bestfriend." Taehyung confessed.

                "A-are you serious?" asked Min in shock. Taehyung nod. Then, I hug him,

                "Thanks Tae." I said as I release the hug. Suddenly I'm feeling dizzy, I try hard not to show it to him. "Tae, look at there! Buy me ice cream!" I try to say it cutely like how usually I am.

                Then he walk there to the ice cream parlor. I sit down on a bench, try to hold the pain. My head is hurt so bad.

                Oh God. Is it the time?

                The pain get away a little. I look around to the other side. I'm shocked. I see Jimin is running to me.

                "M-Min-ah." He said as he sit down beside me. I see how tired is he after run that fast.

                "How can you bring my coat?" I see he is holding my coat.

                "Wear it." He give it to me. "I went to your house, and I met Jin hyung. He said that you go out with Tae, and he told me to bring you this." I have no choice, 'cause it means that Jin oppa want me to wear it. So, I wear it to warm my body. But still, I feel a little pain.

                "Min-ah, I- I have to tell you this..." he start to talk in serious tone.

                "Yeah?" Now Jimin make me curious again.

                "I like you. No, I love you." He hug me all of sudden. I smile after I heard it.

                "Thanks," I whispered. We release the hug and we are shocked. We see Taehyung come with two ice cream in his hands. He come closer.

                "What is this?" Taehyung look a little mad.

                "Umm, please calm down Tae. Ah-" I feel the pain on my head again. Taehyung sit down on the other side of me. I'm between them now. The boys look at me with worries. "You guys have the same feelings for me.."

                "What?!" They're shocked. I feel the pain getting worse. It hurts so bad.

                Is it really the time now? I have to go now? Really I can go now?

                "Ho-how can-" Jimin still in shock.

                "I-is it real?" Taehyung as well.

                "That's true. You guys are the best for me. Thanks for being with me all this time. I love you too..." I close my eyes.

                I'm gone. Forever.

 

Author's POV

               After holding it for few months, finally it's time for her to go. It was the Saddest Christmas for Mrs. Kim, Kim Seokjin, Kim Taehyung and Jung Jimin. They lost their loved one. 

 

 


 

Note: Sorry if you think it's too short, hehe :D Hope you like it ~@-@

 

Merry Christmas!

 

Read my other Special Christmas fanfic ~> Your Presence is My Special Present [ http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/623652/your-presence-is-my-special-present-christmas-romance-jhope-junghoseok ]