5

Losing My Mind, Losing You.

Chanyeol woke up and find Kris wasn’t around. He looked at the clock, it’s 7 AM. He walked outside and found Kris cooking breakfast in the kitchen.

“You woke up early.” Chanyeol said as he makes himself a cup of tea.

“Yeah, i made us breakfast. English breakfast style, to be exact.” Kris sipping into his tea while waiting for the bacon to be cooked.

“i wish i have a roommate like this, you know. He will cook for me like this.” Kris choke on his tea.

“Are you okay, hyung?” Chanyeol asked as he saw Kris’ face turning red.

“I’m fine.” Kris chuckled.

“I wish he knew i was his roommate. I cooked him this before.” Kris screams in his mind, but he know Chanyeol wouldn’t hear.

“Eh, you didn’t bring any suits, did you? You can use mine.” Kris said, as they’re both eating the breakfast.

“Yeah, thanks for reminding me. Are you sure it’s fine?”

“of course. I have plenty of it. After you finished the food, just go pick one suit and then go to bath.” Kris pointed at his room. Chanyeol nods, finish his food and went inside the room. When Chanyeol is done dressing up, he found Kris already suited up, waiting for him to come out.

“Wow, you didnt take a bath?” Chanyeol asked as he approach Kris.

“I already did, before you woke up.” Kris grins.

“Oh, look! My suit looks nice on you.” Kris fixes Chanyeol’s tie and pats his shoulder.

“Yeah, it fits perfectly.”

“Do you like it?”

“Absolutely.”

“You can keep it if you did. Now, let’s go.” Kris took his bag and put on his shoes.

“Wait, what? I can keep it?” Chanyeol asks in disbelief.

“Yeah. Why not? I have plenty of it, remember? Just consider it as a hospitality present. Let’s go, we don’t want to be late, right?”

“Wow, thanks hyung. Okay, i’ll go get my bag.” Chanyeol runs to the living room, grabbed his bag and follow Kris outside.

 

 

 

---

Chanyeol went home early, and found Yixing sleeping in his bed.

“Yixing hyung, you’re back!” Chanyeol smashed Yixing’s back with a pillow.

“I missed you, man! How was China?” Chanyeol sits in the edge of the bed and shaking Yixing’s body.

“Actually, i arrived 2 days ago. Where have you been? Why don’t you tell me?”

“I don’t know that you would go home early! So i didnt tell you.”

“I smell something new. Update!” Yixing pushed Chanyeol to the living room and they sit on the couch.

“Now, talk!” Yixing shakes Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“So.. i got hired as a full-time employee on the company where i did my internship. I works as a secretary for the head of the branch.”

“Wow, that’s very good! How was the salary?”

“I haven’t receive my salary yet, but they said it’s gonna be pretty huge.. And yesterday i stayed at my boss’ house because he’s sick.  He was alone in the country. He used to live overseas. He’s very good-looking. He’s nice, tall, he has a dark blonde hair and a y eyes. He also has a huge hands and so many piercings. His voice is very deep. ” Chanyeol described his boss.

“Wait-what? Can you say his name again?”

“I havent.”

“Then say it!” Yixing shakes Chanyeol’s shoulder again. The description is very familiar to him.

“Slow down, Hyung! His name is Wu Yifan, Wufan, or Kris. He’s from Canada but he’s actually chinese.”

Yixing can feel his heart skips a beat. That man is back in town.

“Yixing hyung!” Chanyeol slaps Yixing’s cheek.

“What?!”

“You’re day dreaming!”

“No i’m not!”

“Yes you are! You dont seemed to be focused when i told you about my boss.”

“Nope! I’m just distracted. But i’m glad you found a nice workplace.” Yixing stands up, enter his room and closed the door, living the younger trapped in confusion.

“God, Kris. Why do you have to come back?” Yixing sighed, and burried his face in his pillow.

---

 

Friday night is the night where Kris and Baekhyun will usually hits the street and went to clubs just to release stresses. And that’s what they do tonight. They went to a club and drink. It’s only the 3rd glass but Kris already refuse to continue.

“Wait, what? It’s only the 3rd glass! Cmon, hyung..” Baekhyun keeps on poking Kris while holding his glass.

“No, i’m afraid i can’t stop.”

“Of course you can! You can stop whenever you want to..” Baekhyun laughs while ordering another glass.

“I used to have trouble with drinking.” Kris face turned serious, and Baekhyun can smell something odd.

“What happen, hyung? If so, let’s go outside, then.” Baekhyun dragged Kris through the crowd and went outside.

“Do you want to tell me something?” Baekhyun asks him as they walks to the car.

“No. It’s not important..” Kris chuckled.

“But it seems to bothers you tonight.”

“Yeah, it is.”

“Care to tell?”

Kris sighed.  “Let’s go to my place.”

They drive in silent. Kris is drowned in his own mind while Baekhyun had no clue about what’s going on. He just drive.

They arrived at Kris’ place. He took out two bottles of beer from the fridge, and join Baekhyun who is sitting in his couch.

“So?” Baekhyun drinks his beer while waiting for Kris to talk.

Kris took a deep breath before he open his mouth. “So, honestly, i used to study here, in Korea. But i dropped off. When i moved here, i knew no one beside my chinese friend, Yixing. He offered me to share an apartment with his friend. So, i said yes. It’s better than living alone, right?” Baekhyun nods.

“The day i moved to the apartment is the first time i saw him. He opened the door, and all i can see is that round eyes and sticky ears, and his wide smile, showing all of his rich teeth. And i instantly knew i’m gonna stay here there forever, with him.  He’s a very nice person. He took care of me a lot. It was awkward at first, but we managed to work through it. And then suddenly i’m having problems that i though i can’t handle. I drink a lot. I can’t stop. I hang out with wrong people. We partied until dawn and came home drunk.”

“I’m surprised to hear that.” Baekhyun sighed.

“I know, it doesnt sounds like me, right?”

“Yeah. And then what happen?”

“And then there’s one day i woke up in the morning, and i feel like i dont wanna do this anymore. This isnt me. So i went to my bestfriend and talked about anything. He told me that my roommate is taking care of me, and he knew what i feel against him.  He told me to confess and apologize to him, because he feel the same way towards me. I said that i’m not ready. But by the time i was thinking to confessed and apologize, he had an accident.” Baekhyun gasp.

“Yeah. The bus that he was riding was on fire. I was informed by my bestfriend. You know, by that time, i can feel my life is crushing down. And i dont want to think about it. I dont wanna mourn about it. So i hung up, i packed my bags and flew back to Canada, and never came back.”

“I’m sorry, hyung.” Baekhyun rubs Kris’ back.

 “And now i know, that guy never died.”

“Excuse me?”

“That guy, never actually died. Instead, he brought me coffee and put it in my office table, he arranged my meeting and he accompanied me to the groceries store just yesterday.”

Baekhyun gulped. “He is Park Chanyeol.”

“Yes.”

“But why he doesnt remember you?”

“I dont know, amnesia maybe.”  Kris tossed his beer to the trashbin. “Now you know why i want  him as my secretary.”

“You want a second chance. You need a second chance.”

“Exactly, Baek.”

 

---

 

It’s Saturday and Kris likes to wakes up late on weekends. And he hate to cook on weekends. He just wanna lay in his bed for the rest of the day, but his stomach decided to signal the hungry alarm. He groans, lazily get up from his bed and went to bath.

In a split second, he already dressed up in a decent red checkered shirt and black short pants. By the time he grabbed his car key, the chinese restaurant crossed his mind.

He drove his car to the chinese restaurant, insisting to get his favorite table, the one by the window and ordered a plate of chinese fried rice & a can of coke. He finished his plate in the speed of light, and spending the rest of the time drinking coke while looking at the sight of people outside the window. He was about to leave when a guy wearing an extremely big smile on his face enters the place.

“Yixing.” Kris mumbled the name of that man. Don’t know what has gotten into him, he sat back again.

That man was sitting alone across him in different table, sipping in his bubble tea while waiting for his food to be delivered. Kris can’t help but starring at the man he used to play with, he’s so busy with his sight until he doesnt realize the guy he is starring at is actually looking at him back. Kris was shocked when the man finally get up, gathered his things and ran from the shop. He stood up and grab him by his wrist by reflex.

“What, WuYifan? You want to tell me that you had finally had Chanyeol in your posession again?”  His words surprised Kris. The man finally gathers his guts to face Kris, but Kris can tell that he’s hiding his anger.

“So, you remember me.”

“Yes i’m so ing do. Now excuse me i have a roommate to be taken care of.” Yixing shook his hands off of Kris, but he managed to grab him again.

“Why, Yixing, why? Why can’t he remember me?”

“Because i dont want him to!” Kris was taken aback by Yixing’s words.

“Why, how could you do that to me?”

“How could you do that to me? I spent days and years helping him to recover his memories while you become the decent son of the president of a very wealthy company that you always have to be!” Yixing screams in frustation.

Kris can’t say any words. “You know what, by the time Chanyeol opens his eyes in the hospital and he cant even say his own name, i decided that i would not help him remember his memories with you. He has been in pain for enough time when you around, and i dont want him to suffer anymore!” He can hear himself sobbing while telling the story. While the older was down, starring blankly at the window.

“You don’t have the rights to decide what’s best for him!” The older stood up in anger.

“Atleast i stay around for him in his breakdown moments, instead of being so ing selfish, running to another side of the earth not caring about what he left behind!” Yixing screams with his finger pointed right in Kris’ face. The older broke down, sitting with his hands covering his face. Yixing gasps for air after his very emotional and full of anger speech, waiting for the other to respon.

“I thought he was dead. I thought i just lost the half of my life. I don’t know, i just want to run and never came back.” Kris mumbles, while still looking down. The two sits there in silence, until the older finally reacts again.

“I went back to Canada to take care of my Mom, and she died 2 months later. I went to China to burried her. And my Dad in his ty family went. He offered me to work on his company. To minize the pain that i felt, I said accepted his offer.”

Kris rubbed his lap. “It is so hurt i can’t even cry.”

“He suffered partial amnesia. He can remember, but only if there’s a trigger. He remembers me, because i was with him during that days and i made him remember me by visiting the places we used to visit, things i bought for him, and others. He couldnt remember you, because you werent there, and no one tries to make him remember about you.”  Yixing finally spokes out, only to find disappointment written all over Kris’ face.

“I am sorry, Yixing. For everything.”

“I know. I forgive you.  I’m sorry.”

“You dont have to apologize.”

“I’m sorry i didnt remind him of you.” Yixing place his hand on the top of Kris’.

“It’s fine. I understand.” Kris looked up to Yixing, and smiles.

“You know, he once had a piece of memory about you. He found your bracelet that –i assume you purposely left in the bathroom. The one he gave you for his birthday. He knew i didnt wear bracelets. And the next morning, i read his dream journal that his doctor gave him. The doctor said that his memories sometimes will came back through dreams, that’s why he need to write it down. So i read the newest one that he wrote. He dreamed of playing a basketball with a very tall guy. That guy was blonde, he tied up his hair. That guy wrapped his arms around him, and he saw him wearing that bracelet he found in the bathroom. He asked me about it. I said, it was just a dream.” Kris’ face dropped in disappointment.

“I want him back, Yixing. I want to be with him and i wont waste it like before. I need a second chance.” Kris holds Yixing’s hands, pleaded him.

“It’s still too early, Kris. Give it a time.” Yixing rubbed Kris’ hands. And they spent the afternoon telling stories and catching up what they’ve missed for the past years.

 

---

 

Yixing walks weakly through his apartment door, only to find Chanyeol sitting in the kitchen counter with his long legs swaying back and forth.

“Hey, Yeol. I brought you lunch.” Chanyeol got up from the kitchen counter and opens the package.

“You know me. Thanks hyung.”

“You’re welcome.” Yixing made himself a cup of milk, and sit beside Chanyeol on the couch.

“Hyung, do you remember about the dream that i had during my recovery days?”

“Which one?”

“Where i was playing a basketball with a very tall guy. That guy was blonde, he tied his hair up. That guy wrapped his arms around me, and i saw him wearing that bracelet i found in the bathroom.  I dreamt about it again, last night. But this time, i recognize that man.”

Yixing holds his breath. “Who?”

“Wufan, my boss.”