Part 6

The Small Dancing Studio

Hello my few but lovely subbies,

4 upvotes? Wow thank you :D

I'm glad your enjoying it, please comment and tell me you thoughts .... I don't bite!

Sophie :)

P.S Have you noticed the new poster and background - thanks to Luminescene for that.
___________________________________________________________

I smiled smugly as Jongin let us into the dance studio a week later, Lay trailing slightly behind me as he dropped his bag to the left of the room. There were more people here than before, Sehun had explained to us that the small dancing studio I knew was now expanding slightly. Anya had praised him profusely, hands flitting all over the place as she battered her eyelids and clung to his shoulder like a hyperactive sloth – not that that’s possible.

“Come on,” I chirruped cheerfully as I slipped to where Lay was fumbling with his phone; tugging once on his t-shirt before turning around and going to stand in my usual place in the back left corner of the room. I was stopped, however, when Jongin cleared his throat and got the attention of the class.

“This week we’re going to swap the places around slightly,” he said, looking everywhere but at Lay and me. I swallowed, hoping he wouldn’t foil the plan and separate us, only to breathe a sigh of relief when he moved the class anti-clockwise; the two of us ending up in the far right corner.

“That was close,” Lay commented as we stretched for the warm up, facing each other like two women doing yoga in the films we often saw together. I snorted as the blood rushed to my head and face; making me feel light headed as it flowed back to my feet when we stood up.

“You don’t say,” I replied, pointing my toes as hard as I could. We were lucky that we hadn’t been moved to the front, but there was also a side to which we had been unfortunate. The three blonde beauties had been placed just in front of us so Jongin was close most of the time.

“Ok, practice pirouettes and I’ll come round to help,” Jongin shouted over the bubble of the class. Lay rolled his eyes as the teacher made his way to the opposite corner of the room and immediately placed his hands all over one of the new students. I let out a small ‘tsch’ as I launched myself, only to totter slightly and have to plant my foot firmly on the floor halfway through the spin.

“Careful.” Lay had been just slightly paranoid after the last lesson where I dislocated my shoulder. I was now fully healed but he was still careful around me. I just nodded before trying and failing again.

“No, look, like this,” he commanded before lifting one foot effortlessly and spinning on the spot. I stared, once again in awe causing Lay to laugh.

“Yeah, you help me,” I commanded with a giggle as his hands came to my waist; the sensation almost like tickling. I squirmed in his grip as he let me go.

“You have to stay still,” Lay said, trying to hold a straight face whilst I stuck my tongue out.

“Ok, let me get ready,” I said before positioning my feet. “Ready!” I braced myself for Lay’s hands only to have a pair much stronger and warmer take their place.

“You need to focus on one spot, then you’ll get it,” and then the hands, and the owner, moved onto the next dancer. A red blush adorned my cheeks as I turned to face a frowning Lay. I looked at him questioningly as I smoothed out my leotard and tried to get the blood to drain from my face.

“Follow his advice and see,” Lay demanded. I did so, positioning myself before focusing on a spot on the wall. I watched it until the last moment when I whipped my head round and latched onto it again. “Damn, why didn’t I think of that,” Lay cursed to which I laughed and reach out for his hand; swinging his arms along with mine.

“It’s ok Lay, don’t sulk,” I pouted, making him laugh.

“Ahem,” we both turned to see Jongin standing there with his arms crossed, a dark look on his face. Immediately I ripped my hands from Lay’s and turned to face him; guilt across my features. “This time is for dancing, social interactions can wait.” I wanted to shrink against his gaze, not liking the way it felt as he glared at Lay and me. I swallowed, nodding before going back to the exercise; not daring to step out of line again.

________________________________________________________

“I don’t know. I don’t think he likes me anymore,” I whined as Lay and I sat amidst the next class in the lobby. We had been waiting for Anya for around ten minutes, that didn’t matter, but it turned out that in expanding, Jongin had added another class or two to his schedule. Whilst normally the lobby was empty at this point, Lay was currently perched on his boyfriend’s lap (he had come to meet up with us and was adamant he would treat us all to ice cream after class) where as I was sitting squashed, on the floor, in the corner of the room.

“He does, I can see it,” Lay nodded whilst Suho just hummed.

“I don’t think so. Did you see the glare I received?” I knew I was being a little dramatic but my heart hurt and I wasn’t in the mood anymore. “And where is Anya?”

“I don’t know, have you ch~”

“Room C for the next class please,” Jongin’s small voice resounded through the room. It wasn’t harsh or loud and demanding like the voice he often used in our class. I look towards him, noticing him greeting the class members with a smile. A sick feeling arouse in my stomach, only to be heightened when he stopped on a particularly curvy girl with long, straight black hair and pecked her on the cheek. I could feel my tear ducts immediately spring into action and I had to look away, not wanting to burst into tears in the middle of the lobby. Lay looked at me, looking at Jongin before reaching out and tapping me on the shoulder.

“It’s ok,” he whispered before rubbing my back as I stared at the floor, not looking up until the door to the dancing studio had closed.

“I told you he didn’t like me,” I whispered before standing up and storming over to the other side of the room. I was fed up, I didn’t want to have ice cream, I just wanted to go home and I was even more fed up of waiting for Anya. I walked back behind the counter and poked my head into the staff room, not finding anything there. Stopping for a moment, I bought my hand up to my forehead in anguish before walking to the closet and flinging it open.

Sitting on the floor together, mouths attached were Anya and Sehun. As soon as light and sound filled the small the room, the two of them sprung a part, looking guilty. I glared down at Anya, not speaking a word before slamming the door closed and storming back through to the lobby.

“I found them ... in a cupboard,” I seethed before grabbing my phone from my pocket. I then went to the counter, pulling the money for my lesson out before slamming it onto the wooden surface. Why couldn’t anything go my way? Why was Anya the happy one in the cupboard making out with her boyfriend when the person I like couldn’t even look at me without glaring?

“Hey uh .... Jennifer?” I looked up to see just the person I wanted to be there staring at me; Jongin Kim.

“Yes?” I asked through my teeth; somehow my brain not registering that it was crush in front of me and not a random stranger who I could vent to.

“Uh, can I talk to you?” He asked through wide puppy eyes. However I didn’t notice this and wasted one of the most precious opportunities of my life.

“No.”