Final

I'm Here For You

"Hye Jin ! How could you?"

 

Words could not express how you felt right now. Angry, frustrated, betrayed, bewildered, all mixed up, creating a strong feeling of detest right deep inside your heart.

 

There they were, standing awkwardly in front of you. Hye Jin, your 'so-called' best friend, and Kyungsoo-sunbae, the one you had a crush on. You saw them embracing each other just now. Obviously, there was something going on between the two of them.

 

"you, let me explain..." Hye Jin tried to grab your arm. You roughly avoid her hands.

 

"Get away from me!"

 

You quickly ran from the scene, wanting to go far away from them. You were deeply hurt by the two of them. But most of all, you were very upset with that best friend of yours named Lee Hye Jin. You felt cheated and betrayed by her.

 

Suddenly, a petite hand gripped you by the arm. You stopped running and turned around.

 

Lee Hye Jin. 

 

You shot a quick glance at her.

 

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hur...."

 

"YOU KNEW I HAD A CRUSH ON HIM!" you snapped. "ALL THIS TIME, I TOLD YOU HOW I FELT TOWARDS KYUNGSOO-SUNBAE, BUT LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO ME?"

 

"I'm sorry ! It's just...."

 

"I THOUGHT YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND."

 

"Please, listen to me..."

 

"THANKS A LOT, LEE HYE JIN."

 

"I didn't mean to......"

 

"GO! LEAVE ME ALONE. JUST GO BACK TO HIM."

 

And you didn't even give a chance to Hye Jin to explain herself. But who cares? You're the one who's hurt, not her. You're the victim!

 

Tears rolled down your cheeks as you walked down the corridors.

 

You finally reached outside. You saw a bench and sat on it.

 

There, you couldn't stop the tears from bursting from your sparkling brown eyes.

 

You were so absorbed in your feelings that you didn't realized that someone else had taken a seat beside you.

 

"Stop crying. Aigoo, you look really ugly when you cry." You heard a deep, y voice very close to you.

 

You looked up and saw your senior Park Chanyeol sitting right next to you.

 

You were a bit surprised and promptly wiped away your tears.

 

"Chanyeol-sunbae..."

 

"Is it because of Kyungsoo?"

 

You were totally not expecting that from Chanyeol. Your face suddenly went red upon hearing that. You could feel your cheeks getting warmer.

 

"What? H..How did you know?"

 

He chuckled. "Your feelings for him are pretty obvious, you know?"

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah. Anyone could see it right from your face."

 

You thought he was joking, but his adorable, cute face was rather serious this time.

 

He looked up at the beautiful blue sky and said, " I know he's been dating your best friend."

 

Your face suddenly changed. A sudden feeling of disgust overwhelmed you. "Best friend? What kind of best friend is that?!" you thought.

 

"Well, honestly, I don't think you should be mad at them."

 

"What? She stabbed me on the back so why would you say like that?! I deserved to get upset, don't I?" 

 

"Really? Then, did Kyungsoo know that you like him?"

 

"Umm... no. Not really." The words barely escaped your mouth. You suddenly felt embarassed at your own self. You couldn't even look at the pretty boy in front of you. But still you had to admit that you were deeply hurt by the incident.

 

 

 

(1 month later)

 

It was already a month since the incident and you never talked to Hye Jin since then. Although you might bumped into each other sometimes, you didn't even want to look at her in the eyes. You would quickly avoid her before she even had the chance to speak with you.

 

Right now you were in the classroom, walking towards your desk. Somehow, you were surprised when you saw a letter inside your desk.

 

MEET ME AT THE SCHOOL GATE AT 12.30 P.M.

 

Just like that. Not even a name on it. 

 

"Who could it be?" you wondered.

 

That afternoon, right after the school bell rings, you curiously went to the school gate, just as instructed in the letter.

 

When you reached the school gate, you saw a very familiar person leaning on the wall.

 

"Chanyeol-sunbae?"

 

"Ah, there you are ! Follow me."

 

"Where to?"

 

"You'll see."

 

Half-heartedly, you followed him.

 

Soon, you arrived at a beautiful park, just a few walk from school.

 

He stopped under a big, shady tree. He just stood still there.

 

You were a bit puzzled but still you walked until you finally stood in front of him.

 

You actually felt quite awkward and somehow curious.

 

"Thank you." He said. " Thank you for giving me this chance."

 

"Chance? What do you mean?"

 

"Actually... I wanted to tell you something."

 

His face was really serious and he was looking straight into your eyes.

 

"Really? What is it?"

 

"Umm... well..."

 

He paused.

 

"I... I like you, so much, since I saw you for the first time..."

 

You were shocked by the words you've just heard. You tried to run from him but he caught your arm.

 

"Hey, it's okay. I know you still can't forget Do Kyungsoo. After all, he was your first love, right? Oh, how I envy him."

 

The pretty boy in front of you boldly held your hands and said, " I won't regret to hear your answer. I just hope that you could finally accept me, sooner or later..."

 

 Suddenly, you heard a familiar sound. Oh, your phone is ringing! How perfect timing, you thought.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hi, it's me. Please, don't hang up now. I have something to tell you."

 

It's that girl again. That girl who you wished you never had knew her before.

 

"Fine. What is it?"

 

"I'm going to break up with Kyungsoo. I guess it's the only way I could be friends with you again."

 

"What? No! You don't have to break up with him because of me!"

 

"Why?"

 

"I already have Chanyeol-sunbae with me." you glanced at the pretty boy in front of you. His eyes got bigger when he heard what you said. He looked at you in excitement and disbelief.

 

"OMO~ really? But why won't you talk to me anymore?"

 

"I was a bit upset about earlier."

 

"I'm sorry, friend."

 

"It's ok. I guess I was wrong too. I'm sorry, Hye Jin."

 

"So, are you still mad at me?"

 

"Hmm... I don't know. Maybe I won't, if you buy me lunch tomorrow."

 

"Ok! I'll buy your favourite maple crepe! See you tomorrow!"

 

The conversation ended. Somehow, you didn't feel upset about her anymore. In fact, you were glad that you'd be friends again. After all, girls shouldn't fight because of a namja, right?

 

"Ehemm..."

 

You looked at the senior student in front of you. You smiled.

 

"I guess that means yes?"

 

You held his hand and nodded.